Forum Settings
Forums

What do you like/dislike about the Anime community?

New
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
If I'm thinking "community" right?

Anyways, what I HATE! ... is how Japan chooses their adaptions of anime (they are great, but let me tell you what I hate about it)

I HATE how they just decide to air some anime (based on manga), when the manga isn't finished. And that they then end the anime with a filler...
Apr 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty much, I hate it when they end an anime with fillers and don't follow the manga completly...
Apr 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2010
About all of it I hate. Petty, crude, and compulsive. And you're threatened to be swallowed up if you don't conform to this standard.
Apr 18, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2009
I don't like people who like anime; you know, the stereotypical anime nerd. Chubby, pimples, glasses, no sense of fashion, what have you.
Besides that I don't care ^.^
Apr 18, 2012 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Anime fans are scum of the Earth. HIDE YOUR POWER LEVEL
Apr 18, 2012 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
kiltroutgore said:
I don't like people who like anime; you know, the stereotypical anime nerd. Chubby, pimples, glasses, no sense of fashion, what have you.
Besides that I don't care ^.^

How you doing?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 18, 2012 4:14 PM

Aug 2009
I do hide my power level. I'm not ashamed of it, either. The only time it peeks through is the one time a year when I go to an anime convention. And it's because of people I've seen there that make me ashamed of my own damn fandom. Over the internet, I don't mind it nearly as much, because I did it myself. But when someone is screaming that they want to "glomp" you, I have a problem with that. For some reason, people at anime conventions think that running up and hugging someone they don't know is perfectly acceptable. Especially when they're wearing thirty pounds of costume.

Also, I'm a fujoshi in the comfort of my own house/with my best friend/on the internet, but not in public. So no, thirteen year old girl writing fanfiction, I will not tell you who my favorite pairing is.
Apr 18, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
I hate the people that overexagerate moe, i hate both sides, the one that likes shit shows cause its cute and the ones that hate shows cause they have a cute art style

can both of you just shut the hell up and judge based off the shows actual quality and writing instead

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 18, 2012 4:23 PM
Mar 2010
-Diverse
-A pretty "up to date" group of people. Probably because they spend so much time online that they stumble upon news articles every so often.

Dislikes:
-People who cosplay at non-conventions.
-People who think that their opinions on (insert anime) is the end all be all
-People who have watched a lot of anime, so they don't consider people who have only seen a few "actual" fans
-People who seem to find some sort of way to incorporate "kawaii" into every sentence
-Nerds irl who feel the need to be assholes online to gain back their bravado
-Guys who watch anime (amongst other nerdy things I'm sure) who complain on message boards how they're "the nice guy that their best friend wants, but they're never noticed." The woe is me guy.
(yes, I hate when girls constantly talk about how there are no nice guys, but usually these girls don't watch too much anime. The "nice guys" do)

As a community, I don't really dislike anything. It's only specific people that I've seen on forums and message boards that make me go "srsly fuck off"

@holypoop J-pop America Fun Time Now is the only SNL skit I've watched over and over. Just so fucking accurate and hilarious.
mylovelyfateApr 18, 2012 5:24 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 18, 2012 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
I used to dislike some things.. but then I heard this song.
LUL
Apr 18, 2012 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Veronin said:
Dislikes:
• People who disregard older anime just because of the low resolution or whatever, when the story, characters, and everything else is easily just as good as anything current.

I'll also add this to my list, such a stupid reason not to watch something.

Sir_Lexa said:
People who think their soo fucking cool bashing the weeabos.

I don't actually like them either, but saying you hate them? C'mon people you need to grow up.

u mad? :3
Apr 18, 2012 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Veronin said:
If you get easily offended then don't read this post. Just a warning :<

Dislikes:
• People that only follow seasonal anime so they can fit in with the current scene.
• People who disregard older anime just because of the low resolution or whatever, when the story, characters, and everything else is easily just as good as anything current.
• People speaking out of their ass about the industry when they have no clue what the hell they're talking about.
• Pervasive sheep mentality where something gets hated on (or liked) just because they see others doing it.

All of these points.
Apr 18, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2011

Dislikes

. . .Pretty much it.
Apr 18, 2012 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know about the exactly what the 'anime community' refers to, but since I have no friends in RL that watch anime, I'm going to base things off of this site:

Dislikes:
-lots of young people/ people who can't express themselves well
-too much small talk for the sake of small talk, although I don't want to make any assumptions as to what this is a result of
-anime hipsters
-all the negative things associated with any popular entertainment business

-accepting and generally kind community, where anyone can feel welcome
-disproves stereotypes about who does and doesn't enjoy anime
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 18, 2012 5:02 PM

Oct 2010
Scruff said:
Immahnoob said:

- Now this is only about MAL, the Forums are slow, people don't like posting, and I wanted to join MAL only for that to be honest. The "List" that I get after I register is not worth it, I can use notepad anytime.

- Again, the forums being slow, no Search function (I dont know if there is, I didn't found one) and no real-time chat!

I agree, MAL is slightly dead when it comes to the forums, but oh well. It's not like it's ever going to get updated again. I feel like this site is in it's twilight years for some reason, I dunno, it just gives off that vibe.

Honestly compared to other sites, MAL forums is pretty alive.
Apr 18, 2012 6:05 PM

Aug 2007
What I like:
I can discuss with a lot of people about my fave anime or my fave manga
I can find a person that like the same as me.
I meet interesting people

What I deslike:
trolls
fan boy and fan gig (this person always saying: The anime/manga I read is the best because I say it.
Fans that will defend something to dead not thinking about anything else.
Apr 18, 2012 6:11 PM
Mar 2010
Supergrunt8 said:
Scruff said:
Immahnoob said:

- Now this is only about MAL, the Forums are slow, people don't like posting, and I wanted to join MAL only for that to be honest. The "List" that I get after I register is not worth it, I can use notepad anytime.

- Again, the forums being slow, no Search function (I dont know if there is, I didn't found one) and no real-time chat!

I agree, MAL is slightly dead when it comes to the forums, but oh well. It's not like it's ever going to get updated again. I feel like this site is in it's twilight years for some reason, I dunno, it just gives off that vibe.

Honestly compared to other sites, MAL forums is pretty alive.

MAL's pretty alive, if you ask me. I'm apart of a forum that has approx 20 active members, lol. It used to have more, but it died out. I still go on there because we've all been friends since 2006, but there's usually only 3 or so people online at a time. In comparison to that, MAL usually has 200+ online. Definitely not dead imo. But this is totally OT so I'll shut up now lol.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 18, 2012 8:01 PM

Apr 2008
The majority of the people and their idiocy, which is my dislike in pretty much any community, really.
I like a couple of the people though, which is true for the rest of the world as well.
Apr 18, 2012 8:07 PM

Apr 2008
Narmy said:
Veronin said:
Dislikes:
Oh man, I had to reply to this. Sorry for needing the things that I expose myself to for copious amounts of time to be aesthetically pleasing. If I start reading a story and the plot seems good but the writing style is shit, I can't stand reading it. Same with anime, if I start watching one, even if I really want to watch it and the plot sounds great, if the art style and overall visual and audio quality suck, it's painful, I can't force myself to watch it.
Apr 18, 2012 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
astronomical said:
Oh man, I had to reply to this. Sorry for needing the things that I expose myself to for copious amounts of time to be aesthetically pleasing. If I start reading a story and the plot seems good but the writing style is shit, I can't stand reading it. Same with anime, if I start watching one, even if I really want to watch it and the plot sounds great, if the art style and overall visual and audio quality suck, it's painful, I can't force myself to watch it.

Depends if the quality actually does suck, or if it's just an older style that you can't be open-minded about.
Apr 18, 2012 8:19 PM

Apr 2008
Narmy said:
astronomical said:
Depends if the quality actually does suck, or if it's just an older style that you can't be open-minded about.
I'm probably an art history major for a reason, I'm really particular about styles, but I do try to be open minded, although it's the same, if I don't find it aesthetically please, it better be really fantastic, or it's too hard for me to watch.
Apr 19, 2012 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
Sora_N said:
Pros:

People who insist other anime fans need to watch anime subbed to be true anime fans. (This pisses me off! I watch anime in both dubbed and subbed and I am a huge anime fan. Just because someone wants to watch anime dubbed does not mean they are not true anime fans.) In my opinion both dubs and subs are have flaws and neither one is superior.

I piss you off then, because I always prefer the sub above the dub. I like to watch things they way they are intented to be and not how the Americans want to see it ;)! IMO it's like watching a fake copy of a painting: it is nice, but it doesn't have the same feeling as the real picture. Well, you might still be an animefan if you watch things in English, but personally I would rather die.
'There are no facts, only interpretations'
- Nietzsche
Apr 19, 2012 12:42 AM
Jul 2011
I hate... the Sasuke and Zero/Kaname fangirls. Everyone else is cool.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Apr 19, 2012 12:43 AM
Mar 2011
astronomical said:
Narmy said:
Veronin said:
Dislikes:

Unpious pleb
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 19, 2012 1:19 AM

Apr 2008
Enjolras1830 said:
Unpious pleb
I heathen such as yourself could not possibly stand to see the shining brightness of my godly glory. Tis not my fault you close your eyes.
Apr 19, 2012 2:00 AM

Dec 2009
Like:
- The people you can relate to in terms of tastes
- The friendly people in the fandom
- How you can learn from each other
- The cons and meetups (never been to one though)

Dislike:
- The weeaboos

I don't really mind the elitists because you can ignore them just as easily as you can avoid dick-ish people. But you can't really avoid weeaboos. If you are around their vicinity, you run the risk of getting glomped, having a peaceful conversation disturbed by their loud nyanning, or other much more annoying things.
Apr 19, 2012 3:42 AM

Dec 2011
I am in the Anime Community, no matter how you put it. I like it so I am in it, if I didn't I wouldn't be. :)

Apr 19, 2012 3:52 AM

Mar 2012
What I only hate is, people who think they're 'Anime Addicts', but has only watched one anime; and that is Naruto.

Also, I hate it when they say anime is only for kids! SO, BLOODY ANIMES ARE ONLY FOR KIDS TOO? Gosh.
Apr 19, 2012 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
Scruff said:

-I generally think Anime fans are "smarter" and more tolerant and accepting people.

Wrong, ive come across ALOT of stupid people in the anime community, there are tons of dumb people around that watch anime.

personally, i notice that anime fans are more kind and usually have a better personality than non anime fans, not always though.

what i hate is otaku elitist, we have alot of them on MAL for example, they are basicly a bunch of no lifers that watch hundreds of anime and have alot of friends on mal, and think they are always right and only the things they say matter and are true and your opinion is void, for those people: GET A LIFE, you suck at it.

and the most annoying thing of all is people that try to be a smartass and often come with long extended comments which contain things you didnt even ask for and already knew.
GdesuApr 19, 2012 4:20 AM
Apr 19, 2012 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
nozomisasaki said:
Scruff said:

-I generally think Anime fans are "smarter" and more tolerant and accepting people.

Wrong, ive come across ALOT of stupid people in the anime community, there are tons of dumb people around that watch anime

You can say that of any community to be honest. That's a "generic like". I can say that this community is the BEST but that's like so abstract. It all depends on your level of intelligence and how you see people around you.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 19, 2012 6:34 AM

Oct 2010
Well, I have found in MAL people who are way more smarter than in almost any other site I post in. Which leads to one little thing I don't know if I like or dislike from the anime fandom: its heterogeneity when it comes to expression and discussion; there are many people here who can't make a proper argument, some of them even don't try and hold that stupid reason that "everybody is entitled to their opinion" like a dogma, but in other threads it's easy to find long walls of text from people who clearly know what are they talking about.

In general I would agree with what has been mentioned as positive points. The anime community is open, accepting of new fans, and it tends to be accepting too when it comes to tastes and even those which in other places would be dismissed as sick or absurd. I somehow like too that people tend to take their shit seriously, specially when it leads to artistic expression or thorough exploration of the manga/anime, reading and looking for interpretations, opinions... I think that's the best part of being a fan, and the anime world in special seems to tend to promote this.

What I dislike... well, any extremism. From fans who are not able to accept a criticism from the show they like, to elitists who believe their anime list is the new Holy Bible, etc. And also, that it is so easy to troll. A community without troll users is not a community though, but in the case of anime it can become annoyingly excessive.

What I don't care about... people who cosplay, have their rooms decorated with plushies, posters and figures, want to learn Japanese, etc. I am not going to mess with their life, not my choice ok, as well as I am not affected I don't care.
Apr 19, 2012 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
jal90 said:
Well, I have found in MAL people who are way more smarter than in almost any other site I post in. Which leads to one little thing I don't know if I like or dislike from the anime fandom: its heterogeneity when it comes to expression and discussion; there are many people here who can't make a proper argument, some of them even don't try and hold that stupid reason that "everybody is entitled to their opinion" like a dogma, but in other threads it's easy to find long walls of text from people who clearly know what are they talking about..

Well, I don't know how I am to be honest. I see myself as a really good talk, I like debating and stuff, but thing is I find these forums to really LACK any debates or discussion. It's primary because it's an anime forum. So what can you talk about? Anime are pretty much what they are, you can't debate about anything in them because it's already like that.

So I think that's a reason for that lack.

Autocrat said:
Apr 19, 2012 7:13 AM

Oct 2010
Immahnoob said:
jal90 said:
Well, I have found in MAL people who are way more smarter than in almost any other site I post in. Which leads to one little thing I don't know if I like or dislike from the anime fandom: its heterogeneity when it comes to expression and discussion; there are many people here who can't make a proper argument, some of them even don't try and hold that stupid reason that "everybody is entitled to their opinion" like a dogma, but in other threads it's easy to find long walls of text from people who clearly know what are they talking about..

Well, I don't know how I am to be honest. I see myself as a really good talk, I like debating and stuff, but thing is I find these forums to really LACK any debates or discussion. It's primary because it's an anime forum. So what can you talk about? Anime are pretty much what they are, you can't debate about anything in them because it's already like that.

So I think that's a reason for that lack.

Everything is debatable, tastes are subjective but being subjective doesn't mean they can't be analyzed and put in a context; and the fact it is an anime forum should not be a limitation but rather a reinforcement of these debates. I think the level of debates in Anime Discussion in general, and of individual episodes in special, tends to be low, but not because of the stuff itself, but because there is no effort taken. It seems people tend to express themselves more thoroughly when talking about other things (in General Discussion for example), which I, as a member of an anime & manga community, can't say I understand.
Apr 19, 2012 7:47 AM

Feb 2012
A little off-topic, but the MAL community is probably the best community I've seen so far on the internet.

MAL is like a neverending happy party in rainbowland compared to gaming communities, like wow, lol and hon. ( hon being the worst I've experienced )

I like it here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 8:07 AM

Apr 2012
Vhess said:
A little off-topic, but the MAL community is probably the best community I've seen so far on the internet.

MAL is like a neverending happy party in rainbowland compared to gaming communities, like wow, lol and hon. ( hon being the worst I've experienced )

I like it here

I don't know, I feel at home on those forums. I like pissing people off, especially in legit ways, like winning an argument (as most of them get pissed there), as my speciality is Theorycrafting. Yeah I feed on peoples hatred.

Autocrat said:
Apr 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Feb 2010
Honestly?

It just depends on what part of the community we're focusing on. Places like /a/ have absolutely no rules while ANN tends to be too politically correct for its own good. The general behavior of the people in the fandom itself is just the usual Internet anonymity at work.
Apr 19, 2012 9:21 AM

Feb 2012
Immahnoob said:
Vhess said:

I like it here

I don't know, I feel at home on those forums. I like pissing people off, especially in legit ways, like winning an argument (as most of them get pissed there), as my speciality is Theorycrafting. Yeah I feed on peoples hatred.

A fellow troll hmm? I like trolling angry or stupid people, but i don't act like a douche ( well, in wow i used to gank everyone i saw, just for the lulz)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 9:50 AM

Aug 2007
First off, I'd prefer to start what I dislike about the anime community. For starters, for every genuinely decent human being who happens to watch anime, there's at least a dozen obnoxious Japanese wannabes who actually know nothing of the culture and merely treat the medium as a hip trend. The 'sub elite' types are awful, I don't think I've met people more obnoxious in this community than these people. The community is(obviously) dominated by a younger generation, most of who only want the newest material, and never even consider going back to decades ago to watch credible classics that most likely influenced the current works that they love so much. The rest of my complaints generally just lead to an overall dislike for a lot of people my age in general.

Also, being an anime fan doesn't necessarily make you open-minded, or anything close to it. I've seen a ton of homophobic comments on this site, particularly in the news forum. Liking anime doesn't deem you immune to human weakness. It's that kind of delusional thinking that's made me so jaded towards the community over the last few years.

What do I like? Well, despite all that, again there are some nice people who are at least open to the idea that animation is art, and the storytelling can be just as credible as any film or book. If I wasn't part of this community regardless, I wouldn't have met people who I considers friends, so deep down, I'm still grateful.

Apr 19, 2012 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Vhess said:
Immahnoob said:
Vhess said:

I like it here

A fellow troll hmm? I like trolling angry or stupid people, but i don't act like a douche ( well, in wow i used to gank everyone i saw, just for the lulz)

Hmmm, I don't think I'm worthy of the title of Troll yet. It depends, sometimes I'm acting as a complete douche, as I can't take the level of stupidity there (rarely happens).
Hias said:
The community is(obviously) dominated by a younger generation, most of who only want the newest material, and never even consider going back to decades ago to watch credible classics that most likely influenced the current works that they love so much.

Also, being an anime fan doesn't necessarily make you open-minded, or anything close to it. I've seen a ton of homophobic comments on this site, particularly in the news forum

I'm just 19, but the thing is I watch only "new" stuff because I think the chances of getting more seasons is higher (seriously, how many anime got over two seasons after 5 years from the last release?), of course I watched older stuff (actually I don't know what old for you means).

About the homophobic thing. I don't understand it either. How can somebody be so ignorant? Homosexuals exist for AGES, and it has been proven it's not a disease or mental problems or whatever. If you're gay, you're gay. That's it, you can't change that (from what I know). So that just makes homophobics really intolerant, ignorant and stupid people.
ImmahnoobApr 19, 2012 9:59 AM

Autocrat said:
Apr 19, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
Sora_N said:
Pros:

People who insist other anime fans need to watch anime subbed to be true anime fans. (This pisses me off! I watch anime in both dubbed and subbed and I am a huge anime fan. Just because someone wants to watch anime dubbed does not mean they are not true anime fans.) In my opinion both dubs and subs are have flaws and neither one is superior.

I agree with this, no matter how much I hate dubs or am pissed off by the people watching them, I have no right to say anything about them and respect that fact by not forcing my opinion on them.... I only learnt this recently though so I guess I've been a dick up until now.

astronomical said:

This is something else I agree on. I think animation style is a very important part of this (artistic) medium and an anime that tries to sell itself with just it's story will fall short. It NEEDS to compete with others Anime with better quality art, otherwise it just won't do well. This is partly why I found Higurashi such a painful watch.

Looks like this thread is going in the right direction. Keep it up.
No.
Apr 19, 2012 10:57 AM
Mar 2012
Scruff said:
This is something else I agree on. I think animation style is a very important part of this (artistic) medium and an anime that tries to sell itself with just it's story will fall short. It NEEDS to compete with others Anime with better quality art, otherwise it just won't do well. This is partly why I found Higurashi such a painful watch.

Interesting opinion. I couldn't care less about the "art" aspect and can't understand people who won't watch something because they think the art style is ugly and whatnot. I watch anime solely for one reason: to get my fix of interesting stories. I constantly try watching movies and reading books to avoid missing out on good stuff, but - apart from a number of them - they can't hold my attention for long and I usually can't even finish them. For some reason, anime always manages to draw me in with its strange, supernatural worlds, over-romanticized worldview and way too dramatic emotional expressions. There's something in it which makes it feel much more real than any movie, even though it's drawn. My point being, I would watch it even if it were drawn using nursery school crayons.
Apr 19, 2012 11:09 AM

Mar 2012
Think of it like video games. Yes, there are some amazing classics which can still be enjoyed for everything they brought to the table, but no one can stand to look at a Gameboy Color screen all day when they have a PS3 hooked up to a widescreen LCD screen in their basement.

Both art and other factors are capable of making or breaking an anime, so it's nice to have the best of both if possible.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 19, 2012 11:19 AM
Mar 2012
Maybe, I was never too graphics-oriented so I probably won't ever care about this aspect. Following your line of thought, hell yeah I would stare at a Gameboy screen all they long if I find a really awesome game. Anyway, to each his own.
Apr 19, 2012 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Well I like that they won't judge me regardless of how messed up my head is xD
Apr 19, 2012 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
Think of it like video games. Yes, there are some amazing classics which can still be enjoyed for everything they brought to the table, but no one can stand to look at a Gameboy Color screen all day when they have a PS3 hooked up to a widescreen LCD screen in their basement.

Both art and other factors are capable of making or breaking an anime, so it's nice to have the best of both if possible.

Hm? I can't say that it's wrong what you said. But truly, why would you diss a game like Xenoblade Chronicles? It's just as you said, the graphics suck, but hey, it's like the highest rated RPG in 2012 at the moment.

Best. Gameplay. Ever?

You're not much of a gamer if you think that graphics > gameplay, as long as it's not something like splashes that move without any type of animation then I don't see a problem.

Autocrat said:
Apr 19, 2012 12:05 PM

May 2010
I love elitists and people who've got their preferences and such figured out; it's always fun and interesting to talk to those people

Hate fans who are crazy about flat chests or so flippantly wish for characters' deaths; they're straight-up faggots and totally stupid
Apr 19, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2011
JoshSalas said:

I dunno... there are honestly more Gameboy/Color games I like than PS3/360 games. Video game graphics are even less important than aesthetics in anime though, since at least in games there is a potential for enjoyment if the gameplay is good, even if the story/graphics are bad.

But Higurashi isn't even that bad looking, the visuals are at least way better than the VN it was based on. (which is not to say the VN is bad either)
Apr 19, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2010
Narmy said:

I dunno... there are honestly more Gameboy/Color games I like than PS3/360 games. Video game graphics are even less important than aesthetics in anime though, since at least in games there is a potential for enjoyment if the gameplay is good, even if the story/graphics are bad.

While my experience with video games is not adequate to make any decisions between Gameboy games and 360 games, I do agree with the general sentiment of your message.

I'm looking at you, Sonic. :\
Apr 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
Slurpentine said:
Hate fans who are crazy about flat chests

You hate me deeply it seems. I knew it from the beginning... But... But I loved you! I always had a place for you in my heart...!

Ahem...

Well to be honest, I don't mind the size. That's of no importance. Isn't that a matter of taste? Actually that's a bit of a sexual thing, so you can't actually choose what you find attractive, or else you're lying to yourself. Think about it. It's like asking the person in question to change from Heterosexual to Homosexual or Bisexual. It's impossible.

Autocrat said:
Apr 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
Basically: I wouldn't be likely to write an anime off because of it's animation style/quality, but it absolutely plays an important role in my level of enjoyment.

Immahnoob said:
You're not much of a gamer if you think that graphics > gameplay, as long as it's not something like splashes that move without any type of animation then I don't see a problem.

You're also not much of a gamer if you think graphics are unimportant, hence why I said a balance is best. I prefer to play games that have the best of both, for example Little Big Planet.

Narmy said:

How seriously do you mean that though? If you were to be given the choice between playing PS3/360 or Gameboy Color right now, which would you choose? I know you're probably going to say Gameboy Color, but tbh you'd be in the extreme, extreme minority if you could say that honestly.
JoshApr 19, 2012 12:41 PM
LoneWolf said:
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This has been the worst 6 weeks of anime I have seen in a long time. ( 1 2 )

StateofOhayo - Yesterday

61 by Lucifrost »»
7 seconds ago

» If you had to watch one of the animes in the top 50 of MAL with your family, which one would you choose and why?

ToastWithNutella - 7 hours ago

24 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

65 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» How do you react to getting spoiled?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

29 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime girls you think are the epitome of purity.

TsutanaiFuun - Today

28 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.