Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2012 7:19 PM
Nov 2010
Firstly, I must say that I am very sorry to all those who love older anime, and who have recommended older anime shows, for not taking them seriously, despite the fact that there was surely a reason they were described as "classics".

Secondly, I loved this anime completely and would like to know if the anime was faithful to the manga and if I should read it too?

Thirdly, I would like recommendations for any show like Maison Ikkoku. The qualifications can basically be summed up into 2 categories:

1) Shows where the main female interest has lost her beloved in some way such as in Maison Ikkoku and one of the female characters in Honey and Clover.

2) Shows where the main female interest feels 'real' in the sense that she is not simply a stereotype. For instance, in Maison Ikkoku, Kyoko at first seems to be a stereotypical perfect girl until she is slowly revealed to the audience as someone who can be very angry, jealous and untrusting. In many ways she seems to be an example of a plausible tsundere, though I would hesitate to call her a tsundere at all.

However, though I would prefer anime, if there are any exceptionally good manga matches with a good translation then please, by all means, recommend them too.

Many thanks for any and all replies!
Apr 11, 2012 6:12 AM
Nov 2010
bump.
Apr 11, 2012 6:39 AM

May 2011
I'm not yet familiar with Maison Ikkoku but based to your demands I say,

Cross Game (the anime)
Suzuka (the manga)

As for other similar classic romances I'd say,

Touch
Kimagure Orange Road

The creator of Maison Ikkoku has other romance anime as well. Maybe check those.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.

More topics from this board

» Early Toei Movies

Lucifrost - Mar 8

5 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» Ainu

Lucifrost - 4 hours ago

0 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» Recommend a masterpiece I haven't seen yet

phantom346 - Yesterday

4 by 8oomer »»
5 hours ago

» Recommended anime that has DBZ style fight scenes?

Jetstreamraiden2 - Sep 22

8 by deg »»
Yesterday, 7:53 AM

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Sep 23

34 by nyugvo6 »»
Sep 26, 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.