Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a really good fight but the ending to the race felt like a cop out. It didn’t seem like Takashi did anything special to win. He should have knocked the other guy down or show that a hit caused the other guy’s mech to slow down. There was also too much down time after the race.
Nov 2, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was awesome in my opinion, loved the fighting scenes then a photo shot to end the race/season, thought that they really mixed well...

Jan 5, 2013 12:08 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good stuff. I really enjoyed this series, and it brought back some good memories from when it was on Toonami.

I really hope Takashi's romance with Liz kicks off next season. She's so awesome.

I give IGPX an 8/10.
Jan 29, 2015 8:01 PM

May 2012
Pretty open ending making room for the second season but all in all this first season was pretty lovely, while the start wasn't the best and also the reason I postponed this anime but in the end it sure was nice! Let's see what the second season will offer next!
Jan 11, 2017 8:15 PM

Jul 2011
The characters and their interactions/relations really won me over for this series. Female team director, martial artist Liz (my fave), a smart but quiet and classy ojousan, a laid-back mc who still has a desire to win, a high class harvard graduate as a low-key mechanic, and coach who turned out to be a celeb. I enjoyed them all and the side characters too! I also like that despite having two girls as teammates, it's hardly romantic and rather, friendly. Heck, the mc got a girlfriend from an opposing team!

You could also sense character's problems, but it was never melodramatic and irritating to watch. In fact, it was fun watching them all overcome their challenges. Felt oddly realistic - River and Takeshi's rivalry (on River's end more), and how River ultimately left the team to join another and remain on good terms with everyone. Opposing teams were not enemies, but opponents.

I agree that the win didn't feel that climatic, but I don't mind too much. :)
MirorinJan 11, 2017 8:22 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Question about River. Looking for opinions.

TheBlockernator - Dec 17, 2023

2 by alexw1020 »»
Feb 19, 7:54 AM

» IGPX returns to Toonami remastered in HD

ItzGarrehandro - Nov 3, 2023

2 by alexw1020 »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » IGPX Immortal Grand Prix Episode 1 Discussion

Hawksman - Oct 31, 2012

9 by Brisco »»
Jan 31, 2021 4:51 PM

Poll: » IGPX Immortal Grand Prix Episode 9 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 26, 2012

4 by Wintovisky »»
Jan 17, 2017 6:55 PM

Poll: » IGPX Immortal Grand Prix Episode 8 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 2, 2012

3 by Wintovisky »»
Jan 17, 2017 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.