Forum Settings
Forums

Whats happening to long running animes? (bleach, naruto, one piece)

New
Apr 3, 2012 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
Okay bleach is done now totally lame couldn't hold out and end with the mangas last arc., naruto will probably end after the war's over I don't see it moving on to another arc. i'm seeing the end is near, beezlebub's done to even though i didn't really see it as mega anime it could of lasted longer.
When i think of anime and manga i always think of these three series bleach, naruto, and one piece. One piece is fine i don't see its anime run ending or the end of its manga. But if bleach and naruto end what will take the helm of long running animes. Fairy tails good but its arc's are short i don't see it lasting as long as the major 3.

What do you think of the major 3 (bleach, naruto, one piece) continuation and endings? What do you think can replace them?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2012 11:21 PM

Nov 2011
Bleach will be coming back.

They just took it off air so they can finish the manga but once the manga is complete can guarantee you we'll probably be seeing Bleach come again.

One Piece is probably only little past half-way done so still have a long ways to go. Naruto still has awhile depending on what direction it turns. Just because a major event ends doesn't mean it's the end of the anime/manga. A lot of people thought Bleach would end at the Aizen arc but it didn't.

Fairy Tail is already widely popular and will probably last for awhile and right now a Naruto Spinoff took Bleach's place on air which is ehhh. You'll have to watch it yourself.

No worries though OP will still be here for awhile, Bleach will be back(The final arc is said to be even longer then the arancar arc so will take years to be complete both anime and manga) and Naruto still has awhile longer as well!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 3, 2012 11:42 PM

Oct 2009
I just hope One Piece never ends. It's the only one I care about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2012 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
Bleach is boring... but it all depends on the fans in Japan. If they support it and it has a good ranking then is coming back.

As for naruto there just dragging the story on and on introducing new character and such. ( this is why i dropped it )

For Fairy Tail i dont see it ending any time soon. It might take a break since the anime is catching up to the manga. Well in the summer Fairy Tail is gonna get its first movie therefore the view rate will not drop but maybe increase. Unless the movie is extremely disappointing.

o i forgot about one piece but to me one piece aint lacknig anything. Its keeping me company. It has a direct story plot like going from island to island to reach the one piece. Each island is usually an arc or a filler which only lasts for a few ep usually ( comedic ones too )

dont forget Katekyo hitman reborn ended last year too. or was it year before..
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 4, 2012 12:40 AM

Oct 2011
Based from the manga events from Naruto I don't see it will gonna end. He is still not Hokage :P
Apr 4, 2012 1:08 AM

Dec 2010
I just don't like anime where I can't see the end. It's frustrating. You watch the end of an arc and think that the anime should end there, and they come back with another one a week later. The only one I keep up with is Naruto and even though I like it, I also wish it would end.

If an anime was episodic it would be fine by me if it continued for as long as it had support, but with anime like Naruto and Bleach that have set story arcs, I don't enjoy the never ending aspect at all, especially when I have to deal with shitty filler episodes.

Also I have absolutely no idea what will replace these 3, although most people would suggest Fairy Tale. I haven't seen it yet myself though.
Apr 4, 2012 1:28 AM

Jan 2012
bleach is on hiatus will come back when the manga ends. Naruto is still got some years to go and will not be ending soon. can't speak for one piece since i dont follow its news.

its too soon to think about the next big thing. i know this for sure: its all about the sales.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 4, 2012 2:08 AM

Jul 2010
Not sure if Naruto will end after this arc. as above mentioned, bleach didn't ended after Aizen arc and that was the worst part. There is no goal for Ichigo. He's just fighting without any reason. While Luffy and Naruto have a goal and manga will continue until they reach their goals. it depends on authors how long they want to continue. It's really not difficult when they already done more than 500 chapters and volume sales are still high. They took break from bleach anime because TV ratings were low and every time they run into fillers in between ongoing arc, each episode take 3 to 4 chapters without any filler. i think it's good instead continuing with endless fillers. I wonder why bleach fans are disappointed? i mean no one like fillers and everyone always start complaining when filler arc about to start. also peoples are blaming it on Rock lee anime. lol, they need to fill a time slot, its not Naruto SD fault to end bleach. :D When bleach will come back after a year or two it might get higher rating because of this break.

Yanoflies said:

Well. You're wrong as it will end. One Piece is half done and it was around 550 chapters or something, when they was about to touch red line but then got separated. now they're in new world. I would like to finish all 3 of them before i quit reading manga.
Apr 4, 2012 9:34 AM
Nov 2011
Why even bother? Most of those mainstream titles are nothing but over-rated pile of shit full of annoying and unnecessary fillers. If you're so adapted to that 'on-going' ideal, just watch the seasonal shit--amongst which, at least one or two turn out better than those anoying 'shounen three' every season. As for me, I hate the shows whose ending is nowhere to be seen in near future, unless of course, the show is something like LOGH. Yeah, most long running shows tend to derail. Thus, for me, medium-sized shit is preferable.
Apr 4, 2012 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
There will be people dieing of old age before One Piece ends, it still has what left, 5, 10 years?
Apr 4, 2012 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
You know what I don't have? The fucking attention span to watch something with the same plot a million and one episodes. I don't even understand how anyone does. Medium size shit usually bores me to sleep after a while. My limit is about a 24 episode series. Anything past that I just stop giving a shit about.
Apr 4, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Detective Conan is still around. We are at 650+ with 14 movies etc...

Naruto in total is on 450+ and it is a good anime.

Bleach was terrible. Glad it ended, but the manga is ongoing so they might bring it back. Who knows.
Apr 4, 2012 2:35 PM
Feb 2010
Just got back into re-reading One Piece liking it better then I ever did Bleach & Naruto again. And honestly happy Bleach has ended thing's dragging oout to long can get quite annoying, altough One Piece may be going for another few years I think, but who knows. And Naruto honestly I will be pissed if it doesnt end after War Arc, cause what else can Kishimoto possibly accomplish on it more? Long anime's should know when to stop. But meh again who knows these days.

Meh will see how it all flows.

Apr 4, 2012 2:36 PM
Mar 2011
Sazae san 6300 plus episodes and still the highest rated anime on TV
Maruko Chan 1002 epiosdes and still one of the top rated anime on TV
Nintama Rantaro has been running the same amout of years as Conan bot running 1 once a week to begin with hten from 2000- 04 run twice a week then back to once a week and its getting a live action movie
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 5, 2012 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
I hope they will end soon, so they give space to other good anime. Now don't get me wrong, you can watch whatever you want, but seeing an anime with 300 episodes which 250 of them are fillers makes me sad.

There are scrapped anime that didn't even finish properly.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 5, 2012 7:14 AM

Feb 2009
I was told One Piece was ending actually.

Everything HAS to end though. Total fanatic SG1 fan, but it was running out of steam.

I'd rather anime was predominantly 26 ep duration shows with a well defined story BEFORE they start airing it at all. Seems like too many shows write a few eps and THEN decide if it is worth finishing.

But shows that feature filler are only proving that some shows are only in it for the money and not a real story.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Apr 6, 2012 6:58 AM

Sep 2010
Lesley_Roberta said:
But shows that feature filler are only proving that some shows are only in it for the money and not a real story.

Shows that feature anything are only proving that all shows are only in it for the money and not a real story.

If you are going to use a generic saying like, 'everything has to ened' then 'the point of all Tv shows is to make money'

Apr 7, 2012 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
I feel I didn't explain my point clearly Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece are probably some of the biggest things in anime or manga. And considering that and how long they've been going I want them to have the best ending as possible. I want there animes to end with the manga and I want that ending to be conclusive and awesome.
Also I want to know what do you think has the potential to take there place if they ended?
Apr 7, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2009
Making an anime for the money isn't bad, whoring it out like Bleach is.
Apr 7, 2012 10:03 PM

Mar 2011
awesome-49 said:
I feel I didn't explain my point clearly Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece are probably some of the biggest things in anime or manga. And considering that and how long they've been going I want them to have the best ending as possible. I want there animes to end with the manga and I want that ending to be conclusive and awesome.
Also I want to know what do you think has the potential to take there place if they ended?

Medaka Box? (has 130 something chapters and counting with a new arc just made)
Or
Maybe even Hitman Reborn if it gets long enough. The story is really good and exciting so a second season could go on for a while. (this one is only a what if)
----------
For something to run for a long time in jump with a long anime it has to be a mainstream battle manga (bakuman is the only thing that broke this rule). Since naruto is close to getting out of the way maybe someone will take this chance and try to replace it and come
up with something not used already.
We have...
*Alchemist
*Wizards
*Ninjas
*Pirates
*Mafia
*Spirit Detectives/Detectives
Etc...
I'm wondering if someone can even make a new genre...
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Apr 7, 2012 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
Japan, GIVE US MOAR ANIMEZZZ!!!! DX
Apr 7, 2012 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
Gogetters said:
ohhey i assume the cash must not be flowing through your doors

besides, bleach is more bearable than naruto right now
Apr 7, 2012 10:20 PM

Jan 2009
They will all end soon !
Apr 7, 2012 10:40 PM

Oct 2009
Annoiato said:
Gogetters said:
ohhey i assume the cash must not be flowing through your doors

besides, bleach is more bearable than naruto right now
Why would it?

They're both crap.
Apr 8, 2012 4:19 AM

Sep 2009
Anime_Name said:
Lesley_Roberta said:

Shows that feature anything are only proving that all shows are only in it for the money and not a real story.

If you are going to use a generic saying like, 'everything has to ened' then 'the point of all Tv shows is to make money'

It's called a truism.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Apr 8, 2012 4:58 AM

Sep 2008
They will never end, and go on forever and ever until your great great great grandchildren are watching arcs that it becomes impossible to spend an entire human life span even if you dedicated ever second of ever day to catch up. We will then pass out knowledge of the series based on this fact though a genetic kind of data transference so that we will never miss an episode.
Apr 8, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2008
Explanations:

BLEACH - As everyone marked, in hiatus. Kubo knew that one more filler - Bleach is lost. So that, Bleach manga does the last lines before the ultimate end and then, after the manga will be finished - Bleach will back (Such as InuYasha or in the other hand, they can remake Bleach - Only not that! It will take a lot! ><).

NARUTO - Will be the same as Bleach - The fillers are tearing apart the anime and the popularity of Naruto.

ONE PIECE - Oda will never finish that. His head is full of ideas how to proceed the plot.

FAIRY TAIL - Coming on the account of Bleach and Naruto, and because everybody compare Fairy to One Piece, Fairy enjoyes from popularity and interesting characters...

By the way, I've noticed that you aren't talking on Detective Conan, which is longer than the above animes and still running. Can I ask why?

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Apr 9, 2012 3:23 AM
Apr 2012
I dropped bleach around Jabberjack(?) and I don't think I'll ever pick it up again, so no problems there :)

Naruto Im' in the middle with. It's good but it's lost the sparkle that captured me when i first started to watch it.

One Piece I can't wait to end but only because I can't wait to see it ^^. In saying that I still want another 500 eps at least.

Fairy Tail is awesome I like it much more than naruto and bleach. Its funny as hell, has good fight scenes and they dont last to little or too long.

I hope one piece and fairy tail stay around, it's good to have an anime to watch where a new episode comes out each week I find. (Otherwise it becomes a curse and I cant stop watching it haha)
Dat-scumApr 9, 2012 3:26 AM
Apr 9, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2009
I've watched Naruto in the beginning. It was ok.

I've watched Bleach in the beginning, it was ok.

Have not watched One Piece, so will not comment on it directly.

I think both of the above shows I HAVE watched jumped the shark a while ago. I can't explain why they were allowed to continue. But I can't explain why a lot of shows were allowed to continue.

Maybe some people simply get stuck in a rut. As much as I like some other well established great series, I think some of them came very close to over staying their welcome. In some cases they did.

Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
Sadly it seems some things ARE done in anime, all because no one was present to smack the creator in the head and tell them to cut the crap collectively for all of us viewers.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Apr 9, 2012 7:26 PM

Dec 2011
I only watch Naruto of the long running animes. After the war I don't think there will be any long arcs, and I do hope it ends shortly after. As for a replacement, I don't think I need any.
Apr 9, 2012 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
I really hope one piece doesn't end any time soon.

It's strange when people say a show is too long for them to watch, as the whole point of watching something is to be engrossed in the story.
Apr 9, 2012 8:54 PM

Aug 2011
ProdiGene said:
Why even bother? Most of those mainstream titles are nothing but over-rated pile of shit full of annoying and unnecessary fillers.

Which is why they make so much money, right? -_-

Just because you aren't part of the target audience intended for those shows, doesn't mean they are all shit. There's obviously enough people watching them to make them popular.
_mahoushoujos_Apr 9, 2012 8:59 PM
Apr 10, 2012 4:27 AM
Nov 2011
Adair said:
ProdiGene said:
Why even bother? Most of those mainstream titles are nothing but over-rated pile of shit full of annoying and unnecessary fillers.

Which is why they make so much money, right? -_-

Just because you aren't part of the target audience intended for those shows, doesn't mean they are all shit. There's obviously enough people watching them to make them popular.
"Target audience intended for those shows," you say? Haha, it's quite funny considering most of them take anime as nothing more than entertainment. Either way, that "target audience" is nothing but full of fools who have no sense of class... As someone^ already said, just because they are popular does not mean they are good. I don't think there's any more that needs to be said. Bye.
Apr 10, 2012 11:40 AM

Nov 2009
Yanoflies said:

LOLOLOLOL was about to say that. One Piece Banzaii!

But As for bleach it was totally lame that they ended it like that but it's better than producing useless annoying gut snappin' fillers since the anime caught up with the manga. I'm hoping to see a whole new season come back or 2 Long OVA's of the Last arc . :> :O

Naruto?, ugh ... UGHHHHH.. I'm somewhat annoyed with Naruto for the mean time. .___. LOL
Apr 11, 2012 12:22 AM

Dec 2011
'as all things must die and come to an end'

Apr 11, 2012 1:40 AM

Sep 2011
imo
i'll be happy if all those long running anime finally end. i attempt to watch them at times but it srzly pisses me off and i start thinking "you know what? it would be an amazing end if they just killed everyone off right now! but obviously they're gonna milk the anime as much as possible"
its like omg lets watch the many adventures of xxxxx. irrelevant nonsense, rinse repeat scenarios, predictable scenes, fillers, etc. omg he used "x" move and personA is gonna lose! NO WAIT!? OMG personA pulls out new move and counters last second! didnt this happen earlier?.....
omg he died!, wait a second..... he really didnt and he got resurrected because he'll never die! HOHOHOHOHAAHAhahA >=[
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Apr 11, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
One Piece is definitely going to be on for quite a while longer.
Apr 14, 2012 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
Long running anime can be depressing :)
I was a teen (around 15 I think) when started watching One Piece. Now I'm 25 and assuming it will last ten more years, by then I'll be 35. So when the anime ends, I'll leave half of my life with it. In the future I wish I'll able to say 'It was worth it.'
Apr 14, 2012 11:05 AM
Apr 2012
Someone should give me a reason why I should watch Fairy Tale. I never really.. got into it and I thought it was just a copy of Naruto and such but I also stopped watching naruto. I felt the show was just dragging and dragging and I had no interest for it.

As for Bleach, I never really liked it. One Piece was probably the first anime I watched but I stopped watching it as I got older I suppose.

I kind of want to TRY fairy tail out but I don't know If I should.
Apr 14, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
ProdiGene said:

Watch out, folks, got a real anime badass here!

Apr 14, 2012 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
Hias said:
ProdiGene said:

These special snowflakes are all over the place.
Apr 14, 2012 11:10 PM

Apr 2012
I used to watch Bleach and Naruto consistently about half way through each. However, when you read the manga and then watch the anime you just get disappointed over and over again as they just give you filler after filler.

I am happy to see they made the decision about Bleach. I hope they bring it back when they can complete it. Inuyasha did this and I think the Final Act was a great finish to the series.

Let's be honest, when an anime has been out as long as these ones, most of us read the manga and really want the anime to follow that line. I personally watch the anime because of the scenes in the manga that I think will look awesome animated. However I don't want to have to weed through 30 episodes of fillers to see that scene.

I won't forget the time Ichigo saved Rukia, his fight with Kenpachi, the first time he used his Bankai, and when Nel appeared in her full form. Those were epic. But I won't miss the countless arcs that added nothing. I just hope the manga ends in amazing fashion and then they bring back the anime for me to see those amazing scenes without interruption.
Apr 15, 2012 12:48 AM

Jan 2012
Ramzie said:
Hias said:
ProdiGene said:

These special snowflakes are all over the place.

That made me laugh hard. "Special snowflakes" XD

I agree with AnimeName. People hating on shows for "being in it for the money" is idiotic. That's what ALL of it's about. Sure, the mangaka probably care about the story to some extent, but in the end, they're just doing their jobs.
Apr 15, 2012 1:16 AM

Jun 2008
EnvitChan said:

By the way, I've noticed that you aren't talking on Detective Conan, which is longer than the above animes and still running. Can I ask why?

i wouldn't put detective conan in the same genre as the other three that are being discussed right now and i would assume thats part of the reason its not really being mentioned here.

anyways i for one am glad they put a stop to bleach(at least for now) never been much of a fan of naruto so i never really watched this besides a couple episodes.

i find the fairy tale manga to be very entertaining and it translates over to the anime series i wouldn't mind if it continued for awhile longer.
Apr 15, 2012 3:06 AM
Nov 2010
Bleach-probably coming back after it gets far enough in the manga
Naruto-I'm not sure if there can be much of a story after the war arc
One Piece-it's gonna end when Oda wants it to, and that's when Luffy becomes the pirate king

As for what can replace it, it can be Fairy Tail(although it has caught up with the manga and is going into fillers now), Hunter x Hunter(the manga is popular and it'll take a while until the anime reaches it) or some new one...

I read somewhere that "if it's popular, it doesn't mean it's good", just because you say it's bad, it doesn't mean it's bad... It's just you(and the other...special snowflakes[:D]) saying so)...
Apr 15, 2012 8:08 AM

Dec 2011
Bleach will probably be back when the manga is finished. I don't watch Naruto so I no comment on that. One Piece is half finished, Fairly tail could end any time since it doesn't have a actual story but I don't think it will end any time soon. There is also Gintama that ended, and even thought they made a continued it once I don't think it will come again. The last one is Detective Conan which has 650+ episodes and it isn't nowhere near the ending.
Apr 16, 2012 7:06 PM
Feb 2011
The proper question at least relating to those 3 anime is.... What should have happened?
Apr 16, 2012 7:30 PM

Jul 2007
Legendre said:
I just don't like anime where I can't see the end. It's frustrating. You watch the end of an arc and think that the anime should end there, and they come back with another one a week later. The only one I keep up with is Naruto and even though I like it, I also wish it would end.

If an anime was episodic it would be fine by me if it continued for as long as it had support, but with anime like Naruto and Bleach that have set story arcs, I don't enjoy the never ending aspect at all, especially when I have to deal with shitty filler episodes.

Also I have absolutely no idea what will replace these 3, although most people would suggest Fairy Tale. I haven't seen it yet myself though.

Yeah but for god sakes ksihimoto is so much of a better writer then kubo is, from what i have seen of bleach, it does follow that never ending cycle with absoutly no deep sense of story telling or character dev. Naruto on the other hand has far more character developing and reasoning behind the plot.

Then of course their is ODA< a fcking genius, seriously in developing characters.

Naruto is NOT going to end after the war arc, their is just to many mysteries and story threads that need to be tied in and kishi already announced that the war arc is at its climax and naruto is not even close to being a hokage yet. So i really don't know will happen, it might be a case of a time skip possibly with one more arc that helps close up all the rest of the plot threads and naruto finally becoming hokage as an adult, but im just speculating.

In any case i actually do not want it to end to soon, because i don't want kishi to rush his story. That would just be total fail.

One piece is probably one of the best series ive ever seen when it comes to writing background stories and characters, i mean that guy really knows his shit. If he actually wrote naruto, it would probably turn out 10 times better lol.

One peice does have its faults for me though, i dont like how the central story is so slow and not as progressive as naruto is. It kind of makes it hard to want to rewatch the series in that fashion. Its kind of a series you enjoy one time and thats it. Where as naruto as i can watch over and over again because of the more overarching plot.

But i like them both for those two different reasons.

Apr 17, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
well naruto is still awesome same w/one piece.its just dat bleach is falling off.....WAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!. and it seems like all of them needed a time skip 4 some stupid reason i think bleach should've ended after he beat aizen.and one piece im still fine w/ i guess.
BLACKLEGSANJI
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

17 by mizukasa »»
31 seconds ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 3 minutes ago

0 by MillerEvans23 »»
3 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

55 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

66 by KayKimii »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by Toooooooooohru »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.