Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2012 1:03 AM
Jun 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I read this chapter and it was wonderful. It turned out that Mai fell in love with Gene. Is it really Gene that was in Mai'S dream?! Lol, i just couldn't believe that all this time Naru wasn't the one she fell for although Naru was always beside her 'physically'. Lol! Or did she also love Naru? Or did Naru love Mai? Ggggrrrr...
Mai x Naru fan

Mar 23, 2012 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
it was GENE all along ..
but its pretty obvious that naru has some special feelings for MAI even in the anime u can tell somehow..
i thought naru just love wearing black clothes but it was actually his mourning clothes for his twin brother ..

yay kyodai-ai is definitely my stuff lol
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
May 20, 2012 2:09 AM
Aug 2010
Seems like there are a lot of manga ended this year.. This is one of my favourite manga.. Just kind of sad mai fell in love with the dead person.. =.=
Nov 14, 2012 6:49 AM
Jul 2011
Yeah, the part about whether she loved Gene or Naru really frusterated me... Because I'm like a hard Naru x Mai shipper so I'm like... but wait... D': But it was a reallyyyyy good chapter and series, made me cry when it ended!
Sep 5, 2013 4:59 PM

Jun 2011
I teared when Naru said, "Me... or Gene?"
Then I was thinking "Who was it really, Mai!?"
I mean, she may have liked Gene's gentle personality but it's because Naru was cold blooded that she liked this unexpected side of who she thought was Naru!
T__T
Sorry... still trying to debate to myself between Naru and Gene...
But overall, I really enjoyed Ghost Hunt and I'm so glad I read it! Though it'll take me awhile to get over my feelings, haha -0-
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
May 20, 2014 1:31 PM
Nov 2011
NAWWWWWWW TTnTT GENE!!!!!

I want to cry!! but i can't seem to bring the tears out!!!! GEEEEEENEEEEEEE

Naru is actually really sweet.... he loved his brother!! why does Gene have to die?!?! Why does Gene have to leave?!? can't he at least let Mai talk to him for the last time, so that she could tell him her feelings??

Why is it so sad?? NOOOOOO!!!! TTnTT GEEEEEENEEEEE!!!!
May 28, 2014 12:22 AM

Apr 2014
aKn1_g20 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I read this chapter and it was wonderful. It turned out that Mai fell in love with Gene. Is it really Gene that was in Mai'S dream?! Lol, i just couldn't believe that all this time Naru wasn't the one she fell for although Naru was always beside her 'physically'. Lol! Or did she also love Naru? Or did Naru love Mai? Ggggrrrr...
Mai x Naru fan

according to wikia (http://ghost-hunt.wikia.com/wiki/Kazuya_Shibuya_%28Naru%29#Trivia):
"According to the author of the series, she considered “Naru” and Mai to be canon and expected them to be together as a couple eventually. However, she did not want to write that kind of story as it held no interest to her as a writer, and she did not intend to write a romance series. "
so yeah, it's pretty much canon but we can only imagine how it turns out that way...
Aug 1, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
So it ended.. bahhh if only she would chose Naru it would be better.
The moment Naru said, "Me..? or Gene ?" In my mind was thinking my god girl what were you thinking !?
Naru is the first one she met.. just because he has that personality. Sigh...
This makes me feel like she is jumping from one boat to another just because Gene was kind and nice to her.
I don't like how things turn out.. otherwise it was a great.
I'll just continue with the presumption that Mai like Naru.. though I would be lying to myself. XD
Oct 27, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
A beautiful ending. Though it was sad, it was perfect.
Feb 11, 2015 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
The ending volume uncovers this manga's shoujo nature. Honestly it's not bad, though the ending arc is quite weak in its mystery aspect.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jul 20, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
I think she loves both of them. It might be Gene's kindness that made her fall, but all this time she thought of him as Naru and also harbored feelings for him. Even if she realize they are different people, it must not be easy to erase feelings for one of them easily.
Oct 16, 2016 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
The ending just blowed away the whole thing until now.. perfect ending
Jan 1, 2017 4:40 AM

Oct 2016
Such a shame the anime didn't cover this last arc
Jan 16, 2017 12:27 AM
Dec 2016
This ending got to me-not so much but it was genuinely sweet. I'm at peace knowing the author made Naru and Mai canon even stating that they will get married. I'm glad ^.^
Oct 1, 2019 1:56 AM
Oct 2019
Am I the only one who believes that Mai actually loves Naru, and not Gene? I say this because Mai originally fell in love with the illusion of Naru, being Gene smiling. Also, there’s been many instances where the real Naru has smiled as well, and still managed to captivate Mai. He didn’t even need to make Mai blush or have her heart start racing by simply smiling, she’d blush when he’d compliment her, or just by being in the same room as her, and other small things as well. Also, later in the series, we can see that mai warms up to Naru’s character, and accepts him for who he is, and still loves him anyways, despite being the “bad guy or bad personality” he claims to be. It can be seen that Naru, does in fact have an attraction towards Mai in the series, these two clearly have chemistry. I believe Naru put mai in that situation, being the “me or gene?” situation, to confuse her, or second guess whether who she really liked, because of his pride, or from what he said in the manga, “he feels bad when others care for him,” like he wouldn’t be able forgive himself if he’d do something to hurt mai, or if something bad had happened to Mai under his watch, due to her caring so much for him. Also, it could have been because he was returning back home to England, and didn’t want to lead Mai on, or didn’t want her to have lingering feelings while he was away, because that would clearly upset her. Since, not knowing if Naru would ever return back to Japan. These are just my thoughts, I love this pairing. But the author clearly stated that they are canon, so it’s up to our imaginations to see how they would have ended together in the end. My guess would be that after seeing the last chapter of the GH manga, we can see that Bou-San clearly has an attraction towards Mai, which Naru then begins to notice, and feels threatened that Mai may eventually feel the same for Bou-San, thus leading Naru to confess his true feelings for Mai, and puts her in the same situation once more being “me, or bou-san?” this time..Which then makes Mai realize that she’s loved Naru all along, and that it’s always been him who she’s been in love with this entire time.
Mar 28, 2021 2:05 PM
Mar 2021
please 🙏🙏
where can i find all chapters
Mar 28, 2021 2:05 PM
Mar 2021
please 🙏🙏
where can i find all chapters
Mar 12, 2022 3:58 PM

Apr 2020
I like spooky and horror movies, so reading this was really good. I’m glad he found out what happened to his brother.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Oct 24, 2023 12:47 AM
Jul 2021
I really liked the ending, wished the anime could've adapted the final case as well. Hopefully more people discover this series 🫠
Oct 27, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2021
What a great ending to this series, almost everything was wrapped up perfectly, with one thing being left open-ended (the identity of Gene's killer and whether she will ever be caught) I really did expect Mai and Naru to kiss, but as the chapter went on I figured it was not going to happen, which I'm fine with, Naru, or Oliver rather, wouldn't want that anyway. What a great cast of characters, full of thrilling cases with no low points to speak of, although the last couple panels I kind of don't get, I assume it means Mai still loves Naru, but realizes she can never be with him and that's why she won't cry anymore

More topics from this board

» Dubbed version??

Matcha_0taku - Aug 5, 2023

3 by Jazziecrimson »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:28 PM

» At what chapter anime ends?

DesolatePsyche - Jan 1, 2011

5 by Yohan_Liebert »»
Apr 25, 2021 4:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Chapter 48 Discussion

VARIAchan - Apr 20, 2010

1 by akagi-sama »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:59 PM

» Ghost Hunt Manga Reprint!

LisaMona - Jun 18, 2015

3 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 24, 2020 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Chapter 24 Discussion

VARIAchan - Apr 19, 2010

1 by SmillieReacts »»
Mar 25, 2018 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.