Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2012 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Tsukihi-chan gets stripped in a matter of second and tries to figure what is going on... o_o

Shinobu's portrayed as an adorable donut lover in this episode. XD

The episode ends with some exciting actions and as Koyomi finds out the shocking truth that Tsukihi is a fake, a.k.a. not his real sister, but rather a phoenix "monster" that can regenerate itself.

Mar 10, 2012 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
I liked the episode, reaffirmed the thematic argument of justice. Hopefully they'll conclude it well with one episode left. I don't see the resemblance though.

note: it's a joke
mdzMar 10, 2012 4:12 PM
Mar 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
Koyomi loves his wincest

I was thinking Tsukihi was halved in a single finger but it turns out she's a fake and a phoenix class monster that self heals. Koyomi got pwned pretty badly as well.

Shinobu was just so adorable being obsessed with doughnuts.

Mar 10, 2012 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
I was sort of half-hoping Koyomi would wind up kicking their asses. Seriously was like "SHIT" when Tsukihi was blown in half.

Still sort of waiting for Koyomi to be powerful, don't know why. Episode was a 10/10 for me.
Mar 10, 2012 10:04 AM

Jun 2011
Need more Shinobu XD, shes just too damn cute throughout
Mar 10, 2012 10:17 AM
Oct 2010
awesome ep. shinobu too cute.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 10, 2012 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Shinobu and Tsukihi are adorable.
Mar 10, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Oh my effing god. I didn't expect Ononoki to attack Tsukihi and...blow half of her body to bits!
Totally caught me off guard! ARGH! NEXT EPISODE IS THE LAST EPISODE. FFFF!!

Mar 10, 2012 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
Even thou, i have a idea of what was going to happen and even what is going to happen next episode, It was still visually stunning to see Yotsugi's ability.

Certain amount of stereo typing would suggest "American cops would like this episode." :D

Is it just me or does Shinobu look adorable when chomping on donuts.

the episode was great with a good mix of plot and koyomi being what he is normally a perv.

5/5
RajjaxMar 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Mar 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
Shinobu was epic as ever :]
Kaiki moment was downright hilarious too hahaha and that strip scene lol....
Man... but i really miss Oshino more than ever now
Can't wait for next episode :DDD 5/5
Mar 10, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 2010
i think we are about to get troll again with online release after 11 ep are over T_T... since the other option is for them to wrap this whole thing in 1 ep which might end up been extremely disappointing.
huh?
Mar 10, 2012 11:07 AM
Mar 2009
Hoppy said:
Koyomi loves his wincest

I was thinking Tsukihi was halved in a single finger but it turns out she's a fake and a phoenix class monster that self heals. Koyomi got pwned pretty badly as well.

Shinobu was just so adorable being obsessed with doughnuts.

Yeah, that almost-incest did set up the revelation at the end though... foreshadowed it a bit, so I wasn't surprised when they came to their house and aimed directly for Tsukihi.

Was Shinobu really bluffing, though? Perhaps she can drain only the immortal bird (Phoenix) from Tsukihi, and thus both regain her strength and save Koyomi's sister from being assassinated by the legendary "immortal killer pair".

This was lots of fun, I enjoyed the episode.

Part of me wants to believe it was for teh art and fun, and not the random breast groping, but I'm alwasy watching Seikon no Qwaser so it is possible I'm just a perv....
Mar 10, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode but that ending

I wonder if onmyouji are physically superior due to their knowledge; because i recall from Kizumonogatari (both the flashbacks we saw, and the novel itself) that Oshino was physically strong as well; Araragi isn't a real vampire anymore but she stopped like nothing and was implied to be strong their her shikigami; so it means she is not a normal human either?

In any case great episode; nice twist at the end, nice effect all together; makes me curious how one kills an immortal, She being blown in half i guess doesn't do the trick...
Mar 10, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,shit got real!

Araragi striping Tsukihi was hilarious he really is one step to wincest...even that i dont mind that much to see more cute Tsukihi.

Shinobu was extremely cute with her donuts,she really like them and was sooo moe.

Kaiki eating donuts was so funny and the the conversation with him was great as well he really is a great Anti hero.

The last minutes were intense,so Tsukihi was never his sister but rather a phoenix,and the immortal slayer combo are after her,Araragi going bersek by thinking Tsukihi was dead was great...then he got own bad by Yodzuru,Shinobu save them for now by bluffing but they be back.

It seems the "last" episode its going to be intense even that i think there are going to be more episodes because it will be way to rushed to end it next episode....i hope they do that.
Mar 10, 2012 11:30 AM
Mar 2012
Took ten episodes for things to actually get serious which I'm not particularly mad about (dat plot twist). Rather, I'm more worried about how the ending to this will wrap up. Nonetheless, still looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 10, 2012 11:42 AM
Mar 2011
awesome episode, but it does seem kind of rushed. the dialogues are great, but shorter and more to the point, there were no wasted scenes and lines than the previous episodes.

anyway, they implied that araragi and shinobu are less of a vampire now, so do they (or their powers) get weaker everyday?

also, are we not going to see senjougahara anymore? :(
and shes not going to be in the movie either (?)

im no worried about epi11, im sure they'll wrap this up good or maybe leave a cliffhanger hinting for another season

oh yea, i love that tsukihi op
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 10, 2012 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice. About time we got an episode were the fanservice took a backseat to the story and boy did we get some real action. We're so used to seeing Araragi kicking *ss that we forget that there's creatures out there that are much stronger and powerful than he is. I don't know if they'll be able to wrap things up next episode but I hope they do.

I missed Senjougahara though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2012 11:50 AM

Apr 2011
AH! IT WAS SO AWESOME! I LOVED IT! I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn you last episode! Why must you be the last one!? 11 episodes is to short for such an awesome series!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 10, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 2010
amginex said:
anyway, they implied that araragi and shinobu are less of a vampire now, so do they (or their powers) get weaker everyday?

also, are we not going to see senjougahara anymore? :(
and shes not going to be in the movie either (?)

im no worried about epi11, im sure they'll wrap this up good or maybe leave a cliffhanger hinting for another season

In order to "cure" Araragi and through the series of events of Kizumonogatari, both them are "less" of a vampire than what they once were and hence why Shinobu is living in his shadow instead of her own "body". I'm fairly sure it ain't getting weaker everyday, but it just ain't getting stronger; i think in Bakemonogatari they mentioned 10% when they were preparing to fight Kanbaru, so thats prolly what they are out of what they used to be.

Kizumonogatari is a prequel to Bakemonogatari so no Senjougahara, but more Hanekawa, Oshino, and way more Shinobu.

There are many many more novels, so there will definitely be more seasons; i believe they even confirmed it. This is just a guess but i think the next novel animated after Kizumonogatari will be Nekomonogatari which is Hanekawa's story, since each novel (Nisemonogatari=Fire Sisters) focuses on a particular character for the most part.
Mar 10, 2012 11:52 AM
Sep 2011
Well, Tsukihi seems quite self-aware about her being an impostor after all though probably not in the same way like our new antagonists think of her.

If she is truly not Koyomi's real sister and merely a disorted image which the phoenix spirit projected on her than you could say she is a fake as well just like Ononoki can be considered one since she isn't human and only "poses" as the person we get to see. Indeed, that would explain the strange hair coulor of hers that rather felt out of place in this series.

Nice insight into the Fire Sisters' love life we got here, I might add. Both of them are currently in a relationship with Rosokuzawa and Mizudori respectively though Karen's relationship with the latter one seems to be crumbling a bit. Maybe a certain toothbrushing incident contributed to it, who knows.

On another note, I wonder how long the onmyouji and her shikigami waited in front of the Araragi mansion before Koyomi arrived considering time really doesn't concern them and how they plan to deal with Tsukihi as she is basically immortal which arouses the question why they bothered to take her apart to begin with if such measures don't suffice...

Next time we should be seeing Koyomi bringing Kagenui down to earth, maybe even literally, as it is unfortunately the last episode of this anime. Koyomi's rage after seeing his sister getting exterminated is a good start.

Shinobu probably won't be of help, Koyomi noted himself that she was only bluffing when threatening the perilous pair which saw threw it immediately and only backed off out of respect for the ancient creature that is Shinobu.
EudaimoniaMar 11, 2012 3:13 AM
Mar 10, 2012 11:59 AM

Mar 2011
A fake sister....
Mar 10, 2012 12:00 PM
Apr 2010
LOL shit got real.
Mar 10, 2012 12:01 PM

Sep 2009
10/10 .... (I am speechless after the end to that episode)
Mar 10, 2012 12:07 PM
Jan 2011
What, Tsukihi is not really Araragi's sister?
Mar 10, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Shinobu is adorable.
And incest is as neat as ever.

Next episode is the last... wonder whats going to happen with Tsukihi.
Mar 10, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2009
Nasty001 said:
What, Tsukihi is not really Araragi's sister?

That's right, she is an immortal monster, a Phoenix
Mar 10, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 2011
FINALY we get to the Tsukihi part, after so many episodes.
Also you gotta love Shinobu's love for donuts
Mar 10, 2012 12:29 PM
Feb 2012
Yeah, shit got real, FINALLY. 5/5
Mar 10, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2010
That's stupid. Why do they have to kill her? Can't they just get rid of it like Oshino use to do? I already don't like these people.

Mar 10, 2012 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Most eventful episode of the season for sure.
Mar 10, 2012 12:45 PM
Dec 2008
it sucks there is only 1 episode left :(

Anyway, great episode again. Soemthing actually happened too :D
Mar 10, 2012 12:46 PM

Apr 2010
Araragi needs to learn some self restrained i mean taking of the clothes of your little sister forcefully is going a bit to far.
Tsukihi seemed angry but she isn't the type to go into a rage she did tell Araragi to go away.

The thing i am wondering about the most is the part where Tsukihi is claimed not to be Araragi's little sister but a monster.
If she isn't his little sister then where is his real little sister and what do they mean by monster.
Mar 10, 2012 12:46 PM
Oct 2010
ok so then if they arent really siblings.. THEN ITS NOT INCEST?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 10, 2012 12:57 PM
Sep 2011
13man18 said:
That's stupid. Why do they have to kill her? Can't they just get rid of it like Oshino use to do? I already don't like these people.

Well, Oshino wasn't that nice either. He did suggest Kanbaru to cut off her arm after all after examining her case. Also, Kagenui is acting under the assumption that Tsukihi undermined the human family with malicious intents. She isn't describing herself and her familiar as the "good guys" without reason. Who knows, maybe Tsukihi is that dangerous, we will have to wait and find out next episode.
Mar 10, 2012 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
oh boy that was unexpected shit got real!
Mar 10, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Shinobu and her obsession of donuts are too cute. Pretty insane towards the end, especially when seeing Tsukihi getting blown in half.
Mar 10, 2012 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
Well I am damn happy Tsukihi got loads of screen time. However with Araragi’s face in the following,

Along with what he did to Tsukihi in the spoiler
with a lame reasoning of all things to touch her breast because he felt like it? Now I really felt like FALCON PUNCHING him there. WTF is that attitude. I question him more and more of his personal messed up social life.

Araragi on top of that knows that Karen and Tsukihi has boyfriends. Well there sure spoon brain induce the Araragi is a Pedo/Incest Brother/Does not give a fuck how many girls he has as long as he can have sex/therefore not faithful. Wow despite all the flaws of Araragi, there is still good in him….so I find that really let’s say fucked up about him about already being screwed over with dealing half vampire shit in him and half human instinct intermingled in his body.

And no I don’t take what he did Tsukihi by touching her breast. There was nothing funny in it it was sexual more than anything. May edit later.

BTW GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=412487
There are some signatures of Araragi when she goes crazy.
Yumekichi11Mar 10, 2012 5:39 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 10, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
That was a great episode, totally did not expect Tsukihi to be a fake! I'm glad there was finally story for once, not just pointless fanservice. I also really like Yozuru, she looks insanely cool. And those heels are killer.
Mar 10, 2012 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
I was expecting this episode to end up similarly to Karen's a few episodes back with her toothbrush. But I was not expecting how things turned out.

This is turning out to be the best arc yet.
Mar 10, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2008
dat bgm when Araragi went crazy.
He is such a badass, pushing down and stripping his sister.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
So Araragi became a fully fledged siscon ,Shinobu was uber kawai in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 2:42 PM

Jan 2011
Best episode of the season!

Also, Tsukihi is still technically Koyomi's imouto. The Phoenix just blended in with Tsukihi in their mother's womb while she was still an embryo. That is why Tsukihi feels an empty void in herself, she is trying to blend in with the Araragi family and goes along with her surroundings. It's actually a harmless kaii, if not one of the best kaiis to be since you are literally immortal. That's why her scars fade slowly but always eventually, to remain undetected. The healing powers are far above a full vampires, her body was instantly restored in high stress situations (Yotsugi's Unlimited Book). She can only die of old age so the Pheonix just find a new host when Tsukihi dies. It is not necessarily evil, but those 2 trying to kill her are seeing conning and deceiving people as evil.
Mar 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Oct 2010
You guys something is not computing in me to understand in this episode.

If Tsukihi is possessed How The Fuck is she a supernatural creature when to be possessed you must be first a human being. That would mean Tsukihi is not a fake person but real just possessed by the Phoenix. That being said it makes no sense in calling her a supernatural creature less someone fuck up the subs.

Either Tsukihi is a human that is possessed or she is Phoenix under human appearance. So which one is it?

Mar 10, 2012 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

If Tsukihi is possessed How The Fuck is she a supernatural creature when to be possessed you must be first a human being. That would mean Tsukihi is not a fake person but real just possessed by the Phoenix. That being said it makes no sense in calling her a supernatural creature less someone fuck up the subs.

Either Tsukihi is a human that is possessed or she is Phoenix under human appearance. So which one is it?

A theory, but its possible she got possessed before she was born, it would explain a few things. So to answer your question "technically" a human possessed, but at the same time i highly doubt that its removable meaning she is stuck with condition. If she was mixed in with the phoenix while still in the womb, it would also explain why she still looks like Araragi and such because she "is" his sister, just mixed in with a phoenix making her immortal.
Mar 10, 2012 2:51 PM
Feb 2012
OMG what the hell is happening, I don't even... :D
Berserk Unit 01 Koyomi was awesome!!!
Mar 10, 2012 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

She is the reincarnation of and became possessed by the phoenix in the womb, ergo she was human before the possession. She's still essentially his sister, just not entirely human.
Mar 10, 2012 2:58 PM

Dec 2010
Anyone else wonder what Kaiki's business is... seriously that guy reeks of ominous intention; who wants to bet that his business is Tsukihi, and he is the reason they even showed up in the first place; coincidence and him don't mix.
Mar 10, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

From the above post, Tsukihi exists with a pseudo beneficial "parasite" in her. It does not posses her, but instead coexists with Tsukihi. This phoenix needs a human "host" to exist and live, and it does so by reincarnating into the wombs of mothers. Therefore when the child is born, it is actually the child+ a phoenix spirit. The phoenix spirit does not really affect the way the child thinks, however it blends in with its surroundings to remain undetected (that is why she goes along with Karen's justice views and form the "Fire Sisters Duo"). Their regenerative powers are top tier, anything damage done will always heal. However, even though all damage can be healed instantly, the phoenix chooses to heal at a "normal" rate in order to not raise suspicion. It's top priority is to remain undetected and just exist until the human host dies a natural death due to old age (and then it reincarnates and starts the cycle again). When Tsukihi's body was blown in half, the full powers automatically activated and she was completely healed (she was back before she hit the ground, it is implied with the flash takes when she was falling down). That's why technically, Tsukihi IS a real human with a Phoenix Kaii inside of her. Kasengui consider her a "fake" because she is actually deceiving people into thinking she's a real human, when in reality she is a half-goddess aberration.
whoahyuuMar 10, 2012 3:09 PM
Mar 10, 2012 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Yumekichi11 said:

A theory, but its possible she got possessed before she was born, it would explain a few things. So to answer your question "technically" a human possessed,
It's true that would be the only explanation for her. I did not think of that option. Pardon my ignorance then. I was a little lost in rage for the stupid Araragi breast fondling of her sister.
InfiniteDestiny said:
but at the same time i highly doubt that its removable meaning she is stuck with condition.
In my knowledge if you separate that ting, it's technically possible but ti depends how much it's fused within her. If it's at the spiritual level then it's like tearing out a limb or body body essentially making to bleed to death. Which would mean the spirit would leave the body and would need to recover while the Phoenix would be bale to be destroyed as a separate entity,.

If however it's not fused but using the body as a host then even if at the womb level. Ejecting the shit and exorcising can be possible.
InfiniteDestiny said:
If she was mixed in with the phoenix while still in the womb, it would also explain why she still looks like Araragi and such because she "is" his sister, just mixed in with a phoenix making her immortal.
T Hat is still a fucking TWIST! It can only be expressed as
O_O

whoahyuu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

From the above post, Tsukihi exists with a pseudo beneficial "parasite" in her. It does not posses her, but instead coexists with Tsukihi.
That's what I though. A spiritual one that has no choice to coexist with a host giving them benefits as long it suits it.
whoahyuu said:
This phoenix needs a human "host" to exist and live, and it does so by reincarnating into the wombs of mothers. Therefore when the child is born, it is actually the child+ a phoenix spirit.
Yeah I hate that cause it forced intrusion into a body that already has a soul of its own or one that was already in it.
whoahyuu said:
The phoenix spirit does not really affect the way the child thinks, however it blends in with its surroundings to remain undetected (that is why she goes along with Karen's justice views and form the "Fire Sisters Duo"). Their regenerative powers are top tier, anything damage done will always heal. However, even though all damage can be healed instantly, the phoenix chooses to heal at a "normal" rate in order to not raise suspicion.
I see that does make sense and also more so when their are damaged it's just that I assume Karen got screwed over by Kaiki because she was not with Tsukihi else healing may have been done and Karen would never have gotten sick.
whoahyuu said:
It's top priority is to remain undetected and just exist until the human host dies a natural death due to old age (and then it reincarnates and starts the cycle again). When Tsukihi's body was blown in half, the full powers automatically activated and she was completely healed (she was back before she hit the ground,
I see so her upper half was blown. Oh boy all the stuff in the spoiler
I had only one feeling,

pretty much. If the Phoenix was not there it would GORE splatter out.
whoahyuu said:
it is implied with the flash takes when she was falling down). That's why technically, Tsukihi IS a real human with a Phoenix Kaii inside of her. Kasengui consider her a "fake" because she is actually deceiving people into thinking she's a real human, when in reality she is a half-goddess aberration.
FUCK THAT! She ain't a aberration but the shit that is inside her and making her the way she is. This is a big problem to exorcise cause too much and you kill Tsukihi and too little will never be affective.

They should just leave her alone! Time to kick ass some Onmyojis. For anyone that wonder of their specialty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmyouji
can give you some basic info.

Mar 10, 2012 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
dat bgm when Araragi went crazy.
He is such a badass, pushing down and stripping his sister.

Lol exactly my thoughts he's such a boss.

Anyways another awesome episode that went by in a flash.
Poor Tsukihi and Araragi.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.