3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 5.0
2 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2012 12:38 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was quite good for a closure. The battle was full of intensity and for once i was actually happy that Ryuuji actually finished the battle with his own skill, instead of relying on his sister's help. That double boomerang at the end was excellent, i didn't see that coming.

Apparently that was only the first half of the episode, the 2nd half of the episode was quite the turn of events, the big boys that have been merely just observing the Jr. tournament, finally get to say a few words, then black shaft makes an unexpected visit into the ring, challenging the 4 winners and belittling them by calling them all babies lol. He must really be confident in his abilities. All of these new characters im assuming are finally going to have an active role in the next season.

Well i look forward to seeing where the 2nd season is going to take this. I am assuming it won't just start off with another tournament, but rather probably more training since its going to be a month before the next championship begins.

Jan 21, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2011
I also enjoyed seeing the beast inside Ryuuji finally come alive. Otherwise that's my main objection to this series: Ryuuji was too nice for a boxer, like a cute (very cute to be honest) pet, tamed by his sister, whom he never ceased to answer politely even while in the ring! It's not believable that such a nice guy would have such success, but I guess that's what the readers are supposed to believe when they identify with him.
Nov 2, 2016 1:13 AM

Dec 2015
Very good second part for the final. I liked that the victory was shared between Ryûji (who proved himself), his sister (who plays a prominent role even as this coach) and Ishimatsu (loved his reception!). Having both opponents growing up a bit through the match worked well.
The second half presented the future goals in a big show (look at those entries) and gave a reason for all the observers we saw until now. Except the mysterious woman with an afro and her sidekick.

5/5

Simple yet effective, entertaining and engaging tournament story despite the lack of a proper calmer introduction. The music was good at its job but repetitive sometimes.
Other +: the enhanced chara-design of Araki didn't made the characters appear older than they are.

Score: 6.5+/10

@Sakuta002766 Do like I did: you put a 6,5/10 and round up or down according to "Did I like it or did I watch it with no enthusiasm?"
Rei_IIIMar 14, 2021 11:54 AM
Mar 18, 2018 5:45 PM

Nov 2016
The show may have had many technical issues,but aside from that it was addictive,easy to digest and a very fun watch overall.

As much as I would like to give a 7, I think a 6 is more appropriate.

Hyped for the Japan vs US match and the world championchip.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2015
And so it ends, I might watch season 2 someday but for now, this was some good mindless fun.
Mar 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
It was interesting to watch, the last fight was soo good.
I can't decide the score, should i give it 6 or 7

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1 Episode 6 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Feb 14, 2012

2 by Sakuragi79 »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1 Episode 1 Discussion

Ilyaoh - Dec 3, 2008

8 by Daviljoe193 »»
May 12, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1 Episode 11 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Feb 15, 2012

4 by Ralf_Glow »»
Dec 15, 2019 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1 Episode 9 Discussion

6 by Ralf_Glow »»
Dec 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1 Episode 8 Discussion

4 by Ralf_Glow »»
Dec 15, 2019 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.