Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty charming, I thought. I'd glad it wasn't so sentimental as the first one and cartoon slapstick and variations on a simple situation (stop granddad from realizing the bride isn't in the house) was more interesting than musical numbers.

I especially liked the brief sequence with the donkey and the mirror.
Aug 14, 2013 3:44 PM

Nov 2010
That was very unique and interesting. The art looked pretty good and the character designs were cool and cute yet creepy at the same time. The story was ok, the music was fine, the funniest part was them tricking the grandfather. But I don't know why he was fine with the marriage at the end, that didn't seem so clear to me.
Feb 16, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
The animation was pretty nice considering how old is this.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 2, 2016 3:24 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Maybe the message was from weeks ago?

o_o So do people think The Cat Returns is creepy? Since cats wear clothes in that anime + act like humans.

How come the older siblings look old while Mike and Tora look like they haven't aged?
Apr 15, 2018 11:49 PM
Apr 2017
abystoma2 said:
The animation was pretty nice considering how old is this.

Truee, well what do you expect from an anime over 70 yrs old eh? I like how the cat was(even though it's creepy)
May 7, 2021 2:41 PM
Oct 2020
awe it is so nice to see the two finally getting along
Oct 26, 2021 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.