Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2012 9:48 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Robin doesn't mess around

and fart jokes are always appropriate! What are you talking about Shirahoshi!

Next week the underwater fight between Zoro and Hody

Preview: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/onepiece/onepiece_20120220a&type=flv
Feb 11, 2012 10:31 PM

Jun 2011
i love robin. cant wait for nxt week ;D
Feb 11, 2012 10:38 PM

Feb 2008
they didn't show the giant legs though....i guess that's for the main fight.
Feb 11, 2012 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
alright ep had some decent filler and next week zorro vs hordy.
Feb 12, 2012 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
zoro vs Hordy..can't wait
Feb 12, 2012 1:13 AM

Oct 2009
^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2012 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
Robin was cool. Cheap animation when they fought the pirates, hopefully all the money will go to the next episode. Franky and Den having a conversation about Tom's life got me a bit teary eyed, because i remembered Franky's past again. God i have to rewatch those episodes again. Vander Decken is going for Shirahoshi while Hordy takes over the palace.

A bit slow episode, but i hope the next one will make up for it. Ooh i wonder if Jimbei and Luffy will gang up on Vander Decken!
Feb 12, 2012 4:57 AM
May 2009
Robin with her Hand ability would give a very good job, if you know what i mean ^^
Feb 12, 2012 7:37 AM
Mar 2011
OMG Zori ah sorry Zoro is a beast can't wait for the next episode Hordi vs. Zoro !!
Feb 12, 2012 8:24 AM

Dec 2011
Ooooo Luffy better watch out. Decken is racing towards him.
Feb 12, 2012 8:48 AM

Jan 2012
the whole time i was just feeling sorry for the shark. my gag reflexes were acting up just thinking about deep throating + carrying somebody nearly as large as you.

robin's ability looks crazy formidable now!

this is the first time i've had to wait for an ep. :( it sucks.
Feb 12, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
intense cliffhanger (damn bgm is awesome)
can't wait for SH to destroy the palace :D
angelcross37Feb 12, 2012 9:27 AM
Feb 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
I gotta ask: how are all the non-manga fans enjoying it so far?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 12, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2008
The episode was a bit slow, but I'm enjoying it so far. I can't wait for the fights =)
Feb 12, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2012
flame_master_14 said:

i kind of unwittingly spoiled myself on one or two plot points, but i'm enjoying it so far. it's the novelty of the time skip, at this point i don't mind what happens as long as i get to see everybody's new designs and their new skills.
Feb 12, 2012 3:56 PM

Jan 2010
neenalie said:
flame_master_14 said:

i kind of unwittingly spoiled myself on one or two plot points, but i'm enjoying it so far. it's the novelty of the time skip, at this point i don't mind what happens as long as i get to see everybody's new designs and their new skills.

Yeah, I'll be honest though, I might end up skipping the flashback. Personally, I just don't feel like going through it again, as it's just exposition.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 12, 2012 4:03 PM

Jun 2011
flame_master_14 said:

i don't mind it.. its harder than it seems to not run into a few spoilers here and there which is annoying.

im gonna be upset if hordy and decken even get a hit on luffy and zoro tbh. these guys are weaklings.. like arlong
Feb 12, 2012 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
flame_master_14 said:

Quite a bit. Story's interesting, pace is quick, liking the episodes even when not too much happens like this one. I can't wait to see the Straw Hats to go up against some enemies who will give them a little trouble.
Feb 12, 2012 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
Robin + Multiple hands multiplication = OWNAGE!

LOL xD EPIC EPISODE! CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!
uhh...
Feb 13, 2012 7:41 AM

Feb 2012
Very good episode, Robin is so funny +_+

And obviously, very impatient to see -> Zoro vs Hody ! ! !
Feb 13, 2012 8:10 PM

Mar 2009
535 episodes in four weeks and I've finally caught up.

It's nice to see that Robin is useful again.

Zoro has spent the last two years training with Mihawk, he should have no problem with Hody.
Feb 14, 2012 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
Definitely looking forward to Zoro vs Hody (Hordy? *shrug*) <3 Zoro. :3

Poor Megalo. :( Whoever said their gag reflex was working while watching that... I agree. Poor guy. Also... she'd have to be curled up in his stomach, right? ... I sure hope he doesn't have strong stomach acid. >>;

Can't wait for everyone who's going there to meet up in the sea forest. :)
Feb 14, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
Ah, great to see Robin again. This was a pretty good episode, seemed a bit faster paced than the last couple for some reason. Also, is it just me, or did everything look a lot more...colorful? There were a few weak points in the animation, but the vibrant colors this episode really stood out for me.

I do have to say, the little added bits of filler from one scene to the next actually really work, I like it. Weaves things together a lot more smoothly.
Feb 14, 2012 6:05 AM

May 2008
wow can't wait for Zoro vs Hody and wonder what will happen when Luffy meets Jimbei!
Feb 14, 2012 7:07 AM

Aug 2011
Looks like Vander will catch up to Luffy next episode, I presume.
Feb 15, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2009
I'm still having a hard time adapting to the new character designs specifically with Franky, Robin, Zoro, and Brook.

I really loved the darkness of Brook before, but now, he's just goofy (not that it's bad). I guess I feel he had more substance before...more layers to his character than just comedy.

As for Zoro, the only issue I have is the loss of his eye...a simple scar across the eye would have been fine like the Dark Night Rayleigh's. I mean...eyes are important for a swordsman. I can get use to it over time though.

I don't like the fact the Robin got white and that hair style is just terrible. At least Nami looks similar to her younger version while Robin seems to have had plastic surgery.

Franky doesn't look like a cyborg anymore...more like a typical robot. His signature poss doesn't have the same effect any longer...it's more awkward whereas before it was funny.

Lastly, I'm fine with Chopper....but in episode 533 when he went into his new kung-fu point he looked stupid. As soon as I saw him, I thought this is ripping off Kung-fu Panda.....they made him into a fat Chopper. I'm fine with him having the ability, but the character design is stupid.

I don't know. I love One Piece but some the character design choices that have been made are not up to par I feel.
Feb 20, 2012 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
The filler in this episode fleshed things out nicely. That's why One Piece will always be superior to Naruto and Bleach.
Feb 20, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
The animation in this episode during the pirate fight was QUALITY. I'm sure next one will be better
Apr 22, 2012 6:54 AM

May 2010
The action is getting fast-paced! Hoping to see Luffy and Zoro fight! :D
Dec 14, 2012 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
TO much obsession..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 9, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Yipee!!!! Zoro vs Hody!!! And underwater too!!!! Zoroooo <3
Can't wait for the rest of the crew to meet Jimbei!!!
Feb 14, 2014 10:26 PM
Jan 2014
A poster mentioned their gag reflexes reacting to the Shark "deepthroating" the Princess and I have to say my mind went elsewhere when watching that scene. As a person who frequents the Pacific Ocean I was more terrified with seeing her get spit out, raked across the sharks teeth, and re-swallowed again-inside what appears to be a play on a Great White. To say the least, sharks unsettle me.
AibruceyFeb 14, 2014 10:32 PM
Dec 24, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Next up

Jun 30, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2015
okay time to see some ass kicking so excited *_*
Jul 30, 2016 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
That Decken guy needs a reality check and soon
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 28, 2017 6:45 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Decken guy really has a talent to stalk people

Oct 17, 2017 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
I want to see Vander Decken get his ass kicked already, I can't stand the guy.
Jul 16, 2019 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
First to get it out of the way, I was thinking more about how cool it was that Hachi confronted Hordy. He went against the ideals he once helped and is fighting, in a way, for Luffy's sake. He was too ashamed to face Luffy with Arlong jr around because he's changed his views and that's not okay anymore, humans can be awesome and worth fighting for. Like I suggested before he was never a true radical and he had a good relationship with Rayleigh, but Luffy's support has moved him even further. He fought for Luffy as well as he could despite being injured even if it was simply with words and that's awesome. He's giving back!

Hordy Jones is totally a radical fishman fascist. Through a violent revolution Hordy will Usurp the crown and force all fishmen to be like minded in their ideals, to correct the mistakes of history and ruin mankind.... Now that's something. I like how he has an Arlong Pirates tattoo despite not being a part of them, maybe is symbolic of him carrying on the ambition, a statement that it didn't die with Arlong, it simply got stronger. It was also mentioned he used to be a soldier for Neptune. Then.. through all of this, Vander Decken is in it selfishly for a girl. That's all he wants! What a nutcase. At least with Luffy with her she should be okay. I hope Luffy gets marked and shave's behind him so the thrown object pierces Vander Decken himself trying to reach Luffy. Also, I knew as soon as he ran outside that he would do the Tao Pai Pai.. Anytime where someone throws something huge and rides it to their desired location is so cool.

It was nice to get another look at Robin finally! It's the first time since she split up with Franky and I must say, HER HENTAI BOOBS ARE SERIOUSLY IMMERSION BREAKING FOR ME! It'll take me a little to get used to them so big and on display like that. It's notable that her mission here is super plot important, there's a poneglyph here and one that could help monumentally with the blank century, and something that no one else is focused on. This is interesting because this arc is personally important for both Robin and Franky. Franky met up with Den and he seemed so happy to be with him and to be applauded by Tom's brother. He seems to have taken Tom's fate well. He got Franky to mention the Sunny being the same material as Roger's ship making it clear that not only the disciple of the man who made Roger's ship made Luffy's, but they are made of the same freaking material. And, Den made an interesting point, fishmen and mermen are so different looking and the way they are born is a random chance depending on their ancestors, their family literally looks different from each other as if they are different species. Yet they are family, which makes humans discrimination for them being different so much more perplexing to the fish people.

Then of course the raid into the palace! This is super cool and I wasn't expecting it! Zoro, Brook, Nami, and Usopp are up against the New Fishman pirates and maybe fighting against them will make Neptune change his mind regarding the Straw Hats. Plus Hordy seems to be the main villain yet the confrontation is with Zoro's group as Vander Decken heads to the slowly forming Luffy group of Luffy, Franky, Robin, Den and Jimbei. So both will have a threat but Zoro's group seems far more serious. I doubt they will need it but if they must they could also free the Neptune and really pile on the New Fishmen pirates. This set up has been super fun and next episode should be some serious confrontations, and in fact perhaps the first serious fights of the post timeskip! Meanwhile we have to wonder what Sanji and Chopper are up to.

P.S. With Hawkins and Sharley clearly having some meaningful future predictions I wonder if Robin will be proven wrong and see that it's not that ridiculous to believe. She hasn't been close minded about Krakens or mythical creatures, but I suppose the realm of immaterial or spiritual is when she starts to show doubt.
Dec 21, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2016
Neptune correctly guessing the way Luffy was able to get Shirahoshi out of her room was hilarious because of how no one believed him. Great minds do think alike-jamon!

It looks like it's also likely that Nico will also be stopping over where Franky and Jimbei are waiting~

Jun 3, 2021 7:21 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that poor Shark. LOL. Luffy and Shirahoshi are having fun talking about stupid things. LMAO
Aug 12, 2022 11:14 AM
Aug 2022
les retrouvaille insane
Dec 27, 2022 9:33 PM
Apr 2020
good shit good shit
Jan 10, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 2021
it was pretty good
Jun 27, 2023 5:34 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Luffy talking about fart to a Princess? LMAO
Jan 26, 8:11 PM
Dec 2023
i like uno pieza :DDDDDDDDd
Feb 1, 5:52 AM
Jan 2023
One piece is trash

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.