Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2008 5:37 PM
Oct 2007
ZerachromaOct 14, 2009 4:40 AM
Jan 30, 2009 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
lol she reminds me of nina on code geass if that's who you mean. though i wouldn't have known this way back when.
May 15, 2010 11:51 AM
Feb 2009
haha NIna trinity, yea she does
Jul 25, 2010 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Fllay is totally racist. =X
May 20, 2011 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
Until now Flay demonstrates only her negative traits: racist, egocentric, spoiled. Does it means her place in this show is to constantly demand everyones attention to her, troll on coordinators and make things harder for everyone? Boy, in my eyes she's a primary antagonist here so far! xD
May 21, 2011 2:51 AM

Jul 2009
Well, of course she would get a shock from seeing her father being killed. She's a 'spoiled princess' afterall.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Aug 22, 2011 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
insipidclownfish said:
Fllay is totally racist. =X

Totally annoying too!!! Every glimpse of her makes me go ALL CAPS RAGE. xD

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
May 28, 2012 1:48 AM

Sep 2011
Re-watching in remastered:

Flay... such an annoying *****. Though its bearable the second time around. =p
Jun 18, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2008
I feel no sympathy for Flay.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 6, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
Fumofu said:
Until now Flay demonstrates only her negative traits: racist, egocentric, spoiled. Does it means her place in this show is to constantly demand everyones attention to her, troll on coordinators and make things harder for everyone? Boy, in my eyes she's a primary antagonist here so far! xD

Pretty much so far, and her dad wasn't much better as a person. Someone slap her already.
Jul 6, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2010
Flay was a bitch. It was her role.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Feb 7, 2014 3:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes, Flay is as bad as everyone says she is. But she's also seen her father killed in front of her so for now I'll give her a break a chapter or two. She better get Bright slapped soon after that though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2014 5:16 PM
Mar 2013
chrisma said:
Flay was a bitch. It was her role.
Lol, you tell it like it is. She plays her role well.

You know, I never really liked Badgiruel when I first watched this series, but she's kind of growing on me. She really is a true soldier, making the tough decisions no one else wants to make.

It seems like the Earth Federation forces are the bad guys in this dispute. I really love the direction of this anime. It's really well done.
Jan 2, 2015 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Perhaps this is the first episode in which there is a small flaw in the narrative, which still gives emotions and involvement throughout the battle.
Drawings with ups and downs.
Another positive note is that the characters growing up, with them also shape the relationship they have towards others, also begin avedersi the first tension between the two women in command of the Archangel and between Kira and his companions.
The finish is very attractive and presenting another intriguing episode.
Oct 22, 2015 12:31 AM
Oct 2015
The Archangel really needs to get the locks on their doors fixed lol
Apr 7, 2016 8:50 PM

Dec 2014
With this episode, I have now found my ultimate nemesis in anime: A certain pink-haired girl named Flay.
Nina in Code Geass never annoyed me that much, and I loved Suzaku. Slaine Troyard is one of my runner-ups for favorite characters of all time, Shou Tucker I actually understood the motivations of, and Danzou was the same way with even cooler powers than alchemy.
But Flay. FLAAAAAAAAAY.
In the span of less than ten episodes, I have come to hate the very sight of this person with a passion. A spoiled, lazy, selfish racist brat of a girl who accuses the guy who likes her of being an enemy because of his birth, threatens to kill an innocent singer for the same reasons, and when a person isn't able to keep a promise to her because he's FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE she gets mad at him anyways. And MULTIPLE TIMES people have tried to get her to see reason. The boy she likes, two of her other male friends, and her closest female friend. Not to mention officers in the freaking military. The military, son! And she doesn't listen to any of them, accuses them of being traitors too, and just.... UGHHHH. People die when they're killed, woman! Deal with it and grow up- if you're so passionate about this stupid-ass shit then join the army or something! Just don't take it out on the people who are actually saving your life, fool.

...Good god, that's the longest rant I think I've ever written in my life. And I still have 41 more episodes... heavens help me.
May 24, 2016 10:31 PM
Feb 2013
naschyamamoto said:
With this episode, I have now found my ultimate nemesis in anime: A certain pink-haired girl named Flay.
Nina in Code Geass never annoyed me that much, and I loved Suzaku. Slaine Troyard is one of my runner-ups for favorite characters of all time, Shou Tucker I actually understood the motivations of, and Danzou was the same way with even cooler powers than alchemy.
But Flay. FLAAAAAAAAAY.
In the span of less than ten episodes, I have come to hate the very sight of this person with a passion. A spoiled, lazy, selfish racist brat of a girl who accuses the guy who likes her of being an enemy because of his birth, threatens to kill an innocent singer for the same reasons, and when a person isn't able to keep a promise to her because he's FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE she gets mad at him anyways. And MULTIPLE TIMES people have tried to get her to see reason. The boy she likes, two of her other male friends, and her closest female friend. Not to mention officers in the freaking military. The military, son! And she doesn't listen to any of them, accuses them of being traitors too, and just.... UGHHHH. People die when they're killed, woman! Deal with it and grow up- if you're so passionate about this stupid-ass shit then join the army or something! Just don't take it out on the people who are actually saving your life, fool.

...Good god, that's the longest rant I think I've ever written in my life. And I still have 41 more episodes... heavens help me.

you said everything I had in mind about flay! and yes...the list will probably get longer as we continue watching... -_-
Aug 30, 2017 2:41 PM
Aug 2017
Agree!
Super Agree!
Feb 7, 2018 4:21 PM
Aug 2017
What if a Newtype unlocks his\her Seed Mode? They would be Ultra Strong! Right?
May 9, 2021 2:06 PM

Sep 2017
Wow she didn't hesitate for a moment to use Idol as a hostage!
That's pragmatic Flay for you!
YESSSS SLAY QUEEN!
Oct 21, 2022 4:03 PM

Nov 2016
The anticipation to see her dad was the ultimate death flag. Although, she went a bit overboard, I feel bad for Flay.

The problem is that she will go full crazy from here onwwards.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 30, 2023 1:55 AM

Mar 2022
Flay is one crazy girl. Lacus is not even harming anyone and she threatens to kill her...
Dec 9, 2023 2:32 AM

Jul 2017
I feel that flay literally is written to make the viewer mad, she is insufferable
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 2, 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
Natarle the only one with balls on the ship lol. Love her character design too.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 42 Discussion

Zerachroma - Aug 27, 2008

21 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 41 Discussion

Flaecy - May 16, 2010

14 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 40 Discussion

Zerachroma - Aug 27, 2008

26 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 29 Discussion

Flaecy - May 16, 2010

37 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 24 Discussion

Flaecy - May 15, 2010

18 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 20, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.