Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2012 5:03 PM
Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really enjoyed this Pokemon special.

The plot was interesting and the art and music was nice.

I found Domino an annoying character but I was shocked when I found out she was working for Team rocket.
Nov 17, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
Tips never trust MAL pokemon anime scores cause all of them will suck. For the main audience they might but for people who watch Pokemon they are not bad.

Like this for example, MewTwo returns was amazing! but it has a score of 7.14!
Jan 12, 2018 5:43 PM

Aug 2016
I love how they had a Pikachu balloon in the end xD
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 4, 2018 8:55 PM

Jul 2017
Great special. Formulaic with some plot holes but it works in a feel-good way, and the moral was excellent. Don't let others' judgments of you reflect on you. It actually helped me out today to hear this. I also really liked seeing the Pokemon as the main characters, especially Meowth.
Jun 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
The place at the end where mewtwo went was Unova region! :D
Jul 25, 2021 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
So this is where that infamous baby Nidoqueen comes from, huh?
Dec 27, 2022 4:56 PM

Jan 2013
Surprisingly pretty good movie (and sequel) for it not being a main movie.
Shame a lot of people don't know about it (considering the amount of members = halved compared to the first 4 movies)

Definitely a well deserved followup to the first movie and worth the watch.
May 27, 2023 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3.5
[Art/Animation] - 3
[Sound/Music] - 3  
[M-Character] - 3.5
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 3
[Overall] - 3
This is my second time watching this special, for many years I never knew this existed not in till I was an adult. I was surprised about this special seeing an after story of the events from the first film. I watched it DUB the first time in my early 20's and I did not like it. I think the DUB is bad but now watching this after I finished a re-watch of the first film in SUB and then seeing this in SUB to it really dose a good job telling story for what became of Mewtwo and the other Pokémon like him. The focus on Mewtwo and the other Pokémon their and the many others that came to help with the small amount of time spent With the gang and having Ash came and help him out in the end is what really made this special good to me.  
P.S The Pikachu balloon in the end was great to see.  

More topics from this board

» Why is the runtime 74 minutes?

FutureMeat - Jan 17, 2023

1 by Codonaine »»
Jan 17, 2023 7:45 AM

» Mewtwo Returns is so much better than Mewtwo Strikes Back

iamKetranLang - Jan 6, 2022

2 by localcolour »»
Jan 7, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.