Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2019 1:28 AM

Aug 2015
You fools! You're playing Uno in an already tense situation!

I have a feeling Maho is going to be the butt monkey in this anime...

Jun 25, 2019 11:42 AM

Jul 2016
Another good episode, though it wasn't that fun.
Sep 29, 2019 2:31 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode, I really loved the family talk there and a lot of symbols unique to Anno (poles, traffic lights, lanterns) which represent loneliness, alienation and hardships in human relationships. This made me even more surprised to learn that it was actually Kazuya Tsurumaki who directed this episode.
It's also cool how every character in the household had a role to fulfill, nobody was left out. The UNO game was particularly awesome, I absolutely adore the style of this scene, as well as incredible voice acting. You can really see that the seiyuu were having a lot of fun!

I'm looking forward to the resolution of Shibahime's arc so that we can focus on Arima, too!
St0rmbladeSep 29, 2019 3:28 PM
Sep 30, 2020 2:09 PM
Jul 2013
One episode worth more than some other entire series.
It's back on track to a 10/10.
And don't ever think you know someone in full.
May 29, 2021 9:53 AM

Jan 2021
WTF Gainax, your recap animation had nothing to do with the recap narration. AND they recapped from the beginning so this time it was legitimately too long.
Couldn't be bothered to draw backgrounds today, so just rotoscoped and/or high-contrast / overexposures. Looks about as good as it did in Lord of the Rings, literally some of the worst animation I've ever seen.
This reminds me of the Doctor Who episode "Shada" that I watched last week, that replaced missing footage with animation. Here, it's like Anno replaced missing animation with (bad) photos. Why show a unrecognizable photograph of "food" instead of just drawing "food"? Seriously, was that supposed to be a tea cup?
Anno's a big fan of live action (only half his work is animated) and he mixes the two a lot. He should have just shown photos instead of these processed images.
As I mentioned yesterday, they resort to long blocks of exposition when building character backstories way too much.
And the cast expands.
ED Video: Still on the boat
New ED: Instrumental / karaoke version
CalmTeaTimeJul 9, 2023 4:03 PM
Jun 11, 2022 5:31 PM

Jun 2019
Oh shit we about to get some step sibling action up in this bitch?
Jun 24, 2022 12:18 AM

Feb 2021
That was surprising...the fact their entire conversation was around basically public people seemed a little strange.

Last episode made a point about how Miyazawa wasn't sure about what would happen when she wouldn't see Arima on a daily basis at school. So far she's learning to also depend on friends as well, so I guess it's working out better then I thought it would
Apr 25, 2023 11:29 PM
Jul 2021
excelente capitulo
Apr 27, 2023 6:24 AM

Jun 2021
Uno card game with actual Uno cards and not a copyright-safe stand-in was unpredictable (and yet another clever way to save animation budget)

Miyazawa mom telling her wish to have a daughter like that in front of her actual ones... lol

That slap... was deserved, honestly.
Apr 27, 2023 12:53 PM

Jun 2022
That Uno game lol

Also Hideaki and Tsubasa are going to be family now, didn't see that coming

Show keeps getting more and more interesting :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 3 Discussion

philautia_ - Jun 19, 2009

38 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Oct 21, 2008

69 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 11:18 AM

» Kare Kano

Lilly1x - Feb 8, 2009

2 by mokkocchi »»
Apr 2, 9:41 AM

» Best DVD quality for Kare Kano?!! (Some releases look better than others apparently...?)

LoganJones - Apr 13, 2019

2 by GreatAide »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Does anyone else agree that this anime deserves a remake the most?

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 23, 2022

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 25, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.