Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
I've been able a have a few lucid dreams before. It's pretty random whether I realize I'm dreaming or not... Near the beginning of the dream, I just think "Oh hey, I'm dreaming!" and that's that. I can usually control them as well-- but only to an extent.

The earliest lucid dream I remember occurred sometime when I was in elementary school. I'll just say third grade, because everything in my childhood seemed to happen around third grade. There wasn't much substance to it; the setting was just a white room, from what I can recall. While dreaming, I remembered once hearing about people being able to control their dreams-- from a cartoon, I think... (W.I.T.C.H., maybe? Haha.) So I decided to try it out. I imagined myself flying over a city, and bam, it happened. I then tried to turn something on top of one of the buildings blue, but it only half-worked. (This has always been a recurring element of my dreams-- having some sort magical powers but not being able to fully use them, due to doubting myself.) ... That's about it.
Another time, the dream started in a foggy place. A friend was with me, and started talking in a worried voice, saying that we had to leave. I immediately knew that the dream was going to be a nightmare, so I screamed "WAKE UP!" and squinted my eyes together as hard as I could, trying to make my actual body react so that I might wake. It worked, and I woke up in the middle of the night. But I was upset at my rash decision to wake myself when I could've simply changed my dream and make it an super-awesome badass one.

However, in my most recent lucid dream, I could hardly control things at all! It started out as another nightmare one, with a sort of "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" feeling. (... Actually, that game has given me many nightmares. I'm not sure why... It's not like I couldn't sleep at night, afraid that Mr. Face was able to come out... Fortunately, none of these were too bad, but rather humorous, in fact. Anyways.) I "woke up" in my bed and, of course, knew that I was dreaming. At this point, I actually looked down at the hands and observed them closely, examining how they looked, how they felt. (I actually already do this a lot in real life, when I absent-mindedly wonder about if this world if real or not. Like a loser who has nothing better to do.) And then I thought: "This feels so real... I know that when you're awake, dreams feel like they weren't real-- but right now, if I didn't already know this was a dream, I wouldn't be able to tell." INCEPTION.
Anyways. I also knew that this was going to be another nightmare, so I knew that I had to not think about scary things. And then, of course, I realized that by trying not to think about scary things only made me think about scary things even more. The bathroom door opened, and I starting imagining the girl from "The Ring" coming out of it. So, to prevent her from doing so, I began singing K-pop songs in my head. Seriously. Gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby~
It worked and the ominous aura of my dream subsided, so I left the bed and continued to the living room, where a scared family member of mine was standing. (Probably because he was the one with whom I played Amnesia with.) I assured him, "Pshh, don't worry! Watch this!" and tried to making a random mattress levitate, dramatically waving my arms upward.
It didn't work.
I was definitely surprised, for this was the first time that I was completely unable to control something in one of my dreams. I also tried half-heartedly telling myself to wake up, which didn't work, either. So I figured that maybe, this was some kind of important dream, where I had to complete some sort of subconscious-assigned mission to wake up. (It wasn't.) I gave up on trying to wake up or change my dream and merely jumped out the window. The rest isn't important. I just went through the rest of the dream, which had just turned very weird and not worth mentioning, until I was woken up by someone.

... Oh geez. That turned out long. I-is anyone even going to read that? Tch. I don't care if they do or not... But surely someone will find it interesting, right? OTL
Jan 29, 2012 7:29 PM

Jan 2012
TL;DR
My apologies, children, for I am afraid I cannot save you all.
Jan 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
koraki said:
Rasco said:
It has happened to me sometimes but Lucid Dreaming is not something I find that entertaining, I find using my imagination while awake more appealing and easier.

What do you mean? When you close your eyes and imagine something you SEE it? I mean like in real life?
I doubt it is that. When you read a really descriptive book, for example, and you have the aptitude to understand and re-imagine the imagery, not physically of course (unless you are under some hallucinogen), that would probably be what s/he meant. When we speak of imagination, we aren't actually seeing it, or else that defeats the word's purpose. It's that you can think (thus mentally depict a picture) of it.

Heard of the phrase "Is that my imagination or did that really happen?" One is thought, the other is literal.
Jan 30, 2012 1:15 AM

Jan 2012
Darklich528 said:
Dokuji_Saratome said:
I remember a lucid dream which involves sex and in real life after waking up I just you know what

What? Please describe it in great detail.

I think you're perverted. And by the way I forgot what my dream is.
Jan 30, 2012 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
Yuri-chii said:
... Oh geez. That turned out long. I-is anyone even going to read that? Tch. I don't care if they do or not... But surely someone will find it interesting, right? OTL

I read all the posts from beggining to end, so the answer is yes :D

Jan 30, 2012 6:20 AM

Jun 2011
Tachii said:
koraki said:
Rasco said:
It has happened to me sometimes but Lucid Dreaming is not something I find that entertaining, I find using my imagination while awake more appealing and easier.

What do you mean? When you close your eyes and imagine something you SEE it? I mean like in real life?
I doubt it is that. When you read a really descriptive book, for example, and you have the aptitude to understand and re-imagine the imagery, not physically of course (unless you are under some hallucinogen), that would probably be what s/he meant. When we speak of imagination, we aren't actually seeing it, or else that defeats the word's purpose. It's that you can think (thus mentally depict a picture) of it.

Heard of the phrase "Is that my imagination or did that really happen?" One is thought, the other is literal.

So here we go he can imagine things, but he can feel those things in dream. Imagine you creating second life in your dream. My friend has a dreams where she lives other life there. So strange, but cool.

Jan 30, 2012 6:33 AM

Jan 2012
Dokuji_Saratome said:
Darklich528 said:
Dokuji_Saratome said:
I remember a lucid dream which involves sex and in real life after waking up I just you know what

What? Please describe it in great detail.

I think you're perverted. And by the way I forgot what my dream is.

LOL, I was kidding. I think it's pretty obvious what happened. Also, yes.
My apologies, children, for I am afraid I cannot save you all.
Jan 30, 2012 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think I've ever had a lucid dream. Someone once said that if you looked at your hands in a dream, then you could lucid dream... I'm not sure if this is true but maybe it works. *shrugs*
Feb 1, 2012 2:06 AM

Jan 2012
LingeringDreams said:
I don't think I've ever had a lucid dream. Someone once said that if you looked at your hands in a dream, then you could lucid dream... I'm not sure if this is true but maybe it works. *shrugs*

I'll try that.
Feb 1, 2012 3:32 PM

Dec 2009
You are taking advice from someone who has never had a lucid dream. Great logic there.

No offense to you at all LingeringDreams, you were just sharing your story.
Feb 1, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2011
Lucid dreaming aside, I dreamt that I checked my (student) bank account and it had only £2.30 left in it, rather than the £1000s it should do (before you make assumptions, that's money lent by the government to me to pay from my accommodation and food).

The opposite happened to lucid dreaming (sort of), as I still believed the money was gone even when I woke up. That was a bad morning.
Feb 1, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
d0urd3n said:
You are taking advice from someone who has never had a lucid dream. Great logic there.

No, he's taking advice from someone who has heard from someone else about a way that might cause lucid dreaming to occur.
Feb 1, 2012 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
Hm. I watched a clip of a documentary-type movie, I can't remember what the name was but it was like a fully drawn documentary, looked like some kind of paint, but anyways, they were talking about how light-switches don't work in lucid dreams, but I'm not sure. I know that every time I've realized I'm in a dream I wake up, so I don't have much experience in the realm. ;P
Feb 1, 2012 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
Knave said:
d0urd3n said:

No, he's taking advice from someone who has heard from someone else about a way that might cause lucid dreaming to occur.
Exactly.
Feb 1, 2012 9:38 PM

Jun 2011
Performancev2 said:
Hm. I watched a clip of a documentary-type movie, I can't remember what the name was but it was like a fully drawn documentary, looked like some kind of paint, but anyways, they were talking about how light-switches don't work in lucid dreams, but I'm not sure. I know that every time I've realized I'm in a dream I wake up, so I don't have much experience in the realm. ;P

Is the movie called Waking Life? It sounds like it.

Feb 2, 2012 1:36 AM

Jan 2012
I think I just did a lucid dream again.
Feb 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
I had a "False Awakening" or a double dream apparently today.
It's supposed to be a lucid dream but I wasn't really aware of it..
Basically it's like a dream within a dream. lol

I was dreaming and when I woke up from that dream I was in my bed and everything THINKING I was actually really awake when in reality I was still asleep dreaming.

Then when I really woke up my mind=BLOWN.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 2, 2012 11:25 PM

Jun 2011
Dokuji_Saratome said:
I think I just did a lucid dream again.

Feb 2, 2012 11:28 PM

Jun 2011
Ragix said:
It's supposed to be a lucid dream but I wasn't really aware of it..
Basically it's like a dream within a dream. lol

I was dreaming and when I woke up from that dream I was in my bed and everything THINKING I was actually really awake when in reality I was still asleep dreaming.

Then when I really woke up my mind=BLOWN.

That's nothing. Some people have these things a lot and some even can't wake up for real. It's kinda painful, but still.. Anyway the thing you experienced is like you said False Awakening. I had it few times. Some were strange. Like I wasn't really in a dream, more like in another dimension (sounds crazy), because it looked extrememly real and felt the same way.

Feb 3, 2012 12:50 AM

Dec 2010
Ragix said:

so, I heard you like dreams. So I put some lucid dreaming into your dreaming. So you could wake up from your dream while you were dreaming.
Feb 3, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2012
Some dreams are meant to be real.
Feb 15, 2012 11:47 PM

Jun 2011
It seems that it depends a lot from the mood if you will recall your dreams. For example I was in really good mood one day and after the night I recalled 8 dreams. After that hard things started: our relationship with my gf has gotten worse, pre-exams came. I usually couldn't recall any dreams in that period or just from 1 to 2 dreams. And now it's over with my gf (she is my ex now), but we are still good friends and some people helped go through this and yesterday I was soo happy and went to sleep in this mood. Today I recalled dreaming 4 dreams one of them was long which was in lucid dream state then I got asleep in a dream woke up and the dream continued without LD state. So yea has anyone noticed the same thing? Does stress and depresion lowers the chances of recalling your dreams? What do you think?
EDIT: Plz don't make this thread dead:(
korakiMar 29, 2012 9:15 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.