Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2022 7:42 PM

Mar 2021
By that training routine, it's only logical that Onizuka could solo Saitama any day of the week.

I'm not the first to say this and definitely won't be the last, but please, Uchiyamada, shut the fuck up.

Wow, that was a ride. This show certainly has a way of sending the right message through the wrong means. Still, Onizuka not being fired is a plus. I'm surprised Anko's mother backtracked so quickly.

One thing, though: when Kikuchi said part of the tape was a composite, does that mean he was somehow able to make stuff up? I'm not entirely confident you could do something like that in the late 90s.
MeanMrMusicianJun 3, 2022 7:45 PM

Jul 11, 2022 12:20 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't enjoy this one so much. Most of the episodes up until now showed Onizuka doing something to help the students and make them realize that he's actually a good guy. This episode just had stuff happen to him - he barely did anything. Heck, he was kind of just making things worse during the PTA meeting.
Oct 1, 2022 11:11 AM
May 2020
Girl Bullies and Female Sexual Assaulters EXIST!
The MVP of this episode is the bullied kid for willing to take off his clothes in front of a crowd to show the PROOF of his bulling. Every kid who has come around for Onizuka are now backing him up with every new case.
Still, I think Onizuka should be the school therapist instead. And he should go undercover as a substitute teacher so he can find out the truth about whatever mistreatment occurs.
Lastly, the Vice-Principal should really blame the President of the PTO for his broken car. Not Onizuka. Dude needs serious personal and family therapy. Alas, I think this is just going to be a running gag with no resolution. Will it?
Oct 16, 2022 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
Props to Great Teacher Onizuka, they managed to bring forth one of the worst kinds of parents. Anko's mother is obsessive with power, completely ignores any and all acts of violence and malice her daughter commits, is willing to invent any excuse to retain the image of a perfect and innocent daughter, and yet also neglects that same daughter, leaving her to run wild.

Was Onizuka correct in threatening to blackmail and commit further acts of vengeance against Anko and her friends, even considering how they beat up and drove Noboru to suicide? I can't quite say, but for what it's worth, at least in this story everything somewhat worked out. I'm still left with mixed feelings, but it's not worth thinking about how this episode would have played out in real life, as Onizuka really did waltz in with a monkey outfit and challenged Anko's mother to a toy boxing match. This anime is something special, that's for sure.
Oct 22, 2023 6:45 AM
Jul 2017
wholesome episode, the kids are getting better and improving

story will likely end with him making 4-3 the best classroom
Nov 28, 2023 7:08 AM
Nov 2022
incredibly funny, unhinged and wholesome:D
Jan 18, 6:15 AM

Jun 2021
"thanks for making up the lie of Onizuka into the hospital" "no, he's actually in there"

Hi, not-really-Kuma from the Tekken series. LOL, Murai wasted about 20 euros for having his ass kicked by his biggest foe every time.

(LOL, after two GREAT! eyecatches there was already "i just want to be a simple teacher for an entire lifetime!")

Can't wait once again for the moment when these three girls will have these smug faces wiped out, wait, it's almost here already.

Damn, he's just returned from shooting "The Bad Touch" music video from the Bloodhound Gang and challenges ms. Uehara to a cool 80's / 90's game that i unfortunately barely had the chance to actually play back in the day. But when it's the moment to return serious, he has suddenly changed into normal attire and (with some clutch support by Kikuchi too) makes everyone silent. Noboru Yoshikawa... respect.

"STOOOOP! STOP THIS RECORDING RIGHT NOW!" (to be honest, she is an actual flawed mother but still couldn't portray her as a total villain)

"YoU'rE a BaD mOtHeR yOu UnDeRsTaNd NoThInG bla bla bla...." but Onizuka stops Anko and creates one of my favorite anime moments in existence. Hell, i'll write the key sentence in italian dub too: "SMETTILA DI FARE L'EGOISTAAAAAAAAA"

on the side, here is the quiet debut of the english teacher that in italian dub has his speech mixed in english words. Previews reveal a softer and still entertaining episode, it will be nice to return to it too.

_untitledJan 18, 2:07 PM
Feb 2, 12:28 PM
Nov 2022
tan triste y hermoso a la vez 😭💖
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 25, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

301 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.