Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2012 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The only parts I really enjoyed were when Goemon did not have his sword; he's just so useless without it... or he could change his weapon to a hammer and chisel.
Having Zenigata with a more prominent role was a good change of pace, but otherwise was forgettable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
New levels reached in this anime...., welcome to the FATHER ZONE!!!!!
Jan 4, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
I like how as a balance to Zenigata being taken relatively seriously, Jigen, Goemon, and even Fujiko are made to look buffoonish instead.

Maria is fairly high up among the TV special heroines in terms of likability.

Zenigata is provided with a given name, Koichi. In previous works his name on documents and the like was given jokingly as "keibu" (i.e. inspector).

I think in a story like this we usually would have seen a full flashback to Maria's father being murdered. I like that this chose not to do that, to leave some mystery and also because it's not really necessary.

Naxrrhid said:
New levels reached in this anime...., welcome to the FATHER ZONE!!!!!

That was how their relationship seemed to me the whole movie so I was pretty surprised to see Zenigata was apparently wishing for something else.
FronzelJan 4, 2014 6:34 PM
May 15, 2019 7:26 AM

Oct 2012
Aww, I recognize Hayashibara Megumi's voice the moment I heard her voice
Her 30s voice is still lovely xD

The gang is just pathetic, Goemon without Zantetsuken
Jigen with toothache can't aim, should have lost his hat.. because he can't aim without it :P
Until the end when they got it/lost it

I kinda wish Maria was in the new Lupin, maybe a cameo like lot of others

Quite ironic since Suzuki's voice actor become the voice of Zenigata few years after xD

ED also by Ayanami Re- I mean Hayashibara Megumi
"Signature removed"
Jul 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Sep 2011
This was a good one. Michael Suzuki was one cunning, and prepared villain, but even he wasn't ready for Lupin and his team. I mean, they struggled at first, Jigen with his cavity and Goemon without his Zantetsuken, but the moment when they could fight back was cool. xD Goemon sliced the jet, and Jigen fired that shot which saved Lupin, Zenigata and Maria. Maria was a nice character too, a pity she had to go through all that, but she survived. Poor Zenigata though, he was hoping for something more, but she only saw him as a father figure.
Jul 23, 2020 9:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah as expected for Zenigata ending with Maria. Lmao. Poor him. Atleast he got an acknowledged by his police boss and did an endless catching time with Lupin III. A non-stop pursuit with Lupin III!

Its nice too seeing Goemon used her lucky skilled finally in the right place: Las Vegas!

And for another character, yeah, a holiday!

Even if i never watched the series from the very first beginning. I really enjoying this movie without needed any previous information about some characters. I guessed its an okay movie, had a nice story as a usual Shounen typical show. Yeah, i give this legendary movie a 8/10. A standard score for the type of the show that give me so much satisfaction as a usual action comedy type of show. Thats it.

Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2016
Fujiko looked very different in this one.

Maria was an endearing character and digged the relationship between her and Zenigata + that there was more in depth focus on him. F for our man at this point.

Enjoyable special.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2021 7:02 PM
May 2021
If I would give my hot take, the most enjoyable parts of this film are the first half and when Maria is on screen. She was a pretty good side character, but the movie starts trying to be Castle of Cagliostro towards the end. Having Zenigata be a more prominent character is good for the movie, but that's about it. I think Maria is the only reason people consider this as one of the best Lupin movies.
Dec 29, 2021 7:13 AM

Dec 2017
Why is this special rated so low? I think it hits the ball out of the park with all of the cool shit that happens in it. Plus we get a lot of Zenigata action which is welcome.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.