Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2012 3:50 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that is why there is so much gold hoarding here; they are preparing for a nano-machine army!
Geez Lupin totally saw the future.

I really didn't care much for this movie, though the ending was absurd and cool at the same time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2010
Surprisingly little Lupin in this Lupin III movie which actually focuses mostly on Oleander but given how much Lupin III there is, I don't think any attempt at something new should be rejected out of hand...but Oleander and her story aren't very interesting, so the film as a whole is kind of bland, despite the over-the-top action scene at the climax and the absurd nano-general attack at the very end.

In the slightest of changes, Lupin is wearing the red jacket like in the second TV series but the black shirt and yellow tie like in the first TV series.
May 1, 2014 10:56 AM
Dec 2011
This movie was pretty dull. The story was just a bit too much in that there were too many things going on at once and not much of it had to do with Lupin. (At least until near the end anyway.) What was the deal with the whole decoy daughter thing only to find out that the real daughter knew nothing and decides to disappear for the rest of the movie? If Lupin was Pannish the whole time, then who was leading that resistance while he was at the island? And there's that ending with the fake General bursting in that I can't make any sense out of.

When we are seeing the main Lupin cast, everything with them is pretty good. The action scenes are well animated and Zenigata, although he doesn't add much to the story besides being an annoyance to Lupin, did get to kick some butt for once. The artstyle didn't bother me that much, but it did have that 90's look to it.
May 31, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
This one was very good! I really liked the character design and backgrounds, and the story and ost were nice. I really enjoyed it.

Also, nice Sanpei and Cobra cameos.
Sep 4, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
I kinda liked the character designs, as well as the badass Zenigata. However, this movie was kinda bland.
Jan 6, 2016 1:25 AM
Jul 2011
squeakyboots13
who was leading that resistance while he was at the island?

Some of the prisoners that Lupin liberated at begging of the movie.
We saw glimpses of them.
Mar 17, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Funny in the narration and also a little intriguing, even if there are no shortcomings like in all the movies or almost, certain inconsistencies in the logical thread. I like character design and not in certain characters. The OST and the ending are promoted with flying colors. Sparkling as usual the character of Lupine, fascinating the alleys of that city. I noticed during the film many quotations through the appearance of well-known characters such as Sanpei the fisherman etc.

7.50/10
Jan 4, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2017
It was enjoyable to see a more competent Zenigata again, especially in that tavern(?) scene, of course, I'll be more than happy to see his more comedic side again in the next special.

I really wasn't expecting the tentacles, but they helped make for some visually pleasing scenes.

I really liked the ending where they rode off in the boat each planning to go off into one of the cardinal directions with Fujiko laying on that pile of gold dust, I just found something about it to be oddly satisfying.
May 18, 2019 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
I love the character design here, Fujiko and Goemon are looking especially hot! Fujiko's fight against that giant woman in the beginning was pretty cool too. And I loved how Goemon neutralized the enemy's forces when Lupin went to kidnap, actually rescue, the girl, and get some information about the island from her. I also like that Fujiko was able to infiltrate the dictator's base, free the girl for real this time, and copy the files they needed, which ended up saving Lupin from being killed in that fight against the man of many knives, which was pretty exciting too. Fujiko managed to save them all from the nanomachines with the disk in the nick of time. Well, not them all, Crisis had a gruesome death and Lupin killed the general.

But I am a bit confused with the ending. Was Panish dead all along? Then who prepared for the revolution during two years? Was Lupin in that country doing this for this long? I don't think so. And we only saw two of the inmates, who Lupin freed from the jail in the beginning, later. The old drunk man, and the guy who somehow was helping Fujiko to free the girl, so what was the point of the other two? Just mercy? And was the dictator made of nanomachines from the start or did he became part of it after being killed? Lupin's line and the way he appeared out of nowhere in the end were a bit confusing. Either way a good movie, with good animation and an amazing ending song. Oh, and Zenigata had a really badass moment by showing those policemen what is what and staying there, even without permission, to arrest Lupin. lol And I swear Candy White Adley made a cameo here. lol
Oct 9, 2021 1:07 AM
Apr 2021
When you think you are a veteran and you always find out who is Lupin in disguise.Oh how big was I mistaken!The film itself wasn't very exciting for me either.But Lupin has very sexy scenes in it at the end😏
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.