Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 11:04 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ending was a little disappointing.
Jul 13, 2012 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
They turned it into a urban legend lol
Jun 14, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2012
Well, that left every question unanswered. Really not a good read...
Jun 25, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2010
renders said:
They turned it into a urban legend lol

Bad, bad. I wish that they at least would have revealed that there was a deeper meaning, but it's just pure horror.
Nov 19, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2012
That's a shame, I don't mind her being a ghost or whatever but some resolution for the characters would have been good.
Oct 30, 2015 3:24 AM

Feb 2013
I'd actually be fine with the ending not really answering whether the stalker was a human or a demon, but the thing that bugged me was how other characters were acting when considering what has apparently happened to the main character. Seeing the girl he had a crush on just casually walk about doesn't sit right, and I also wasn't quite convinced with how the main's friend was acting. For being what seems to be three days to a week later, the friend seemed to be acting like the whole situation was completely behind him and finished. I mean, he road on his bike doing some investigation to find out the stalker's identity, only to drop the ball once the stalker finally gets to his friend.

I was never scared during the story (which I'm usually not for horrors), but for the stalker being so restrained to human actions (if she was a demon) and for being so persistent in the story, I was impressed with how she felt kinda thrilling by the end - not exactly in her looks but more to her present danger. Good, short manga.
Jan 4, 2016 9:49 PM

Sep 2015
I've curious to know what happened to the protagonist

Jan 5, 2016 3:36 PM
Dec 2015
^ i started to get more creeped out towards the end and my heart was skipping. i was definitely expecting a stronger finish than that. i was skeptical to read this, but i started to really enjoy it. and then such disappointment... it had a lot of potential it didn't take advantage of.
Jan 10, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2013
I honestly was waiting for quite the reveal at the end to see who or what she really was, but I think it was just she was a ghost and once they know you can see them, they'll follow you around forever? It was weird.

I wanted some more answers from this. The poor guy didn't deserve it at all.
Apr 30, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
Well, the ending was alright, but.. meh..
Apr 17, 2018 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
It was like a crappy Ibitsu, it just.. ended. No conclusion, and it wasn't scary at all.
Aug 9, 2018 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Well, that was disappointing.
Oct 15, 2018 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, I felt bad for Hiroshi! And why was there no one in the hospital at night? It is always staffed by someone however late it is. Yamamoto should have never come back, poor bastard.
Feb 11, 2019 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
It was an okay manga. The stalker woman was pretty creepy with her persistence and obsessive actions. I’m fine with ambiguous endings, but I feel like there was too much ambiguity. Like someone said, how the characters who were involved reacted to the main character’s death seemed out of character. Also, I wanted to know a bit more on Yamamoto’s situation with the woman. Oh well, it was a fun read overall.
"Life is a magnificent beast and it excites me!" - Graham Spector (Baccano!)
Aug 7, 2019 8:39 PM

May 2014
It was obviously trying to set an "urban legend" tone, this final chapter was really fitting for me, it's supposed to be vague and to not answer questions properly.
May 26, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2017
It's possible that Sachiko left Hiroshi alone after the fire. It's possible that he heard the nurses talking about seeing the ghost of the old woman who'd died that morning, and his stressed state, coupled with any medicine they gave him, may have made him hallucinate Sachiko was stalking him in the hospital. Note how in chapter 9 he says that he's "somehow tied to the bed", but is perfectly able to move and get up after it. Hiroshi convinces himself that Sachiko is there, calls his friend babbling about it, then hallucinates seeing Sanae with no face in the hallways and that the hospital is empty. It could be that he was actually being chased by medical personnel, which he thought were Sachiko, and that injection was merely to subdue him.

Chapter 10 (where this all goes down) is called "Paralysis", which I initially assumed meant he was actually in bed hallucinating all this, but he couldn't have called his friend like that. Therefore, it probably has to do with him feeling helpless against Sachiko, who may or may not have been there at all.

It's also possible for Sachiko, if she were a supernatural entity, to make Hiroshi hallucinate all the events in the hospital that night.

Considering Yamamoto's reappearance in chapter 11, it could be that Sachiko had found herself a new target in Hiroshi, and when he went insane she was either bored of him or achieved her goal. Then when Yamamoto, "the one who got away", came back asking questions, she appeared in front of him again. In the end, both Hiroshi and Yamamoto became as obsessed with her as she was with them.

ETA: and in this panel, I think Yamamoto is the one answering the door (note the short, dark hair; Yamamoto is the one narrating):

followed by another panel showing Hiroshi doing the same on one of the next pages (the narration is done by a few girls walking to school, one of which is Rumi):

So it's possible that Sachiko was trying all the apartments in the complex?
Pande91May 26, 2020 2:36 AM
May 9, 2021 5:45 AM
Feb 2018
Lots of unanswered questions. Still curious what the phone call Sachiko made in 10 was about. Also the nurses talking about the old lady in 9.

So currently 2 theories. Either Sachiko is human and that hospital scene was a hallucination seeing how her mouth is much different from her first appearance.

Or she isn't human which is more likely the case. And just wants to harass people because evil?
Jun 4, 2021 4:45 AM

May 2007
This was a waste of time, kid of like a crappy Tales from the Crypt episode with no resolution.
May 31, 2023 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
the ending was a bit disappointing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zashiki Onna Chapter 2 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 10, 2012

6 by Drumbottle »»
May 30, 2023 11:22 AM

Poll: » Zashiki Onna Chapter 1 Discussion

9 by Drumbottle »»
May 30, 2023 11:17 AM

Poll: » Zashiki Onna Chapter 10 Discussion

6 by ViniSD »»
Aug 9, 2018 5:34 PM

Poll: » Zashiki Onna Chapter 9 Discussion

2 by ViniSD »»
Aug 9, 2018 5:27 PM

Poll: » Zashiki Onna Chapter 7 Discussion

2 by ViniSD »»
Aug 9, 2018 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.