Nov 28, 2011 4:27 PM

Mar 2010
Read it here.

My opinions on this soon.
HectotaneNov 28, 2011 4:43 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2011 4:41 PM

Mar 2010
I noticed while watching the show that it has a lot of ideas that are very specifically Japanese, such as foreign independence and national pride in general. How do you think this is going to play with a foreign audience? Do you think they'll still be able to connect?

Yamamoto: The basic concept of the show is in a Japanese style, a Japanese concept, and that is what makes it more original than other shows. So as a worldwide show, the Japanese element is very important.

Because, you know. Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and any other anime that didn't have to rely on being Japanese. How about actually DOING research oh of course you can't. It takes money and bravery which you don't have either of.

On that same note, but lately there have been a lot of articles about the “herbivore” male, or “passive youth”. I was reminded of this sort of personality when I saw the hero in the show. I wanted to ask you personally, do you think of this hero as a “herbivore male”?

(A comparison to Evangelion's Shinji Ikari came up when this question was being interpreted)

Ohyama: Shu is one of the main characters, but there's also one more main character – Gai - and they're completely opposite types of people. As for Ikari Shinji, that's a show from 1995, and Shinji is more passive. They're both in their own world and they don't come out from that world. So Shu is kind of a 2011 version of Shinji: he has more of a-- [the group breaks into laughter] He has friends, but he doesn't have connections with them yet. The relationships are skin-deep. That's more of a 2011 type, nowadays, of a 17-year-old boy. So that's the difference between Shu and Shinji.

Considering how most people are SICK TO DEATH with more Shinji-types... And Gai comes off as a humongous DICK...

Sacred Seven is such a great anime btw; no "passive youth" in the spotlight, and the humongous DICK was the guy who turned out to be the REAL bad guy of the show.
Nov 28, 2011 5:26 PM

May 2010
Ohyama said:
We're stressing action and plot

Well you aren't doing a very good job of it.

Wada said:
Wada: One of the most important things is that we wanted to do an original series.

With what i have witnessed so far, it's not happening.

Yamamoto said:
There is, of course, a very big risk to doing a two-season show, and to doing something original. But if we go for one season, it'll just begin and end. So for this show, and from now on, we want to do more two-season shows.

Wada said:
So, from a studio's point of view, we wanted to create the next generation of anime with this show. With Ghost in the Shell, the main audience is twenties to thirties, but with Guilty Crown we're going for a younger audience.

I think even a younger audience wouldn't understand what on earth this is about. There are plenty twenty to thirty year-olds watching this show who probably don't have a clue what the story is. How dare he even put this piece of garbage in the same sentence with Ghost in the Shell?

Yamamoto said:
We're not trying to be like Geass. We didn't plan to take anything from it for this show. Actually, as for the setting, Code Geass is quite apart from, way beyond modern Japan. But for Guilty Crown, the situation is more natural. So we're not trying to do a similar plot. Of course, there are some similarities.

So is he implying that Japan actually have giant robots fighting like this? How is the situation more natural?

I have concluded that the writers of this show is as stupid as the characters in this show.

ConfuciusNov 28, 2011 5:36 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 28, 2011 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
anyone else find it kinda weird that when anything about guilty crown is posted Confucius is always there first. just something weird ive noticed

well that interview was average, creator seems kinda full of himself, i do find it funny he says originality when i can pretty much relate every last bit of the show back to eureka 7 alone plus many other shows on top of that
Tyrenol said:

Sacred Seven is such a great anime btw; .

pffffftt HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *passes out from lack of breath*

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2011 6:20 PM

Mar 2010
Confucius said:
I think even a younger audience wouldn't understand what on earth this is about. There are plenty twenty to thirty year-olds watching this show who probably don't have a clue what the story is. How dare he even put this piece of garbage in the same sentence with Ghost in the Shell?

I saw Ghost In The Shell when I was in my twenties. But the problem for me was that it's too low-key and slow.

But I agree. "Next generation of" anything requires that you stop living like a NEET and experience the outside world (before you create anything).

So is he implying that Japan actually have giant robots fighting like this? How is the situation more natural?

I thought that "controlling your giant robot by radio control" was an AWESOMAGE idea orz. Japan never ceases to amaze me with this.

Beats LETTING THE ROBOT CONTROL YOU. (Like that other crappy animu franchise I had to give my views on.)

Karhu said:
For fuck's sake.

Again; Where's My Anime Where The Shounen Lead Is There And Not Pansy-Ass?
Nov 28, 2011 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrenol said:

shu really didnt seem to be all that whiny in this weeks episode.....actually he was the one that wanted to go put himself in danger and didnt look worried at all while he was blocking a shit ton of missiles

i think we just had to wait for character development like.....all shounen characters pretty much, they are almost all whiney, useless, or all around unlikable at the start

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2011 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrenol said:

shu really didnt seem to be all that whiny in this weeks episode....

Anime OTHER THAN Guilty Crown, thankyouverymuch.

I want a legitimate reason to actually LIKE a shounen lead, not wait for "character development" to grow like grass.
Nov 28, 2011 6:30 PM
Nov 2011
Article said:

"We wanted to do an original series"

Haha. Good one.

I honestly think in the end, this show would be somewhat above average. So far, shit.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrenol said:

shu really didnt seem to be all that whiny in this weeks episode.....actually he was the one that wanted to go put himself in danger and didnt look worried at all while he was blocking a shit ton of missiles

i think we just had to wait for character development like.....all shounen characters pretty much, they are almost all whiney, useless, or all around unlikable at the start

Don't think I'll ever come to liking Shu. Any of the protagonists in this story actually. He didn't look worried at all but the background story behind all of it is shit. Yeah he's going to tag along with Gai now, because Gai said his goals. Even though they're the complete opposite in their views and everything. Also, a former terrorist given all of these rights. Mhm. :claps: Let's not forget the mediocore Call of Duty soldiers shooting at Inori.

Wada said:
So, from a studio's point of view, we wanted to create the next generation of anime with this show. With Ghost in the Shell, the main audience is twenties to thirties, but with Guilty Crown we're going for a younger audience.

Younger audience? Making a character just for fapservice, good job!

Confucious said:
I have concluded that the writers of this show is as stupid as the characters in this show.

Shu, Inori, Gai, Funeral Parlor and the military alike. You must be right.

KigenNov 28, 2011 6:34 PM
Nov 28, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrenol said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrenol said:

shu really didnt seem to be all that whiny in this weeks episode....

Anime OTHER THAN Guilty Crown, thankyouverymuch.

I want a legitimate reason to actually LIKE a shounen lead, not wait for "character development" to grow like grass.
wait wait wait.....your COMPLAINING about character development, dude character development is what makes characters good. they are usually best done when you hate the character at first, characters should be this way, characters need to have flaws they grow out of or else they are just boring.

i really question your guys logic half the time, cause you are complaining about the on existent flaws of guilty crown while ignoring the real ones, like saying its a code geass rip off when its actually a srip off a almost every other shounen BUT code geass and now complaining that shu is actually developing instead of being unnatural nd being a stone cold killer from the start, i think you guys have some sort of personal thing against this show like you wanted it to fail from the start, and threw away all logic trying to prove the show is bad

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 28, 2011 6:51 PM

Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
wait wait wait.....your COMPLAINING about character development, dude character development is what makes characters good. they are usually best done when you hate the character at first, characters should be this way, characters need to have flaws they grow out of or else they are just boring.

I suggest you go back in time and start watching the lot of movies, tv shows, on down. And when you're done; come back so we can a really comprehensive talk about "character development" instead of what you said in that paragraph above.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i really question your guys logic half the time,
Tyrenol said:

pffffftt HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *passes out from lack of breath*

Well, that's your problem right there.
Nov 28, 2011 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrenol said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I suggest you go back in time and start watching the lot of movies, tv shows, on down. And when you're done; come back so we can a really comprehensive talk about "character development" instead of what you said in that paragraph above.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i really question your guys logic half the time,
Tyrenol said:

Well, that's your problem right there.
i think the problem si you actually felt sacred seven was a good show, go watch scryed, theres your answer to all the thigns wrong with sacred and how sacred did have the potential to be a good show.....its called it could have been scryed

and im curious what you think character development is, character development implies personality changes and overcoming flaws, you cant have a flawless character progress,

name me any character that doesnt have flaws he overcomes over the course, and i mean development not reverse development like light in death note.

also im really nto going to believe anything you say about what makes a character good WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING HENTAI CHARACTER AS A FAVORITE and a strike witches as another too thats just insult to a brutal injury

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 28, 2011 7:09 PM

Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i think the problem si you actually felt sacred seven was a good show, go watch scryed, theres your answer to all the thigns wrong with sacred and how sacred did have the potential to be a good show.....its called it could have been scryed

I watched Scryed. Scryed was good. Sacred Seven is better.

(Seriously, folks. Try visiting my profile page and SEE the anime I watched before saying anything else. Or is that too much to ask from people who don't know how to type.)

And to honestly answer your question, I don't know what makes good character development. I know what makes "bad character development." You don't think it's a good enough reason? DEAL WITH IT. Or not.

When you HATE characters, you can't enjoy the show. (And vice versa to a certain extent.) It's THAT simple.
Nov 28, 2011 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
> Sacred Seven

> Great Anime

I LOL'd, thanks for the morning jokes. It made my day
Nov 28, 2011 8:11 PM
Nov 2011
LOL i just read this " the show is scheduled for two seasons" o thank god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day
Nov 29, 2011 4:47 AM

Apr 2010
Man Tyrenol, you must really hate this show to keep making so many threads about how bad it is.
Nov 29, 2011 7:24 AM

Mar 2010
Anzekay said:
Man Tyrenol, you must really hate this show to keep making so many threads about how bad it is.

There's A LOT of anime (especially in this season alone) that I'll end up hating. Because they're geared toward the otaku audience and not us normal / casual / "plot as oppose to PLOT" audience.

Guilty Crown deserves a special place in Hades' because of its act of betrayal upon those wanting something else other than what it's giving us. Being lied to... Being betrayed... It hurts, really.

And then there's the need for people on this side of the pond to promote these type of shows whilst they pretend that these other shows don't exist. That's also another form of betrayal that can't be forgiven.

It would've been nice if sheepleism and "otaku ignorance of the outside world" didn't rule Japan's animu industry, but hey.
Nov 29, 2011 8:31 AM

Mar 2011
thekiller99 said:
LOL i just read this " the show is scheduled for two seasons" o thank god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day

so you just knew it has 22 eps by now?? I thought this info has been out since the show started.
Nov 29, 2011 9:32 AM

May 2011
Tyrenol said:
Karhu said:
For fuck's sake.

Again; Where's My Anime Where The Shounen Lead Is There And Not Pansy-Ass

That was directed to GC creators. Some mod deleted my inappropriate post.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 29, 2011 10:56 AM

Nov 2010
I find these interview questions pretty good and accurate, pretty much what was spotted even on MAL after one or two episodes, and what must be a popular view overall.

The above posters already pointed the weak reasoning in few cases, but I still cant settle with Ryo's ( of Supercell ) green light on the engrish opening song. I didn't notice any vocaloid singing in engrish on his albums, neither Nagi doing so. Why, I ask. It's already proven there are female singers who can perform in english pretty well, look at Persona 3/4 music, TWEWY.

Yamamoto-san and company. Good luck with BDs.
Nov 29, 2011 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
"Insert copy and paste reasons why I rage, rant, and hate on this show. Insert thinly-veiled reason why I continue watching this show despite me not liking it, or avoid the question entirely. Use ad hominem to debunk and deface anyone that likes the show and refuses to agree this show sucks.*

And due to the lack of consistent and cosntant mdoeration, the moderators are legitimizing this sub-forum as a simple gutter of disproportionate hatred. Way to go.

Tyrenol, you give me a mighty fine migraine due to all of your pettiness. Positively appalling someone would actually keep watching a show they hate this much jsut to 'convert' more people to their side of the opinion spectrum.

As for the interview, nothing much. Though some of the things Yama said was lulz.

Tyrenol said:
Being lied to... Being betrayed... It hurts, really.

TrolololololGUILRTCROWNSUX ANIMUANIMU BEEN DOING THIS FOR A DECADE TROLOLOLOL.
Nov 29, 2011 1:21 PM

Aug 2011
Just thought I'd point out that a character doesn't have to be complete and utter unlikable garbage at the start to be able to undergo character development.

Also, I haven't seen Sacred Seven, but it's rated lower than School Days, so it MUST be bad. (Normally not one to judge just based on the average MAL rating, but that's pretty fucking bad.)
Nov 29, 2011 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
Tyrenol said:
Anzekay said:

There's A LOT of anime (especially in this season alone) that I'll end up hating. Because they're geared toward the otaku audience and not us normal / casual / "plot as oppose to PLOT" audience.

Guilty Crown deserves a special place in Hades' because of its act of betrayal upon those wanting something else other than what it's giving us. Being lied to... Being betrayed... It hurts, really.

And then there's the need for people on this side of the pond to promote these type of shows whilst they pretend that these other shows don't exist. That's also another form of betrayal that can't be forgiven.

It would've been nice if sheepleism and "otaku ignorance of the outside world" didn't rule Japan's animu industry, but hey.

Making threads over and over talking about how bad you think this show is seems kinda sad/pointless though.
Nov 29, 2011 3:05 PM

Mar 2010
DraconisMarch said:
I haven't seen Sacred Seven, but it's rated lower than School Days, so it MUST be bad. (Normally not one to judge just based on the average MAL rating, but that's pretty fucking bad.)

Because, you know. You should be your own judge and make your own decisions. That's the beauty of "individualism." I mean... I've yet to see what's so great about sheeplism and "huddling up in a group."

Anzekay said:
Making threads over and over talking about how bad you think this show is seems kinda sad/pointless though.

If that's the case, then making (and slobbering over) crap shows like Guilty Crown makes their creators and followers even worse.
Nov 29, 2011 5:09 PM

Apr 2011
Tyrenol said:

Because, you know. You should be your own judge and make your own decisions. That's the beauty of "individualism." I mean... I've yet to see what's so great about sheeplism and "huddling up in a group."

Your arguments confuse me, General. At one point you are angry because anime nowadays are "....geared toward the otaku audience and not us normal / casual / "plot as oppose to PLOT" audience." And yet you are still spouting about "The beauty of individualism"? Mashlow is rolling his eyes.

Are you sure you're not angry because anime nowadays are "....geared toward the otaku audience and not us US / Americans / NA audience."? *lifting one eyebrow*
Nov 29, 2011 5:13 PM

Apr 2010
I'm pretty sure that I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but you sound awfully hipster-ish, Tyrenol.
"I don't like what other people like so my tastes must be better!"
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 29, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
Tyrenol said:
DraconisMarch said:
I haven't seen Sacred Seven, but it's rated lower than School Days, so it MUST be bad. (Normally not one to judge just based on the average MAL rating, but that's pretty fucking bad.)

So is "individualism" your excuse for the following ratings?

Darker Than Black: 6
Higurashi + Kai: both 4
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 3
End of Evangelion: 1
Requiem for the Phantom: 4

As though these alone don't speak for themselves enough, you rated Yu-gi-oh a 6.

So are you, like, 8 years old? Your profile says you're 30+, but I find that extremely hard to believe when you put Yu-gi-oh on par with Darker Than Black, and deem it better than the rest of what I listed.

I don't think I can take you seriously anymore.
Nov 29, 2011 6:17 PM

Mar 2010
allflying said:
Your arguments confuse me, General.

That's what happens when you're closed-minded and you don't "think."

You're right about that " not us US / Americans / NA audience," though.

Salinga said:
I'm pretty sure that I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but you sound awfully hipster-ish, Tyrenol.

I'm too broke to be a "hipster." And the use of that word makes you worse than a hypocrite.

DraconisMarch said:
So is "individualism" your excuse...?

I've still yet to see how YOUR way works. Your insults aren't helping much either.

Maybe I'm right and the "polished turd" that's GODLY ANIMUTED and presented for all the world to see is STILL, no matter how GODLY the denial is, a turd. It's not like what I say is keeping this animu from being popular and gaining more popularity.

And really. "YOU DARE put Darker Than Black in the SAME TIER with Yu-Gi-Oh?!" If that's the best argument you can come up with, then you're at the wrong forum. The playground is over there; where the rest of the kids are.
Nov 29, 2011 6:28 PM

Aug 2011
Tyrenol said:
DraconisMarch said:
So is "individualism" your excuse...?

I've still yet to see how YOUR way works. Your insults aren't helping much either.

Don't know what this is even supposed to be addressing.

Tyrenol said:
Maybe I'm right and the "polished turd" that's GODLY ANIMUTED and presented for all the world to see is STILL, no matter how GODLY the denial is, a turd. It's not like what I say is keeping this animu from being popular and gaining more popularity.

Again, don't know what this is supposed to be addressing. I haven't said anything about GC in this thread except my comment about plot development. For your information, I've criticized this TONS in the episode discussion threads. So again, what you're on about, only you know.

Tyrenol said:
And really. "YOU DARE put Darker Than Black in the SAME TIER with Yu-Gi-Oh?!" If that's the best argument you can come up with, then you're at the wrong forum. The playground is over there; where the rest of the kids are.

The hypocrisy in this is just plain disgusting. YOU'RE telling ME to go to the playground when you love Yu-Gi-Oh--a markedly bad, especially childish shounen?

asldkfjalsdjfalsdkfeoiwurpiokhjkgbk gg jgjhsdkjh''

Sorry. That was me falling out of my chair laughing. I'm too lazy to delete it.
Nov 29, 2011 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
DraconisMarch said:
The hypocrisy in this is just plain disgusting. YOU'RE telling ME to go to the playground when you love Yu-Gi-Oh--a markedly bad, especially childish shounen?

Yeah. Whatever. Playground's over there, kid. Or do you need another grown-up to help you find it?
Nov 29, 2011 7:30 PM

Apr 2010
Tyrenol said:

I'm too broke to be a "hipster." And the use of that word makes you worse than a hypocrite.

Says the person using "sheeplism" and "animu".

Okay, then what does it make me?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 29, 2011 7:35 PM

Oct 2011
LOL... Tyr... next level asshole. Looks like you got the internet syndrome.

You seem to have the ability to turn every valid thread into a no man's land.

I'm not about to jump in, but I do feel like giving you yet another observation to not give a fuck about.
ideoidiomNov 29, 2011 8:32 PM
Nov 29, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
Tyrenol said:
DraconisMarch said:

Yeah. Whatever. Playground's over there, kid. Or do you need another grown-up to help you find it?

If that's the best argument you can come up with, you're in the wrong forum.

SOUND FAMILIAR?
Nov 29, 2011 8:22 PM
Nov 2011
I'd rate spongebob an 8. Why is everyone getting worked up? There's his profile you can hate on. This thread is for hating the show!
Nov 29, 2011 9:14 PM

Apr 2010
I think people are mostly just rolling their eyes at how quickly Tyrenol will jump on any chance to talk about how much he hates this show.

It's sort of weird.

But he is probably just a massive troll, that's about it.
Nov 29, 2011 9:26 PM

Oct 2011
Anzekay said:
I think people are mostly just rolling their eyes at how quickly Tyrenol will jump on any chance to talk about how much he hates this show.

It's sort of weird.

Hating GC is fun. It deserves the hate on multiple levels, which is why it's so easy (to the point where it's obvious)to make fun of it.

But enough's enough.

It gets old and repetitive. You're making fun of the same things over and over. It almost looks like its become somewhat of an obsession for him.

Go ahead and laugh at a racist joke once in awhile, don't go and commit a hate crime.
Nov 29, 2011 9:32 PM

Mar 2010
Anzekay said:
I think people are mostly just rolling their eyes at how quickly Tyrenol will jump on any chance to talk about how much he hates this show. It's sort of weird. But he is probably just a massive troll, that's about it.

It's called "keeping how bad something is in discussion. (Because not saying anything about it equates to acceptance.)"

I did this post out of the need to prove how ignorant these circus clowns are when it comes to the non-Japanese audience.

But you know. The kids who don't know where the playgrounds are, those who don't know how to type, those who can't prove that their favorite animu isn't as bad as people say it is (and rather focus on personal attacks)...

I can go on-and-on about having "opinions" and "nice things." But the hard-liner sheeple and kids who frequent MAL won't let the rest of us have that either.
Nov 29, 2011 9:35 PM

Mar 2010
ideoidiom said:
Go ahead and laugh at a racist joke once in awhile, don't go and commit a hate crime.

How about NO for "racist jokes" and "hate crimes."

But you're right. Enough is enough. I say we move on to anime that's NOT animu like Guilty Crown.

I'll start off with Ika Musume, Last Exile Fam, Phi Brain, NuraMago II, and SACRED SEVEN.
Nov 29, 2011 9:46 PM

Apr 2010
ideoidiom said:
Anzekay said:

It's sort of weird.

Hating GC is fun. It deserves the hate on multiple levels, which is why it's so easy (to the point where it's obvious)to make fun of it.

A lot of that is subjective though, which is why so many people come along and argue with him about it.

Which, along with all his insults and calling people 'kids', leads me to believe he's just a massive troll out for attention :P
Nov 29, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2011
I don't know. I've seen some pretty fair accusations against GC (I've made a few myself), and you guys never seem to have any satisfactory defense. If "we like this show no matter what you say" is the best you guys can do, then that really says a lot about the legitimacy of our claims.

K TYR don't start roasting Ika Musume just yet... I finally got around tolerating it.

That said, a peaceful forum is a boring forum, so, y'know, go nuts. Just make sure to be entertaining while you're at it.
Nov 29, 2011 10:21 PM

Apr 2010
No need to lump me in with the "we like this show no matter what" crew!
Nov 29, 2011 10:51 PM

Apr 2008
It wouldn't be so bad if Guilty Crown had sub-par animation (think DEEN) or even normal animation and some random dude composing the soundtrack, but no we have Production I.G. and one of the most popular bands in Japan among anime viewers which makes me even more disappointed at how crappy this show turned out to be.

22 episodes and it's just wasting time with doing nothing but crappy stereotyping (Dan Eagleman, seriously?) and fanservice (next episode), while No.6, AnoHana and the other 11 episode noitaminA series could have been amazing had they gotten more episodes. Seriously, i think it's fair to say Guilty Crown really bombed hard.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Nov 29, 2011 10:53 PM

Oct 2011
Expectations, expectations.
Nov 30, 2011 12:40 AM

Apr 2011
Tyrenol said:
allflying said:
Your arguments confuse me, General.

That's what happens when you're closed-minded and you don't "think."

You're right about that " not us US / Americans / NA audience," though.

Sorry, I'm retarded. Can't help about it ;p
But, for retarded person, I can clearly saw that your arguments are conflicting each other. How can we suppose to take that seriously?

Then, that is your own problem. Why are you insist on drinking milk tea while it so obvious that you hate it?

Anyway, the OP is clearly broken. We know already how bad this show is. And yet he still bashing it like there will be no tomorrow. LOLOL

ps: inb4 locked ;)
Nov 30, 2011 1:48 AM
Jan 2011
webkid94 said:
It wouldn't be so bad if Guilty Crown had sub-par animation (think DEEN) or even normal animation and some random dude composing the soundtrack, but no we have Production I.G. and one of the most popular bands in Japan among anime viewers which makes me even more disappointed at how crappy this show turned out to be.

22 episodes and it's just wasting time with doing nothing but crappy stereotyping (Dan Eagleman, seriously?) and fanservice (next episode), while No.6, AnoHana and the other 11 episode noitaminA series could have been amazing had they gotten more episodes. Seriously, i think it's fair to say Guilty Crown really bombed hard.

I have to agree. With such a amazing cast behind the series, what could go wrong? Seriously, if they think GC's popular they must be blindly daydreaming or something while staring at the ratings. I was expecting a good anime, not some crapped up anime where the story's super bland and cliche, boring characters with one gary stu ass, and pacing being poorly handled. It had the potential; but they just poured down into the drain.
The creators seem to be super biased on the anime because they don't appear to be ashamed or even disappointed of what they made.
Regardless I'll still watch it if it EVER redeems itself, which is less then 10% chance that the anime would.
And I thought this thread is for discussing the interview, not some troll fight :P
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Nov 30, 2011 4:11 AM

Aug 2011
webkid94 said:

Not really OT, but if AnoHana had had any more episodes, it actually would've turned out worse. There was really no room for any more story to be told. It bundled up nicely in one convenient package.

Anyway...

Tyrenol said:
Anzekay said:
I think people are mostly just rolling their eyes at how quickly Tyrenol will jump on any chance to talk about how much he hates this show. It's sort of weird. But he is probably just a massive troll, that's about it.

It's called "keeping how bad something is in discussion. (Because not saying anything about it equates to acceptance.)"

Mmmk. You're just a paranoid hippie. "FIGHT THE POWER, MAN!"

Tyrenol said:
But you know. The kids who don't know where the playgrounds are,

Hypocrite.

Tyrenol said:
those who don't know how to type,

Hypocrite.

Tyrenol said:
those who can't prove that their favorite animu isn't as bad as people say it is

Hypo-fucking-crite.

Tyrenol said:
I can go on-and-on about having "opinions" and "nice things." But the hard-liner sheeple and kids who frequent MAL won't let the rest of us have that either.

Fight that non-existent power, hippie man. Fight that non-existent power.

Oh and by the way, I don't know why you keep touting that sheeple nonsense as though it makes you sound intelligent. You should probably add some context and specify who exactly it is you're talking about in this current situation and why they're even important.
DraconisMarchNov 30, 2011 4:16 AM
Nov 30, 2011 8:10 AM

Sep 2010
Otsdarva said:
"Insert copy and paste reasons why I rage, rant, and hate on this show. Insert thinly-veiled reason why I continue watching this show despite me not liking it, or avoid the question entirely. Use ad hominem to debunk and deface anyone that likes the show and refuses to agree this show sucks.*

And due to the lack of consistent and cosntant mdoeration, the moderators are legitimizing this sub-forum as a simple gutter of disproportionate hatred. Way to go.

Tyrenol, you give me a mighty fine migraine due to all of your pettiness. Positively appalling someone would actually keep watching a show they hate this much jsut to 'convert' more people to their side of the opinion spectrum.

Well this is one of those "The haters are more childish and immature than the actual fanboys/regular fans of the series and think they are cool shit for bashing on it every week by making silly threads or replies".

I'm really am getting sick and tired of all these hater threads and haters of the haters thread. Its making us regular fans of the series annoyed when we just want to talk about the show.

As for Sacred Seven only thing that kept me there were the characters everything else was below average~average.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 30, 2011 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
webkid94 said:

This. Not only is Guilty Crown bad on its own, it's a huge disappointment (as opposed to something like Mashiroiro Symphony which we didn't expect anything from anyway) that wastes time and lots of money that much better shows don't get.

It's painful to know that this stuff passes as "original." And Ano Natsu is airing next season!
Jan 14, 2012 5:57 AM

Jul 2009
SquChan said:
(...)but I'll never see people like you as fans of animanga, because if you were you would never talk about anime like that.

What would you do, when someone promised you, let's say... new Ferrari, but gave you Fiat 126p instead? Rejoice? Hm.

Also, you have no right to criticize any anime/manga - if you do, you cannot be called anime/manga fan obviously. It's like criticizing Polish government would make me less Polish. LOL.
Jan 14, 2012 6:40 AM

Feb 2008
orzel286 said:
What would you do, when someone promised you, let's say... new Ferrari, but gave you Fiat 126p instead? Rejoice? Hm.

Faulty logic. You got something, so deal with it.

It's sad to see that people just can't enjoy anything due to expecting "a new Ferrari" every time. The animation is superb, so is the soundtrack, plot may not be perfect but it could've been worse. Not to mention judging the show half way through it is a bit silly...

And yes, if you diminish a rather good anime, it arouses some doubts whether you really enjoy it in general.
Jan 14, 2012 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
TheCorruptedOne said:

Faulty logic. You got something, so deal with it.

Yeah, you got something. It doesn't matter if it's not even close to what you were promised. That's why noone complained about Star Wars: Galaxies not being the greatest MMO or the best game in SW franchise. Sorry, my mistake.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.