Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2008 3:44 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
and its over. it was a satisfying end i guess. I loved how it went into the future a bit.

Overall, this was quite the surpise. I did not expect HW to go in such a direction. Gets a 7 from me.
Aug 5, 2008 8:57 AM
Jan 2008
Good chapter, typical ending for a romance manga, but the last few volumes you would'nt expect to have been a romance manga lol. Saying that, at the start it was a typical romance manga, seemed like every other one out there, until you get to the middle of the manga and bam, the story does a total 180 and gets serious.
Don't think anyone who read it from the start expected the manga to go this direction, hits you like a train, and you just don't see it coming. Good manga, given it an 8.

Aug 5, 2008 10:24 AM

Feb 2007
What a ride. Although, I expected more of a struggle with Isra. Then she just...disappeared. Guess she went down with her Shadowman?

Hikaru and Michiru's father still a bear.
Satoko can't fly with her powers?
Wonder what happened to Nell's left eye during the battle.
Prayer's hair...wraps around under her chin?
Yay for Yuria and Shishio Maruyama.

I'm going to miss reading this and waiting for the new chapters.
AsrialysAug 5, 2008 10:57 AM
Aug 5, 2008 1:58 PM

Jun 2007
A really fun read. Sure there were some weaker chapters, but overall a VERY enjoyable manga. The ending worked I guess. Now I'm curious what other crazy series the author has in store for us.
Aug 5, 2008 3:37 PM
Jan 2008
i dont get the end, did he marry elle? or who was that rlly short person....i forget....
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Aug 5, 2008 3:39 PM

Feb 2007
That was Yuria right after marrying Shishio Maruyama. Elle appeared just in time to catch the bouquet.
Aug 5, 2008 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
this is actually an interesting way to theorize life o.o
cycle of rebirth to end hatred (which prob isn't true in reality because hate spawns everytime a 12 year old goes on the internet)

<3 the ending.
Aug 5, 2008 7:07 PM

Apr 2008
It was nice, overall, kinda sad to see Isra go though (at least I'm assuming she's gone).
Aug 5, 2008 7:22 PM
Jan 2008
ok...and whos yuria?
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Aug 5, 2008 7:33 PM

Feb 2007
renjikuchiki1 said:
ok...and whos yuria?

Little girl with health problems. Had to get surgery. Girlfriend of Maruyama.
Aug 5, 2008 10:12 PM

May 2008
Well I found it an enjoyable read. I also am happy with the ending. I do think they could have spent more time on Yuria and Maruyama though, I always found their scenes funny.
Aug 6, 2008 10:28 AM
Jan 2008
Asrialys said:
renjikuchiki1 said:
ok...and whos yuria?

and who is he again?
ATHF
Aug 6, 2008 10:51 AM

Feb 2007
renjikuchiki1 said:
Asrialys said:
renjikuchiki1 said:
ok...and whos yuria?

and who is he again?

You've been reading this manga, right? Maruyama is the Japanese-American who roller blades. He develops feelings for Yuria after the incident on the boat when Isra woke up. He builds a giant monument of snow of him and Yuria kissing. He alone makes 1000 paper cranes for Yuria before she leaves for her operation.
Aug 6, 2008 3:57 PM

Jun 2007
Not to mention flipping a freaking car over, and confessing his love for her ;)
Aug 7, 2008 10:01 PM

Aug 2007
That was the stupidest manga I have ever read.
The plot kept jumping around...what the hell was it? A romance manga? An action manga? Make up your damn minds.
I give it a 4 just because it entertained me for a bit.
Aug 12, 2008 7:03 AM
Jan 2008
oh so Takeshi didnt get married?
ATHF
Aug 12, 2008 4:14 PM

Feb 2007
Not in the manga.
Aug 22, 2008 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
Just one thing is confusing me here, Elle and Takeshi are half bro and sis aren't they same moter after all or is different for angels since they produce asexually.
Sep 15, 2008 6:13 AM

Feb 2007
Seanpb said:
Just one thing is confusing me here, Elle and Takeshi are half bro and sis aren't they same moter after all or is different for angels since they produce asexually.

They're technically related. But who really cares lol. The representation of relationships in the manga was pretty warped to begin with. Hikaru and Michiru's father's a bear!
Oct 21, 2008 4:53 PM
Oct 2008
The only thing that really bothered me was that the beginning of the series plainly states that angels do not reincarnate. As it turns out, apparently they do. Oops.

I don't think Isra died. It is a fair assumption that Elle regained her memories at the end and seemed pretty happy. If the Shadowman ate her goddamn sister, it's also not a very happy end. Her sister, who's really just guilty of watching her mother get murdered, getting her soul eaten does not really mesh in with the rest of the almost sickeningly upbeat ending. (If you get eaten by the Shadowman... you don't come back. You will never be reborn again.)
Dec 18, 2008 12:30 AM
Dec 2008
I think Takeshita left the end intentionally vague. After all, its a Happy World! you determine what that is to you.
Was it fitting for Isra to survive when she was the cause of so much death and pain? If so, could she be somewhere on earth with her terrible memories expunged, to make for herself a new life? Sure.
Did she sacrifice her life/soul saving her sister, and God's world/child along with it, to expiate her guilt and end her own pain? That is possible too.

Or maybe something in a shade of gray between the two. Again its a Happy World! So I know what happened, heh! *wink*
Dec 21, 2008 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
Masterpiece manga, I loved it. Fucking awesome ending, too.
May 31, 2009 12:31 PM

Oct 2008
It was a great manga, it had romance, action and an excelent mesage at the end.
I loved the "happy ending" and think that Isra really died but with the cycle of the reincarnation she comes back someday like what happen to Millael.
Sep 3, 2009 10:35 AM

Aug 2009
the ending was amazing, I didn't expect that Millael would reincarnate. And the wedding... jaja, Maruyama y Yuria were the most funny couple.
I love this manga!!!

Dec 21, 2009 12:32 PM

Dec 2008
Good end to a great series.

- The world was saved
- The book saying that even angel could reincarnate and about the theory about reincarnation
- Takeshi taking Prayer along to find Elle
- Shishio and Yuria getting married
- The reunion of the characters in the end (they even found Elle whom arrived at the end)

Though curious as to Isra's whereabouts. Other than that the ending was as the title stated a "Happy End" indeed.
Apr 23, 2010 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
is prayer there daughter? aren't they siblings ... and even if they aren't didn't they already tell every one they was ... and did elle lose her memories? what happened to isya? this manga started getting really serious towards the end ...

ah well ... a happy ending ... i think? O.o
Apr 30, 2010 10:50 PM

Aug 2006
Also curious as to what happened to Isra.

And.... was that one page trying to say that the president of the US is God reincarnate..? And why was he calling Palmekia to request a meeting? It wasn't supposed to the the US fighting in the Middle East all that time, was it? I assumed with a name like "Isuldan" or whatever it was that it was supposed to be Israel. And they even said "America" once, so that doesn't make sense, unless that was a translator's error.

Great manga, but the ending was a bit too vague for me, just left more unanswered questions, particularly because I can't tell it was actually implying a few things or if it was just my imagination.

Going to have to digest the ending for a while before I score this.
Nov 30, 2010 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
wow...what a rush. that was good reading. the later chapters took a different turn but anyways. this is another one to remember. i hope they would make a full length anime but oh well.
Dec 20, 2010 1:08 AM
Dec 2009
Okay, so Isra's probably not dead if elle's alive, seeing as they were doing that joint union thing and probably sharing battle stats and stuff.
And yes, elle and takeshita are brother and sister. not even half, full blown out brother and sister.
But the thing is, their kid wasn't made via sex, it happened when they joined their bodies and then got sliced up.
(Also, that kid is the reincarnation of their mother)
Furthermore, there's no real indication of any further romantic relations with them. I mean, I hug people all the time without shagging them, so why not right?
So in the end.
THis series feels like a serious seinen manga with a typical shounen harem up front to bait lonely teenage boys.
Well it sure as hell got me.
It starts off with a bit of innocence, then adds a bit of blood then adds a bit of nipple and then blam. dude 's shaggin his secretary. It's practically (basically) hentai.
Thing is, this manga looks like a bug that the mangaka couldn't squish. It just went wild until the end.
SO DISORGANIZED!!but it was good, so yeah.
5 out of 10
because it was that WTF.

Beh, I shouldn't be reading so much manga. It sounds like I think I know what I'm doing.
Feb 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
While the ending was pretty impressive, I can't help but feel that the series as a whole was a bit wild. There was some serious fluctuations as to whether or not I liked the characters. Takeshi was a bit unappealing (especially in the beginning with his childishness) and his father was a bit annoying. I didn't particularly care for Hikaru or Michiru.

Fortunately, Yuria and Maruyama was possibly the cutest couple I have ever seen in a manga and Sanae was consistently awesome.

Ending: 9/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Feb 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Jun 2014
-Elle looks tan and her hair was brownish. I think she and Isra merged. I wonder if she's an angel or just a normal human. She wanted to be human after all.
-Sanae and her died husband oftenly meet?

7/10 nice ending , we need more incest. Lolz
Jun 5, 2015 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty much expected ending. I felt like the past two chapters were kinda rushed though. But still, nice closer chapter considering with everything that was build up to this point.

Hikari best girl.
Oct 6, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2010
It was a wild ride. The author kept changing his priority and genre over the 6 years since it's a monthly series. Started out like a typical harem with no progress every chapter. But it gradually shifted gears and made the story much deeper and meaningful. Each chapter made a permanent change in the world making fewer cliches along the way.

I personally loved the change.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.

More topics from this board

» Does the main character ever stop beating his Waifu?

DanoTheFano - Nov 11, 2017

0 by DanoTheFano »»
Nov 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Poll: » Happy World! Chapter 29 Discussion

therubicon - Mar 25, 2010

1 by Stark700 »»
Jun 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Poll: » Happy World Chapter 48 Discussion

Asrialys - Jul 11, 2008

5 by blessofcurse »»
Feb 25, 2015 10:44 PM

Poll: » Happy World! Chapter 30 Discussion

blessofcurse - Feb 25, 2015

0 by blessofcurse »»
Feb 25, 2015 4:56 PM

Poll: » Happy World Chapter 27 Discussion

Celestz - Oct 6, 2008

1 by blessofcurse »»
Feb 25, 2015 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.