Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 23, 2011 1:36 AM

Oct 2007
chromerokudo61 said:
No...Ukitake was one of my favourites! I can't believe the SS would do that to Ichigo! If other people like Rukia and Renji were in on this (which I hope they're not), then I'll never forgive them. EVER.

Can't wait to see Ichigo's bankai! I hope he pwns Ginjo and screws the SS over.

You mean you want Ichigo to simply kick everyone's ass?

I really love to see that happen! LOL! But i doubt it will. :(

kisami said:
it didn't really matter who the culprit is. this manga is really not that much fun to read. the plot is not that engaging.

So do yourself a favor and quit reading. Nobody forces you to read something thats not engaging for you.

Let's compare Ichigo with Ginjou.

Both met friends while they were substitutes. Tsukishima seems to be the closest friend ever to Ginjou, something like Ishida i'd say.

It's like there's a breach in the container of power and then people start soaking into it and gain their own share of abilities. o.o

The Fullbringers all have an item to rely on where they keep their power ... but funny enough Ichigo keeps his power in the badge which is used to monitor and restrain him so he rather seems under full control of the shinigami society.

See Ginjou has more of a free will than Ichigo has. Once he learned about a certain something (truth that hasnt been told yet) he wasn't restrained by a badge or something like Ichigo can be restrained ...
So the revelation hasn't been revealed yet. Ginjou dosn't lie, but he hasn't told the entire truth yet.

What goes on in Ichigo's head? Why yell shut up and then go bankai? He told Ishida to shut up didn't he? Which looks as if he agrees with Ginjou. Then he goes bankai, which looks as if he is against Ginjou ... so what the hell???

The only explanation i can come up with right after having read the chapter is that Ichigo believes Ginjou to some extent and wants to either practice a bit his power to be able to stand a chance against the newly declared enemy or to make Ginjou prove to him his claims ... or maybe he was just testing his powers without the badge?

-------------------

Well then since:
- Ginjou and Tsuki are close friends
- Byakuya knows the truth and calls Tsuki, Ichigo's enemy
- Ginjou presents himself as an ally to Ichigo

Shouldn't one conclude that Ginjou is a liar? But then again, i believe Ginjou has a good reason to fight the SS ... so what the hell???
JudgeRuthlessNov 23, 2011 2:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2007
Avalie said:
OK for what it's worth, this 'revelation' isn't really a revelation at all. Everyone already knows that SS controls ALL its shinigamis when they leave SS, because their high spiritual powers will set the material world into an imbalance. Nothing is surprising so why is every character in there acting as if it's such a huge revelation, including Ishida? Their eyeballs are all O_O O_O O_O!!! !!! Having a monitoring device does not lead to the conclusion that your friends are leaving you to die. What sort of stupid logic is that? Sigh. And Ukitake being the evil person? I'm never buying that.

Ginjou's 'truth' is lame. So it has to be a lie, right? So what is the REAL truth? People spent one week waiting for 'the truth' and then it turns out this chapter isn't 'it'. Kubo, stop wasting time and get to the point! I'm sick of Ginjou, his hair and his ridiculous outfit.

1 . Its not the full truth. Urahara would not be nervous for such a simple stuff. Also Ginjou was INTERRUPTED by Ichigo, so I guess Ginjou wastes ichigo's bankai next chapter (since Ichigo released first) and continues talking.

2. Ishida was not scared about the truth itself that moment. he was nervous on how KUROSAKI himself will react to that. The guy went through two betrayals in this arc already(one being fake by everyone and one by ginjou). He is not exactly in a stable position to hear out YET ANOTHER betrayal story.

Wasabi said:
So... what? Was Aizen in on it the whole time? Or was he not aware of Ukitake's "plan"? Was it all part of SS's "big picture" to have Ukitake slip him the badge and Aizen purposely turn himself into a villain for the master plan? Was the rest of the divisions in on it too? Were Rukia and the rest completely duped or did they full acknowledge this plan? Why didn't Urahara mention anything or was he a SS plant all along? Keikaku doori for SS the whole time? God I hope not. It'll just seem like another "I made you into what you are" ass pull like with Aizen.

No. You see, Aizen or no Aizen. Ichigo would still get the badge had he survived. Ukitake just most likely have spewed different reasoning like "take this, this will shield you from being located by SS forces when in real world" or something.

icegenie said:

Im guessing that Ginjo became 'bad' in Soul Society's viewpoint and hence some conflict happened.

My guess is that Ginjou learned something about SS(just like Urahara and Aizen did) and SS then bassically destroyed his life trying to take him down for that knowledge.

Explicitz said:
Took him long enough to unleash his Bankai. Another 20 chapters and we might see his Hollow Mask take form.

Except that Ichigo going bankai now means Ginjou is way stronger. :)

kimchuy said:
IMO, I think those weren't the "whole" big twist of the story. I could say, Ginjo spewed half or maybe 1/4 of the truth. As Ishida said, "The worst scenario is if neither of those were true". We just can't assume that what this chapter had offered is the big f**king twist". I also want to hear the SS side of the story...and what are Isshin's thoughts, especially Urahara's?

For this chapter, I love the ending...can't wait to see Ichigo's bankai. Is it "the same", or different?

^

this.

Ichigo bassically interrupted Ginjou''s speech.l We will learn more.
Nov 23, 2011 2:27 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
icegenie said:

Im guessing that Ginjo became 'bad' in Soul Society's viewpoint and hence some conflict happened.

My guess is that Ginjou learned something about SS(just like Urahara and Aizen did) and SS then bassically destroyed his life trying to take him down for that knowledge.

But the thing is Ichigo relies his powers on the badge, while Ginjou relies his powers on that crucifix. So Ginjou was able to avoid being controlled, while Ichigo can be restrained!

So then Ginjou i believe has to first help Ichigo get rid of that restraining device and then he can decide if he should join side with Ginjou ...

Please let me know what you think about my opinions that i wrote into my post before your post. Was editing while you posted so not sure you've read my theories. I got some questions in there which you might have some reasonable answers for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2011 2:45 AM

Jul 2007
Peralisc said:

You mean you want Ichigo to simply kick everyone's ass?

This is the most logical route and I bet we will go this route before Soul king arc. I am smelling some TTGL style of stuff there with Ichigo first having to "weed out" ss so to say before everyone and SS included can band against Sking/RoyalGuads/ZerothSquad.

Peralisc said:
The Fullbringers all have an item to rely on where they keep their power ... but funny enough Ichigo keeps his power in the badge which is used to monitor and restrain him so he rather seems under full control of the shinigami society.

that migh tbe true with FB ichigo , but not now. Ichigo has internal power source now. All he needs is to sever a tie with the badge somehow, like Ginjou did iI bet (he still keeps the badge yet no one can locate him?)

Peralisc said:

See Ginjou has more of a free will than Ichigo has. Once he learned about a certain something (truth that hasnt been told yet) he wasn't restrained by a badge or something like Ichigo can be restrained ...

Frankly I see ichigo more as AizenJr.
- He is a genius in combat.
- He mastered a lot of hard-to-master shit very fast and can be unrivalled in power.
- Now he is possibly learning the very same truth that Made Aizen go all "fuck up SS, lets do it yay".
- There's a very interesting symbolism parallels between both Ichigo and Aizen - the whole sun cross and "divinity" aspect to their powers, their "forms", etc.

In my Eyes, Aizen is the typical "fallen/corrupted hero". Someone who had a very good intentions, but lost the correct means along the way. As I said at the end of Aizen's sealing, Aizen, IMO, will serve as a "{mirror" for ichigo, to show the way he should not go and as I said then i predict that Ichigo will be forced to make decisions about SS that parallel what happened in Aizen's past.

Peralisc said:

So the revelation hasn't been revealed yet. Ginjou dosn't lie, but he hasn't told the entire truth yet.

Obviously. Ichigo interrupted Ginjou with his bankai stuff. Betting Ginjou will waste him(them) next chapter and continue to talk.

Peralisc said:

What goes on in Ichigo's head? Why yell shut up and then go bankai? He told Ishida to shut up didn't he? Which looks as if he agrees with Ginjou. Then he goes bankai, which looks as if he is against Ginjou ... so what the hell???

As Ishida feared, Ichigo is a bit unstable.

- First of all ginjou pretty much convinced that urahara/isshin betrayed him, then had his own friends and family be manipulated to fight him.
- THEN GINJOU betrayed him.(which pretty much made him break down completely)
- And now apparently is reveal that everyone in SS he know WERE betraying him and manipulating him for some purpose.

Current Ichigo's state is basically:

EDIT:

Also finally this page makes more sense than before:

Also, ukitake is the one who sent rukia to human world in the first place...

remember aizen isshin dialogue after aizen says about rukia's placement in real world being purposeful and Isshin interrupts with saying he said too much? and aizen notes the convenient appearance of isshin?

Also this makes me have doubts on how Kaien's death happened, to be exact was Ukitake TRULY "too sick' to fight the hollow there or if he wanted Kaien, possibly part of the kurosaki bloodline(old speculation considering the whole noble houses stuff of shiba) to be gone?
And Ukitake somehow had tools form noble families to destroy sokyoku?
AhenshihaelNov 23, 2011 3:28 AM
Nov 23, 2011 2:45 AM
Nov 2010
Fai said:

1 . Its not the full truth. Urahara would not be nervous for such a simple stuff. Also Ginjou was INTERRUPTED by Ichigo, so I guess Ginjou wastes ichigo's bankai next chapter (since Ichigo released first) and continues talking.

2. Ishida was not scared about the truth itself that moment. he was nervous on how KUROSAKI himself will react to that. The guy went through two betrayals in this arc already(one being fake by everyone and one by ginjou). He is not exactly in a stable position to hear out YET ANOTHER betrayal story.

1. Like I said, the 'truth' is lame because it's NOT surprising. Also note that I used apostrophes in my previous post and also now.

2. I did not say Ishida was scared. I was saying why were they acting so SURPRISED, including Ishida. If after over 400 chapters Ichigo chooses to believe Ginjou, the person who has just expressly betrayed him after 2 weeks, over the bonds he had built with his SS friends over 2 years who have repeatedly saved him in HM and NOW, then he fails. It just shows he has learned absolutely nothing from his fighting encounters and verbal exchanges with Aizen. Yes, it's so traumatic for him to have gone through 'two' betrayals. He should get over himself and stop feeling victimised.
Nov 23, 2011 2:58 AM

May 2010
After all Ichigo went through and he got cheated now that is cold !!
Nov 23, 2011 3:04 AM

Aug 2011
great chapter.
Nov 23, 2011 3:10 AM

Oct 2007
Avalie said:
Fai said:

1. Like I said, the 'truth' is lame because it's NOT surprising. Also note that I used apostrophes in my previous post and also now.

2. I did not say Ishida was scared. I was saying why were they acting so SURPRISED, including Ishida. If after over 400 chapters Ichigo chooses to believe Ginjou, the person who has just expressly betrayed him after 2 weeks, over the bonds he had built with his SS friends over 2 years who have repeatedly saved him in HM and NOW, then he fails. It just shows he has learned absolutely nothing from his fighting encounters and verbal exchanges with Aizen. Yes, it's so traumatic for him to have gone through 'two' betrayals. He should get over himself and stop feeling victimised.

I think he means that Ichigo goes insane right now, because there's too much crap he has to put up with lately. Which does explain why some in here think he will start kicking everyone's ass and be like a sort of Hulk ... LOL!
Nov 23, 2011 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
Peralisc said:

I think he means that Ichigo goes insane right now, because there's too much crap he has to put up with lately. Which does explain why some in here think he will start kicking everyone's ass and be like a sort of Hulk ... LOL!

Not insane but unstable.

He is basically "WTF DO I DO" and does not know neither what to feel nor what to do or say and its easier to just shout shut up to everyone and lash out at ginjou.

He will cool down eventually in chapter or two and either ginjou or Urahara will continue talking. he is just incapable to handle yet another "oh shit everyone betrayed me" plot after two happened before within less than a week of time.
Nov 23, 2011 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
DarthObsidian said:
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".

i agree this maybe just an exploit or excuse of Kubo to the story to make it more longer but lets see if this will keep us more entertained lol
Nov 23, 2011 3:50 AM
Jun 2008
Well i guess you really can't trust the calm and collective characters. Was a bit of a deja vu for me seeing Ukitake as the culprit. Therefor i'm not really that shocked like I was with Aizen's 'betrayal'(coming to his senses).

Though I wonder what Yamamoto does in all of this, he should be the top dog of soul society. Anyway really looking forward to the full truth. Maybe i'll even skip this part of the manga so i can be surprised in the anime like the good old days...
Nov 23, 2011 3:53 AM

Mar 2010
Linkark07 said:
Heh... I was expecting something better. But isn't that the same with any shinigami that goes to the real world? Yamamoto and Central 46 must monitor them and restrict their powers in case if they start going into a rampage.

Yeah i thought so too.
Arashi89 said:
Really?! That is your big twist Kubo?! The shinigami badge is actually A FUCKING GPS?!

Fuck this shit, I'm not in the mood for mocking it.

Haha love this comment XD
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Nov 23, 2011 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
Stupid shit. Seriously Kubo should stop with all the surprised faces drawing. They where making faces like he told him that SS killed his mother or something. So what if it was a fucking monitor device? The guy had a captains power and was a human not under the command of SS. SS has a duty to perform so i don't see what's the big deal if they want to keep taps on him. That doesn't mean they ain't his friends or anything. It means absolutely nothing. Is not a betrayal is not anything and making those stupid over-surprised faces or drawing Ukitake in the shadows like some evil dude and having Ginjo talking with a style like he unleashed the biggest conspiracy ever and telling him that he shouldn't be fighting him is absolutely ridiculous. Ishida making overcomplicated too much of thinking about nothing also.
Normally by their laws a creature like him shouldn't exist anyway. The fact that they let him get on with his life and simply monitor him just to be safe shows that they pretty much are ok with him.

And us as readers didn't we already pretty much knew this shit since no one really had any idea what that badge was? Wasn't rather obvious that SS will want to know what the hell his up-to when they monitor generally everyone?

In further news little Jorge(an elementary school kid) discovered that his parents didn't really give him a cell phone so he can be as cool as the other kids but because they actually wanted to be able to check up on him. The HUGE revelation has brought panic to little Jorge and his friend faces. DAMN THOSE EVIL PARENTS!! They never loved him!!! Should little Jorge now fight and kill his evil parents?
Lol give me a fucking break.
Nov 23, 2011 4:50 AM

Feb 2011
My face literally looked like -.-'' through the whole chapter, until the end that is...finally Ichigo does something right.
Nov 23, 2011 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
go ichigo finally you do f*** that s*** mode!!!!

I hope the new bankai will be awesome :D
Nov 23, 2011 5:14 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
Also this makes me have doubts on how Kaien's death happened, to be exact was Ukitake TRULY "too sick' to fight the hollow there or if he wanted Kaien, possibly part of the kurosaki bloodline(old speculation considering the whole noble houses stuff of shiba) to be gone?

Now that you mentioned it, I'm also having doubts on Kaien's death. It was "too" convenient when Ukitake's sickness struck him at the moment he attacked Metastacia, that was fused with Kaien at that time.

Also, I was quite bothered by the description Tite Kubo gave to Kaien Shiba in Bleach Official Character Book Souls..."Kaien values friendship above everything else. His spirit of kindness lingers on today"...hmmm, sounds like Ichigo??? It was also stated that Ichigo closely resembles Kaien in appearance. Byakuya Kuchiki has also noted the resemblance.

And there's the former noble house of the Shiba clan. What happened to the clan once revered as the 5th noble family, having prestige along the lines of the Kuchiki and Shihoin family; and now only has 2 surviving members??? Is this part of Ukitake's agenda???

Fai said:

That also...Ukitake and Kyoraku used the Shihoin Shield to destroy the Sokyoku, right? However, the status of the Shihoin clan after Yoruichi's defection is still unknown. So, it's still vague as to how they (especially Ukitake) acquired the shield.
KimRiParkNov 23, 2011 5:23 AM
Nov 23, 2011 5:22 AM

Jul 2007
reaght said:
Well i guess you really can't trust the calm and collective characters. Was a bit of a deja vu for me seeing Ukitake as the culprit. Therefor i'm not really that shocked like I was with Aizen's 'betrayal'(coming to his senses).

Actually when I think about it, THE TIMING of Aizen deciding to act is also interesting now.
The ukitake dialogue back then seemed like Aizen messed up some sort of plan somehow with his actions. And then Aizen calls ukitake arrogant.

reaght said:
Though I wonder what Yamamoto does in all of this, he should be the top dog of soul society. Anyway really looking forward to the full truth. Maybe i'll even skip this part of the manga so i can be surprised in the anime like the good old days...

he follows orders. EVERYONE in ss follows orders. The problem is that orders and laws of ss are based upon a feudal japan society, which is basically authoritarian military state suppressing everything the ideals and laws hold bad.

The wholepoint of all arcs so far was that while SS has decent people and likeable captain members, THE SYSTEM ITSELF is "evil".
kimchuy said:
Fai said:

Now that you mentioned it, I'm also having doubts on Kaien's death. It was "too" convenient when Ukitake's sickness struck him at the moment he attacked Metastacia, that was fused with Kaien at that time.

Also, I was quite bothered by the description Tite Kubo gave to Kaien Shiba..."Kaien values friendship above everything else. His spirit of kindness lingers on today"...hmmm, sounds like Ichigo??? It was also stated that Ichigo closely resembles Kaien in appearance. Byakuya Kuchiki has also noted the resemblance.

And there's the former noble house of the Shiba clan. What happened to the clan once revered as the 5th noble family, having prestige along the lines of the Kuchiki and Shihoin family; and now only has 2 surviving members??? Is this part of Ukitake's agenda???

Fai said:

That also...Ukitake and Kyoraku used the Shihoin Shield to destroy the Sokyoku, right? However, the status of the Shihoin clan after Yoruichi's defection is still unknown. So, it's still vague as to how they (especially Ukitake) acquired the shield.

Thats not all.

rukia was sent to human world before by ukitake
she had her memory erased about it
Nov 23, 2011 5:31 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

Thats not all.

What the heck!!! What chapter was this??? I totally missed this part.
Nov 23, 2011 5:33 AM

Aug 2007
Great chapter. Though... Ukitake? Seriously? I hope this isn't just something Kubo thought of on the spot to surprise us
Nov 23, 2011 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
kimchuy said:
Fai said:

Thats not all.

What the heck!!! What chapter was this??? I totally missed this part.

Its chapter 0

it was released after SS arc ended and covers character lives BEFORE chapter 1 - aka how rukia gets to human world, how ichigo meets that ghost, etc.

SIDE-A deals with human world side.
SIDE-B deals with supernatural side characters.

Side chapters in bleach tend to have some very interesting stuff sometimes(for example Mizuiro-centric side chapter which has yet to be explained)
Nov 23, 2011 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

Its chapter 0
Side chapters in bleach tend to have some very interesting stuff sometimes(for example Mizuiro-centric side chapter which has yet to be explained)

Really? Now I'm starting to doubt my Bleach knowledge. May as well re-read it starting from Chapter 0. I think I'll start right away. =) BTW, thanks for the trivia, Fai.

Risa_chan said:
Great chapter. Though... Ukitake? Seriously? I hope this isn't just something Kubo thought of on the spot to surprise us

Ukitake had ulterior motives as early as Chapter 0!!! So, it's not really something that Kubo thought on the spot. Please refer on the posts above, especially Fai's posts. ^
Nov 23, 2011 6:00 AM

Feb 2010
Nice chapter.
I want to see Ichigo's bankai :3
Nov 23, 2011 6:04 AM

Feb 2010
Monad said:
Stupid shit. Seriously Kubo should stop with all the surprised faces drawing. They where making faces like he told him that SS killed his mother or something. So what if it was a fucking monitor device? The guy had a captains power and was a human not under the command of SS. SS has a duty to perform so i don't see what's the big deal if they want to keep taps on him. That doesn't mean they ain't his friends or anything. It means absolutely nothing. Is not a betrayal is not anything and making those stupid over-surprised faces or drawing Ukitake in the shadows like some evil dude and having Ginjo talking with a style like he unleashed the biggest conspiracy ever and telling him that he shouldn't be fighting him is absolutely ridiculous. Ishida making overcomplicated too much of thinking about nothing also. 
Normally by their laws a creature like him shouldn't exist anyway. The fact that they let him get on with his life and simply monitor him just to be safe shows that they pretty much are ok with him. 

And us as readers didn't we already pretty much knew this shit since no one really had any idea what that badge was? Wasn't rather obvious that SS will want to know what the hell his up-to when they monitor generally everyone? 

In further news little Jorge(an elementary school kid) discovered that his parents didn't really give him a cell phone so he can be as cool as the other kids but because they actually wanted to be able to check up on him. The HUGE revelation has brought panic to little Jorge and his friend faces. DAMN THOSE EVIL PARENTS!! They never loved him!!! Should little Jorge now fight and kill his evil parents?

Haters will always be haters.

We as audience see a clearer picture than the characters in the story. We have the luxury to flip back past chapters and look at everyone's perspective. So please think before saying things like 'why is everyone looking so shocked when everything is so obvious?!?' Ishida doesn't know much about ukitake. Nor is he making things too complicated. These are questions that most readers will ask. And this means that the answers to these questions will be provided later. Ichigo din think much about the badge either. He doesn't think too much of his role as a substitute Shinigami. All he wants to do is to protect his friends and family.

Plus him being 'surprised' doesn't mean that he doubts his friends. He is most probably 'surprised' because he would never think that he would hear such words (regarding his friends) being uttered.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Ichigo hates it when people badmouth about his friends. Probably the sole reason that caused him to go into rage mode. I wouldn't believe that he let what Ginjo say get in his head because he knows that there are things that he doesn't want to tell even the people he trust and of cos the same people will have things that they feel is better not to tell him (yet). Rmb the conversations Ichigo and Rukia had before fighting Fisher, and also Ichigo and his dad while fighting Aizen...

Andddd this new revelation about Ukitake makes my crazy guess last week seem more possible now... LOL!
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 23, 2011 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
DarthObsidian said:
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".
Seriously, it's not like they're out to murder him, they just have to be careful. Other shinigami are monitored too...

Compared to the sort of things Soul Society has been embroiled in in the past, this is really nothing at all. I hope Kubo has something a little more shocking planned for the "true" reveal.
amayadoriNov 23, 2011 6:18 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 23, 2011 6:15 AM

Feb 2010
DarthObsidian said:

Another person who assumed that this is the 'big revelation' when not confirmed by Kubo or any other Bleach sources. Then they go 'what?! This is it?!' , get disappointed. And then takes it out on Kubo. Typical..
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 23, 2011 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
kimchuy said:
Fai said:

Its chapter 0

Really? Now I'm starting to doubt my Bleach knowledge. May as well re-read it starting from Chapter 0. I think I'll start right away. =) BTW, thanks for the trivia, Fai.

Risa_chan said:

Ukitake had ulterior motives as early as Chapter 0!!! So, it's not really something that Kubo thought on the spot. Please refer on the posts above, especially Fai's posts. ^

Actually, another interesting situation:

Kaien was actually REFUSING to become Ukitake's vice captain. for a long long long long long long time.

We even had that whole flashback with Ukitake and Kaien sitting and talking and Kaien saying that "ill repeat, I don't want to be your vice-captain" (if i remember the line correctly).
Nov 23, 2011 6:51 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

Kaien was actually REFUSING to become Ukitake's vice captain. for a long long long long long long time.
We even had that whole flashback with Ukitake and Kaien sitting and talking and Kaien saying that "ill repeat, I don't want to be your vice-captain" (if i remember the line correctly).

Yeah, I remember that part. At first I thought, the reason why Kaien declined the offer was, he thought that he wasn't ready enough to be a vice-captain. Even though he was considered a genius (he graduated after only 2 years), Kaien denied that fact. When Ukitake mentioned that Gin graduated from the Shino Academy in a single year, he was impressed and noted that he was even "further" from being a vice-captain. But I guess, with the situation right now, that Ukitake, being "somewhat" had hidden agenda...it's safe to assume that there's another reason for Kaien's actions at that time.
Nov 23, 2011 7:00 AM

Oct 2007
Monad said:

He wont make it short and painless! He will make them suffer! He will block their numbers! He is Jorge!
Nov 23, 2011 7:01 AM

Sep 2011
loved it 5/5

and behold ichigo's new bankai ( or i hope lol ) http://yfrog.com/cc172fd8eff58619f8af36ef3j
Nov 23, 2011 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
icegenie said:
DarthObsidian said:

Another person who assumed that this is the 'big revelation' when not confirmed by Kubo or any other Bleach sources. Then they go 'what?! This is it?!' , get disappointed. And then takes it out on Kubo. Typical..

Kubo is the one who drew Ukitake in the shadows and all those surprised faces like the sky fell on their heads despite hearing stupid trivial things that shouldn't bother them at all.
It is Kubo that is bullshiting us. Trying to built suspense out of nothing and probably even more ridiculous take it back by having Ichigo saying shit like "I don't care" in the next chapter.
If you don't care then what where all those "Oh! my fucking God!!!" faces and words about who he should be fighting? Oh! yeah they where just Kubo trolling us. And if it's not a troll and that little thing is really so shocking to him then is just stupid plot.
So ether we have a stupid story with a character going crazy over something it shouldn't bother him much or we have a troll mangaka that likes to create false suspense and bullshit simply so he can have some pretentious dialogs and supposed cliffhangers.
MonadNov 23, 2011 8:42 AM
Nov 23, 2011 7:19 AM

Mar 2011
Interesting.

For a battle shonen I enjoy the talky more than the fighty!
Nov 23, 2011 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
zzzz move along already.
Nov 23, 2011 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
Of course he hasn't told the whole truth yet, this was just the intro...

First, he makes it seem like if none of the captains really trust him enough to tell him the truth about the badge. Going even as far as planting doubts about how Renji and Rukia only stayed by his side to keep an eye on him...

...then Ginjo'll probably continue by insinuating that the Final Getsuga Tenshou was only supposed to remove his powers temporarily, but the badge made sure his powers stayed gone...

...then, when all the doubts and malignant thoughts have festered and infected Ichigo deep enough, the REAL secret is revealed...

...he's the container of the 9-tailed Soul-King-Fox!!! *Flashback to when Aizen saw Ichigo get born and tried to steal the Soul-King*

Nov 23, 2011 9:14 AM

Mar 2009
hungry_bunny said:

First, he makes it seem like if none of the captains really trust him enough to tell him the truth about the badge. Going even as far as planting doubts about how Renji and Rukia only stayed by his side to keep an eye on him...

...then Ginjo'll probably continue by insinuating that the Final Getsuga Tenshou was only supposed to remove his powers temporarily, but the badge made sure his powers stayed gone...

...then, when all the doubts and malignant thoughts have festered and infected Ichigo deep enough, the REAL secret is revealed...

...he's the container of the 9-tailed Soul-King-Fox!!! *Flashback to when Aizen saw Ichigo get born and tried to steal the Soul-King*

Y-yeah. Then Ukitake warps in and cuts down Ginjo. After that he removes his mask and we see... ICHIGO's MOM evil smile!!! ALL AS PLANNED from the moment he was born!
Nov 23, 2011 10:08 AM

Aug 2007
Seriously, I was laughing. While Bleach actually took a nice turn with it's new arc (well, at least better than the soul society arc and Aizens death), it totally went down the river again into ridiculous-land.

Come on, now Ukitake is supposed to be a bad guy? The nicest guy in the entire series with no indication or forshadowing whatsoever has just been declared the "bad guy". This pretty much came out of nowhere. We've never been told Ichigos reitsu was actually surpressed, Ichigo himself should have noticed, but he didn't. The fact that a no-name stupid laugh of a Shinigami who serves as a comic relief doesn't know about the supstitude badge, is not exactly a real indication either, because this Shinigami is just plain stupid.
The only other real "indication" is supposed to be the badge itself, but is it really this strange to let the guy who rescued Soul Soceity work for them? And give him some credit for what he did? No, it's not. There's a goddamn strong guy runnung around, Soul Soceity is stupid, if they don't try to have him to work for them or somehow "control" him.

And yeah, Ichigo was able to hear his friends through the badge. So what? We've seen freakier things in this series: namely Mayuri and his works. Who gives a shit about a badge that works as a phone?

This is not foreshadowing, this is just taking some things from the past and try to make someone bigger out of it, although there was nothing big to begin with.
Nov 23, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
hungry_bunny said:

...he's the container of the 9-tailed Soul-King!!! *Flashback to when Aizen saw Ichigo get born and tried to steal the Soul-King*

hahahaha, thats a really great idea

And Ichigo's new bankai is to turn into tailed beast form, his special ability while in that form is to win a prize if one of the tails spots the virgin one:
Nov 23, 2011 11:22 AM

Jul 2007
kennikitty said:
Come on, now Ukitake is supposed to be a bad guy? The nicest guy in the entire series with no indication or forshadowing whatsoever has just been declared the "bad guy".

No foreshadowing?

- Ukitake having sokyoku-destroying seals from unknown noble family - aka something Captains WOULD NOT have.
- Ukitake recognizing Ichigo's reiatsu.(byakyuya also did and now seems to hold Ichigo in quite high regard, but Ukitake handed Ichigo the badge after that)
- his dialogue with Aizen when Aizen was leaving.
- Kaien's utter reluctance and rejection of ukitake's offer to be his VC.
- Kaien's convenient death and Shiba clan's supposed possible connection to Kurosaki family.
- Ukitake handling Ichigo a badge saying some bullshit and NO ONE else recognising it.
- Ishida getting a VERY bad vibe about the badge.
- Chad noting that badge looks "ominous".
- His anouncement that he will be taking Captain-Commander's place for now(during arrancar arc) and his "death glare" when hitsugaya asks why him.
- His seeming disappointment that Captain Commander won't leave his position (and his two subordinates even noticed that).
- Rukia's first mission to real world, memories of which, SOMEHOW GOT ERASED FROM HER HEAD.
- His dialogue with shunsui during the top espada fight in fake karakura town.
- name of his sword,Sōgyo no Kotowari , bassically meaning, truth of pisces, aka twin/dual fishes.
- Wonderweiss. Is said to be attracted to pure things and despise the "unclean things". What he did the moment he got to the scene? Skewered Ukitake.

There has been a lot of foreshadowing of SOMETHING being up with him. MANY of people who actually read this manga instead of compalining have been constantly debating and speculating about him since SS arc ended.

kennikitty said:
We've never been told Ichigos reitsu was actually surpressed, Ichigo himself should have noticed, but he didn't.

Ulquiora: "his reiatsu seems to be constantly fluctuating. At the highest he is stronger than me" .
The fact that Ichigo was a lot more weaker after returning from SS.
Also The fact that after SS arc NO ONE else in his class started displaying spiritual awareness.

kennikitty said:

The fact that a no-name stupid laugh of a Shinigami who serves as a comic relief doesn't know about the supstitude badge, is not exactly a real indication either, because this Shinigami is just plain stupid.

You like him or not, he is a character there, part of SS, has a shikai and is part of group of shinigami to whom the badge SHOULD BE KNOWN and matter. Also there;s hitsugaya's reaction to the badge in arancar arc.

Isshinw as also comic relief. As was Tessai. As is Urahara. Does not stop them from mattering.
kennikitty said:

The only other real "indication" is supposed to be the badge itself, but is it really this strange to let the guy who rescued Soul Soceity work for them? And give him some credit for what he did? No, it's not.

Yes and then both Ishida and Chad note how ominous and "wrong" badge feels, ishida being the most distressed about it.

kennikitty said:
And yeah, Ichigo was able to hear his friends through the badge. So what? We've seen freakier things in this series: namely Mayuri and his works. Who gives a shit about a badge that works as a phone?

The fact that no one told Ichigo he would or should be able to hear someone through it? The fact that it is completely DIFFERENT form ukitake's description of the badge. Everything?

kennikitty said:

This is not foreshadowing, this is just taking some things from the past and try to make someone bigger out of it, although there was nothing big to begin with.

There are thousand of ways to do foreshadowing. Sometimes even the way stuff is written matters (how clow country is written in japanese being an important clue to the twist in the ending arc of trc for example)

Your excuse of "this is not foreshadowing because I did not see it!!!11oneone" does not work. A LOT of people have been talking about these points for past years.
AhenshihaelNov 23, 2011 12:23 PM
Nov 23, 2011 11:35 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
- His anouncement that he will be taking Captain-Commander's place for now(during arrancar arc) and his "death glare" when hitsugaya asks why him.

When did this happen??
Nov 23, 2011 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
ok a twist..

but i want More.. please don't let it be that simple.
Nov 23, 2011 11:40 AM

May 2010
Mindfuck O_o
I SO thought, it's going to be Urahara or captain commander at least.
Ukitake mastermind, I want to see his badass side o.o
I hope for as good chapter next week, as this one :D
Nov 23, 2011 12:11 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:

- Ukitake having sokyoku-destroying seals from unknown noble family - aka something Captains WOULD NOT have.

Unknown? Didn't it come from Yoruichi's family? It had the Shihoin family seal on it. Yoruichi probably gave it to him.
Nov 23, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
Kitsu-nee said:
Mindfuck O_o
I SO thought, it's going to be Urahara or captain commander at least.
Ukitake mastermind, I want to see his badass side o.o
I hope for as good chapter next week, as this one :D

Actually Urahara seems to be in on it, as well as entirety of SS. its just that Ukitake apparently thought up that system.

nijlpaard87 said:
Fai said:

When did this happen??

DarthObsidian said:
Fai said:

Unknown? Didn't it come from Yoruichi's family? It had the Shihoin family seal on it. Yoruichi probably gave it to him.

don't remember exactly which family seal that had, but there was no indication from where he got it. The whole scene was bassically him walking out of a building with huge ass thing and saying they will destroy sokyoku.
Nov 23, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2007
Ukitake has done sth to badge... So what? Umm yay or nay?
But after this "twist" I bet that Hanatarou is the Soul King x).
PutyNov 23, 2011 3:11 PM

Nov 23, 2011 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
Ginjo sounds like he's talking some serious shit when it's just a some GPS to observe the substitute shinigami. I mean, duh, why wouldn't you put a GPS on a substitute shinigami. The only shocker was that it was Ukitake who was behind it. And wtf is up with Ishida running like a wuss near the end. lol I'm starting to hate Ishida now, he's so weak, he does jack shit and scream "Kurosaki." It looks like he's the new replacement for Inoue.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Nov 23, 2011 3:30 PM

Jul 2007
Junigenmukyoku said:
Ginjo sounds like he's talking some serious shit when it's just a some GPS to observe the substitute shinigami. I mean, duh, why wouldn't you put a GPS on a substitute shinigami. The only shocker was that it was Ukitake who was behind it. And wtf is up with Ishida running like a wuss near the end. lol I'm starting to hate Ishida now, he's so weak, he does jack shit and scream "Kurosaki." It looks like he's the new replacement for Inoue.

You apparantly don't get it.

For one Ginjou is not finished talking. He got interrupted by Ichigo's FFFFFFFFUUUUU-rage.

For second even what he said is already quite a big deal.

ichigo says a bad word about SS - he is dead. Ichigo finds out something wrong with SS(like what Urahara and Aizen found out and possibly Ginjou found out also) - he is dead. Ichigo disagrees with SS again when its not part of their plan - he is dead. .

The fact that the badge also can control his reiatsu also might suggest that SS is capable of plain outright disabling him or even killing him by just messing something in the badge.

Actually it also might be why Ichigo was significantly weaker after SS arc tilllatter parts of HM and suddenly captains were a lot stronger than him.Which would mean that badge also limits his power growth to "manageable" level.

SS needs him to eradicate some new quincy race? he would have to do it or die, for example

What Ukitake did was basically handing Ichigo a controlled explosive device to him, which tied itself to ichigo. Ichigo is walking with a frigin C4 on his back and every shinigami friend he has knew it and said nothing.

AND thats even WITHOUT the part ginjou did not get to yet. since there is obviously more. Once Ichigo is stopped from raging(aka possibly Ginjou wipes the floor with him), we will learn the rest of it.
Nov 23, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2011
BANNNNNNN~~~~~~~..........KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~~~~~~~~~~~next weekxD Cant w8 to see this!
Nov 23, 2011 4:08 PM

Oct 2007
Kso...
Ukitake being the "evil" one? I'm not buying it. I can imagine him being part of some "plan" or "organization" (with kinda good intentions), created to "deal" with sub-soulreapers and their powers and the way they can affect SS (or maybe using them to change smth in SS), but the "evil" one... Also I can not see other captains, who've become Ichigo's friends, being "so" blind about Jyuushirou. Okay, Aizen was Aizen, after all - and now you suggest Ukitake outsmarted everyone else by 'himself'? Especially with all of those mysteries, like Rukia's erased memory and Hitsugaya's glares? If Ukitake is really behind some great plan - he's definitely not alone in it.
If he's not, than what do we have later? SS fighting against each other (Ichigo's side vs Ukitake's side)? No, it'd be too boring.
Come on, Kubo, get a grip, it would be just so lame and it'd spoil one of your best characters! Such turn of events is SO below you.

I can see Jyuushirou having some shadows. No one is perfect and saint. And he is too old to live without some secrets of himself. He is also a captain - and that brings responsibility and the duties you can't ignore - even if you have to lie or withhold the truth sometimes. But - ARGH - him falling so low is just BEYOND my imagination.

I think even this small piece of truth leads us closer to the King's arc. I can so imagine Ukitake being part of a plan to "overthrow" the mysterious King or smth like that. But, truly,a PART only. This way the talk with Aizen, when he was leaving SS, makes sense. Too arrogant as in 'aren't you believing too much in your own abilities to do it?"

Anyway, Ukitake, I'm still loving you as long as Shunsui will be by your side, you poor old sick man. Ahaha. I'll believe in you till the end. And if you're really evil, ah... to hell with canon it'd be.
I am that one voice, the cold wind that whispers...
And if you listen, you’ll hear me call across the sky.
As long as I can still reach out and touch you,
Then I will never die... (c)
Nov 23, 2011 4:54 PM

Jun 2011
Everyone is going to read Bleach next weak lol. The cliffhanger was just too cool.
Nov 23, 2011 5:44 PM

Apr 2010

Fai said:

kennikitty said:
We've never been told Ichigos reitsu was actually surpressed, Ichigo himself should have noticed, but he didn't.

Ulquiora: "his reiatsu seems to be constantly fluctuating. At the highest he is stronger than me" .
The fact that Ichigo was a lot more weaker after returning from SS.
Also The fact that after SS arc NO ONE else in his class started displaying spiritual awareness.

I agree with this because every time Ichigo used Bankai in a fight after leaving SS, it has been noticeably weaker and slower compared to when he fought with Byakuya.

Also,

"BAN-KAI!!!!!" I really hope Ichigo's Bankai looks how it did right before he did Final Getsuga Tenshou. The one with the huge guard and the chain going up his arm.
RaratahNov 23, 2011 6:11 PM
Nov 23, 2011 5:49 PM

Jul 2009
Wait is Ukitake even doing anything evil?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.