Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 9:38 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love how the grandpa was the only one bothered by the fact that the cat didn't have a butthole!

The interesting thing about this series to me is how it doesn't live up to some of Shinbo's earlier works (in terms of direction). Like, look at that fight scene, that was much weaker than even the fights in Metal FIghter Miku (his first series). It must mean that when he joined Shaft they had much less money to work with than the studios he was freelancing at before. And therefore less talent working under him. If I've got my history right, this kick-starts the more minimalist era of his direction. Here he's working on a lower budget but not employing some of the more extreme tactics that he (and his co-directors) became famous for later on. I guess that's not interesting to anyone else, but it's intriguing to my history-buff tendencies.

Another funny comment about the direction, have you noticed how superior the Gothic scenes are to everything else? That's so typical of him, lol! And it kind of makes me miss the first episodes with that awesome castle and whatall. Oh well, I'm sure I can count on the delicious darkness to return :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 17, 2014 9:16 AM

May 2012
Nice and cute episode, that ending certainly was interesting.
Nov 20, 2014 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Other than Shinbou-style, this anime just doesn't have much going for it. His style just doesn't work that well with comedy (works best with psychological/emotional/drama).

When the best part is the kitty-ear-mode OP... it's time to drop.
Nov 10, 2022 5:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The catgirl has the best selling techniques lol, they're growing closer, these annoying thugs though :S
Jun 6, 2023 5:44 AM

Dec 2022
Kouhei is such a homo. Doesn't let her feed on him, but still gets all possessive.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» Haiji's gender

MioAkiyama1 - Aug 16, 2012

2 by reginald11 »»
Mar 15, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 17, 2014

2 by MrGthBauglir »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:32 PM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 15 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 29, 2009

6 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 20, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 1 Discussion

sugarplumfairy - Jun 6, 2008

19 by LilBunnyLee »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 25 Discussion

mazen - Jun 15, 2008

18 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.