Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for Manga Artist Partner (A sample of story included)

New
Nov 21, 2011 2:06 AM
Nov 2011

Looking for Manga Artist Partner (A sample of story included)

As the title said, I’m here looking for someone who can present my thoughts in the form of drawings. First of all, I would like to give the readers a brief introduction of myself. I’m a fan of Japanese’s Manga/Anime like most of you. I’m used to have plenty of stories and ideas; however, the thoughts are always more than talks and draws. That is the reason why this post is made. I’m personally interested in genres such as action, adventure, horror, shounen, mystery, supernatural, and tragedy….etc. I do hope that we are sharing the same interests so that we could make a good team. I’m obviously not a fan of Ecchi manga/anime haha..

Here is a story which I’m currently working with…

Background

Stories

The main story line goes around the students and instructors from XXX *Academic which I’m not going to reveal most of the details here…But I will briefly go through a few arcs of some backstories of main characters to give you a rough idea of the characters.

The Twin Brother Arc*

The Hold Pillow Lady Arc*

For your information, souls can be drawn from living, non-living and ZZZ* objects. Examples of living objects are plants, humans, animals, insects….etc
Examples of non-living objects are tables, chairs, dolls, scissors…etc
And yes, the souls are summoned to fight with rules*

Some of you might felt confused, just ask if you have any problems, but I might not answer them accordingly because I will keep part of the stories as a secret for now. You will know it eventually if the Manga did produced. ^^ Comments are most welcomed.

What is the purpose of YYY organization? Why the children are being taught to be a soul linker? How actually the soul linker summon/draw out the soul with a scroll? Who is the angel? I will definitely discuss all these with the artist! Yet, this is a supernatural story with hilarious and tragedy that could make you laugh and cry! The story might twists from time to time based on my inspiration.

I wish the drawings are drawn in a way of Japanese’s Style Manga, the dialogue of the original creates can be in either English or Chinese (those are my written languages). Your creative skill is needed as we are giving birth to the characters, monsters, spells, combat skills…etc. Let me know if you are willing to spend the time with me. Together, we make a Fantasy World.

I claimed that all the ideas are my very own products.
*Subjects happen to changed/ not going to be revealed here

Karuro

Nov 21, 2011 2:10 AM

Mar 2009
"The Hold Pillow Lady Arc"... interesting name for an arc.
Nov 24, 2011 5:10 PM
Nov 2011
AlexSadist-sama said:
"The Hold Pillow Lady Arc"... interesting name for an arc.

Thank you!

Edited* Most of the parts of the story is edited but not revealed here.
Let me know if any of you are interested.

So....BUMPS!!
Karuro03Nov 28, 2011 6:53 PM
Nov 25, 2011 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
This is the outcome that Bakuman anime gave, which I hate. u_u

Just to get you a reality hit. If you aren't Japanese, you will most probably [99% probability] never be successful in manga business. And even if you are Japanese, you will still most probably never be successful. [around... 85ish%, I'd say]

I commend on your story and your vigor, but don't take this manga thing too serious, don't let other things in your life suffer due to it, 'cause it isn't worth it.
Nov 25, 2011 9:38 AM
Jul 2010
AlanViBritannia said:

Just to get you a reality hit. If you aren't Japanese, you will most probably [99% probability] never be successful in manga business. And even if you are Japanese, you will still most probably never be successful. [around... 85ish%, I'd say]

I commend on your story and your vigor, but don't take this manga thing too serious, don't let other things in your life suffer due to it, 'cause it isn't worth it.

lol so true, kids gets influenced by that anime way too much.
Nov 25, 2011 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
Meh
Try doing a graphic novel or a short book instead
I think it has some potential but wrong media
Nov 25, 2011 10:49 AM
Nov 2011
Why don't people do fanfiction?
Nov 25, 2011 4:29 PM
Nov 2011
AlanViBritannia said:

Honestly, I never read/watch the manga/anime of Bakuman, at least not until I went to check it out after I saw your post. It has nothing to do with why I'm being motivated to make a manga myself.

I have my own life in reality, and I would consider making a manga as my hobby. I never expect it would success like the Japanese mangaist, but of course, I'm serious and will put all my afford into it still. It would be great if it turns out to has good responds and succeed. It can never be the best manga, but I'll try to make it a competitive manga. I don't mind if it can't be published, well...yea..I'm enjoying the process of making it.

Jaconator said:
Meh
Try doing a graphic novel or a short book instead
I think it has some potential but wrong media

Thanks for the comment. I'll try to make it as short as possible...but somehow I have a lot of ideas now that I really don't wish to cut them off....I hate to drag the story, so I will go to the point in every chapters.

Kigen said:
Why don't people do fanfiction?

There are a lot where I can find on some websites. But, not my type.

And thanks for all the replies above. Cheers!
Nov 26, 2011 5:11 AM

Feb 2008
Oh you haven't watched Bakuman? Then check it out, at least you can learn few things about variety of pens used in drawing manga. :D

Just don't let your real life, real future suffer because of it. That's all I'm sayin'. :)
Nov 26, 2011 12:17 PM

Oct 2008
AlanViBritannia said:
Oh you haven't watched Bakuman? Then check it out, at least you can learn few things about variety of pens used in drawing manga. :D

Or you could learn about any of that stuff if you went to an art store and asked the workers there about different utensils paints, items, why some are more expensive then others, are they water soluble or not, what paper material they can work well on, etc. Or at the very least browsed to be aware of the various art utensils if your browse online.
Nov 26, 2011 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
AlanViBritannia said:

Just don't let your real life, real future suffer because of it. That's all I'm sayin'. :)

"Real future." What is a real future? Being an accountant? What is a real life? Going to clubs with friends?

I wish I hadn't thought about having a "real future" in the past. But that's just me.
Nov 28, 2011 6:52 PM
Nov 2011
Fui said:
AlanViBritannia said:

"Real future." What is a real future? Being an accountant? What is a real life? Going to clubs with friends?

I wish I hadn't thought about having a "real future" in the past. But that's just me.

Lol.
To me,
real future = no dreams
real life = enjoying making your dreams come true. XD

Anw, thanks to all the replies and BUMPS!
Back to the thread. Looking for manga artist!!
Oct 2, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2013
Its been a long time since you wrote this message, so maybe your not interested anymore. I live in Las Vegas, and I'm interested, I'm good, at drawing, and I still must improve a lot, but mainly I need to focus in a story, and I'm not good at making stories. So this is mi facebook http://facebook.com/marlenne.alonzo, and email jenjis_kan@hotmail.com
Oct 2, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
Necro pls...

2 years a shet.

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 26, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Apr 26, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Apr 26, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Apr 26, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.