Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2011 12:19 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She still managed to fly for a while.
Apr 8, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
The misconceptions about Guts because of the human remains is annoying.

Near the end of the chapter I went from "Yeah, this seems pretty generic" to "Damn, where the tissues at " pretty quickly, though.
Sep 14, 2014 5:16 AM
Nov 2011
That fervent furious vengeance Gatts was even sexy, u know? :D The father of Jill is so short and funny on the face xD
Aug 30, 2015 9:08 AM
Nov 2014
This chapter got sad real fast.
Nov 30, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2015
He showed Jill and she has Roshinu's blood in her hmm A hybrid of demon and human or will her children be that ... :X
Jan 21, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
Casca on some drugs or some shit.
Jun 15, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 2016
I guess he really is able to perform instant healing.
Nov 9, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2016
This arc had some legendary Guts moments, but overall it wasn't as good as the previous arcs.
Apr 26, 2017 6:21 AM

Sep 2015
[The Way Home]

Oh well I'm crying. I won't be a bad dad, I promise. Never.
May 12, 2017 10:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"To Holy Ground (2)"

Six men protect Lord Mozgus, a man insane and crazy!
The punishment by the wheel was cruel!
Sep 13, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
Her father actually saved her, I don't think that Guts would have stopped.
Sad ending, she realized that what she did was wrong.
I wonder if this is the way Griffith will end.
Dec 24, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2017
This whole manga has a obsession with parental issues.
Scenes get dramatized when it comes to characters' memories with their parents.

There's no justification.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Feb 1, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2016
Jill's dad might be a loser and a bastard but at least he accidentally saved Jill.

The feels were heavy. Despicable they were but tragic nonetheless. If Rosine didn't live in such deplorable condition, that wouldn't have happened.

Sep 9, 2020 6:30 AM
Jul 2020
I hate this arc. I hate Jill too.
Oct 4, 2020 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Well it seems there's some unsatisfied mopers in this forum. Whatever the case, I found the overall literary aspect of this arc to be sound. The falling action was a bit fast-paced, though. In the end, Jill never got a happy ending... her life will continue on the same way as it's always been. The difference is that she acknowledges her life to be a "battlefield" now, and has taken a vow to fight against it. I.e. "crying and biting her way through," as she says. Hopefully this means from now on she won't take BS from here dad.

Still, the last few panels of her smiling were very brief. Just before she was shown talking about the vivid sky or whatever, she really was hopeless. When she was begging Guts to take her with him, and after everything that's happened to her, Guts demonstrated the kinda demons that lurk around him.

If anything, after everything, Jill should be traumatized. I mean major PTSD. Nothing good happens in that chick's life. How is she not on the verge of suicide? Where does she get her will to live? How does she know things will change for her? She's going back to her village in which she'll continue to face cold, hunger, probably war, neglect, abuse, perhaps molestation? Her best friend is dead and she witnessed unspeakable violence several times throughout the arc. Geez, I reinstate, this is by no means a happy ending for Jill.

I kinda liked Jill as a character, though. (And disagree with the comment above mine.) She was the first female character in a long, long time that wasn't just a vessel for sexual abuse. She was barely the victim of lust or sexualized acts and she wasn't just a 'princess' or a 'slave' or anything... she was an actual adolescent girl that tagged alongside Guts (for a little bit), and was shown to persevere even when faced against literal demons/monsters. She shrieked a lot, but that's just what young women tend to do... if anything, she shrieked and pansied FAR far less than the usual damsel in this manga. The droopy, unsure expression she constantly wore was also appealing -- there was something very mature about it. I don't know why but she was just a good (female) character.

The arc itself I wasn't TOO crazy about. I'm not even sure how much the overarching plot progressed. This seemed like one big side story -- just another adventure Guts and Puck got themselves into -- and aside from those eloquent knights it doesn't seem like much of this was for the sake of the longrun. Not only that but I wasn't to into the whole "fairy/elf/mystical forest" aspect... although I appreciate a solid change in pace, in that the enemy was drastically different from the usual: bug-themed AND female. This was a good arc; just not one that I personally found interesting.

Last but not least, even though Griffith is a dick, I understand every single thing he did throughout the end of this arc. His coldness towards Jill was justified, especially after the beating he just took. And I, myself, kinda hoped he'd slay Rosine. After the atrocities she committed, she definitely didn't deserve to die on her own accord. And I love Jill, but I wouldn't have blamed Guts if he sliced through Jill when she tried to barricade Rosine from his sword. Like I said, Guts took quite a beating and he needed to wrap things up. Jill shouldn't have been as dumb so as to compromise the retribution Guts was about to deal.

Final note: Puck. He's aight. I don't think comedic relief is necessary but it's always a fresh change of pace to go from a gritty battle to a simple, pudgy, goofy Puck bit.
Aug 12, 2021 3:09 AM

Jun 2020
to holy ground 2

kinda confused as 2 how da wheels supposed 2 work... 🤔🤔
Mar 17, 2022 8:54 AM

May 2015
So realizing how similar the two girls have it. Is the town just all full of shit dads?
Apr 10, 2022 4:42 PM
Mar 2018
Rosine deserved better
Apr 30, 2022 2:16 AM

May 2021
Ending this arc with Guts showing Jill the harsh reality of her life was amazing. I liked the fact that Jill has changed her outlook on life.

Sep 6, 2022 2:50 AM
Jun 2015
[The way home]
These last two chapters hit right in the feels.....
I feel bad for Rosine even though she killed all these childern.....she was clearly bipolar or something like that....mixing reality with her dreams.....wanting just a healthy family.....believing in elvs....
I am so fucking glad she saw Puck and now knows that Elvs are real ;_;
Even though she was the villian of this arc, she was so human and it makes me sad how things ended....
It just shows how good of a writer Miura is/was! Just Brilliant!
Elvs are real Rosine, don't worry ;_; Maybe the story of peekaf itself isn't real but Rosine might have been the "real" peekaf!
Now one must ask, who is the real villian of this arc? I must admit I do not like Guts one bit, he is a pure monster full of rage.....yes we all know what happened, but come on.....at least he hesitated because of Jill multiple times which shows he still has some humanity left in him!
Well 1 more chapter for this Lost Children Arc! Let's see how this ends! Guts on the run, Rosine going "home" and what's next...
Sep 15, 2022 6:55 PM

Aug 2021
i'm glad she's dead now because hopefully that means we can move on from this... i find this arc to be not so great so far especially when you consider how absolutely amazing golden age is... i still like it but it's just too slow and i'm not a huge fan of the side story
Oct 14, 2022 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
I have come a long way in reading Berserk and I just finished chapter 132 volume 17. This is getting so gruesome and the number of pain Guts went through is crazy. I hope to see more and more action and I can see if Guts and Casca can finally reunite together. Without further ado, let us keep reading!
Feb 4, 2023 9:39 AM

Mar 2021
Can't say that I care about Rosine at all, I'm glad she's dead. This arc wasn't really that good imo

Jun 28, 2:05 PM
Nov 2023
this lost children mini arc was a little slow in the start but it definitely had a beautiful end. I hope jill wins in her battlefield.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 73 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

22 by MiamoreCash »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 69 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

23 by MiamoreCash »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kage-bunshin - Aug 30, 2009

116 by Meriurin »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 17 Discussion

Rasco - Oct 27, 2010

32 by squiddard »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 16 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 25, 2010

36 by squiddard »»
Yesterday, 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.