Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
You wanna know what amazed me the most? That maneuver from the pilot, by inverting the guns to rotate the ship. That was really clever.

Ray is dead :(
She had completely lost it. Charles just meant everything for her, losing him was like losing her own life. At least, she can now join him to the badass heaven...

Eureka sure seemed unconfortable when Renton said that he want to know more about her. I want to know more too, goddamnit!! From the preview, it look like we'll finally get answers.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 1, 2015 1:39 PM
Feb 2015
"I will fight this time, Ray", says Renton..... Proceeds to do nothing, then Ray gets killed.
Apr 21, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
wow, deep ep, RIP ray,;__;
Jun 30, 2015 4:37 PM
Apr 2014
Too bad Charles and Ray are gone, they were really great characters. But I think this tragic ending is fitting for them. They lived their life to the fullest.
Also, I think that part of Talho kissing Holland after biting her lips is symbolic for her wanting to give her blood to him, instead of Renton, who's "that person's brother" (though nothing much about this backstory has been said for now)
Aug 9, 2016 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
Damn, who let Yoshiyuki Tomino direct the last two episodes. My favorite characters are gone, just like that.
Gundam_SageAug 9, 2016 4:14 PM
Aug 9, 2016 5:49 PM

Jun 2016
welp rip the only two likable characters in this whole series... -_-
Oct 7, 2016 8:57 PM

Jun 2014
I was sad to see Ray go crazy after losing Charles. They were both pretty genuine characters and my favorite in the series so far.
Jan 26, 2017 3:53 AM
Aug 2014
Easily the best episode so far

Did find it a bit strange that Renton lamented how he couldn't do anything, just after saving Hollands life.
Jun 28, 2017 6:12 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Ray....that couldn't be any more tragic.
Oct 12, 2017 11:02 PM
Mar 2017
What a good ending, I should do the same and exercise my legs a little. I have not left my house for more than 2 years and I only do stretches and squats.
but I feel like every time my legs are turning stones.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 16, 2017 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, that episode was even more insane than the last!

Ray declared an all out war on the Gekko!

I'm not surprised though since they killed her husband.

But all the flashbacks were really nice to explain more about her and Charles, so she blames Eureka and that event for not being able to have children, awww. No wonder she was so pissed when she saw Eureka with the children. And no wonder why she was so happy with Renton.

Who I thought in one scene looked just like Charles in this episode.

The action was really great, just a shame Ray had to die in the end! I liked her and Charles and will miss them, better than most of Gekko.

Holland as well, I don't get what went on with him in the end and getting injured, maybe they cut something on TV here or otherwise I'm stumped but Renton have to give him his blood since there was none left, convenient they mention it and then later they need some.

So Eureka and Renton now want to get to know each other better, sweet but they could've been doing that all along lol.
Jan 16, 2019 5:37 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was so hard to watch.
Jul 22, 2019 6:56 PM

Apr 2019
Ray didn't deserve this. But I guess she had no reason to live without Charles. For some reason, seeing Holland dabbing on the couple made me respect his character a lot more. He did what was needed for Gekkostate to survive. All these last episodes were very good.
Dec 12, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Whoa, she really snapped there...

Heartbreaking episode and it's really a shame that this series lost two of their most likeable characters, but then again, that very fact made the drama so great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2018
It won't be the same now that the two best characters are dead.
Aug 13, 2020 7:21 AM
Mar 2019
GlennMagusHarvey said:
They could just have made Charles and Ray these evil rivals of Holland, except they gave them backstories, motives, and very strong story relevance--especially for the whole theme of Renton's coming-of-age.

Agreed, I'd even go so far as to say they are more well written characters than most of the gekkostate members. To this point in the narrative, we really don't have a great understanding of why any of the crew members wanted to join Gekkostate (excluding Holland, Eureka and Talho); and outside of those three, none seem to have much inner turmoil that which has become a very prevalent theme in the narrative. For a 50 episode series, there were definitely some early episodes that could have been better used to show one episode backstories or at least a stronger focus on the characters.
There was an attempt to make Doggie the "big brother" character early on (which fell flat imo), but characters like Hap, mathieu and Gidget have turned out to be wasted potential
Sep 27, 2020 2:20 PM
Oct 2014
Great, Charles and Ray were the only characters in the series, I actually cared about, and now they are wasted.
Ray's suicidal attack and death were predictable and dumb. I still dislike that they turned her into some kind of evil psychopath, who tried to hurt MC.

Screw Gekkostate, screw that asshole Holland, screw stupid Renton and dull Eureka.
I regret watching this show...
procionSep 27, 2020 2:34 PM
Oct 29, 2020 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, Ray's death impacted me more than Charles' death. The scene where she's crawling toward her own severed arm was crazy and sad at the same time.

This episode was just really really good and emotionally resonant.
Nov 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Nov 2019
this episode was just one huge tearjerker, i can't feel Ray's pain, i can only imagine it.

It now makes even more sense why they wanted Renton as their child (because she couldn't give birth T_T) also the phenomina )7th swell seemed to be the cause as well as that it was generated by the Type zero making her anger towards Eureka totally understandable. honestly this was really sad, i didn't want neither Charles or Ray to die.

I can't hate Eureka or Ray (it's impossible)
"Renton let's go to where Papa is"
Dec 23, 2020 5:06 AM

Jul 2017
Now RIP Ray. It's tough seeing both Charles and Ray go out like that since you can clearly tell they were great people with good intentions, just had to be on the opposite side of the spectrum really. Plus, Ray would never be able to forgive Eureka for robbing her of her ability to have children. It worked for the drama and intense aspect of the story but now, it's about figuring out what's next for the show. The Charles-Ray phase of the show was really good and even saved the show for me, but now I'm curious to see what does this have next to offer. At least Eureka and Renton don't have to necessarily have forced drama that have both run away from each other with the rest of the crew acting like assholes for the rest of the series, since Eureka and Renton at least are more understanding and caring for each other with their realized and mature feelings compared to how they were before.
Apr 21, 2021 1:22 PM
Mar 2018
I am actually fucking pissed yo, its so shitty how Charles and Ray went out. Deadass took me a week before I could watch this episode cuz I had a feeling something bad would happen to Ray. FUCK MAN. Like Renton said, everyone is so selfish
Oct 12, 2021 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
The couple has now vanished along with their dream and their home, the Gekkostate took all of that, even both of their child. Charles and Ray were supposed to have a child of not for Eureka, even then they should still have Renton as their adopted son if not for Eureka yet again. Ray has the right to despise and hate Eureka, but unless we know of the full truth besides the brief flashback, we could never really understand why. May Charles and Ray be happy together in the afterlife.

That's it isn't it? IF ONLY THEY TELL RENTON EVERYTHING He would be in a much stable, more understanding position than he is now. Just let it loose, let the truth be dropped on him, only then can you expect your selfish desires to be fulfilled by Renton who's always there to save your asses. For now, he has Eureka to turn to, she's there with Renton to console him and ease his pain, even if just a little. Lovely isn't it?

Everything aside... Man I love the Gekko! Those cannons evasive manoeuvre was awesome! Despite it being laser cannons, I didn't expect its recoil to be so immense, enough to shift the entire aircraft is cuhs a swift motion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.