Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like the idea of having Fate/Zero 2 page?
Oct 10, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
Its not a sequel and its already confusing some users. Its not going to be episode 1 but at episode 14. Unless the official title would be different it should remain as Fate/Zero without the 2.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2009
It's better than having it as "Fate/Zero Season 1" and "Fate/Zero Season 2"

Also, who cares? It makes your list bigger!
Oct 10, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
I think a similar topic was already opened just yesterday or the other day, the admin already presented their reason for the split. No need for another topic.
Oct 10, 2011 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
Ghostalker said:
I think a similar topic was already opened just yesterday or the other day, the admin already presented their reason for the split. No need for another topic.

Rollback purged it.

I don't like it myself, but this is the standard MAL has been using for a while.
Oct 11, 2011 12:01 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
I'm ignoring the poll since neither of the answers allowed fits with my opinion. There is a good reason why it's being split into two separate entries - the huge gap between airing dates of eps 13 and 14, I assume. That makes perfect sense to me.
Oct 11, 2011 12:52 AM
Dec 2007
Numi said:
I'm ignoring the poll since neither of the answers allowed fits with my opinion. There is a good reason why it's being split into two separate entries - the huge gap between airing dates of eps 13 and 14, I assume. That makes perfect sense to me.
I think the problem lies more in the fact a few other series are not split up even though they had large gaps between two releases. But I'm not bothered much, so long as they remove that pointless Second Season part (you can't call it second season since it's not only been scheduled from the start but it's also not treated by the studio as a second season).

Oct 11, 2011 7:40 AM

Oct 2010
I think starting a post over this is stupid,I doesn't matter but if I was a admin I would also put Fate/Zero and Fate/Zero 2 because there is a 3/4 month gape between the two,Fate/Zero ends in december,then continues in April so I would call that a sequal.
Oct 11, 2011 8:08 AM

Jul 2010
I don't like Fate/Zero 2 page BUT

What the hell is wrong with Aniplex and ufotable for taking season break. when it's not sequel, let it continue. It's like torturing, watch 13 episodes and then lol wait for 3 months to continue from episode 14. Is it some kind of marketing technique? or If they had some production problems or anything, then let it start from winter. Now i'm thinking to put it on-hold and do marathon when it's done or start it in spring.
Oct 11, 2011 8:21 AM
Feb 2011
It's not a sequel, its the same series split into two halves and called the same name. Fate/Zero 2 is not the official name for it so why bother? It's better keeping things on one page anyway.
Oct 11, 2011 6:46 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Leon-Gun said:
I think the problem lies more in the fact a few other series are not split up even though they had large gaps between two releases. But I'm not bothered much, so long as they remove that pointless Second Season part (you can't call it second season since it's not only been scheduled from the start but it's also not treated by the studio as a second season).

I only know of one such series whose entry was not split up despite a large gap; Bakemonogatari. That one being left intact made perfect sense to me. Any others out there that I'm just not aware of, I can't comment on. I can only guess that the decision was considered carefully before being sealed - like if the split was a conscious decision made by the show's producers well enough in advance vs a last minute decision much further into the show's airing (and closer to the first part's airing stopping) due to lack of funds or whatever. I don't know more than what was in the news article about the F/Z split, so that's just speculation on my end.
Oct 12, 2011 2:17 AM

Jun 2011
Why are you guys so serious about what MAL admin says?
We all know there's only one Fate/zero,that's all.
Oct 12, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
nextday said:
Having them as separate entries is consistent with the current anime DB guidelines.
Why would you want to be inconsistent? That's pretty stupid if you ask me.

Because it's still the same damn show. Bakemonogatari's original TV airing also took SEVERAL breaks, and only has one entry. What's coming in April is not a new episode 1, it's episode 14.

Oct 12, 2011 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
Best way to do it, sadly. Split cour are still two different seasons since they air at different times.

planetarial said:
It's not a sequel, its the same series split into two halves and called the same name. Fate/Zero 2 is not the official name for it so why bother? It's better keeping things on one page anyway.

Recent series like Bakuman and The World God Only Knows also falls under this definition... but they're still separate series since they were split cour. You can't just treat Fate/Zero special when everything else falls under this rule.

Oct 12, 2011 12:25 PM
Sep 2010
Han-yuu said:
What the hell is wrong with Aniplex and ufotable for taking season break. when it's not sequel, let it continue. It's like torturing, watch 13 episodes and then lol wait for 3 months to continue from episode 14.
torturing. that's the word
Oct 12, 2011 2:06 PM

Apr 2010
Look at it this way... at least Fate/Zero will be in the top 10 anime twice!

Oct 12, 2011 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
nextday said:
Having them as separate entries is consistent with the current anime DB guidelines.

People want to be inconsistent if they don't agree that what is consistent is the right way to do things.

RyanSaotome said:
Recent series like Bakuman and The World God Only Knows also falls under this definition... but they're still separate series since they were split cour. You can't just treat Fate/Zero special when everything else falls under this rule.

I don't think those are quite the same. Those were treated as two separate 12/25 episode seasons that aired separately from the beginning. Fate/Zero is a single 25 episode series that is airing in two parts.
Oct 13, 2011 4:25 AM

Oct 2008
Saber said:
nextday said:
]Having them as separate entries is consistent with the current anime DB guidelines.

Because it's still the same damn show. Bakemonogatari's original TV airing also took SEVERAL breaks, and only has one entry. What's coming in April is not a new episode 1, it's episode 14.

exact-fucking-ly
this is a unique case where it was stated by the show's creators that it's just a gap in production to ensure consistent quality. there was no mention of a 'fate/zero season 2' so why is it being treated as such? anime DB guidelines are just guidelines. you mods have to live a little! be outrageous! disobey those pesky guidelines, that's what they're there for!!!
Oct 13, 2011 12:46 PM
Aug 2008
goddamn stupid quoting won't work

anyway, quoting the last post in this thread: Exactly. Make an exception to prove the rule
Oct 13, 2011 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
No offense, but I'm finding the whole purpose of this thread to be absurd just because MAL staff are doing the split for the sake of consistency.
Oct 14, 2011 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
ggultra2764 said:
No offense, but I'm finding the whole purpose of this thread to be absurd just because MAL staff are doing the split for the sake of consistency.

1. in this case it isn't consistent because it's a very different case
2. if people don't complain about things (regardless of how pointless it may seem to be complaining about them) then nothing will ever change/improve
3. you may be right though
Oct 14, 2011 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
Totally agree with last posts, it's totally ridiculous having them as 2 seasons. It's just a break so it should remain as 1 entry.
Oh man, if guidelines make these thigs happen, then rules are obsolete.

But, again if no one complains or voice it out, nothing will improve.
Oct 14, 2011 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
ggultra2764 said:
So do most split cours get announced that they'll be split cours after the series has already started airing?
Oct 14, 2011 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
It'll be weird for the people who will put this as their favorite anime.

Taking up 2 slots seems annoying.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Oct 15, 2011 11:35 AM

Nov 2007
Same thing goes to Kimi to Boku. 2, but no one's talking about it instead is lol
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2011 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
tsubasalover said:
Same thing goes to Kimi to Boku. 2, but no one's talking about it instead is lol

Horizon will also likely get a 2nd season page when they get around to it, since its in the same split cour situation as Kimi to Boku and Fate/Zero.

Zero0neFive said:
It'll be weird for the people who will put this as their favorite anime.
Taking up 2 slots seems annoying.

Like with Code Geass, I'll just favorite the first one since it encompasses the whole thing.

Oct 15, 2011 10:12 PM

Apr 2009
i dont see the need for the split, but ufotable got something planned obviously.

the whole idea for additional stuff in the blu-ray/dvds will make us re-watch for the second part airs, which may not sound good.

but i will do it anyway, just dont like the idea of the split though.
Oct 16, 2011 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Horizon will also likely get a 2nd season page when they get around to it, since its in the same split cour situation as Kimi to Boku and Fate/Zero.

Source for Horizon being a split cour anime?
Oct 16, 2011 6:29 AM

Jan 2010
The only problem i have with the split is WHICH PART DO I PUT ON MY FAVORITES?
Oct 16, 2011 8:25 AM
Jul 2008
If this is separated into two entries for having a few months between the former and latter episodes, why is Big O one entry? It had 3 years between episodes 13 & 14.
Oct 16, 2011 10:45 PM

Jun 2008
Temuthril said:
If this is separated into two entries for having a few months between the former and latter episodes, why is Big O one entry? It had 3 years between episodes 13 & 14.

Because it aired before this site existed.
Oct 22, 2011 9:58 AM

Mar 2011
I always wondered why the dl website I go to lists it as a 25 episode series, and here it says 13 episodes. Glad that's cleared up.

And to answer your question, it doesn't bother me. Well, waiting for the episodes kind of sucks.
Oct 23, 2011 7:18 PM
Feb 2010
So 1/6th of the Madoka series got delayed by 6 weeks. Does that make it Madoka 2?

Keep it at Fate/Zero please; no need to separate 1 and 2.
Cuz 1 year down the line, no one will know that there was a 1-cour break in between.
Oct 26, 2011 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
I would be happy to see the possibility of having two fate anime in top 10 or 30, but I also happy if both is joined, so I won't complaining.
Oct 26, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2008
Anime DB Guidelines said:
If a TV series is split into two parts and at least one season (~12 weeks) falls between the last episode of the first part and the first episode of the second part, the second part will be treated as a second season and the anime will be split into two entries.
Note: This is to organize currently airing series that have large gaps between seasons so entries are not left as currently airing for months on users' lists. (Examples: White Album, Asura Cryin') Thus, if a similar gap occurred with a series that has already finished airing, that entry will not be split now. (Examples: Cardcaptor Sakura, Big O)
We already have several examples of exactly the same situation and this will only get more prevalent in the future. Creating multiple entries makes the most sense for TV shows because they're supposed to have a consistent schedule with at most 2 weeks between episodes and leaving them airing for months at a time is undesirable.

Bakemonogatari was an anomaly that occurred because Shaft. We couldn't have known it would take 10 months for the last episode to air and the 13th aired only 5 weeks after the 12th. The exact same situation would have occurred with another 3 episode entry anyway (only the second part would have been set to airing for 10 months), so I don't feel the comparison is fair.

The title is still up for debate but will probably stay as-is if an official title isn't announced.
Oct 26, 2011 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
kuroshiroi said:
If a TV series is split into two parts and at least one season (~12 weeks) falls between the last episode of the first part and the first episode of the second part, the second part will be treated as a second season and the anime will be split into two entries.
Note: This is to organize currently airing series that have large gaps between seasons so entries are not left as currently airing for months on users' lists. (Examples: White Album, Asura Cryin') Thus, if a similar gap occurred with a series that has already finished airing, that entry will not be split now. (Examples: Cardcaptor Sakura, Big O)
We already have several examples of exactly the same situation and this will only get more prevalent in the future. Creating multiple entries makes the most sense for TV shows because they're supposed to have a consistent schedule with at most 2 weeks between episodes and leaving them airing for months at a time is undesirable.

Bakemonogatari was an anomaly that occurred because Shaft. We couldn't have known it would take 10 months for the last episode to air and the 13th aired only 5 weeks after the 12th. The exact same situation would have occurred with another 3 episode entry anyway (only the second part would have been set to airing for 10 months), so I don't feel the comparison is fair.

The title is still up for debate but will probably stay as-is if an official title isn't announced.

Are there any other examples? I think it's worth noting that the 2nd season of Asura Cryin' was announced at the end of the first season (unlike F/Z which was known to be 25 before we knew it would be split). I don't know the case for White Album in that regard but those seasons were separated by 6 months instead of 3. So these two at least are not the 'exact' same situation and I don't know of any that are. Most cited examples (such as TWGOK and Arakawa Under the Bridge) are really more two separate seasons of the same series for whatever reason rather than one full series like Fate/Zero is.
Oct 27, 2011 5:10 AM

Feb 2008
The basic idea here is that the second part has episodes numbered after the first series, i.e. the first season is episodes 1-13 and the second has 14-25 or 14-26 etc. So these are really two parts of the same series, just aired with a gap. This applies to White Album, Asura Cryin' and Fate/Zero. Whether or not they announced it with a gap is kind of irrelevant, imao, and the only reason we split them is to avoid having series set to airing without weekly releases.

I don't have any other examples because there either haven't been any since we implemented the guidelines or I just don't know about them :) Obviously there are lots of examples of this from the past but we won't be splitting those up for obvious reasons. All we could do was make up guidelines and follow them from then on.
Oct 27, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2011
Makes my list bigger!
Oct 30, 2011 6:06 PM

May 2011
It does seem pointless since it's only the second half of the series, but I don't really care :)
Oct 31, 2011 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
Terrible idea. The 2 seasons will be scored separately now because of this and 2nd season will be biased to be scored even higher than it should be.

The gap isn't large enough to warrant a second page either.
Oct 31, 2011 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
Albeit it's confusing for some others I'm fine with it I think :3 as long as they keep me entertained I'm happy. Anyone got a working torrent link with a lot of seeders for blue ray fate/stay night? I want to re-watch the series again and please don't give me the tv reproduction version.
Oct 31, 2011 8:55 AM

Dec 2010
Don't particularly care either way. Not much of an inconvenience, is it?
Nov 6, 2011 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
I think it's stupid, it's somewhat confusing.
Nov 6, 2011 9:19 PM

Mar 2008
First world problem strikes again. by the time the new season begins, nobody will care.
Nov 6, 2011 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
CaioKenXD said:
This isn't a new anime or a new season, is a continuation of the anime with a little stop.

But a "continuation of the anime with a little stop" is the definition of a new season.
Nov 7, 2011 10:23 AM

Jan 2010
My only 'concern' is that it will be awkward to rate them separately.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Nov 11, 2011 5:30 PM

May 2011
Fate/Zero fanboys should really love this idea.

First season has currently mean score of 8.82 after 6 episodes, not even half out yet. It will eventually be more than a 9. Fate/Zero second season is actually going to be A LOT better than first season, so it's about to get a lot higher mean score than first season gets. + The fact is, second season is generally always rated with higher mean score even if it is worse than first season is. Fate/Zero 2 is going to be in MAL top3, I believe.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 11, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
Karhu said:

First season has currently mean score of 8.82 after 6 episodes, not even half out yet. It will eventually be more than a 9. Fate/Zero second season is actually going to be A LOT better than first season, so it's about to get a lot higher mean score than first season gets. + The fact is, second season is generally always rated with higher mean score even if it is worse than first season is. Fate/Zero 2 is going to be in MAL top3, I believe.

Hear me now, quote me later: Fate/Zero 1 will hit top 10, Fate/Zero 2 will hit #1.
Nov 11, 2011 8:02 PM

Aug 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Karhu said:

Hear me now, quote me later: Fate/Zero 1 will hit top 10, Fate/Zero 2 will hit #1.

Well the 2nd half is a lot more emotional and a lot more serious than the first so thats not surprising. Thats pretty much the problem for me. The show would be judged separately when it should be judged as a whole.
Nov 12, 2011 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
kuroshiroi said:

So consistency for consistency's sake hu.

You know whats MORE undesirable from leaving anime on "airing" for a long time? Having one anime with one season split up as two, for twice the ranking, twice the tracking, twice the waste of database space.

Now some people are confused by this and for no good reason. And coming up with a arbitrary number like ~12 weeks as a cutoff is nonsense.

Hell you could change stuff that are ~12 weeks to a different status. That would still beat having a whole new listing for some phantom "season".
Nov 13, 2011 8:43 AM

Aug 2008
Hey, you know what else is stupid? Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon Season 2 being 2 separate entries.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Dragon Ball Z (US) and Dragon Ball Z (Original) but no Shin-Chan (US).

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Kara no Kyoukai is 7 entries with 1 episode while 5 Centimeters per Second is 1 entry with 3 episodes.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Official, legal, free simulcasts aren't listed but fansubs are.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? By the standard that MAL seems to use, Legend of the Galactic Heroes should be AT LEAST 4 separate entries.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 are considered OVAs while Bakemonogatari episodes 13-15 aren't.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 aren't even considered OVAs, they're labeled as Specials, seriously WtF is that shit?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.