Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2008 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series has definitley left a heart warming feeling behind. Fun to watch and with endearing characters!

Started off a little unevenly (though still enjoyable) and second half really pushed the character development into gear (particularly Daisuke and Risa) and the interweaving of the plot elements. Especially took care to give side characters origin and back story. Also a plus for me are the all round good seiyu performances and enjoyable soundtrack that fit well.

Can't believe I literally put off watching this for years, but better late then never! :P
Jul 24, 2008 7:01 PM
Jul 2008
Really love this series!! I wish it didn't end!! ^^'

Jul 28, 2008 10:41 PM

Dec 2007
nehnehneji said:

Can't believe I literally put off watching this for years, but better late then never! :P

Yes I agree, I don't know why I put it on hold for such a long time either, but I loved the, and off to read to read the manga now xD

Oct 21, 2008 9:40 PM

May 2008
really loved this series at the beginning it really didnt catch my attention but halfway through it got good
Oh and Dark was so hot and awesome ^_^
Oct 26, 2008 12:29 AM

Oct 2008
Loved the anime, very well rounded with a fair mix of action and romance.
Dec 6, 2008 5:12 AM
Nov 2008
Well... I didn't like it... the reason is easy. It was something wich made nearly no sense... all the "Black Wings" and everything had to be solved, so they did something wich, imo, is awful. They got the easiest definition... black wings is a monster... I love this anime's manga counterpart, and, since i love the manga, i hate this.

Hope it makes any sence
Dec 23, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Rewatching this series and as before, I really enjoy it! It is a shame though, I felt like the anime could have been a lot better. I forgot how much I was NOT a fan of the Ice and Snow arc. The emotions Niwa had, just made very little sense IMO and I didn't feel like it fit overall with the rest of the story.

Otherwise, great series, the romance should be an example for all anime. It's not too crazy (like Peach Girl, Hana Yori Dango, etc). The character isn't super indecisive (Orange Road). And it doesn't end after the couple becomes official.
Jan 19, 2009 8:14 PM
Aug 2007
Yeah definitely an enjoyable series. One of my friends loves the series and recommended it to me with the caution that the manga goes on leaving me to believe this would have an unsatisfying ending; however, as someone who likes closure, this was exactly as I would have liked it.

Not really any sadness at the end either, also something some had warned but guess that was just not being able to see Dark anymore.
Jan 30, 2009 12:49 AM

Apr 2008
The serie was good,but as some of you also said,it could have had a better story,or atleast a longer one. the plot itself was simple,but good. Dark/Krad had to go,we all saw that one coming before even finishing this last episode. Allthough it could atleast had a sequel to make it even more of a good ending, I'll give it a strong 9/10

Jan 30, 2009 12:51 AM

Nov 2008
I loved the fact that Krad was finally sealed in together with dark-san. But I'm definitely going to miss Dark-san ;A;. I also love the scene wherein Riku and Dai-chan kissed! :3 but overall, I didn't really loved the ending. It was, somehow, a bit of a cliffy for me.
Feb 3, 2009 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
This series itself wasn't "YAOWI" good and i don't consider rewatching it.
But it was a farily good and exciting anime with some comic-action and romance.
However, I did love the last episode, really stomach crunching.
May 27, 2009 7:24 AM
May 2009
Yeah I cannot believe myself that I cannot finish watching this series, I was one of the first persons to ever know about it with its manga long before its anime ever came out and I was so in love with it then stuff happened and I never managed to watch it - this summer hopefully I have tooo XD
Jun 30, 2009 2:44 AM

Mar 2008
Well finally finished watching the whole thing and overall it was a pretty good ride. There were some pretty nice characters and the romantic aspect was just fine also. I liked how people developed and the pairing of Daisuke and Riku worked just fine for me. It's nice when I'm supporting a pairing and it actually works out in the end.

The episode itself proved a major point. You can always get away with slapping someone if you make an emotional scene after. I mean if you counter your going to look like a jerk instead of the person who hit you first. It's a troublesome situation.

Anyways it could have been better, but really I'm satisfied.
Nov 3, 2009 9:40 PM

Oct 2009
I was gonna post some things, but after reading what flare knight said, basically all I need to say is...what he said exactly. Every single word.
Dec 10, 2009 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
Finally finished this show and it was a good ride. The romance was pretty good too and I liked it, that Dai got over his crush on Risa and fell in love with Riku. Some other maincharacters from other shows/mangas should take this as an example, forget about their crush and realize, that there are other girls. :)
Jan 16, 2010 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
Satoshi: "Niwa... can I have this coat?"
Daisuke: "Huh? Yeah, sure."

I like that. xD

This series makes little sense at times, but it's uber cute.
Jan 29, 2010 9:42 AM
Dec 2009
I rewatch it every year since it came out (idk i just find it to be a really good anime that sucks me in) and it gets better and better each time i watch it and it gets tired. The story was excellent and so was how the characters developed from jealousy to fallingi n love with someone else and realizing you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love and people to be happy in general. The development of daisuke getting over risa and becoming a couple with riku, the develeopment of risa wanting to see dark to realizing that she can't take it away from her grandma and supporting riku and daisuke, and how satoshi develops from this pessimistic cold character, to warming up to daisuke and people at the end when he asks for the coat. I think there was alot of confusion and scenes that caused boredom in the ice and snow arc which it still does for me...maybe if they re-did that part, then the anime would have been alot better and people would consider watching it again sometime. Overall series 9/10, i gve the last ep a 10/10 for heartwarmingness and how everyone changes.
Apr 30, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
so it's already farewell for Dark? that's quite sad... =(
May 1, 2010 6:09 PM

Apr 2010
wow. thats all i can say. in the beginning i thought this anime wasnt that good. after i watched it i just thought that this is going to be a memorable anime. they ended this pretty good. at least they didnt leave us hanging and not put a 2nd seaason. overall 10/10 for me.
Jun 3, 2010 10:48 PM

Feb 2010
the fillers kinda bored me but the main story was fantastic
Jun 30, 2010 6:18 AM

May 2010
It was a great episode and it made you want to watch it all the way through.. Allthough the anime kinda left me in tears the last 5 minutes I feel that it ended a little to sudden.. Somehow I think they should have made another season to it seeing as it ended the way it did..

A Good Ending - However not so good again..
I Myself Think they should have made Dark stay in the anime.. I think the anime would have been better if they kept him in changin into another form, A Boy with his own body or atleast Kept him in Daisuke one more season...
Sep 9, 2010 10:18 PM

Aug 2009
Darn. I just finished this anime... Started around 2 days ago.
I've watched some parts of the anime before when it was aired in my country. It just took a while before I decided to catch it again, going back onto memory lane...

Well, generally, I wanted more of the anime. It had amazing songs, both vocal and instrumental, and the characters were all pretty unique and special. Entirely, this anime stood out pretty well from the rest. If only they had made a season 2... I'll really love to watch it if a remake came out that is based entirely on the manga, like what happened to Full Metal Alchemist.

But, seeing the speed of the manga, it might take a little while before it will even end... So, I guess a remake is out of the question? ;.;

But still... A SEASON TWO!! ANYONE?!?!
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Sep 25, 2010 10:17 AM

Aug 2010
The first 10 episodes were kindof boring, but when Daisuke realized that he actually loves Riku instead of Risa it started to get very exciting. Although I guessed that it's going to happen in the end.

But anyway the ending was cool and almost perfect for the series, expect I so wanted to see they performing 'Ice and Snow' play in one episode, I was so looking forward to it. It would have been so much fun!

Jul 31, 2011 7:38 PM

Feb 2011
Very good series! Risa annoy me in the first episodes, but it was good to see her with a mature attitude towards the end. Rika its my favorite female character (and fav char in the series), nothing to complain about her. Also Daisuke annoy me a little in the beggining, but slowly it grew some balls and that's cool (?). Dark, good character nothing more to say.

8/10 :)
Oct 1, 2011 3:41 PM
Feb 2011
Probably the main part of this show I liked was the fact that Niwa didn't end up with the first heroin introduced in the show. Kind of put a little twist to the show. Was a good show for the most part. Bad voice acting for Niwa.

7/10
Oct 11, 2011 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
FlareKnight said:
Well finally finished watching the whole thing and overall it was a pretty good ride. There were some pretty nice characters and the romantic aspect was just fine also. I liked how people developed and the pairing of Daisuke and Riku worked just fine for me. It's nice when I'm supporting a pairing and it actually works out in the end.

The episode itself proved a major point. You can always get away with slapping someone if you make an emotional scene after. I mean if you counter your going to look like a jerk instead of the person who hit you first. It's a troublesome situation.

Anyways it could have been better, but really I'm satisfied.

You said it pretty nicely, and it is nice when the paring you want actually does happen lol its so rare. On the other hand I actually really enjoyed this anime it could have been better at parts but i think it deserves a 10/10
Sheepshaman.png
Mar 21, 2012 7:56 PM

Nov 2011
I dropped this anime before, came back to watch it. Didn't regret decision ^_^
Jun 15, 2012 6:16 AM

May 2011
I really loved the whole anime.
Kind reminds me of Chobits meets Ghost Hunt *-*

The ending of Dark and Krad was fair...but I wish Dark could finish with Niwa-kun.

The whole Daisuke-Hiwatari relationship is awesome... I mean, like a true friendship! Sometimes enemies, sometimes yaoi, sometimes best friends... just fantastic! *-*
I hate Risa, but the ending was nice for her... I liked Riku and I'm happy with her ending too.
Just no good for some deaths (?) that happened in the anime but this is good to give us some emotion, once the anime couldn't bring me to tears.. the closest scene that could get me feeling emotional was Daisuke and Hiwatari walking in the end.

D.N.Angel is too cute, has 3 great characters: Hiwatari, Dark and Niwa-kun and has a great main story, so I don't see why shouldn't give it a 10/10. Just loved it! :D
Jul 15, 2012 12:32 AM

May 2010
ending really wrapped it up perfectly.. wish they had skipped that freedert thing though i really dont know what that was about lol. but in the end.. it was perfect. the kiss, hiwatari.. riku and daisuke <3 and.. dark.. ILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!
Jan 12, 2013 6:51 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
pretty good. Think it was rushed too much, not too sure what the hell was going on besides racing to stop Black Wings, but the nonstop ACTION kept me watching. Dark's exit coulda been done better. At least I'm satisfied it ended with a kiss from Niwa and Riku.

first half of series 10/10 score
second half of series 8/10

Overall quality about a High 8 to 9, but my biased ass will give this series a 10/10 cause it's become one of my favorites! Truly ONE OF A KIND! EXTRAORDINARY ANIME!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 20, 2013 6:54 PM

Jun 2012
in the beginning i did not know what to expect it was good but had some really big irritating points but soon they changed that to a awesome anime

nehnehneji said:

same here why did i w8 so long to watch it
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 27, 2013 9:53 PM

Aug 2010
This show is just ok. I don't know why some people on here are giving it a 10.
May 27, 2013 8:52 PM

May 2013
Great series. 9/10
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 PM
May 2013
nie rozumiem dlaczego to skończyli i dlaczego Dark musiał zniknąć. Szczerze mówiąc na początku go nie lubiłam ale teraz będzie mi go brakować. Chyba już nikt nie zrobi takiej postaći w żadnym anime jak ta :(
Oct 20, 2013 2:20 AM
Aug 2013
It was really nice anime! Loved it (:
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens
Dec 31, 2013 6:32 AM
Dec 2013
It was a great anime to watch.
It's one of my FAVE!
The story of Ice And Dark so as the song are great.
I quite feel sad, sympathy....
But. Why did the story end up like that?
I like and hope for a continuation.
It was really a kind of anime i really like!
Jan 5, 2015 8:03 AM

Jan 2012
what an ending.it was a little sad .goodbye black thief.
Dark was sealed away .I need more of dn angel! 7/10

Jul 14, 2016 5:29 PM
Nov 2010
Pretty interesting and fairly well thought-out. It was what I expected.
Jul 15, 2016 6:43 AM
Aug 2015
Good anime, but felt it trailed off towards the last couple episodes. I was hoping for more of the thievery that was present at the beginning, but a decent anime overall i guess.
Aug 25, 2016 9:13 PM
Mar 2014
Really enjoyed it, would recommend. Really glad that Daisuki moved on when he realized that Risa doesn't feel the same way and I loved how his relationship with her twin, Riku developed even though the original trigger was the kiss from Dark in the first episode. I've seen romances butchered or rushed too many times and with this one, it felt like the progression was right overall. Could it have been better? Sure. Would've loved more moments where they spend time together etc... but it's pretty good overall.

Liked the cast as well and how everyone has their own quirks and personalities. Developments were great too including Risa realizing that she was being selfish and becoming a 'fine lady'. OP was amazing to listen to. Only thing I would've liked is my previous mention of more moments and maybe more dark vs krul fights, nothing else. 10/10.
Jul 21, 2021 6:32 AM
Dec 2017
i wish a reboot that is more manga accurate was made from this really awesome series.

Jul 28, 2022 1:33 AM
Sep 2013
I'll comment on the episode first and then I'll go to the final impressions:
I really liked this final episode Riku discovered that Dai was Dark, we had a maturation of the main characters, all of them, we had a decent fight between Dark and Krad, we had the junction of the Harada sisters with Mio, in the end I think the Mio really fell in love with Daisuke.
We had Dark finally sacrificing himself to end this curse of the two families, which for me is a decent ending for him, it's actually the perfect ending since the two angels weren't even supposed to exist in the first place, Daisuke and Satoshi became friends and we had an indication that maybe Satoshi breaks up with Risa, which I already said is shit for me.
I didn't understand why Dark's family members were still alive if he was gone, they should have left with him.
And to finish we had the kiss of Daisuke and Riku to end the series.
Now I'm going to comment in general about the anime.
I'll start with the characters, all the characters in this series were good, in the sense that they all had their charisma and were in-depth, even the ones we hate, have their charisma that makes us hate them, if they were bad we would I wouldn't feel anything for them, we could even hate them but it would be in another sense.
The only problem with the characters was the villains Krad and Kei, who had no apparent motivation to do what they did, for example power or something, I thought Krad wanted to break free but they didn't even mention that.
About the History I confess that it is a little convoluted, first Dai is shown as a kind of ninja receiving special training from his family, something that is almost never explored, in all episodes if we had 5 minutes of Dai doing something is a lot, Dai never actually becomes a phantom thief, even the final episode to which he puts the mantle on is more emotional than anything else.
This part of the theft of artifacts has also never been explored properly, there are other series with this theme that explored much better.
The Dark and Krad angels are also not well explored, this mystical part of the series is almost never explained, again, in several other series that have a mystical tone, they do much better than this one.
Now let's go to the romance part that for me is the worst of all, for me they should never have mixed a romantic drama in this series, Daisuke at the beginning of the anime likes Risa for no reason, Risa likes Dark for no reason, until Riku, who is the one who had the most reasons to like Daisuke, there are very few, bordering on laughing, it seems that the whole novel was kind of by the author's personal taste to pass some message on his head, I don't know how to explain it right so I'll give examples , Dark gets involved with Risa just to use her, Risa gets involved with Daisuke just to use him as a slave, to cater to his every whim, Daisuke had a genuine love for Risa, albeit without motivation, just to have his feelings destroyed for the girl, Riku liked Dai, because she had to like him for the story to have a romance, that is, nothing was going naturally.
I saw that a lot of people didn't like the Ice and Snow arc, for me it doesn't make sense since it's the best part of the series, this entire piece of the finale is above the average of the entire anime even in animation if I'm going to take this question into consideration.
Even with this ending, I think Dark is the character I hate the most, I can't forgive what he did in episode 14 (kissing Risa), he shouldn't meddle in matters other than the robberies and mystical matters, it seems like the author had him doing it just to cause, for no reason at all, he didn't need to get close to Risa, so much so that after that he forgets about her.
The second character I hate is Risa, it seems that it was a character created just to hate her, in this series I couldn't hate any villain, it seems that the villain of the entire series was Risa.
Before giving my grade I can "defend" this anime a little, the manga only ended in 2021, although it started in 1997 and the anime is from 2003 I don't think they had material to adapt it right but as I haven't read the manga I can't say how much better the animated series is and how different it was.
I'll also mention that the story is for the Shoujo audience, which explains most of the series' problems, before someone pisses me off in the future, I'm not saying that female authors do bad work, in fact for me the best work is Full Metal Alchemist who was a woman who wrote and I'm not even saying that there are no good Shoujos but in fact most have several narrative problems like the one I described in my review.
So that's it I give 7/10 to the anime, because I didn't find it a boring anime and apart from these problems that will definitely make me not recommend or rewatch it in general it's not bad qualitatively.

PT-BR

Vou comentar sobre o episodio primeiro e depois eu vou para as impressões finais:
Eu gostei muito desse episodio final a Riku descobriu que o Dai era o Dark,tivemos um amadurecimento dos personagens principais,todos eles,tivemos uma luta descente de Dark e Krad,tivemos a junção das irmãs Harada com a Mio,no final acho que a Mio realmente se apaixonou por Daisuke.
Tivemos Dark finalmente se sacrificando para acabar com essa maldição das duas famílias,o que pra mim é um final descente para ele,na verdade é o final perfeito visto que nem era para os dois anjos existirem para começo de conversa,Daisuke e Satoshi viraram amigos e tivemos um indicio que talvez Satoshi termine com a Risa,o que eu já falei que pra mim é uma merda.
Não entendi porque os familiares de Dark continuaram vivos se ele se foi,eles deveria ter ido embora junto com ele.
E pra finalizar tivemos o beijo de Daisuke e Riku para encerrar a Serie.
Agora vou comentar de forma geral sobre o anime.
Vou começar sobre os personagens, todos os personagens dessa serie eram bons, no sentido de que todos tinham seu carisma e foram aprofundados, até os que a gente odeia, tem seu carisma que faz a gente odiá-los,se eles fossem ruins a gente não sentiria nada por eles, a gente até poderia odiá-los mas seria em outro sentido.
O único problema com relação aos personagem foram os vilões Krad e Kei,que não tiveram nenhuma motivação aparente para fazerem o que fizeram,por exemplo poder ou algo assim,pensei que Krad queria se libertar mas nem isso chegaram a mencionar.
Sobre a Historia confesso que é um pouco enrolada, primeiramente é mostrado Dai como uma espécie de ninja recebendo um treinamento especial da família dele,coisa que quase nunca é explorada, em todos os episódios se tivemos 5 minutos do Dai fazendo alguma coisa é muito,Dai nunca se torna um ladrão fantasma de fato, até no episódio final ao qual ele coloca o manto é mais emocional do que qualquer outra coisa.
Essa parte do roubo de artefatos também nunca foi explorada direito, existem outras series com essa temática que exploraram de maneira muito melhor.
A parada dos anjos Dark e Krad também não é explorada direito, essa parte mística da serie quase nunca é explicada, de novo, em várias outras series que tem um tom místico fazem muito melhor que essa.
Agora vamos para a parte de romance que pra mim é a pior de todas,pra mim nunca deveriam ter misturado um drama romântico nessa serie,Daisuke no inicio do anime gosta da Risa por motivo nenhum,Risa gosta de Dark por motivo nenhum, até a Riku que é a que mais teve motivos para gostar de Daisuke,são muito poucos, beirando ao risório,parece que todo o romance foi meio que por gosto pessoal do autor para passar alguma mensagem da cabeça dele,não sei explicar direito então vou dar exemplos,o Dark se envolve com a Risa só para usa-la,Risa se envolve com o Daisuke só para usá-lo de escravo,para atender todos os seus caprichos,Daisuke tinha um amor genuíno para Risa,embora sem motivação,só para ter seus sentimentos destruídos pela garota,Riku gostava do Dai,porque ela tinha que gostar dele para a historia ter um romance,ou seja nada estava correndo de forma natural.
Vi que muitas pessoas não gostaram do arco Ice and Snow,pra mim não faz sentido visto que é a melhor parte da serie,esse pedaço inteiro do final é acima da media do anime inteiro até mesmo em animação se for levar esse quesito em condideração.
Mesmo com esse final, acho que Dark é o personagem que eu mais odeio, não consigo perdoar o que ele fez no episódio 14(beijar Risa), ele não deveria se meter nos assuntos que não fossem sobre os roubos e assuntos místicos, parece que o autor colocou ele fazendo isso só para causar, sem motivo algum, ele não precisava ter se aproximado de Risa,o tanto que depois disso ele esquece ela.
O segundo personagem que eu odeio é Risa,parece que foi um personagem criado só para termos ódio dela,nessa serie eu não consegui odiar nenhum vilão, parece que o vilão da série inteira era Risa.
Antes de dar minha nota eu posso “defender” um pouco esse anime, a manga só foi acabar em 2021, embora ele tenha começado em 1997 e o anime seja de 2003 não acho que eles tiveram material para adaptar direito mas como não li o manga não posso opinar o quão melhor é da serie animada e o quão diferente foi.
Vou citar também que a história é pro publico Shoujo o que explica grande parte dos problemas da série, antes que alguém me encha o saco no futuro,não estou falando que autoras mulheres façam trabalhos ruins,na verdade pra mim a melhor obra é Full Metal Alchemist que foi uma mulher que escreveu e nem estou falando que não exista Shoujos bons mas que de fato a maioria tem vários problemas narrativos como o que eu descrevi na minha análise.
Então é isso eu dou 7/10 pro anime,isso porque não achei um anime chato e tirando esses problemas que com certeza vão me fazer não recomendar e nem reassistir em geral ele não é ruim qualitativamente.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 2 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 11, 2009

14 by Daviljoe193 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 1 Discussion

nehnehneji - Jul 5, 2008

20 by Daviljoe193 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:35 PM

» DNAngel Tarot Cards

Remacno - May 31, 2010

4 by Tenshika11 »»
Feb 25, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 12 Discussion

Fariago - Jun 24, 2011

6 by Teirayo »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:36 PM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 25 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Jan 5, 2015

2 by nomad8 »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.