Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »
May 27, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated
NGE : Nothing to say I felt it was really boring with a lot of meh moments I don't get why a lot of people say it's a mind fuck because it barely shocked me.

Welcome to the NHK : I didn't really get the point of the story the character development was really iffy and I just hated that despicable senpai character. This post sums up my disappointment in this show.

RAINBOW: Oh man this anime really disappointed me I was so happy while watching it thinking I am gonna have a new favorite anime but nope it drastically went down hill after ep 11, the main character suddenly became an illogical idiot and then the second part of the anime happened where there is no plot and the main villain of the first part get handled pretty easily and then they move to character arcs where basically every character in their own respective arc have a dream or something they want to accomplish but in the end of the arc the fail to do it but the rest of the friends help that said character to move on or to deal with it and then repeat that formula in every single arc [ Problem happens > Problem get solved > repeat] so much wasted potential.

Black Lagoon : This show is basically a non intentional parody of US actions movies we got Revy who is the cliche hot and powerful female character who is badass with a gun and shoots in sexy poses and have tattoos and short jeans with a sad background story, then the calm black guy with black glasses and oh did I mention that he is badass with a gun?! and then the nerdy looking Jewish guy who is peaceful and only handles computer related stuff. It follows the same action logic US action movies has, the bad guys shoot a million bullets but they never hit them or scratch but the good guys only win with two guns. There is not much of plot to speak off nor any noticeable character development maybe Rock but it only happened in a couple of episodes then he stuck to being a static character for the rest of the series.

Eureka 7 : Where to even start, I hated all the character and the ones I liked got killed by the biggest dick in the anime, I am huge fan of romance but Renton and Eureka relationship is really disappointing, Renton basically is the typical wimpy guy who fell in love with Eureka in first sight and Eureka just kinda doesn't care for him that much until he leaves and she suddenly start developing feelings for him. I can go on and on about why I hate the characters but meh I don't really want to remember and the ending was so cheesy. Ughh Give me back all that time D:

Underrated
Bakemonogatari :D
May 27, 2013 1:47 PM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
Welcome to the NHK : I didn't really get the point of the story the character development was really iffy and I just hated that despicable senpai character. This post sums up my disappointment in this show.

jal90May 27, 2013 2:00 PM
May 27, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Jyu-Oh-Sei is underrated
May 27, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
johnyjohny said:
natssuu said:
Fairy Tail and Angel Beats! Both have the same rating 8.59 which is ridiculously too high
Don't judge a anime you dropped man.

By that logic, would it mean that a person who dropped an anime on it's last episode should also not have the right to judge it? I didn't watch it to the last episode, but I know enough to say that Fairy Tail is overrated.

I don't like you yhunata. And yes 17 episodes out of 175 is way to less to rate a anime let stand judge about it being crap. Hitman reborn had that 23 episodes of crap going on for example and i heard that LOTGH needs time to get fun, so yes. You don't see me hating on Naruto right? And i admit Fair tail is very cliche and stole a lot of things from other shonen but the most important part is that it is enjoyable. And is certainly more epic in 175 episodes than Naruto i bet.

Ow and tsudecimo
tsudecimo said:
Overrated
NGE : Nothing to say I felt it was really boring with a lot of meh moments I don't get why a lot of people say it's a mind fuck because it barely shocked me.

My reaction to almost all your dislikes
johnyjohnyMay 27, 2013 1:59 PM
May 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

May 27, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
SlothNamakemono said:
Venuduck said:
Overrated: everything you like
Underrated: everything I like

Makes sense. But what if something I like happens to be something you like, this a problem for a greater mind than mine.
Not going to lie, my mind has just been ninja'd.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

May 27, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
johnyjohny said:
natssuu said:
Fairy Tail and Angel Beats! Both have the same rating 8.59 which is ridiculously too high

Yes I do, 17 episodes and the show was already filled with fillers, Natsu's power ups were just ridiculous and heroine was only good for fanservice. I decided to read the manga and got bored immediately.
May 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:

Ow and tsudecimo
tsudecimo said:
Overrated

It's okay I know it's hard for you to use words and have an actual discussion, well at the very least don't use overused gifs..

@jal90: I think I would have liked it if I read the novel because from what I read here I think the light novel is much better than the manga and the anime.
May 27, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
johnyjohny said:

Ow and tsudecimo
tsudecimo said:
Overrated

It's okay I know it's hard for you to use words and have an actual discussion, well at the very least don't use overused gifs..

@jal90: I think I would have liked it if I read the novel because from what I read here I think the light novel is much better than the manga and the anime.

Anime follows the novel, manga went off the rails
May 27, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
daniyan said:
tsudecimo said:
daniyan said:

Agreed with Angel Beats!, i don't like it much, and fortunately isn't a Kyo Ani produced anime, if it was, maybe can would have even best rating, this anime deserves an 8 but no more than 8.3.

Kyoani fag in a nutshell.

Hey, at least i didn't watched K-on! and can still not watching this anime yet. But i have to accept your offense in a good manner and consider it as constructive criticism.
No need to defend that which you enjoy, friend.

If he really thinks you're a KyoAni fag just for wishing that they had produced a certain show, then that's a bit presumptuous and unfortunate on his part.

And by the way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with watching, liking, and enjoying K-On! In fact, you should go watch it now. Seriously. Go. Now.

Sincerely,
A KyoAni Fag

May 27, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
johnyjohny said:
yhunata said:
johnyjohny said:
natssuu said:

By that logic, would it mean that a person who dropped an anime on it's last episode should also not have the right to judge it? I didn't watch it to the last episode, but I know enough to say that Fairy Tail is overrated.

I don't like you yhunata. And yes 17 episodes out of 175 is way to less to rate a anime let stand judge about it being crap. Hitman reborn had that 23 episodes of crap going on for example and i heard that LOTGH needs time to get fun, so yes. You don't see me hating on Naruto right? And i admit Fair tail is very cliche and stole a lot of things from other shonen but the most important part is that it is enjoyable. And is certainly more epic in 175 episodes than Naruto i bet.

I wasn't talking about natssuu. I was asking a rhetorical question. Fairy Tail was great until the Oracion Seis arc. After that, the villains just got plain horrible. And so did Natsu's power-ups. In fact, Natsu's power-ups were plain ridiculous. And the happenings.
Things like this takes away the enjoyment factor of Fairy Tail.

As for Naruto, the original Naruto was great (obviously, there were no fucking fillers until they reached episode 130). Up until then, the enemies were great, the fights were great and the development was great. Then came Shippuden which fucked the whole thing up with it's fillers (post pain-arc fillers, that is).
May 28, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
AndyRayy said:
daniyan said:
tsudecimo said:
daniyan said:

Agreed with Angel Beats!, i don't like it much, and fortunately isn't a Kyo Ani produced anime, if it was, maybe can would have even best rating, this anime deserves an 8 but no more than 8.3.

Kyoani fag in a nutshell.

Hey, at least i didn't watched K-on! and can still not watching this anime yet. But i have to accept your offense in a good manner and consider it as constructive criticism.
No need to defend that which you enjoy, friend.

If he really thinks you're a KyoAni fag just for wishing that they had produced a certain show, then that's a bit presumptuous and unfortunate on his part.

No, I called him a Kyo ani fag because he said he would rate it higher if Angel beats was made by Kyo ani.
May 28, 2013 12:44 AM

Mar 2012
KyoAni are were a way better studio than PA Works. But they were making K-On Season 2 at that time which I personally think was a much better use of their time.
May 28, 2013 1:33 AM
May 2013
lol Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are neither overrated nor underrated; both are masterpieces that are widely acknowledged as such

May 28, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
johnyjohny said:
yhunata said:
johnyjohny said:
natssuu said:

I wasn't talking about natssuu. I was asking a rhetorical question. Fairy Tail was great until the Oracion Seis arc. After that, the villains just got plain horrible. And so did Natsu's power-ups. In fact, Natsu's power-ups were plain ridiculous. And the happenings.
Things like this takes away the enjoyment factor of Fairy Tail.

As for Naruto, the original Naruto was great (obviously, there were no fucking fillers until they reached episode 130). Up until then, the enemies were great, the fights were great and the development was great. Then came Shippuden which fucked the whole thing up with it's fillers (post pain-arc fillers, that is).
Well if you say so i have not seen it until episode 15 or so. Btw that fairy tale arc was pretty shitty yes but it was a filler arc, and after that they follow the manga again. But you know what i give Naruto a try some day again.
May 28, 2013 2:20 AM

Apr 2011
johnyjohny said:
Well if you say so i have not seen it until episode 15 or so. Btw that fairy tale arc was pretty shitty yes but it was a filler arc, and after that they follow the manga again. But you know what i give Naruto a try some day again.

Oracion Seis was in the manga. The first filler arc was the Daphny (?) filler arc. After that, it was the first arc that came after the time skip. There were about two filler episodes before the Oracion Seis arc, but that's all the filler that was in Fairy Tail.
May 28, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
johnyjohny said:

Oracion Seis was in the manga. The first filler arc was the Daphny (?) filler arc. After that, it was the first arc that came after the time skip. There were about two filler episodes before the Oracion Seis arc, but that's all the filler that was in Fairy Tail.
ow that arc. No don't think that was a bad arc. No around episode 125 until 150 is a filler arc that did not apear in the manga.
Jun 3, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
OVERRATED: Suzumiya, Gintama, Code Geass, K-on, Bakemonogatari...

UNDERRATED: it's hard to say, maybe Nichijou...

All my opinions are based not only on MAL.
Jaguer91Jun 3, 2013 10:00 PM
I luv u
Jun 3, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
Overrated: Naruto, FMA, Bleach...etc.
Underrated: ....perhaps Helling?
Jun 3, 2013 10:06 PM

Apr 2013
overrated - sword art online (action good writing meh-bad, doesn't deserve massive hype and following)

though, im rather disconnected from the anime community so i cant quite say anything, though im willing to back baccano! as underrated
rigamortisJun 3, 2013 10:21 PM
Jun 3, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
DeathStroked said:
What other anime is in the "etc."?

Jun 3, 2013 10:10 PM
Feb 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin.

Hahahahahaha.
Jun 3, 2013 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
There are a billion different things that I'd be warranted in listing as overrated, but to name just a few (some of which I still enjoy regardless):

DBZ
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Oreimo
Strike Witches
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist (original and brotherhood)
Outlaw Star
ToLoveRu
Ikki Tousen
Queen's Blade
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Karas
Akira
Another
Angel Beats
Code Geass R2
Gundam Wing
Redline
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Saint Seiya

As for underrated:

IGPX
Gundam X
Gosick
Love Live School Idol Project
Gundam Seed (in some circles)
Rozen Maiden
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 4, 2013 12:03 AM
Mar 2011
Underrated
90% of sunrise 's pre Bandai owned stuff
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 4, 2013 12:56 AM

May 2013
Overrated - Cowboy Bebop. It was alright, but it gets way too much hype than it deserves. Granted it was likely amazing for its time.
Underrated - Bakemonogotari/Nisemonogotari. A lot of people don't like it and it doesn't get the credit it deserves because it is so mainly focused on dialogue. Nobody really notices how witty and funny it is.
Jun 4, 2013 1:12 AM
Feb 2012
Krizzo said:
Overrated - Cowboy Bebop. It was alright, but it gets way too much hype than it deserves. Granted it was likely amazing for its time.
Underrated - Bakemonogotari/Nisemonogotari. A lot of people don't like it and it doesn't get the credit it deserves because it is so mainly focused on dialogue. Nobody really notices how witty and funny it is.

Oh no, you've activated their trap cards!
Jun 4, 2013 2:09 AM

Sep 2012
Overrated: Gintama, Naruto, SAO

Underrated: Ga-Rei: Zero, Trigun, City Hunter
Jun 4, 2013 3:02 AM

Apr 2010
The most underated is School Days, most people hate it because of it being different instead of being the same usual cliche high school romance anime.

Plus most just don't get what the show was trying to be and whine about it for unjustified reasons.
Jun 4, 2013 11:35 PM
Mar 2013
el_putazo said:
DeathStroked said:

Probably One Piece and other inexplicably popular modern series structured exactly like Dragon Ball Z.
CbubblesJun 4, 2013 11:39 PM
Jun 5, 2013 12:39 AM

May 2012
Can't remember if I've posted here before...

Overrated:
Toradora!
Ouran Highschool Host Club
Welcome to the NHK! (I just didn't like it...)

Underrated
So Ra No Wo To
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Gunslinger Girl
B Gata H Kei (My favourite ecchi)
Jun 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Feb 2013
Sword Art Online is seriously overrated. Even i as a SAO fan am starting to think that this anime should have less attention.
Jun 5, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
Elit3Blaze said:
Sword Art Online is seriously overrated. Even i as a SAO fan am starting to think that this anime should have less attention.
Well then you aren't paying attention.
Jun 5, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Cbubbles said:
el_putazo said:
DeathStroked said:

Probably One Piece and other inexplicably popular modern series structured exactly like Dragon Ball Z.

That's almost just as vague as "etc".
Jun 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
Overrated: Evangelion
Underrated: Welcome to the NHK
Jun 5, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
Overrated: Angel Beats.
Underrated: There are many, but for the sake of argument, I will go with Haibane Renmei considering it is very similar to Angel Beats yet was made about 8 years prior.
Jun 5, 2013 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Cbubbles said:
el_putazo said:
DeathStroked said:

What? How is One Piece in any way structured like Dragonball Z?
Jun 5, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
Overrated: Aside from the long-running anime, I'd have to say ef - a tale of memories. That's the last time I have high expectations for an anime series.
Underrated: Kaidan Restaurant {not so much underrated as underexposed}, Cat Soup, and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai.
"For you all lives are created equal, that's why I came back
to life. But you've finally come to realize it now, haven't you?
Only one thing is equal for all, and that is death."

Jun 5, 2013 7:00 PM
Feb 2012
IntervisioN said:

... one being that both are produced and animated by the same studio?
Jun 5, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
filmftw1 said:
IntervisioN said:

... one being that both are produced and animated by the same studio?
Do the companies structure the anime? The manga does. I guess having filler arcs between arcs is similar in them.
Jun 5, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Mars of destruction
Based on my enjoyment, I don't even know...

Jun 5, 2013 7:40 PM
Feb 2012
scabab said:
The most underated is School Days, most people hate it because of it being different instead of being the same usual cliche high school romance anime.

Plus most just don't get what the show was trying to be and whine about it for unjustified reasons.

Amen brother.
Jun 5, 2013 7:49 PM
Jun 5, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2013

I find Type Moon series as whole to be overrated. From my experience, they try too hard to be more than they really are.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 5, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2012

All of the Type Moon's anime are seriously overrated. They are some of the best examples of over-used CGI methods, generic cookie cutter character designs and boring plots.

Yet. Lots of people worship trashy shows like Fate and Kara like crazy. :P
Jun 5, 2013 11:55 PM

May 2013
Most underrated anime ever.. Devil survivor 2.
Jun 6, 2013 1:40 AM

Oct 2009
Most overrated anime: Ano Hana
Most underrated anime: Zettai Karen Children

Cman107 said:
Overrated: Angel Beats.
Underrated: There are many, but for the sake of argument, I will go with Haibane Renmei considering it is very similar to Angel Beats yet was made about 8 years prior.

Haibane is absolutely nothing like Angel Beats.

DeathStroked said:

Bitch FMA is way above you! Don't you dare talk trash about it!
lucjanJun 6, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 6, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2010
Leapling said:
Most underrated anime ever.. Devil survivor 2.

Not at all.
Jun 6, 2013 10:27 AM
May 2013
Attack on Titan certainly gets more attention than it deserves. I believe it's currently ranked as the 10th best anime on the site, and it's not even halfway finished.
Jun 6, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
Genocyber

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 13 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
21 seconds ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

27 by BitChilly »»
1 minute ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

22 by BitChilly »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
21 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 7 hours ago

6 by MasterTasuke »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.