Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2011 9:51 PM

Jun 2008
She's such a cute and nice girl, but the characters and the show itself treats her like a background character.

It's ironic since she's SUPPOSEDLY the "Main character".

I understand at the beginning it was a joke to make the Main character so uninteresting....but we only have 5 episodes left and they continue to pick on her.

BTW, I'm not talking about the running gag at the very beginning.....I think that's hilarious.

However during the ACTUAL show they don't give her anything to do and the other characters don't seem to interact very well with her.

Imagine if K-ON! treated Yui this way...

or if A Channel treated Run like a background character...
--ALEX--Aug 15, 2011 9:55 PM
Aug 15, 2011 10:17 PM
Aug 2010
They should focus more on Akari and less on Chinatsu. Chinatsu is annoying...

I think she was designed to be a character without much presence (just kind of a normal girl) and so there wasn't much room to do much with her. The gag took over the character.

This anime does do a good job as my guilty pleasure anime though (though I found both K-on and A-Channel to just be boring).
Aug 15, 2011 10:19 PM

Dec 2010
Who?

Though having a quartet does sound more fun. I like the triplet here and all, but another character could spice things up.
Aug 15, 2011 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
chessmaster1989 said:
They should focus more on Akari and less on Chinatsu. Chinatsu is annoying...

I've been thinking that since episode 1...

chessmaster1989 said:
The gag took over the character.

Unfortunately that seems to be what happened.

chessmaster1989 said:

This anime does do a good job as my guilty pleasure anime though

Well....YEAH, who doesn't love Lesbian lolis???
Aug 16, 2011 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
On the bright side. There are characters like her who know that feel.

You know, like her.
Aug 16, 2011 7:15 AM

Nov 2008
Few care even the mangaka, it's done this way in the manga as well, the fact that Akari getting raped is easily forgotten tells you she is insignificant. Plus Yuru Yuri isn't about Akari, it's more about the drama of the various couplings that are present, she doesn't have one so she is insignificant.

Aug 16, 2011 9:41 AM

Sep 2009
It's for the SCHADENFREUDE.
Aug 16, 2011 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
Akari needs a love interest, maybe she can fall for her sister, or become a lolicon and fall in love with the little sisters of the other characters.

Aug 16, 2011 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Akarin needs more action.

Aug 16, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
Akamitsu said:
Akarin needs more action.

Yes she does, especially when her own sister wants her, best way for quick significance and yuri wincest.

Aug 16, 2011 4:01 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pretty funny how they introduced her like the heroin, but then she faded into the background.
Aug 17, 2011 8:33 PM
Aug 2011
I think her invisibility makes her funny xD
Aug 17, 2011 8:54 PM

Feb 2011
alexcampos said:
She's such a cute and nice girl, but the characters and the show itself treats her like a background character.

It's ironic since she's SUPPOSEDLY the "Main character".

I understand at the beginning it was a joke to make the Main character so uninteresting....but we only have 5 episodes left and they continue to pick on her.

BTW, I'm not talking about the running gag at the very beginning.....I think that's hilarious.

However during the ACTUAL show they don't give her anything to do and the other characters don't seem to interact very well with her.

Imagine if K-ON! treated Yui this way...

or if A Channel treated Run like a background character...

People get too hung up over this, it's true to the source material, that's the only real material they have to use for her. The manga started the same way, and then Akari faded into the background really quickly. The mangaka's commented on this at points as well. I think it's simply that Namori didn't create a romantic pairing for her and so there's really no use for her as a character due to that. And Namori seems uninterested in changing this, so it's unlikely to change. Akari's just a joke character now, so there's no sense in getting bent out of shape about the anime treating her exactly the same way she's treated in the manga.

I'm not sure changing it would be a good idea, it would probably throw off the balance of the character relations at this point and very possibly could destroy the series.
Aug 18, 2011 5:14 AM

Jul 2011
Actually i think is very funny the fact that they treat Akari like shit ! xD
Aug 18, 2011 9:53 AM
Aug 2011
I wonder how they're going to interrupt her intro in the next episode! I'm actually looking forward to that LMFAO XD!

I bet that once the series is completed, SOMEONE on youtube is going to make a compilation of her botched intros :P.

It might be me. Or someone faster LOL XD
Aug 19, 2011 10:01 PM

Dec 2010
The creators can be mean to her, and her friends can tease her I won't mind. But those damn kids sticking sticks into her hair was overdoing it because we don't know how well those kids know her.

I wonder if she will redeem her lack of presence later on. She's so cute and nice dammit!
Aug 21, 2011 5:24 PM

Jan 2010
Akarin is so cute to ignore her or leave her as a background character... Kyoko and Akarin are the main sources of moe for me in the anime, as Chinatsu has a fucking annoying personality and character design with Yui just looks boring as shit. I hope she gets some major screentime soon.
Aug 22, 2011 12:33 PM
Aug 2011
Lol, at least in episode 8, she had company this time xD!
Aug 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Dec 2010
chibola said:
Lol, at least in episode 8, she had company this time xD!

...And then she really did have no more screen time. But later on at least we did get to see her backside for just a little moment.

But it's okay I still love her the same! My ranking:

Akarin>Ayano>Chinatsu(I like even more when she's mad/frustrated)>Himawari/her little sister>the rest. I think I will like the council president Rise very much too, there hasn't been a female student presidents that I haven't liked. Predicting she may come in between my Akarin, Ayana or Chinatsu scale.
Aug 22, 2011 1:12 PM
Jan 2008
duh she gets treated like shit in the mango so she gets treated the same way in the animu
Aug 22, 2011 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Because people are stupid enough to still be amused by slapstick comedy.
Aug 24, 2011 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
Because it's funny
Aug 24, 2011 1:08 PM
Aug 2011
I love slapstick comedy :P
Aug 24, 2011 1:12 PM

May 2009
chibola said:
I wonder how they're going to interrupt her intro in the next episode! I'm actually looking forward to that LMFAO XD!

I bet that once the series is completed, SOMEONE on youtube is going to make a compilation of her botched intros :P.

And I am going to watch that video many times.

I do like that the presence-less girl, really has no presence at all (I did expect it to be a joke that would wear off). But for me it just becomes more funny the more they ignore her.

I watch with the thought that Kyouko is the real main character. I think she even stands out the most in the OP.
Aug 29, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2009
Her lack of presence makes her very outstanding to me.
Aug 29, 2011 7:28 PM
Aug 2011
lol in ep 9, even her spirit was pretty lacking xD lol
Oct 17, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
aiNkyy said:
Actually i think is very funny the fact that they treat Akari like shit ! xD
thats so mean D: akari is a person too...wait...who?(she has the Canada complex...refrencing the show hetalia :D)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2011 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
chessmaster1989 said:

This anime does do a good job as my guilty pleasure anime though (though I found both K-on and A-Channel to just be boring).

Ahh..., so that is the problem

/take a note
Jul 16, 2017 5:35 PM
Dec 2011
PseudoJord said:
It's for the SCHADENFREUDE.

I only feel Schadenfreude when someone does something bad and gets punished for it (i.e. Kyoko pisses off Yui and Yui hits her in the head).
Jan 2, 2020 12:31 PM
Apr 2019
I thought something like Daily lives of a high school boys. it's well written as they don't show Tadakuni to some parts and that's what it makes it funny at the same no one actually remember until the credit talk about it. In yuru yuri I always mind Akari but the thing in this series is the writing is trying hard to exclude Akari as "Convenient Joke". I will understand it if the author use it occasionally as Daily lives does, but instead it will continue until the end and that's why im pissed about it. it doesn't give much the meaning of "Lack of Presence" as a joke, it's even not funny in the first place more like ok to me. lets talk about Kiniro Mosaic, Karen lacks screentime but there is a reason and it does make sense, they could actually make Shinobu as a Character that lacks presense and does exclude in screen as "Convenient Joke" but they didn't. because its not funny. idk about you but this how I see yuru yuri. the more i mind akari the more the anime itself isn't fun to watch
Nov 6, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 2017
if you regard yuru yuri as a parody of CGDCT, as it should be, then it makes sense. the protagonist of most if not all CGDCT series is bland and impressionable (so the reader/watcher can fill in) and the side characters are always more interesting. so Yuru Yuri kind of pokes fun at that trope as it does with a lot of CGDCT tropes. it really isn't that serious. this whole show is supposed to be taken as a jab to the CGDCT genre.. and if you dont see that you completely missed the point (not you specifically, just people that complain in general.) its kind of like complaining that konosuba is offensive... its supposed to be lol that's the whole point. it's a parody of the isekia genre so it's wntire comedic tone is centered around making fun of and twisting overused isekai tropes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.