Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 11, 2022 11:54 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is amazing, but so devastating. Time to rewatch Aria to heal myself...
Jan 24, 2022 7:11 PM

Jan 2016
azerdarkblade said:
This anime is amazing, but so devastating. Time to rewatch Aria to heal myself...

haha, it's funny you say that as Aria and this are my top 2 anime
Feb 3, 2022 12:50 AM

Dec 2018
another show that's way too far up it's own ass
pretty bad until the last few episodes
Apr 7, 2022 6:44 PM
Sep 2019
it was alright, would've liked it more if it wasn't so boring at times
May 16, 2022 8:21 PM

Dec 2021
such a good show, lots to dissect from this. from how each major character symbolizes a sort of principle we all should live by to the idea of how theres not really any god, at least the way i see it. yoshii and kano are the ones that pull the strings but ultimately meet their demise, possibly to prove that they are nothing more than human. closes its themes perfectly. also a well written narrative & characters. would've been a 10 but i found about half of the episodes (mainly the first 6 episodes and some of the episodes around 11-16) to be boring. good thing the ending was just incredible and strong enough to reach my favorites. i also should've paid more attention to these episodes cuz they may have spilled their motivations (unless the motivation itself to do something about their lifeless city)

i really do wanna recommend this but i feel like people would just find it boring :(

good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Sep 17, 2022 6:20 PM
Mar 2022
Fav ep of all time.
Oct 1, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2020
It was good overall but felt so dragged out sometimes.. I think I'll have to rewatch it later cuz honestly I began losing focus at the end
Nov 1, 2022 6:10 PM

Dec 2019
Probably the best anime I've ever watched. You can literally read any dialogue from this show and say that it's a masterpiece.
Nov 8, 2022 4:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Went into this for a change of pace, not really expecting to enjoy it, but having a faint glimmer of hope that it'd be something special for me. For lack of a better term, I will almost never pick up one of these more 'elitist' titles, other than Lain and Ergo Proxy which I plan to watch next since those are like the two big ones. So anyway, I really was not expecting to like this very much. Throughout the course of the runtime, I was thinking it was alright. I wasn't bored, I was at least mildly intrigued. And despite the dark and heavy tones, the depressing atmosphere, the muted colour palettes with even a noise filter overlaying it on multiple occasions, it actually felt like a breath of fresh air to have something so raw and visceral as compared to the moe moe kyun shounen power of friendship stuff that we get now in mainstream anime. Now I rate pretty much entirely based on my own enjoyment of the show, and I was feeling a 5/10 or a 6/10 throughout. But finishing this last episode... gave me one of those rare feelings, the kind of feeling where you kind of just sit and stare at the credits, and continue to stare at your blank black screen even after they finish. Is this what a masterpiece is? It's dark, it's depressing, there's like no hope whatsoever to be found here, yet it's somehow so beautiful. Maybe there's peace in knowing that nothing matters.

Anyway, I don't know really how to feel about this score-wise, it's a very rare occurrence for me to not know what number to put on said anime after finishing it. It's like it not only deserves, but needs something else other than a number. Last time I felt this way from an anime probably had to be clannad after story. For now, I think I'll leave it at a 7/10, I believe it deserves no less than that.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 9, 2022 2:13 PM

Aug 2020
Still a great story... Gotta rewatch this.

Nov 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2020
NickWolffr09 said:
Probably the best anime I've ever watched. You can literally read any dialogue from this show and say that it's a masterpiece.

What's nice about it is that this is not a show that wastes time with unnecessary conversations. It just wants to show a rabbithole story, nothing more than that.

Jan 17, 2023 4:50 PM

Dec 2010
Some of the theories posted by people were really interesting, but I think that I like the most one that I saw on YouTube - while maybe everything was bound to go down in chaos, Ichise is at fault for never making the best of the chance at life he was given. Just because the world around him sucks big time, it doesn't mean that he can't make bonds with people and look to build some positive relationships, instead of walking around listlessly for most of the show's duration. If one thinks about it, Oonishi was holding up this "inferno" under control with his sole strength of character for the longest time. If more people down there tried to work towards a better future, who knows what the outcome could have been?

One thing I don't like about the idea of humanity being split in two radical opposites is that it seemingly doesn't allow for the existence of benevolent or truly good people. Oonishi, Ran and eventually Ichise come the closest from the underworld and the "best" we saw from the Surface world was someone who at least cared for his friend (despite the latter being a deranged psychopath). The Class is even worse, with Doc doing her best deed solely on a whim.  
Mar 7, 2023 4:13 AM

Dec 2022
Great anime. I didn't really care about any of the characters, but neither did they, so I don't mind. The aesthetic, music and plot were all expertly crafted. It didn't mess around with irrelevant subplots, and everything tied neatly together at the end. Texhnolyze aspires to be as overwhelmingly pessimistic about its universe as it can be, and never fails at doing so. Consistency in intent is valued when writing anime, and Texhnolyze does not forget its purpose for even a second.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 14, 2023 10:14 PM

Mar 2021
The ones above who have everything... waiting for death; those below who are struggling for life... are dead. The world has ended for the people in Texhnolyze.

I really wasn't sure about this series when I first started it, and even considered dropping it after the first few episodes. I'm glad to say that I saw it through to completion. While roughly the first half of the series isn't very good in my opinion (although it does set the tone which is important), the second half was absolutely amazing and carries the whole series for me. The ending tied everything together and was satisfying. Texhnolyze explored a wide variety of topics and did a good job with them; it did not shy away from taboo ideas.

I'm not sure why, but I always end up loving shows that devolve into insanity and everyone dies.
Jun 11, 2023 12:57 PM

Oct 2019
I really felt nothing from this end, tbh. Its cool seeing all these interpretations about these characters and how depressing it all is but I just felt emotionless about the end. Only character i really cared for was prolly Onishii.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 11, 2023 6:03 PM

Feb 2016
i'll leave a few thoughts i had about the last episode since most "plot points" were there

1. the things about myths is that they don't abide by reality; the time of myth is a time out of time
2. one thing that never gets mentioned is that Doc's 'ghost' comes back to help Ichise: we get a shot of her painted in that strange light that sorrounds the above ground people (their ghosts) while sitting naked in her chair
3. when it comes to anime, there're only a few things to me that comes close to the image of the shapes taking roots, eternally condemned to that state of inertia, being mirrored by dragon-flys. the fact that this new form of life, born from Texhnolyze, literally takes "root" in the city gives a physical form to the idea that all the Texhnolyze were connected as a neuronal chain by the city through the obelisk
4. speaking of images that mirror each other, Rafia's flowers are life being evoked by death. it's precisely why Ichise throws Ran's remainings there, and why the flower appears in the very last scene
5. Kano's words - that there isn't anything wrong about their genes, that this is all a delusion, and that the whole city is a product of his mind - gives room to people interpreting the show as 'everything is a dream'. doesn't really sits well with me, i prefer to take Kano as a deluded mind. whatever it may be, Ichise's answer to Kano's is essentially the same one he gives to things like 'fate': he punches it as hard as he can
6. by the end of the story, Ichise has grown to have something as a sense of place, of duty. that's why he never gives in to fate and chooses to return from the upper world, despite all odds. it turns out that Ran was right about the future she foresaw, Ichise destroyed everything and ended up alone, but the most important thing is that Ichise denied it, that he was able to change himself, even if the outcome is the same (death). this work in the literal sense (of the story) and in bigger sense (like a moral)
7. all things considered, a crushing finale, again. I don't really like the simplistic take of "it's a life affirming show because Ichise finds meaning in humanity's fall"; it's not that this notion is necessarily wrong, but the images of the end of this myth are really hard to take lightly

i would love, love, love if we could ever get more material about this show translated, or if Konaka suddenly decided to talk about it before he's dead. it's highly unlikely that this will ever happen, though...

till the next time, Texhnolyze
Jul 5, 2023 4:17 AM

Oct 2021
i cried. such a beautiful ending, the start of this show might not have been great but the ending is masterpiece and gave me a depression that i was literally on verge of crying. i really liked ran's character and our protag, ichise finally found peace as the last man standing and eventually passes away..
Jul 19, 2023 9:13 AM
Aug 2020
Once there was an ugly barnacle
He was so ugly that everyone died
The end.
Aug 2, 2023 12:49 PM

Apr 2019
Worst anime ever made
Aug 16, 2023 8:38 PM
Jun 2023
Im still waiting an explanation why Ran was following this random dude(ichise) everywhere. Why Kano is not resisting at the end to be killed its weird. 
 To me was this mistery in the first 7 episodes(i think) that made this show interesting, damn it changed to a gang war with lots of boring dialogue and it finished with this weird city and the returnal to lukkus. Well thats Chiaki J. Konaka for you, hes good to create weird concepts but bad at wraping it up. 
i give this show a 6/10 because im not happy with this conclusion. Its like he dont know how to finish a show and kills everyone to never make a sequel or a movie. 
its crazy how theres not a explanation to what the hell happened in the surface. 
Aug 23, 2023 10:36 AM

Oct 2015
There will never be something like this ever again.
Sep 15, 2023 7:57 PM
Aug 2023
a very melancholic ending. i would expect no less from Texhnolyze. its really the ending, of everything. the Shapes are truly in hell as the last beings alive.
Jan 4, 9:50 AM
Jan 2022
Ótimo anime

Não esperava gostar tanto, 10/10
Apr 24, 11:40 AM
Mar 2022
So good, takes time to watch and some patience, but definitely worth it
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.