Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
"Big 3" of course meaning the top 3 animes.

Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

Out of those, which is your favorite?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2011 1:43 AM

Dec 2010
Well out of the Big 3 (One Piece, Naruto, Toriko)

I'd have to say OP > Toriko > Naruto

The new villain in Bleach might push the series back up, we'll see.
I mean, Tsukishima was a fine hero this whole time (Remember when he called for an ambulance? That was badass) but Aizen REALLY dragged on.
Good thing Tsukishima came through.

The new villain Ichigo seems interesting enough, though his design's lacking.
Aug 13, 2011 2:09 AM

Jun 2011
notsureifsrs said:
Well out of the Big 3 (One Piece, Naruto, Toriko)

Toriko being in the Big 3 has been doubted quite a bit recently. It definitely isn't selling as well as Bleach and isn't very well known outside of Japan; thus, the big 3, in most people's books, is Naruto, Bleach and One piece.

I only read Bleach out of the three so.......Bleach.

Aug 13, 2011 2:11 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
OP>Naruto>Bleach

Though tbh Bleach shouldn't even be in the list for me since it still sux for me and Tsukishima hasn't rly made it better . Or well , Ichigo disappoints me so much that Tsukishima can't rly shine xD

And I'm seriously thinking of starting Toriko . So many seem to like it even though it never appeals to me from the description xD
Aug 13, 2011 5:02 AM

Aug 2011
Well, i've only ever watched bleach so can't really have an opinion on the others, although I didn't like the first episode of One Piece too much.

But as i'm here, I might as well ask for opinions...I'm up to episode 55 of Bleach, and not sure if I should carry on watching as it seems like this soul society arc is finishing soon. I don't want to carry on for another 200 episodes as that is crazy. There's too many other more meaningful animes to watch instead. But just saying, is it worth carrying on much longer after this Rukia/soul society arc finishes?
Aug 13, 2011 5:03 AM

Dec 2010
No.
Aug 13, 2011 5:34 AM

Feb 2008
Tinseltopia said:
Well, i've only ever watched bleach so can't really have an opinion on the others, although I didn't like the first episode of One Piece too much.

But as i'm here, I might as well ask for opinions...I'm up to episode 55 of Bleach, and not sure if I should carry on watching as it seems like this soul society arc is finishing soon. I don't want to carry on for another 200 episodes as that is crazy. There's too many other more meaningful animes to watch instead. But just saying, is it worth carrying on much longer after this Rukia/soul society arc finishes?

Judging One Piece by the first episode is like judging a book by its cover.
As for Bleach, just read the manga after you're done with the SS arc.
Aug 13, 2011 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
Gintama.

But One Piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bleach=Naruto
Aug 13, 2011 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
aren't there more than just the 'big' 3 now? i.e. fairy tail

Aug 13, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
None. I used to watch Bleach, but I stopped once the shinigami arc ended.
Aug 13, 2011 8:04 AM

Mar 2011
For me its probably bleach, maybe its because I havn't watched one piece:P
Aug 13, 2011 8:10 AM

Aug 2011
Definitely One Piece for me :)
Aug 13, 2011 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
One Piece >≠ Naruto + Bleach :D

Aug 13, 2011 8:28 AM

May 2010
Deceptikolz said:

I think you mean just without the ≠ sign
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 13, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:
Deceptikolz said:

I think you mean just without the ≠ sign

yup, but it gives more emphasis. :D

Aug 13, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2011
Toriko is so much better than Bleach so I'm just gonna include it instead of Bleach.

One Piece > Toriko > Naruto

Toriko seems to be almost as good as OP though.
Aug 13, 2011 8:32 AM

Aug 2011
ide say out of all 3 of those naruto is the lesser of 3 evils, i hate all 3 of those shows but if i had to see on ide pick naruto only becouse of the nostalgia factor and that the quality of that serise took longer to dip

bleach went to shit after baout 30 episodes
one peice was bad from the start(OPPINION dont get on my ass about it)
but with naruto things didnt go bad till about 60ish episodes when naruto and saskue fought, after that is where things went wrong
Aug 13, 2011 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
longshoremanX said:
one peice was bad from the start(OPPINION dont get on my ass about it)

One Piece starts of bad. So it's not "bad from the start" but "has a bad start".

If you watch more than 63 episodes you may love it.
Tiago97Aug 13, 2011 8:57 AM
Aug 13, 2011 8:56 AM

Feb 2010
One Piece is definitely the best of those 3.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 13, 2011 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Urusei Yatsura.
Aug 13, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2011
Kayro said:
Tinseltopia said:

judging any show by 1 episode is just idiotic, lets label off some of the really amazing shows your not gonna watch cause they didnt have a good first episode

legend of the galactic heroes
clannad
both FMA's
tokyo magnitude 8.0
gintama's first few eps were not really funny at all
those ar ejust to name a few, its actually really hard to find a show with a good first ep
Aug 13, 2011 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
Bleach. The characters in Naruto are unbearably annoying and I don't like One Piece's art style, so I'll have to go with Bleach.
Aug 13, 2011 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
PockyBebop said:
Bleach. The characters in Naruto are unbearably annoying and I don't like One Piece's art style, so I'll have to go with Bleach.

You DO know everything Bleach fails on having right? LIKE A FREAKIN' PLOT!
Aug 13, 2011 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
Big? Hm... K-ON.
Aug 13, 2011 9:28 AM

Aug 2007
OP is easily the most creative, engaging and fun to watch compared to the other two. They don't compare in the least bit.

AnnoKano said:
Urusei Yatsura.

haha, yes I agree with this indefinitely.

Aug 13, 2011 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
well imo there are more than 3 (Gintama) but it wouldnt really be fair to compare Gintama to the ones mentioned =P. but out of the 3 mentioned ive only really stayed dedicated to Bleach but its only decent, It would be a shit load better if it stuck to the main story without shoving in filler arcs every 10 or so eps. cuz ill admit that it has its occasional badass moments but they just dont happen frequent enough. havnt even tried Naruto, and i watched 2 eps of One Piece but its seemed too childish for my taste.
Aug 13, 2011 9:31 AM

Aug 2011
longshoremanX said:
Kayro said:
Tinseltopia said:

judging any show by 1 episode is just idiotic, lets label off some of the really amazing shows your not gonna watch cause they didnt have a good first episode

clannad
both FMA's
tokyo magnitude 8.0
those ar ejust to name a few, its actually really hard to find a show with a good first ep

I didn't judge the whole series by that episode...Just saying that's all i've seen of OP and didn't enjoy is particularly much...So i can't actually form a valid opinion on it.

I know more than anyone that some 1st episodes are crap and so can't judge a whole series on them. Just don't hate on me for a comment taken out of context
Aug 13, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2011
Fuzzhx said:
well imo there are more than 3 (Gintama) but it wouldnt really be fair to compare Gintama to the ones mentioned =P. but out of the 3 mentioned ive only really stayed dedicated to Bleach but its only decent, It would be a shit load better if it stuck to the main story without shoving in filler arcs every 10 or so eps. cuz ill admit that it has its occasional badass moments but they just dont happen frequent enough. havnt even tried Naruto, and i watched 2 eps of One Piece but its seemed too childish for my taste.

I love how people think OP is childish. If you hadn't have said "seemed" I'd verbally kick your @ss.

Bleach sucks. The fillers are better than the main story. Tite Kubo is just a little troll. "Plotkai!"

As I've said many times before, OP's full potencial is only reached after more than 64 episodes.
Aug 13, 2011 9:45 AM

Nov 2010
Tiago97 said:
Fuzzhx said:

I love how people think OP is childish. If you hadn't have said "seemed" I'd verbally kick your @ss.

Bleach sucks. The fillers are better than the main story. Tite Kubo is just a little troll. "Plotkai!"

As I've said many times before, OP's full potencial is only reached after more than 64 episodes.

lol saw this comment coming a mile away. people need to stop thinking that their own opinion is the only correct one. and I have no doubts in my mind that OP plot or watever eventually gets pretty enjoyable. but its just the way i am, if i see something like stretchy arms or to give another example, the mechs on airboards from e7, if i see anything that IMO is kinda lame it makes it really hard for me to stick with the anime long enough for it to get good.

I know i have OP on my dropped list but im still considering to give it a chance to atleast 100 eps eventually, tho it could be a while.
Aug 13, 2011 9:46 AM

Jun 2011
One Piece. I've only seen a little of it so I'm not as tired as I am with the other 2 which I've seen more of.
I don't really care for any of the big 3, I lost track of One Piece and got tired of Bleach and Naruto.
Aug 13, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
Tiago97 said:
Fuzzhx said:

^^This guy is right ^^

To be honest I was bored out of my mind over the first 30 or so One Piece episodes, but after that every single arc was better than the previous one... It is a shonen that truly deserves a 10/10. But I also agree with the guy who was wrong about One Piece, Gintama is the best anime. About Naruto and bleach, well... Naruto is kinda getting better heading towards that 4th ninja war thing, but Bleaches fillers piss me the hell off. The story arcs are kinda rushed, but watchable (compared to the manga) but the fillers MAJORLY piss me off.
Aug 13, 2011 9:50 AM

Aug 2011
someguy112 said:
Tiago97 said:
Fuzzhx said:

^^This guy is right ^^

To be honest I was bored out of my mind over the first 30 or so One Piece episodes, but after that every single arc was better than the previous one... It is a shonen that truly deserves a 10/10. But I also agree with the guy who was wrong about One Piece, Gintama is the best anime. About Naruto and bleach, well... Naruto is kinda getting better heading towards that 4th ninja war thing, but Bleaches fillers piss me the hell off. The story arcs are kinda rushed, but watchable (compared to the manga) but the fillers MAJORLY piss me off.

To quote you: "^^This guy is right ^^"
Aug 13, 2011 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
Naruto.
Aug 13, 2011 11:36 AM
Mar 2011
this idea of the big three is crap in TV ratings there no were near

FACT
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 13, 2011 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
KeiranShikari said:
Gintama.

This
I haven't watched any of the Big 3
Aug 13, 2011 11:40 AM

Aug 2011
Fuzzhx said:
Tiago97 said:
Fuzzhx said:

lol saw this comment coming a mile away. people need to stop thinking that their own opinion is the only correct one. and I have no doubts in my mind that OP plot or watever eventually gets pretty enjoyable. but its just the way i am, if i see something like stretchy arms or to give another example, the mechs on airboards from e7, if i see anything that IMO is kinda lame it makes it really hard for me to stick with the anime long enough for it to get good.

I know i have OP on my dropped list but im still considering to give it a chance to atleast 100 eps eventually, tho it could be a while.

I never said my oppinion is the only right one.
Aug 13, 2011 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
One Piece

Aug 13, 2011 11:48 AM

Aug 2011
Tinseltopia said:
longshoremanX said:
Kayro said:
Tinseltopia said:

clannad
both FMA's
tokyo magnitude 8.0

I didn't judge the whole series by that episode...Just saying that's all i've seen of OP and didn't enjoy is particularly much...So i can't actually form a valid opinion on it.

I know more than anyone that some 1st episodes are crap and so can't judge a whole series on them. Just don't hate on me for a comment taken out of context
not haitng sorry if i came of that way, i was more tyring to give advice saying to never judge shows off the firs few eps, like for a 24 ep serise make it to at least around 7 or 8 episodes, granted for like 12 ep serise ide say 5 or 6 is abotu right
Aug 13, 2011 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
Tiago97 said:

sry im goin on 22 hours of no sleep trying to reset my sleeping schedule and i see people acting like they have the opinion of a god all the time on MAL mostly on threads like these so i unintentionally took your comment the wrong way.
Aug 13, 2011 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
I only tried Naruto and Bleach, so out of them, I pick Bleach.
I still have to give One Piece a chance.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Aug 13, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2011
Fuzzhx said:
Tiago97 said:

sry im goin on 22 hours of no sleep trying to reset my sleeping schedule and i see people acting like they have the opinion of a god all the time on MAL mostly on threads like these so i unintentionally took your comment the wrong way.

22 hours... BAH GAWD! Ya need to sleep.

No problem :D
Aug 13, 2011 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
For Bleach I just don't really care. For OP and Naruto, I won't even touch 'em with a 10 foot pole.
Aug 13, 2011 1:22 PM

Sep 2009
Naruto > Bleach

I haven't watched OP because of the killer episode count, but from what people say I think that I'd like it more than both of the above. :U
Aug 13, 2011 1:28 PM

Jun 2010
I don't really watch Naruto, but I can easily say I like One Piece much more than Bleach. Both series are inconsistent on various levels, but still likeable. The only thing Bleach has going for it over One Piece is animation.
Aug 13, 2011 1:29 PM

May 2011
the first on I dropped was Naruto. I just dont like how 1 battle could last 10 episodes.
as for bleach, I currently watching until eps 326, and I don't know if I ever want to continue.
OP: I like the drawing style, and most of all, I like the idea of pirate's adventure. So I see why it goes on >500 eps.

of all the three, i'd say Bleach is the first favorite, though Bleach is nor my favorite title. And I think Fairy Tail beats all of the 3. Now if only Fairy Tail animation were as good and fluid as K-ON
Aug 13, 2011 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
One Piece can be pretty funny and entertaining, the fights tend to drag on though but that's the problem with every Shonen.

I don't like Naruto at all, dropped after the first few episodes.

I have never seen Bleach and don't have any interest in it either.
Aug 13, 2011 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
Hongo-Takeshi said:
this idea of the big three is crap in TV ratings there no were near

FACT

I believe this big three title is based on world wide popularity since very few people watch sazae-san outside of Japan.

Fuzzhx said:
i watched 2 eps of One Piece but its seemed too childish for my taste.

That is actually a very common first impression of One Piece and completely understandable. However, if you are interested here is the comment of a person who followed the the series that had the same first impression you did:

"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
Aug 13, 2011 2:55 PM

May 2011
One Piece.

No competition here.
Aug 13, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2010
Laxus-Dreyar said:
One Piece.

No competition here.

That. One Piece is awesome.
Aug 13, 2011 3:16 PM

Nov 2009
Anime
One Piece > Bleach > Naruto

Naruto and bleach anime are complete garbage. The manga's however are decent.

Manga
One Piece > Naruto > Bleach
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What'd I say?

SgtBateMan - 1 hour ago

3 by Tirinchas »»
7 seconds ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 4 hours ago

14 by APolygons2 »»
17 seconds ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 3 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

107 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you allow an anime robot resembling an attractive human female to take your virginity?

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

38 by Spunkert »»
8 minutes ago

» This has been the worst 6 weeks of anime I have seen in a long time.

StateofOhayo - 45 minutes ago

5 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.