Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2011 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
I used to think Bleach > Naruto > One Piece

But now Id have to say Naruto > Bleach = One Piece
Aug 19, 2011 9:32 AM

Aug 2011
Hexorb said:
Naruto > Bleach = One Piece

That makes no sense whatsoever. You mean Naruto + Bleach = One Piece, right? Or Naruto + Bleach < One Piece?
Aug 19, 2011 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
Tiago97 said:
Hexorb said:

That makes no sense whatsoever. You mean Naruto + Bleach = One Piece, right? Or Naruto + Bleach < One Piece?

He probably means "Naruto is better than both Bleach and One Piece, which are about even".
Aug 19, 2011 9:55 AM

Jun 2010
Naruto.

I've stopped watching One Piece but I still read the manga, pretty much stopped caring about it though.

Same with Bleach, except the last five or so chapters have been really good and I'll probabaly start watching the anime again once it gets back to canon.

Naruto > One Piece > Bleach

Even though at the moment I'm liking Bleach more One Piece is still better overall.
Aug 19, 2011 10:28 AM

Jun 2011
I haven't watched a single episode of any of them. But I have heard good things about each one of them. Maybe when they've been completed. (YEAH RIGHT) I'll sit down and waste half a year on them but meh. not for me atm!
Aug 19, 2011 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
Narmy said:
Tiago97 said:
Hexorb said:

He probably means "Naruto is better than both Bleach and One Piece, which are about even".

Winner
Aug 19, 2011 9:11 PM
Feb 2011
Naruto. I've never seen Bleach and I haven't watched much One Piece.
­
Aug 19, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
One Piece, I urge anyone how don't watch one piece or were turn off but the show art style(cause I use to think the show was stupid cause of the art) boy was I wrong One Piece is a total fun anime. I also like Naruto but the characters can be so annoying (Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto himself), and Bleach pff those fillers are so pointless and boring and the main villain Aizen is just idk...to powerful.

One Piece>Naruto>Bleach

☯ĄŴĖŞŐΜĖ☯!
Aug 19, 2011 11:14 PM

Jul 2007
One Piece for sure. The story is just awesome and it's actually getting better when heading for the 5xx episode, which i couldn't say for Bleach or Naruto.

One Piece *a billion miles away* Naruto and even further Bleach.
Aug 20, 2011 12:18 PM

May 2011
i have pretty much dropped naruto and one piece, i have bleach currently on hold mainly because i still have alot more eps to catch up and theres just so much other anime i want to watch

for me its bleach > naruto > one piece
bleach is actually not too bad to me, the characters arent as overly annoying as the others in OP and naruto. and even tho im generally not too into the action in any of these, bleach just has a cooler feel to it and is somewhat more enjoyable.

OP imo was just bad, even back when i was younger and actually enjoyed stuff like naruto, even this failed to grab interest because of how the characters were.

naruto was ok growing up, but then i got a little more mature and it just seemed childish, so i stopped watching it

bleach, however still has a small spark of interest and one day, when ive gone thru alot of anime on my PTW list, il pick it back up and see how it goes. but as for now its kind of low on the totem poll of what i want to get into so it may be a while
Aug 20, 2011 8:54 PM
Aug 2011
WARNING: LONG REPLY (LOL)

Never watched OP. My friend's thoughts, "It's a guys' anime and is pointless in watching except for the comedy and maybe for your favorite character." I'm sure it's not bad, so I'm going to watch it soon! I'm watching/reading Bleach now. I'm about updated with Naruto in manga and anime.

I think Naruto's anime is better than Bleach's. Bleach has so many filler arcs that it's annoying. Naruto has them, but Bleach's are way longer. Naruto's longest were 5 episodes. Naruto Shippuden's longest was 23. The one now has been on for about 3. Sure, Bleach's shortest was 3, but the next-to-last one is 17. The longest was 35, and the one now has been on for about 18. I'm aware that Naruo has a larger number of filler arcs though (rather than length), and I understand they need to wait for the mangaka to publish more. It stilll annoys me.

But I think Bleach's manga is better than Naruto's. It's easier to read, understand, and follow than Naruto. Naruto has been getting a bit confusing lately (last of what I've read).

So which one is better overall?

Bleach's beginning three arcs were awesome, and Naruto's first was slow. However, Naruto's next few arcs were good and faster; and Bleach's fell from where it was. I'm told "It's gotten even worse after the
(which is where I am currently).

Naruto's characters are alright, and character development is good. Bleach's characters are alright, but I don't think I've seen enough to judge on character development.

Naruto's had only two goals for a while overall.
However, Ichigo's goal has been vague.
so far anyway. I'm sure it hasn't changed. Can you see the end for either of those goals? I see an end for Naruto's. Either he dies or becomes
Ichigo's can go on forever! Either things need to stop happening
or Ichigo dies.

Conclusion? Naruto is the better anime. Bleach is the better manga. Your preference for which is better overall. I want both to end soon, but, at the same time, I don't want them to. The plots and characters (you can say) are much the same.

I'm sure you're thinking 'what a lame ending for that entire argument.' Well, what can I say? I was bored. I am also aware that this post is for my specified favorite and not to convinced others of my choice. I'm think this is acceptable though. If you actually read this, thanks for taking the time for reading and (hopefully) replying.
(Source for those filler calculations: Naruto and Bleach's wiki)
notinuseAug 20, 2011 11:10 PM
Aug 20, 2011 11:32 PM

Aug 2011
femalegoblin said:
I haven't watched a single episode of any of them. But I have heard good things about each one of them. Maybe when they've been completed. (YEAH RIGHT) I'll sit down and waste half a year on them but meh. not for me atm!

This ;)
Aug 20, 2011 11:36 PM

Mar 2011
One Piece all the way
Aug 21, 2011 1:26 AM
Dec 2009
I avoid them like the plague because I only watch 'unknown' and 'underrated' animes.

I can't tell you what these animes are because if I did it's going to be known and rated and I'm not going to feel special anymore. Thus they cannot be seen or heard by anyone other than me. That's why I feel so special....
Aug 21, 2011 2:35 AM
Jun 2011
I think you forgot fairy tail...

Its better than naruto!!
Aug 21, 2011 10:18 AM
Aug 2011
Naruto Shippuuden. But I no longer watch any of these.
Aug 21, 2011 3:23 PM

Sep 2010
witefeathers said:

WARNING: LONG REPLY (LOL)

Wall...

Wow, you must really have been quite bored; that post nearly fills up my entire screen and I'm on 1600x1200. That certainly is an impressive wall you managed to type up there. Seeing an actual analysis of shows like Naruto/Bleach surprised me.

In honor of your wall, I will now present my own. No one outdoes me at making walls of text!

By the way, our compatibility is the highest I have ever seen on this website, although that seems to be a more a product of closely clustered scores amongst our shared series more than anything else.

@ all the people mentioning other anime: Naruto, Bleach, and One piece are the generally accepted members of the Big 3. "Big 3" refers to popularity and not quality - this is why you don't see people mentioning elitist shows such as LOGH, Monster, etc. Also,with regards to fairy tail - let it hit episode 200 and see what happens to it. Decreasing quality over time is typical for long running shounen series, although I will admit that fairy tail does seem significantly better than Naruto/Bleach as of right now.

As for my personal opinion, I have watched enough of Naruto and Bleach to realize that they aren't for me. They just kept getting worse for me. I can't speak for the current trend, since I've dropped them for several years now, but I couldn't see it reversing anytime soon.

I do realize that I'm no longer within the target demographic of these series, which has obviously contributed to my dislike of these series - I remember really liking them when I was younger. Obviously, the old "I'm too old for this" applies to me here.

I've only watched a few episodes of one piece, but I didn't like what I saw. Since I haven't given it too much of a chance, I won't try to judge it, although I have heard many plausible sounding reasons as to why one piece is a better show than Naruto/Bleach.

Between Naruto and Bleach, I'd have to say Naruto is probably the better series. The stories both consist of typical DBZ style plot development, as expected of long running shounens, while the characters in Naruto are better designed as a whole.

Yes, the main characters are stupid beyond belief. Consider the other characters, however. In Naruto, they are given actual roles and characterization. Consider how characters such as Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Itachi have their own fleshed out backstories, motivations, personalities, and clear roles in the plot. In Bleach, they consisted of Orihime yelling "Kurosaki!" over and over, with Chad/Ishida moving in to beat down random lower level baddies not worthy to fight Ichigo, who is moving in to take down the boss of the arc.

Bleach's deterioration after the end of the SS arc was actually pretty sad to see. It felt to me as if the writer just ran out of steam, and started coming up with random nonsense to continue the story - a sentiment shared by many others. Were I considering Bleach from the beginning up until the end of the SS arc, I would be favoring Bleach without question.

Keep in mind that I am writing these statements in the context. I realize that they are not high caliber shows by any means, but I can still say something in one is done better than in another. Also, as always, this is my opinion, so keep that in mind before flaming.

I would prefer not to be flamed by elitists telling me everything about these shows suck, and that I am wasting my time writing about them (which I probably am, but I am bored enough that it doesn't matter), or by rabid fanboys/girls out to get my blood for not agreeing with them (=_=).
Aug 21, 2011 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
Bleach for me hahahaha ^)^ I have never watched one piece, and i couldn't get into naruto

Awawawawawa Moop!
Aug 30, 2011 3:53 AM

Jul 2010
One Piece
Aug 30, 2011 4:26 AM

Jul 2011
Manga-Bleach
Anime-One Piece
Aug 30, 2011 5:41 AM

Apr 2009
Well. Seeing that I hate the monstrosity called One Piece with passion...
leaves us with Naruto and Bleach.
Although by this point, both of those series have failed miserably and made me lose most interest in them - overall, I think Bleach is the better one.
The world of Naruto itself is a bit more interesting but nothing excuses the majority of the main characters being plainly retarded.
Meanwhile, Bleach only has Orihime in that front.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Aug 30, 2011 6:01 AM

Aug 2011
Bleach just because I remember more of it I never watched one piece but I used to watch Naruto alot when I was younger. I got to the point where the one kid goes to the dark side and gave up watching it. No offense but the English voice actors sucked for that show.
Aug 30, 2011 6:06 AM

Jan 2009
I haven't watched Naruto.
My choice is One Piece. It managed to preserve it's story course, has no plot holes, keeps unraveling new and exciting things, also characters' development is great. It's a well thought world that combines heart wrecking and joyful moments. Art style is amazing and manages to deliver every emotion to it's depth.
Aug 30, 2011 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
Not a big fan of those, but I like Bleach much more than the other two.
Naruto has become just boring and uninteresting, and One Piece is dreadful.

Xayoz said:
Well. Seeing that I hate the monstrosity called One Piece with passion... leaves us with Naruto and Bleach.
Although by this point, both of those series have failed miserably and made me lose most interest in them - overall, I think Bleach is the better one.
The world of Naruto itself is a bit more interesting but nothing excuses the majority of the main characters being plainly retarded.
Meanwhile, Bleach only has Orihime in that front.
QFT.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Aug 30, 2011 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
For Me Naruto=Bleach
and i have never watched One Peice
Shitty-CookAug 30, 2011 6:51 AM
Aug 30, 2011 8:05 AM

Jun 2011
i know there really no point in to this because everyone has got their opinion and fav. but ONE PIECE is way better than those two when it comes to the story plot.
Aug 30, 2011 9:19 AM
Sep 2009
One Piece

Bleach

Naruto
Fairy Tail

Eat me.
Aug 30, 2011 9:20 AM
Aug 2011
i cant stand any of those anymore but i guess the ones i hate the least are this
(best to worst)
naruto
bleach
one peice

havnt seen fairy tales but i dont think that can count as being in the top 3(well top 4 if it sin it) since its suppossed to end soon from what im told
Aug 30, 2011 9:15 PM

Dec 2009
nightgunner said:

Its better than naruto!!

Fairy Tail isn't in Shonen Jump.
OT: One Piece = Bleach>>>>>>>>>>Naruto
Aug 30, 2011 10:13 PM

Nov 2010
Hmmm.
I hate Naruto most of all. One Piece isn't really my cup of tea but I do actually remember enjoying it and that it had a somewhat okay story.
Bleach is probably the one I liked most, despite barely seeing much of any of them.
Aug 30, 2011 10:31 PM
Jun 2009
None. I hate long shounen series. Too many fillers.
Aug 30, 2011 10:44 PM

Feb 2011
One piece for sure!
Aug 30, 2011 10:59 PM

Jul 2010
One piece>Naruto>Bleach
One Piece shippuden ftw
Aug 30, 2011 11:58 PM

Aug 2011
I think in the beginning, Bleach seemed to have way more potential than Naruto. I was a big follower of them both until I dropped them when fillers got so annoying. I do think that Naruto's story is progressing better than Bleach's... So I guess Naruto gets my vote!
Aug 31, 2011 12:37 AM

May 2010
I always thought the big 3 were Evangelion, Bebop and FMA...
Aug 31, 2011 3:27 AM

Jul 2011
One piece the plot has so far been far more consistent over the course of the series than the other two.
Aug 31, 2011 3:48 AM

Aug 2011
My favorite is Naruto. It started out quite good with a good story and character development, but then went into a massive fillerfest. Still wonder how i got through those episodes O.o.

I find the animation of One Piece t0o ofputting so I never really got into it.

I have seen the first arc of Bleach (Ichigo vs other shinigamies), and the action is ok, but I don't like the characters all that much. And I heard that the story starts getting worse after that arc so I never bothered picking it up again.
Aug 31, 2011 10:10 AM

Dec 2007
One Piece.No contest.
Aug 31, 2011 10:12 AM

Dec 2007
nightgunner said:

Its better than naruto!!

Why?
Aug 31, 2011 10:20 AM
Aug 2009
One Piece > Naruto > Bleach definetly.
Aug 31, 2011 11:36 AM
Jul 2011
Naruto for me beats One Piece just barely because the plot has had some interesting twists while One Piece sometimes feels predictable and slightly more childish but it has way more potential to go for a while. After the save Rukia arc in Bleach I just couldnt stay with it so it's last on my list.
Aug 31, 2011 11:37 AM

Dec 2010
Bleach > Naruto > One Piece.

I can't stand One Piece's art, it's horrible.
Aug 31, 2011 11:40 AM

Aug 2011
HAL5 said:
Naruto for me beats One Piece just barely because the plot has had some interesting twists while One Piece sometimes feels predictable and slightly more childish but it has way more potential to go for a while.

But One Piece isn't clichéd, unlike Naruto.

CrimsonSea said:
I can't stand One Piece's art, it's horrible.

Plot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Art
Tiago97Aug 31, 2011 12:23 PM
Sep 1, 2011 6:07 AM

Jul 2011
Gintama should be xD

Anyway: OP (with large advance) > bleach > naruto

I can't stand naruto. Is like 5 semi-fillers - 10 fillers - 5 semi-fillers...
Bleach is getting boring and boring over the years though.
Sep 1, 2011 6:59 AM
Jul 2011
One Piece easily, I've noticed that most of the people that vote for either Bleach or Naruto are those that have never watched One Piece or read it till the end.

As a follower of all three for me One Piece is ahead of the other two by a lot.
Sep 1, 2011 7:53 AM

Jul 2010
Bleach > One Piece > Naruto

Hate the VAs and art for One Piece. Plot is good though. Manga is good too.

Naruto is just full of fillers, and they all s*ck.

Bleach has fillers but at least they're enjoyable.

This is just my opinion. No offence intended. Don't flame. Thanks.
CrossDivideSep 1, 2011 8:08 AM
Sep 1, 2011 8:01 AM

Oct 2010
One Piece is way better then bleach and naruto
Sep 1, 2011 12:59 PM
Jul 2011
Tiago97 said:
HAL5 said:
Naruto for me beats One Piece just barely because the plot has had some interesting twists while One Piece sometimes feels predictable and slightly more childish but it has way more potential to go for a while.

But One Piece isn't clichéd, unlike Naruto.

They are both pretty cliched with the whole friendship crap but at least in Naruto important characters that you see alot during the series die unlike One Piece where Ace is seen what twice and then dies, his death wasnt surprising and didnt get emotional till after the last arc. This is all about opinion though.
Sep 1, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
One Piece > Naruto > Bleach

Beelzebub pwns them all...
Sep 2, 2011 8:18 AM

Mar 2011
BigBoss0327 said:
One Piece > Naruto > Bleach

Beelzebub pwns them all...

Beelzebub is terrible, I've only dropped three series ever, guess what one of them is?

Anyway, One Piece > Naruto > Bleach would be my preference, though I prefer Fairy Tail, it's got awesome background music, good seiyuu, very few filler episodes and most importantly - TALKING CATS WITH WINGS!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

15 by Fischer77 »»
1 minute ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.