Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Darn, Runa just had to turn back into her loli form and then get absorbed.
I was a little confused at how the ending played out, but that was probably because I didn't like it.

Poor Komugi-chan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2012 11:55 AM
Sep 2011
Shiro took the words right out of my mouth. Runa acted like a bratty, immature kid all this time wallowing in self-pity and blaming other person for her misfortune, though it's not a surprise. Kids do tend to develope desptoic tendencies when left on their own.
The whole episode basically revolved around bringing her to reason therefore left me a bit disappointed. The design for the inner world Runa created looked nice, though.
Sep 30, 2012 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I didn't understand this anime watch although I guess it ended well in a somewhat happy way. I had to watch this subbed (oh God the horror), but the ending looked peaceful enough.

*opens windows*
Sep 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Runa opening her eyes in the womb... freaky stuff.

The final showdown, Runa vs Kyosuke. The bittersweet ending was fitting.
Feb 13, 2014 4:16 PM
Jun 2013
Yeaaaa I dont know wtf just happened. Did he kill his sister or did she join his soul?Also whats with the end was that fake or real.
Sep 5, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
it took me 9 years to finish it, I even had to rewatch the first 6 episodes. It was interesting overall but the ending was so so. I rooted with Runa and I was sad that Kyousuke did that to her, well, aliens can't die that easy.
The last scene was again weird, what mother was there? Tokisaka? we may never know
6/10
Feb 13, 2022 5:22 AM
Apr 2015
didn't understnd wtf that ending was
Jun 13, 2023 1:27 AM

Apr 2019
Profoundly post-Evangelion. I'm starting to wonder why the japanese are so fixated on the allure of omnipotence. A cool series overall.
Oct 25, 2023 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
Not sure if he can just take Runa back out when she sees that not all humans are evil. The mom is the flicker copy of Tsubaki Runa made of a loving mother since she released every flicker she had created back out which may mean Saki is alive, but some may have been permanently destroyed and won't come back.
Dec 20, 2023 1:42 AM

Dec 2022
Crazy ending. Kyousuke's moralising about Runa's killing of Yui and the decrepit alien rang hollow due to both of them having malicious intentions towards Runa, but he did make the decision to absorb Runa into him at the end, rather than killing her, so I guess he isn't entirely unreasonable.

Aside from the post-credits scene, this anime isn't nearly as difficult to understand as I've seen it being made out to be. It's just a truly masterful anime that throws you into the depths of a plethora of chimeric and psychologically complex scenarios, but keeps it mostly comprehensible anyway. Add some enchanting visual direction to the mix, and you've got an anime everyone with a true interest in the medium should consider checking out.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » SoulTaker Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 15, 2011

18 by Phobossus »»
Mar 25, 11:08 AM

Poll: » SoulTaker Episode 12 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 3, 2011

4 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 20, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » SoulTaker Episode 11 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 3, 2011

4 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 20, 2023 12:03 AM

Poll: » SoulTaker Episode 10 Discussion

BurntJelly - Sep 23, 2013

1 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:33 PM

Poll: » SoulTaker Episode 9 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 2, 2011

4 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.