Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2009
Aug 5, 2011 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
alexcampos said:

Third of all my FINS are taking everything this year, Reggie Bush is an excellent addition

Hahahahahaha, please, post more, so I can laugh harder.
Aug 5, 2011 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
WoodRespecter said:
alexcampos said:

Third of all my FINS are taking everything this year, Reggie Bush is an excellent addition

LOL I can't agree more! xD nice joke man!
Aug 5, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2008
sparkedglory said:
WoodRespecter said:
alexcampos said:

LOL I can't agree more! xD nice joke man!

Screw you guys....LOL

Yeah, it's a delusional comment, but who cares, this is the NFL stranger things have happened.

Better to be an optimist than a negative thinker...
Aug 5, 2011 8:28 PM

Aug 2008
sparkedglory said:
I'll join if there's still room.

I sent a club invite. Join it.

I'll join in as well.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 5, 2011 8:30 PM

Feb 2009
sparkedglory said:
All I want is for my Packers to repeat! :D Though repeating is extremely tough.

Would be awesome, could be a potential dynasty in the making.

Also its so nice to see the Vikings at the bottom of the division.
Aug 5, 2011 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
baboon said:
sparkedglory said:
All I want is for my Packers to repeat! :D Though repeating is extremely tough.

Would be awesome, could be a potential dynasty in the making.

Also its so nice to see the Vikings at the bottom of the division.

Yep, though it'll be nice to see if the Vikings manage to do something with McNabb. Also with the Lions losing Fairley early I would like to see how they fair as well. I was actually hoping for them to do well this season.
Aug 5, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
sparkedglory said:
Also with the Lions losing Fairley early I would like to see how they fair as well. I was actually hoping for them to do well this season.

Fairley will be back for the regular season, he's only out for a "significant amount of training camp". I don't think he'll need to learn very many plays at DT (compared to other positions), so I don't think this will set him back too much.

And I'm hoping Rodgers has a great year (my fantasy QB).
Aug 5, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2011
Meh_93 said:
Fairley will be back for the regular season, he's only out for a "significant amount of training camp". I don't think he'll need to learn very many plays at DT (compared to other positions), so I don't think this will set him back too much.

And I'm hoping Rodgers has a great year (my fantasy QB).

I just hope Rodgers does great because the Pack are my favorite team. Go Pack Go!!!
Aug 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
OK. We got ourselves a Fantasy League:

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=22861
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Aug 6, 2011 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
sparkedglory said:
I just hope Rodgers does great because the Pack are my favorite team. Go Pack Go!!!

I'm a pats fan, so I'm only rooting for Rodgers...sorry...I hope they don't repeat.
Aug 6, 2011 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
KyuuAL said:
OK. We got ourselves a Fantasy League:

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=22861

We have 5 teams made. I just sent 5 more invites.

That leaves TWO more slots. First come, first serve.

===

EDIT: Derp, no more invites. We gots 12 peoples.
KyuuALAug 7, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 11, 2011 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
NFL games on TV. I don't care that it's pre-season. I give my man-tears.

Aug 11, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2011
All I gotta say is

GO EAGLES

Been a fan since 2001
Aug 11, 2011 9:25 PM
May 2010
Loved the effort by Tebow on that play that resulted in nothing. I like seeing qbs stiff arm guys out of the way to make things happen. I wish there was another game on tonight though other than that Chargers game. I wanted to see Patrick Peterson and see how Kolb looked.
Aug 11, 2011 9:55 PM

Nov 2010
Applecrack said:
All I gotta say is

GO EAGLES

Been a fan since 2001

any time you say anything about the eagles a "Been a fan since 2001" is necessary. Or else you may be promptly called a bandwagon fan. *cough*....jk
Aug 11, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
Bostonblows said:
Applecrack said:
All I gotta say is

GO EAGLES

Been a fan since 2001

any time you say anything about the eagles a "Been a fan since 2001" is necessary. Or else you may be promptly called a bandwagon fan. *cough*....jk

I hate to say this but.....

The Eagles are the Atlanta Braves of the NFL....they've had a hell of a run the past 10 years.

8 Playoff Appearances
6 NFC East Titles
4 NFC Championship games
1 NFC Championship

oh yeah...0 Super Bowl Championships...

Don't get me wrong....I'm not making fun of them (I'm in no position to make fun of any team being a Dolphin fan).

I'm just saying this team has had more chances than most, and they have YET to cash it in.

Now everyone is saying they're the team to beat....I disagree, I still think the Patriots, Colts, Saints, and Packers are the teams to beat.

History doesn't lie....but it does repeat itself.
--ALEX--Aug 11, 2011 10:08 PM
Aug 11, 2011 10:31 PM

Aug 2008
OH, and a big FU to the Patriots today --- for running up the score on a pre-season game. Then again, Jags have no D, huh?

Aug 12, 2011 2:23 AM

Nov 2010
KyuuAL said:
OH, and a big FU to the Patriots today --- for running up the score on a pre-season game. Then again, Jags have no D, huh?
Belichick must be getting soft in his old age, they took a knee around the JAX 30 to run out the clock.
Humour is the very essence of a democratic society.
Aug 12, 2011 7:31 AM

Jul 2011
I'm not a Eagles fan but they look BADASS!!!! wow

And lol at tebow pick that pick got call back.
BlitzboltAug 12, 2011 9:04 PM
Aug 12, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
Does anybody like the new kickoff rule? A lot of touchbacks and I hate it.
Aug 12, 2011 5:28 PM

Nov 2010
SoFarGone said:

nah, that takes a dimension out of the game...although maybe it's good for a team like the giants.
Aug 12, 2011 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
SoFarGone said:

Imagine some day -- with punts. They don't even bother allowing anyone to catch the ball. They'll just simply down the ball where it landed first.

Aug 12, 2011 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
i hate the new kickoff rule...ive been a bears fan my entire life and that takes away from...what was basically our entire offence a few years ago

i have to admit it tho, the eagles do look damn good... on paper
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Aug 12, 2011 10:07 PM
May 2010
Everybody's blowing their load to the paper champs. The Eagles haven't won a damn thing yet.
Aug 12, 2011 10:15 PM

Jun 2008
Ambalamps said:
Everybody's blowing their load to the paper champs. The Eagles haven't won a damn thing yet.

How dare a team start saying they're going to win a championship before they've even played a single down...

I'm just glad they didn't do some huge party introducing their new stars....can you imagine?!?!

Not 5, not 6, not 7.....LOL, sometimes we all have to make fun of ourselves...
Aug 12, 2011 10:16 PM
May 2010
They showed no hint of a running game. 1 fast start in a preseason game doesn't make a season.
Aug 12, 2011 10:22 PM

Jun 2008
I still find it amazing that not that long ago 90% of Americans HATED Mike Vick...

We really are a forgiving country....

Anyways, the Eagles don't fool me, they're going to make the playoffs, but that's it....

I would choose the Saints and Packers before the Eagles.
Aug 12, 2011 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
We really are a forgiving country....

Forgiving? Wrong f-word.

Try "Fickle". If it weren't for his based-God performance last year, the hate would not have been turned.

Aug 13, 2011 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
alexcampos said:
I would choose the Saints and Packers before the Eagles.

I agree with this.
Aug 13, 2011 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=516930

We got ourselves a second league. Post e-mail in this thread:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=313451

Aug 13, 2011 7:26 PM

Mar 2011
Centent said:
Same as every year.

At least I have the Sabres.

What? I'm not the only Bills fan here! Haha. Well I don't watch hockey and I'm a Pirates fan sooo....the rest of the year is not fun for me.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Aug 13, 2011 10:20 PM

May 2011
Ohhh I wasn't here last year, didn't think there'd be a NFL thread here. Sup I am a Cards fan. I am fucking excited for more football, been watching a lot of the preseason games.
And I Hope Kolb don't fail me...
Aug 13, 2011 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
ZeroZx said:
Ohhh I wasn't here last year, didn't think there'd be a NFL thread here. Sup I am a Cards fan. I am fucking excited for more football, been watching a lot of the preseason games.
And I Hope Kolb don't fail me...

Yes, and we even have fantasy leagues. Go join. Kekekekeke

And Kolb. He's starter material. But that's as far as he is right now.

Aug 13, 2011 10:48 PM

May 2011
@KyuuAL
I am pretty new to fantasy leagues (wanted to try it last year but missed my shot) but I been wanting to give it a try. So if you tell me what I gotta do to sign up for the MAL league, I am down.
Aug 13, 2011 11:06 PM

Aug 2008
ZeroZx said:
@KyuuAL
I am pretty new to fantasy leagues (wanted to try it last year but missed my shot) but I been wanting to give it a try. So if you tell me what I gotta do to sign up for the MAL league, I am down.

Just post your e-mail there.

Aug 14, 2011 10:23 AM

Jun 2009
Unless Kolb becomes an All-Pro quarterback for multiple years, the Cardinals drastically overpaid for him. 5 year/$63 million contract ($21 million guaranteed) for having a 3 - 4 record as a starter? Such a move could set the Cardinals franchise back several years if Kolb doesn't perform at a high level. At least the NFC West is weak enough right now for a mediocre team to make the playoffs.
Aug 14, 2011 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
Kolb should still be a better option than Derek Anderson type performance from last year. I don't see Kolb suckin' THAT much.

Aug 14, 2011 1:53 PM

May 2011
Yeah.. they are making a huge gamble on Kolb, gave him a huge contract so he better pan out. Hes definitely way better then the 4 QB's that we used last year tho, it was turrible. I think he'll do fine as long as he grasps the offense, at least it gives Cards a much better chance to keep Fitz. :D Hope the contract extension is coming soon.
Aug 14, 2011 1:59 PM
May 2010
BlackKnight27 said:
Unless Kolb becomes an All-Pro quarterback for multiple years, the Cardinals drastically overpaid for him. 5 year/$63 million contract ($21 million guaranteed) for having a 3 - 4 record as a starter? Such a move could set the Cardinals franchise back several years if Kolb doesn't perform at a high level. At least the NFC West is weak enough right now for a mediocre team to make the playoffs.

He got a better deal than Brees did when we signed him. Hugely overpaid for a guy who got his yards in garbage time against the Saints in a blowout and some mediocre wins. He's better than what they had after Warner but that's not saying much.
Aug 14, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
ZeroZx said:
Yeah.. they are making a huge gamble on Kolb, gave him a huge contract so he better pan out. Hes definitely way better then the 4 QB's that we used last year tho, it was turrible. I think he'll do fine as long as he grasps the offense, at least it gives Cards a much better chance to keep Fitz. :D Hope the contract extension is coming soon.

OK....let me just say, that you're a fan of a team that is arguably in the WORST division in all the NFL.

Kolb doesn't have to be spectacular to guide that team to the playoffs, a 9-7 record is probably more than enough to make it.

Don't get too caught up with how "good" Kolb will be, your team is just fine for the division it's in.
Aug 14, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
alexcampos said:
OK....let me just say, that you're a fan of a team that is arguably in the WORST division in all the NFL.

Kolb doesn't have to be spectacular to guide that team to the playoffs, a 9-7 record is probably more than enough to make it.

Don't get too caught up with how "good" Kolb will be, your team is just fine for the division it's in.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember, the Cardinals were only 9-7 in the regular season during their SuperBowl run two years ago even though Warner had an incredible season that year. Also, the current Cardinals roster in arguably worse than that of two years ago (lost Boldin, Rodgers-Cromartie).

Also, the Rams were 8-8 last season in Sam Bradford's rookie season (and he didn't play THAT well), so you have to expect him and the Rams to improve a bit. 9 or 10 wins wouldn't that much of a stretch for them.
Aug 14, 2011 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
Locker had a great game last night he is way better then I expected and Cam Newton is just exciting the panthers suck but Cam Newton is fun to watch college or NFL
Aug 14, 2011 11:09 PM

Mar 2011
BlackKnight27 said:
alexcampos said:

I'm not so sure about that. Remember, the Cardinals were only 9-7 in the regular season during their SuperBowl run two years ago even though Warner had an incredible season that year. Also, the current Cardinals roster in arguably worse than that of two years ago (lost Boldin, Rodgers-Cromartie).

Also, the Rams were 8-8 last season in Sam Bradford's rookie season (and he didn't play THAT well), so you have to expect him and the Rams to improve a bit. 9 or 10 wins wouldn't that much of a stretch for them.

Yeah I'm kind of thinking the same. If Sam Bradford improves this year and there defense locks down the Rams are probably going to be the team to beat in that division. I'm still upset that the Seahawks made the playoffs last year with a 7-9 record...-_-
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Aug 15, 2011 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
Sorry but the NFC West is a joke!!!

Even if Sam Bradford has a great year, he's on a 9 win team....AT BEST...

No other division in the NFL is this bad...the Seahaws will probably win 4 or 5 games, the same with the 49ers.

I'm predicting that the Rams WILL win the division although that's not really a prize to gloat about...

The NFL divisions are as follows.....From strongest to weakest:

#1 NFC East (Champion----> Eagles)
#2 AFC East (Champion----> Patriots)
#3 NFC South (Champion----> Saints)
#4 AFC North (Champion----> Ravens)

#5 NFC North (Champion----> Packers)
#6 AFC West (Champion----> Broncos)
#7 AFC South (Champion----> Colts)
#8 NFC West (Champion----> Rams)
--ALEX--Aug 15, 2011 12:52 AM
Aug 15, 2011 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
the Seahawks did beat the Saints in the playoffs just saying.
Aug 15, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
SoFarGone said:

They got lucky. Plus, the Saints run defense was so ridiculously off -- that game really showed it.

Aug 15, 2011 6:23 PM

Jun 2008
SoFarGone said:

There were various reasons why that happened.

One big reason is because of the NFL's ridiculous rules that automatically gives the home game to Division winners. The game was played in Seattle instead of New Orleans.....trust me that was a HUGE boost to the Seahawks.
Aug 15, 2011 7:56 PM
May 2010
alexcampos said:

The NFL divisions are as follows.....From strongest to weakest:

#1 NFC East (Champion----> Eagles)
#2 AFC East (Champion----> Patriots)
#3 NFC South (Champion----> Saints)
#4 AFC North (Champion----> Ravens)

Joke right? That's a 2 team division. Washington is terrible, Dallas is always overrated. The South is a much better division. Carolina may even be better than Washington this year, who knows. Saints, Bucs and Falcons are all playoff caliber teams, with the Saints and Falcons (:-/) as NFC Contenders.

Broncos have 0 shot of winning the AFC West and it's much better than you give credit for. San Diego is still a solid team, KC is going to stay playoff contenders with their youth and Oakland is on the rise again. Denver is the cellar dweller in that division, not the winner. This division is at worst #4 imo.

I'd rank them as follows top to bottom :
#1 NFC South
#2 NFC North
#3 NFC East
#4 AFC West
#5 AFC East
#6 AFC North
#7 AFC South
#8 NFC West
Aug 19, 2011 10:06 PM

Aug 2009
I know its only preseason but Colt Mccoy looks pretty good so far.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.