Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 3:59 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, the last few episodes were really good. The ending was pretty good too, made me raise the score to 8/10.
May 11, 2012 9:40 PM
Jan 2011
Loved the way they handled the last few episodes of the series, and it ended up ending completely unexpectedly. I really liked Canaletto's character, and the revelation that he actually used Molly's seeming shortsightedness and bad judgment (running after the prince when she should have taken the position) to his advantage all along, and that her personality was the process of meticulous string-pulling, that all her lucky breaks were actually carefully planned out maneuvers by him. He was a great villain in that he did not overstay his welcome, and showed clear and well-thought-out reasons for his actions. It was also really great seeing Jordan get the Avatar position, as he was the one who was truely pure of heart, not Molly (were she to get it, it would signify a victory for Canaletto). And when all was said and done, she realized that what mattered in the end was the here and now. If the race accomplished anything, it was that even though she misses her mom, she was able to get her dad back, and that was the ultimate prize for her. Truly an excellent ending to this series, and has bumped it up a couple of ratings in my book
Feb 10, 2013 8:52 PM

May 2012
Nice ending, the beginning of this final episode was a bit slow but than the buildup to the end was quite decent same goes for the ending that sure was some sacrifice Jordan took! Was quite an unexpected development but was rather interesting and sweet. Yea that was a good ending everything worked out well and who would have guessed everyone was still alive! Eva and the rest got back to their planet where now the new Avatar rules over Oban! And everything got back to normal!

The anime it self was rather decent although the huge difference in episode pace was way to much visible and that was quite sad and got boring on the soft paced episodes. The story development was also rather slow but had a vast structure with a decent ending plot! The art was something unique but fitted the universe it took place in quite nicely same goes for the animation and cgi! What I did missed in this anime was with the races some more thrilling action like you got with Redline or closer the pod racing scene from Star Wars. But in general it was quite a decent anime and loved the concept! Normally had a 6/10 but changed to a 7/10 as the ending and buildup to the ending was quite decent!
Jun 13, 2014 3:00 AM

Sep 2013
Canaletto caused it all :O

Jordan FTW!

"Being Molly was fun, but it's good to be Eva again." A great way to end the series I enjoyed it to the end, I know it's an anime and all, but I hope one day Eva becomes a professional racer maybe even under the alias Molly ;)

Overall this was a really unique and fun anime. The ending bumped it up from a 7 to an 8 for me.
Oct 18, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2014
That was both amazing and cheap 7--7 :
Both the way it ended and the final scenario was great, thanks to a believable stream of events and a well performed ending....but! Jordan was so punished 7----7 like duuude, he loved molly/Eva more than everything, he even sacrificed himself for her in a unfair way, giving up his will to go home, but not even that, after all the avatar stuff, he had to see that brat hugging the prince and licking his face, and to make it worse, he cries as she leaves him alone in a planet where he knows no one and pretends not to care so she can live with no regrets 0-----0 hmf...
well, Jordan was the true hero T-T he deserved much better.
Jan 13, 2015 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
It was a bit disappointing that everything was..controlled by Canaletto..

Great Jordan's decision. I Loved this show from the childhood.
Feb 15, 2015 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
Jordan becoming the Avatar was expected, since neither Prince Aika nor Eva could afford doing so.

I'm glad this show concluded with a positive outlook to the future, as well as with Eva finally finding happiness.

The ED of this show, "Waratteta" by Sukoshi, really evokes a lot of emotions.
Feb 25, 2015 2:26 AM

Jan 2014
It was nice and fun to watch.
Jun 14, 2015 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
Bad-guy auto-lose because Jordan won? Eh, can't expect much from a kid show.

4/10 (below-average) overall. The races were average, but the rest was lacking. Decent enough for a kid show.
Apr 14, 2017 4:21 PM

Sep 2013
im glad i picked it up from my childhood series's.
i was sure it was nothing but raceing and all but it was....deep! it was just so good!
if i could i would have given it 9.4/10 and those 0.6 points are mainly because of some design choices, but because i cant do it and a 9 doesnt feel right to me then its a 10 from me!
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Dec 7, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2016
Liked it, though like someone said already. Jordan really just took a huge beating in this whole series. They did the character dirty. Honestly, the ending was kinda gut-wrenching to watch seeing that Molly really didn't give a damn about him.
Jun 5, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
I just rewatched it and increased the score from 7 to 8. Very nice story! It had some issues here and there, but the heart is there. As a for a children's cartoon is had some mature themes.

Also, really appreciate that they committed to draw Rick's and Jordan's muscles :^)
VirtueHunterJun 5, 2021 8:52 AM
Sep 27, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2018
Tsukiyamii said:
Liked it, though like someone said already. Jordan really just took a huge beating in this whole series. They did the character dirty. Honestly, the ending was kinda gut-wrenching to watch seeing that Molly really didn't give a damn about him.
His character took a lot of beating they call him a simp these day. The ending lower the show from 8 to a 6, it was a big disappointment
Jan 12, 11:05 AM
Mar 2019
All wrapped up nicely.
Jordan, good guys finish last.
Waited to watch this and enjoyed it too.
At least the Prince didn't get any.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oban Star-Racers Episode 1 Discussion

Haine - Apr 26, 2014

4 by forbiddenspiral »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Oban Star-Racers Episode 25 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Feb 10, 2013

4 by bushman66 »»
Jan 12, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Oban Star-Racers Episode 24 Discussion

4 by bushman66 »»
Jan 12, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Oban Star-Racers Episode 23 Discussion

4 by bushman66 »»
Jan 12, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Oban Star-Racers Episode 22 Discussion

5 by bushman66 »»
Jan 12, 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.