Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga

New
Pages (88) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2012 6:01 AM

Jun 2011
@akutasame94
Angel Beats- This anime had so much potential, I mean; the setting was unique, had a pretty cool cast of characters, plus the first episode showed some promise. But god, so much of it wasted. Really needed 24 episodes.

Clannad- Never saw much in it at all. The drama felt forced, most of the characters sucked, plus the Fuuko Ibuki arc. SO MUCH SHIT. That shit gave me cancer. They somewhat made up for it with the Kotomi's story.

Clannad After Story: This was great, cut alot of the bullshit from the original and was pretty impressive. But the second half was holyfuckawesome. Can't talk cause I don't feel like spoiling anyone. But the last episode made me drop it to a 7 in the long run. Great anime nonetheless.

Kanon 2006- Dropped cause nothing happened first six episodes. Picking it back up just cause my friends want me too. All I can say is AM I HAWAII UGUU~

IllegalCyrusFeb 3, 2012 6:14 AM
Feb 3, 2012 6:18 AM

Dec 2011
IllegalCyrus

First I want to comment what you said about Clannad... If you want to answer me do it on my profile so that we don't spam here...

I really like it. Especially that arc with Fuko... It was so touching and sad. I don't know why people hate her so much. I will spoil but I don't care... She even appears in After Story... And when I have seen that for the first time I was so happy... I absolutely love happy/sad endings like After Story has... Although I find it sad because there is no more, and I want more...................MORE.........MORE.... And this goes for every keys show. My Idol is Jun Maeda, and my dream is to write anime scenarios. Probably of the same genre...

Ghost in the Shell... bla bla.. (long name :D ) - After first part of the story which I liked I just waited for this. Although first season had its bad sides, it was awesome.
I waited for this so much... Great soundtrack, another plot/story difficult to follow. I just love that. But it was not as good as the first one.

Steins;gate - hehe, I hated science before this show. Although I don't think that anything shown there is possible... :D I love characters, and lead character is very rear.. Main source of comedy in this show...

Hellsing - A lot of violence, blood, weapons and no good story, character development, understanding... I generally don't like anime that don't have story, but this was quite fun for a short amount of time. Show is unique... But I got bored and dropped it...
akutasame94Feb 3, 2012 6:34 AM
Feb 3, 2012 6:21 AM

Oct 2011
@akutsame94

Wow all of them are from Key

Air - I never imagined an eroge turned into like this. No fanservice or ecchi. Great story
Angel Beats - I wish there is another season
Clannad - An anime where everyone cries or maybe not everyone
Feb 3, 2012 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
@xKitEx

Only one I've watched is FMA, which I found pretty enjoyable!

Feb 3, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2009
@muniin777
D.Grayman- ok...a decent shounen
Ouran- yeah majority of animu lovers acclaimed this light hearted rom-com
Soul Eater- Mainstream...eh...well im not really into its character design though
HotD- ...now will be having an argument here :( this show really made everyone get hot...sigh

Feb 3, 2012 7:01 AM
Feb 2011
@sauteed_roaches

Azumanga Daioh - I liked the manga alot more

Arakawa under the Bridge: Very funny, but inferior to SZS from the same studio.

Higashi no Eden - Thought it was kind of boring, had to force myself to finish it.
­
Feb 3, 2012 7:15 AM

Feb 2012
sauteed_roaches said:

HotD- ...now will be having an argument here :( this show really made everyone get hot...sigh

Really? I'm new here and definitely not trying to start trouble, but what's the basis for conflict with this show? :o

(Disclaimer) I've only watched 3 episodes so far. It seems mindless enough and full of fan service, but nothing stood out as being particularly bad about it to me.

Feb 3, 2012 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, I was liking the new one better, as it was for anime only, not manga too.

@RitsuTainaka

-K-On!!
I just love this. The characters, the comedy, the cuteness, and of course the music (you wouldn't believe how addicted I'm to playing Houkago Live and to listening to the songs over and over). It's also rare to find an Ritsu fan! Most people go for the others ^^.

-Gintama
I'm finding it to be likeable so far, but not soooo much. It's funny of course, but I've seen comedies that I liked most and made me laught way more already and in fewer episodes. (Mariya I'm looking at you) But Gintoki is awesome.

Never seen the other three, not even the manga. Only heard about Azumanga.

@muniin777
Gah, you cursed ninja!

-Soul Eater
I've watched a bit of this on a friend's place (by force, I admit). I didn't enjoy it very much, it looked like the average shounen, with one twist or another... Some years ago I would have liked it, but now I don't care for battles so much.

-D. Gray Man
It started great, but then it began to get boring, and I lost my interest in it completely...

-Highschool of the Dead
Awesome, but the excessive fanservice ruins it. I love zombie-apocalypse stories, and if they didn't try for that ecchiness so much it would be one of my favorites for sure. I'm also not very fond of big cup sizes, sooo...

-Death Note
Watched only the anime a couple of times. I don't think the manga has the same immersion for the lack of soundtrack, but I'm sure it's just as good, as it spawned the anime. The ending is the only thing that messes DN for me.

-Black Lagoon
I'm not much of a manga reader, you see... I watched the anime and it's very good for sure. I can guess it's way better because it's still publishing, too.
「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
Feb 3, 2012 9:01 AM

Feb 2009
Higurashi was pretty cool and definitely creeped me out. Though for some reason I never got around to the followup seasons.

I was going to see Steins;Gate but it was pulled from Crunchyroll before I had the chance (I try not to watch fansubs of a licensed show)

Madoka Magica was the best anime of 2011, bar none.

Ghost Hunt was pretty entertaining.

So I finally met another person who actually liked Maria Holic!

Feb 3, 2012 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
@ArnoldK

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Truly a masterpiece and really one of the few animes that actually haves a plot. I understand why you have it in ur fav list. I had it too for quitte some time but decided to make space for new ones.

One Piece - I only watched like 62 episodes of OP but it was ok for me...What can I say...havin ubber good fights makes alot of people like OP.

Azumanga Daioh - Seriosly? o.O I find this anime to be very booring and not so fun like most of the poeple says so...dunno maybe it's me but still...
Feb 3, 2012 9:56 AM

Dec 2011
@DanCiel

Code Geas R2 - You liked it more than R1... Strange, you are among those rare people.. To me R1 was a lot better. I feel that R2 was rushed a little... Although it has an amazing ending. Not like Angel Beats and Clannad After Story.. (ok I am just being idiot here, sorry, I am a big fan of mentioned shows...)

Clannad After Story - Hehe, I am not alone. I loved it, gave it 10 and will always remain one of my favourites...

Darker Than Black - I didn't watch this, but I heard a great deal about it. I read the synopsis and found it interesting. I will watch it for sure...
Feb 3, 2012 1:25 PM

Dec 2011
@akutasame94

I'm noticing you are a big fan of Key. Unfortunately, I have only watched one of these anime, so I'll make a big comment on it, ok?

Angel Beats!: To be honest, I think it's a really overrated anime. Well, the character development really made me cringe. Characters that I liked at first sight (like Shiina, TK and Noda) never saw the color of a development and in the end they were just like "lol go ahead we will just disappear kthx bai". And the characters that actually got a development disappointed me. I couldn't feel them as humans because they were really stereotypical, and weren't developed outside of their stereotypes. The plot was also full of holes. It started with so much potential, but then it got rushed and weird. The end was really disappointing and, call me heartless, I didn't find it emotional.
Now the good things, because it had its moments after all: I loved the concert and fight sequences. They were really amazing and enjoyable. The comedy was also good, there were actual funny moments. And out of the few developed characters, there was one that I think they managed to develop well out of the stereotype: Yui. Her arc was the best thing in the show imo, and she was hands down the best character. I even felt some tears in my eyes in the end of her episode.
So overall, I think it was average and I couldn't really enjoy fully, but it had good things.

Clannad/Clannad AS: Just gonna say that I'm really looking foward to these. As soon as I finish Cowboy Bebop, I'll watch both. From everything I hear about it, it must be gorgeously beautiful!
Feb 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2010
@kyuubeys

Elfen lied - ill be honest i found it boring. too slow and the characters all seem stupid the only entertaining part was the ova.

panty and stocking - an underrated masterpeice with a great radical art style which works well with the layed back nature of the show. the show is exactly what i have come to expect from the geniuses at GAINAX. this show is enough to excuse you of your next choice.

Madoka - i really really really do not like this anime. the plot was mediocre the animation felt poor in the normal bits then when it went weird it just felt like alice in wonderland. and it has the most annoying whiney characters i have ever seen in an anime ever. the only redeaming frature is the music which is awesome. but like i said you like panty and stocking so all is forgiven .
sodiousFeb 3, 2012 3:16 PM
Feb 3, 2012 3:37 PM
Sep 2011
sodious said:

Madoka - i really really really do not like this anime. the plot was mediocre the animation felt poor in the normal bits then when it went weird it just felt like alice in wonderland. and it has the most annoying whiney characters i have ever seen in an anime ever. the only redeaming frature is the music which is awesome.

Okay. I love you.

Since I don't know any of the anime you watch I'm gonna do something rarely seen around here, focus on the manga.

Yotsuba&! - YES. My favorite manga. I loved it so much that even though I read it online, I had to buy them. Volume 9 is still wrapped up, waiting to be read.

I was gonna comment on Haruhi, but then I saw it was Haruhi-chan, which I have no knowledge of.

Bamboo Blade - Dunno about the manga, but I've seen the anime. 10 minutes on wikipedia taught me more about Kendo than this series. But it's kinda like K-on. It's about girls and slice of life first, and their club activity second.
Feb 3, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2010
@RLinksoul

first, bamboo blade manga > bamboo blade anime

Anyways

Cardcaptor Sakura: One of my favorite shows as a child. My tv privileges as a child were pretty terrible so I didn't get to watch the show a whole lot, but I managed to see the beginning and the end, and a good number of the more important episodes. Overall it was a fun cute little show. I was just upset that she always seemed to rely on the exact same cards to win her battles (windy, fly, and occasionally some of the elements)

Nichijou: I didn't go into nichijou thinking I would like it. And to this day I'm not exactly sure why I like it. Its funny sure... but in a very hit and miss kind of way. Some episodes have you rolling, others are utterly forgettable. But it has this endearing charm to it all that really draws you in despite its short comings. My favorite parts are with the professor and nano, but the girls at school have a few good moments.

Aside from that, 2 things I know of but haven't really touched on. Yu yu hakusho is something I've kind of glanced over but never really taken the effort to watch. When i was very young, my best friends sister was a total anime geek, and I ended up watching a Yu yu hakusho movie that made no sense to me back then. All I remember is thinking how awesome the action was, and thats about it. As for your favorite 2 manga, one is sailor moon... a show i barely watched as a kid (though I did enjoy it), and yotsuba, a manga that is probably really good but I've never mustered up the commitment to bother reading it.
Feb 3, 2012 6:29 PM

Dec 2011
@leingodf8

Baccano!: We share this one as a favorite. I think Baccano! is brilliant. It tells an exciting story in an exciting way, with an amazing and unique cast of characters. I felt like watching an 13-parts animated Tarantino movie. And the cherry on top was Isaac and Miria (who both you and I have on our favorites list). They were so out of place, yet so perfectly fitting on this anime that is even hard to explain.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: This one is already absolutely iconic. When one talks about anime, the image of Haruhi and her yellow ribbon already comes to many minds. Of course, since this show is really good. They got a lot of general anime elements and put together in a fun way. The characters are awesome, and the OST is pretty outstanding. I have like 70% of it on my ipod.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: This was probably one of the most funny things I've ever watched. In all honest, when I first heard about it I thought it was going to suck. But I got hooked on it. The scenes with the summon duels were exciting, and the cast seems stereotyped at first, but you soon realize that they are all unique, likeable and not annoying. The jokes and puns are genius, and it's not heavy on plot nor falls into the slice of life category.
Feb 3, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2010
@Kyuubeys

Elfen Lied - First anime i've watched, i think it's underrated, too many ppl hate it, witch is sad. Amazing show, maybe the lack of character development is a bad thing, but the story progress pass over it

Baccano ! - I didnt enjoyed this one, watched till epi 3 but meh.. Durarara is way better.

Mahou Shoujo - I'm watching it atm, and enjoying.Looks childish ( cause animation/for being mahou shoujo's lol.) but has some dark atmosphere on it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2007
@BeYourself

One Piece - What's more to say? It's an amazing series.

Gungrave - Meh, started out as something to have potential. Then zombies/'monsters galore, then it turned into "LOLANIME". Ending was great, but overall the show wasn't anything impressive.

Lovely Complex - Gotta get back to it, from what I've seen, it's a pretty solid shoujo title.

Apr 6, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
@Hias

Cowboy Bebop - Brilliant! Great classic! I honestly think this is one of those titles that every otaku should watch 8) This title was in my faves list too until one of these days.

One Piece - I'm not a bit fan of these never-ending shounen series, but one piece is the one I dislike the least ^_^y

Kiki's Delivery Service - All hail Miyazaki-sensei! I haven't seen til this day a movie of his that I haven't loved. Kiki is certainly one of my most beloved ones <3

I haven't seen Black Jack yet and Gundam I've seen only a few random eps, I'd rather not comment on that one.
Apr 6, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
@lillith

Nodame Cantabile - It was good, but didn't quite do it for me since I watched it mainly for character relationships. I'm currently watching the second season which I'm enjoying a bit more.

Mushishi - I have only watched 5 episodes, so I haven't given it an overall score yet. I like the creativity of the stories, and that you can just watch an episode whenever you feel like it, but I'll see if I finish it; right now I've got little motivation to continue watching.

Natsume Yuujinchou - I don't read the manga, but the anime is a favorite! This is truly a wonderful series; just the right mix of slice-of-life, supernatural and even a bit of action/suspense.
Apr 6, 2012 11:58 AM
Oct 2011
@SilveryLantern

One Piece: it's a show I tried to continue , couldn't do it, tried 2 times, dropped 2 times after ending the Arabasta arc, I enjoy it when I see an episode, it's just not something I could go through to the end,

Gintama: I tried to watch this show, didn't like it

Steins;Gate: watched 7 episodes, dropped, gonna give it another chance

Naruto: this one is great, too bad it got such a bad adaptation, fillers everywhere and stupid openings.
Apr 6, 2012 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
@SilveryLantern

One Piece - I heard positive comments about this anime despite the fact that it is one of the BIG 3 mainstream anime now. I am currently downloading all of its episodes and hopefully will watch it in a few weeks

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Fuck yeah almost everyone that I commented on loves this anime. I know there are haters out there but so far more love and less hate as I see from this anime

Steins;Gate - The adrenaline was great. I like almost everything from this anime especially Mayuri's Tutturu!

Edit: Damn got ninja'd anyways

@Candor

Death Note - One of my first anime that introduced me to the anime world. Great and thrilling

Clannad: After Story - Things are more intense here than the first season. One of the few anime that gave me tears. But the ending was a little bit wtf

Durarara!! - One of my priorities in my PTW. Since I already watched Baccano! I'm pretty sure I will also like this one. Currently I am addicted to its OP xD
Apr 6, 2012 12:03 PM

Mar 2009
@Blue Kite

TTGL-it's on my top list too! Good stuff!
FMA:B-I've not seen this, but i've seen the first one and read the manga, and I honestly like the first anime better.
Castle in the Sky-possibly the only Miyazaki film I don't hate.
Apr 6, 2012 12:17 PM
Oct 2011
@FallnKnightFakir

13 shared anime, compatibility 74%, and I know not a single thing on your favorites, except Gurren Lagann, which I've only seen 1 episode of it, not a fan of mecha so didn't continue it.
Outlaw Star sounds interesting though, might watch it , if it's not mecha of course.
Apr 6, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
@Candor
Outlaw Star is a hot blooded action series, there are space ships with grappler arms, but it's not a mecha, though the spirit is quite similar at times.
As for your favorites

Bleach-yuck, do not like. Ok at first but ugh does it draaag!
Death Note-I liked the first half well enough, but the second half kinda ruined it for me.
Apr 6, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2009
Princess Tutu ~ Ahh, a surprisingly awesome anime. I went into this with low expectations, the only reason I found it was because I was on a magical girl kick and had heard nothing about it. But man, what a pleasant surprise this little gem turned out to be, a fantastic series.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ~ Had this on my favorites for a long time as well. I loved this series and how over the top it was, but the ending was really probably my favorite thing about it.

Maison Ikkoku ~ Rumiko Takahashi's best work, easily. It was a very well done series and a pleasant surprise after I read Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha.
Apr 6, 2012 1:59 PM

Dec 2011
@Kipcha

Durarara!!: This series. I... I don't even have enough words to say something about it properly. It mixed os many crazy things togheter without ever being over the top. I used to have negative views on some of the aspects of Drrr!!, but I recently rewatched some episodes and the speciais and even these things I didn't like grew so much on me. I fangirl over this series basically everyday. It's basically made of awesomeness and will make our lifes look painfully boring lol

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Still watching this one, but I have a strong feelings this will be in my extended favorites very, very soon. So far everything looks right and amazing, not a single dull moment, the characters are fantastic as always.

Baccano!: Same as Durarara!! - though they're different series, they're similar when it comes to mixing a bunch of crazy things togheter perfectly. The rythm is fast, but you catch up so well with it, it's insane. Even the things that should be out of place, like Isaac and Miria's presence, mash so well with everything else. A truly masterpiece and deserves being favorited.

Mawaru Penguindrum: Good, very good series. I see a lot of people saying that they hated the ending, but I think the ending was one of the best things about it, It ended beautifully. The characters were all deep and tragic, and overall very likeable. The plot, though crazy, oddly makes sense. I just think it started off too slow, but nothing too extreme, still a great anime.

As for your manga I don't know any of them, sorry ;A;
jiroutachiApr 6, 2012 2:07 PM
Apr 6, 2012 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Prolly the most overrated show of the past 2 years. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty great and all and DEEP and DARK, but Madoka being emo for 2/3 of the show didn't really do the show much justice.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Gainax tried to be Arty. Probably one of the worst shows Gainax made. The OST might have been the only good thing about the show that kept me watching.

Baccano!: Great show which deserves a second season...The music, story, characters, everything was interesting about this. Too bad season 2 will never happen.

Higurashi no naku koro ni: One of the best horror/mystery anime out there kana~

Princess Tutu: watched the first arc of this and I must say I wasn't a really big fan of the show. I like good shoujo anime but for some reason, I got bored midway. Might complete it some day.
Apr 6, 2012 3:53 PM

Apr 2011
@Khajata;

Wow, the only one I've watched is Hyouge Mono, and I haven't even seen all episodes as it's not completely subbed yet. But I think it's really great so far, glad you like it. :) Sasuke is hilarious.

As for manga I can't really contribute, out of those I've only read about 3 chapters of Vinland Saga. Though I know it's probably great.
NefaynApr 6, 2012 3:57 PM
Apr 6, 2012 4:04 PM

Dec 2011
@fantomu

Elfen Lied- This show unnerved me for some reason. I don't mind gore or anything it just didn't sit well with me. I liked the music box though.

Spirited Away- My favorite movie of all time. The atmosphere is perfect and Hisaishi did an amazing job with the soundtrack. 10/10

I haven't seen the others on your list but I have heard both good and bad things about Cossette no Shouzo and am interested as to how I will react to it.
Apr 6, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
@Fantomu

Elfen Lied - I partially enjoyed this. Meaning I freakin' loved it at first but after watching some other anime, it came off as less of a masterpiece to me, and a bit overrated.

Spirited Away - A wonderful movie. Really enjoyed this one. ^_^
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Apr 6, 2012 4:08 PM
Sep 2011
@ -LovelyTsundere

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - I liked the first season more than Kai cause it had more of a mystery aspect to it. Kai was more about everyone figuring out what's going on and how to stop it.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu - I keep hearing so much about how great this is, even compared to the already highly praised series. I'm not gonna both watching the second season, but I'm considering checking this out since I knew pretty much everything about the series.

Oh and since Manga's an option, I noticed something I like...

Yuri Yuri - I tried to avoid reading too much of the manga, but I couldn't help but notice how much more the manga breaks the fourth wall. I liked it.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - I think this show would have been better as something along the lines of Blood+ or Witch (no pun intended) Hunter Robin, rather than a Mahou Shoujo anime.

Bakemonogatari - I can see how it'd be tough to fit so much dialog into a half hour program, so it's understandable if the characters talk pretty fast. Same goes with the Haruhi series, that was one of my main problems with it.
RLinksoulApr 6, 2012 4:13 PM
Apr 6, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
@LovelyTsundere

Wow our tastes are identical lol.

Higurashi - Loved it. Couldn't believe Nagisa's VA was the same as Rena's. It creeped me out the first time I watched it lol.

Clannad AS - Amazing. One of the only few anime that got a 10 from me. Still the only show/movie to ever make me cry manly tears

The Disappearance of Haruhi - Also amazing. Again, one of the few that I gave a 10 lol. Major focus on Yuki and the story itself was great. Loved every minute of it.

Madoka Magica - One of the rare animes where you really shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Was very surprised how good it was.

Bakemonogatari - Great series. Very unique in its dialogue and the art style/animation was wonderful. Also introduced me to Senjougahara!

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it lol. Guess I need to type less in these types of threads lol.
YveseApr 6, 2012 4:15 PM
Apr 6, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2011
@-LovelyTsundere

Anime-

Clannad: After Story- a lovely, heartwarming story. It was a nice series

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu- I thought this was a good movie. Kyon always amazes me

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica- Well... Im not a type to watch a Mahou Shoujo anime but this was different it was a Mahou Shoujo for men xD

Bakemonogatari- I love to close up, the shots, an the art in this anime their different. I love the characters in Bake. Their all hilarious.

Manga-

Pandora Hearts- Only know Pandora Hearts but I like this manga my reading is right now and there are sooo many twists an turns and im damn holy shit i f'n didnt know
Apr 6, 2012 7:00 PM

Mar 2011
@Rager

Natsume Yuujinchou Shi - I've heard that this anime gets even better with each season. The first season was good, but it didn't do as much to me as I'd hoped. I'll certainly be checking out the following seasons soon.

Star Driver - This thing turned into monster-of-the-week really fast and nothing actually happened in like 20 episodes. The fight scenes were sharp and to the pointw hich I like, but unfortunately everything else is subpar especially the lack of plot progression and the ridiculous plotholes.

Nisemonogatari - Was this better than Bakemonogatari? I felt the dialogue got even more pretentious and random and for a series supposedly about the Fire Sisters, it wasn't really about them! That said though, I enjoyed this show because Karen and Kanbaru got really awesome.

Gintama' - Not better than the first one that's for sure. I still like it very much the comedy was more consistant, but it wasn't as memorable as the first season.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Apr 7, 2012 12:09 PM

Dec 2007
@toybox

Honey and Clover - I realy liked the comic-relief moments. I laughed so hard at the twister scene that I cried and my stomach hurt. But other than that, I thought it was kinda slow... Ayumi being forever unrequtedly in love with Mayama dragged on for ages, it was kinda annoying imo.

Princess Mononoke - pure classic! I really love this anime. It was the first Miyazaki I've watched and ever since I've been in love with whatever that man creates. He's a genius and Mononoke-hime is a definite masterpiece!

Seirei no Moribito - I loved this one too ^^ It's heart warming and exciting! I also felt that it's more mature than the average type of adventure/fantasy anime, it deals with themes like parenthood, mature love and the weight of taking a human life. I hold this anime dearly and it's a title that I always recommend to my friends who haven't seen it yet :)

Maison Ikkoku - I'm a huge fan of Rumiko Takahashi! Ranma 1/2 is on the top of my manga list and ever since I read it I went looking for more of her work. I started watching the Maison Ikkkoku anime but then put it on-hold cause I couldn't find it anywhere for download. After a while I started reading the manga too but also couldn't finish it, however I was left with a very good impression of this title, especially the manga, and I still intend on finishing it someday ^^
Apr 7, 2012 2:34 PM
Feb 2012
Usagi drop- I never finished the whole thing because i got behind the season it was in lol. But from what i saw it was BEYOND heartwarming and in was absolutely ADORABLE.

nodame cantabile- Im not musically inclined in any way shape or form so I flat out couldnt get into this.

Paranoia Agent- I loved this so much, I always love wacky paranormal stuff. The ending was kinda stupid though
Apr 18, 2012 9:02 PM

Mar 2009
@Nostalgia Cannon

Kuuchuu Buranko-great series, I'm seriously considering importing this from Australia. I wish more people would watch KB

Tatami Galaxy-I thought this series was more so so.
Apr 18, 2012 9:36 PM

Mar 2011
@FallnKnightFakir

Princess Tutu - The best mahou shoujo I have watched and it manages to bring darker themes without seeming edgy for the sake of it (Madoka). Interesting concept, great execution, memorable characters, overall great. I also loved Fakir although I admit I hated his guts in the beginning.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Pretty much all fun, never a boring moment. Best way to watch is to drop all logic and enjoy the ride.

Outlaw Star - Cowboy Bebop and this anime aired on Toonami at around the same time and I admit that I always preferred this as a child. Right now, both are 9s on my list which is testament of the great quality of the series.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Greatest thing ever.

Macross - It's Macross. Best feel-good anime (whatever that means xD) and it pretty much opened my eyes to the entire franchise. Gonna go check out the others now.

Maison Ikkoku - I daresay this is the second best rom/com after the anime version of Honey and Clover. The ending has got to be the most fulfilling and satisfying conclusion to any romance ever.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Apr 18, 2012 10:09 PM
Mar 2011
@ toybox
anime
Legend of the Galactic Heroes [ best of its genre by far i still have the old Vhs of this nostalgia rush
Princess Mononoke- this anime is qutie heavy on Symbolism if you under sand Japanese folk law
manga
Touch one of the best baseball manga there is
GTO- if only teachers like this gut exsisted in real life the school sysem would be better of
Maison Ikkoku- i Cannot heap enough praze upon this
Mars - the token shojo and its not a ribbon or Hanayu IP im shocked mars is good though not doubt
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 24, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
@Enjolras1830

Bump. Inactive thread for a week

All of the anime or manga that you have in your favorites section is not something I am not familiar with since judging from the date they are very old. This concludes that you stay true to old and classic anime despite today's modern anime. You have an odd taste since every time I look at other people's favorites it is the same thing and very familiar (that also counts me since my favorites are also the favorites of majority). I also saw your criteria in your sig and maybe those anime greatly shaped the anime industry. Since you have watched a massive amount of anime you did a good job sorting trash in accordance to your preference.
BlueKiteApr 24, 2012 3:17 PM
Apr 24, 2012 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - A pretty good mecha anime, love the insanity.

Fullmetal Brotherhood - A well done Shounen anime

Clannad: After Story -It is the best of the Key anime.

Castle in the Sky - Have not seen

When they cry - Have not see.
Apr 24, 2012 3:27 PM

Apr 2011
@Neane1993

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Not my favorite, not even by a long shot, but still a good anime. It's a classic. I'm not the biggest fan of the ending (either ending), but I was still fairly entertained by then.

Welcome to the NHK! - This is one of my 10s. It's in my top ten anime for sure. Extremely well-done, good blend of comedy and drama.

Texhnolyze - Haven't even heard of this one. Plot summary is interesting enough.

Now and Then, Here and There - Watching at 2 episodes. Pretty good so far. Nothing exceptional yet, but again that's just after two episodes. Very interesting characters.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Resting comfortably in my Plan to Watch. I have high hopes for this one, and apparently as soon as I watch this I will join the master race.
BertholdtFubarApr 24, 2012 3:38 PM
Apr 24, 2012 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
recheebts...

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Haven't seen it so no comment on this one.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - If you go for the shounen shows with less than 100 episodes, this one is the way to go. It's far superior to the original anime, the soundtrack rocks and the characters, even the villains, have my sympathy.
I think I'll rewatch it this year.

One Piece - The newer episodes are not as good as the older ones because they try to animate one chapter per episode which makes the pacing feel so slow. I'm not a "manga>anime"-person but here the manga is definitely better.

Toradora! - Haven't seen it even though it's in my plan to watch-list for months. Lots of people say it's even better than Clannad AS and I don't want to waste the first time experience when watching it right now.

Clannad: After Story - The whole part after Tomoya's graduation is the reason why it is in my favourite list as well. I didn't mind the fantasy aspect at all. Who doesn't like a happy end after all?
SinDeLuXeApr 24, 2012 3:46 PM
Apr 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Steins;Gate - I have heard of it, but I haven't seen it. ;^^
Clannad: After Story - I really liked that series. especially the scenes involving the girl and the robot. ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - I have seen the older version of it.
Welcome to the NHK! - I may try this one, it sounds pretty cool. ^^
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - =D I love that series! The drama was really well written. ^^ I could also relate to it because many of my friends changed a lot as they got older too. ;^^
Apr 24, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2010
@Rodentqween
Death Note: Death Note kind of died on me at the midpoint. Once L was gone it lost all of the tension that made it so fun, and over-relied on twists. It's still a good series, and Light got what was coming to him, I just wish they had been able to keep up the momentum.

Toradora!: Now, here's a series that I really liked right up until the ending, which is one of the worst endings I have seen in anime. Terrible ending that fails to resolve anything properly and makes the characters act stupid. It's a shame.

Kyou no Go no Ni (2008): Never heard of this, but it's ranked pretty low. Could you explain why you like it?

Kuragehime: Now, here's a series I just didn't get. It looked nice, but I couldn't really discern what the message was or who it was intended for. Still, it clearly has fans.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: I didn't like this one when I first saw it, but upon reflection it's grown on me. I think I like it for different reasons than a lot of people do, I don't side with the girls very much but the show does have some interesting things to say on humanity.
Apr 24, 2012 10:08 PM

Mar 2008
@Bob_Squob

Watching:
ef - a tale of memories: I wish I could know your thoughts on it! I was pretty touched by it when I watched it, although the magic has definitely worn off since then. Honestly, I recommend it to people on the sole basis that they watch melodies and see Yuuko's story, which is by far my favorite.

Completed: (for length's sake I will mostly only point out ones I disagree with you on)

FLCL: You should try rewatching it. The puberty/maturation allegory makes a lot more sense when you realize you really shouldn't be trying to take it too literally...

Mushishi: Honestly, I'm shocked that you loved Kino's Journey but not Mushishi. I prefer Mushishi by leaps and bounds, although I do like Kino's as well. I think it's beautiful, thoughtful, and rather..ephemeral. While Kino's is more so on the preachy side...

Princess Tutu: I like your tag statement on it. One of my favorites because of that description.

Steins;Gate: I enjoyed this series a lot for its emotional punch and generally interesting plot. I'd like to know why you disliked it, actually.

Toradora!: My favorite romcom...I'm actually a little on the defensive side for this series, so I will leave it at that. I'm curious what specifically you disliked so much about the ending, though.

EDIT: OH THAT'S EMBARRASSING I THOUGHT I WAS ON THE COMMENT ON THE LIST ABOVE YOURS THREAD.

Oops.

Okay then, I gave my thoughts on Kino already. For Disappearance, I agree. The movie had excellent production values and was a great drama overall. Baccano is a really fun series, although I didn't get attached enough to it for me to consider it a "favorite".
ppizzapieApr 24, 2012 11:55 PM
Apr 24, 2012 10:43 PM

Mar 2009
@ppizzapie

LoGH-it's on my list too, we who have seen it know why it's on all our lists

Higurashi Kai-I think I liked the first season a bit more, but yeah, they were both awesome

Mushishi-possibly the greatest episodic thing I can think of

Aria the Origination-I've only seen Animation and a small part of Natural, but despite liking everything else by Junichi Sato, this show just isn't for me
Apr 24, 2012 11:23 PM

Oct 2009
@ Fakir

Princess Tutu - Yes, yes, yes, yes! The most beautifully sweet, refined and educational show to touch the hearts of men.

Gurren Lagann - Stereotypical Shounen doesn't really do much for me. But b/c its so popular and the girl looks like she has a fiery personality (my one true weakness), despite dressing like a stripper, I'll prolly eventually give it a gander.

Outlaw Star - One of the first shows I watched. And after Aisha FINALLY joined the crew it was a right barrel of fun. Its probably because this show that I decided to write-off all space/mecha/action shows as same-o-lame-o though.

Galactic Heroes - Outer Space, War, stuff, 110 ep., yeah. It might be a long time before I touch this show. Doesn't really picque my interest at all, except maybe the politics and strategy parts.

Macross - More mecha/space/action with a cliche romance with a dainty little damsel in distress? sounds like Outlaw Star without the interesting side characters (Aisha). :P I'll probably pass on this one too. Not enough hours in my lifespan.
Quia ursus pusilli ingenii sum verba difficilia fastidio. — Winnie ille Pu
Today’s lesson is brought to you by the letter μ
Apr 24, 2012 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
@Rawion

Spice and Wolf: All I remember from this is Holo being a good character, really need to rewatch to remember it.

Tutu: Watching it atm, heard it gets better. But the first half is really starting to wear on me. Really hope it changes things up and becomes the hyped thing everyone talks about.

Toradora: Something I need to rewatch, I remember anything. I just can't tell if it's great, or just decent. Because I thought this series was really funny. But the romance aspect falls flat at times, but Minori and Ami were both good characters. So many factors to decide in it.

Madoka Magica: Shit got me into anime. But trying to rewatch multiple times, the magic seems to be not there as much anymore. The first 5 episodes are just..... decent. The second half is great, with so many other factors going in, but the start is so hard to watch for knowing what's going to happen. Homura is one of my favorite characters though.
Pages (88) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7674 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
8 seconds ago

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

5639 by tsukareru »»
1 minute ago

» What can you tell about the above user based on their forum set v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Oct 25, 2018

3001 by scaevaelt »»
1 minute ago

» Do you recognize the user above by just looking at their forum set? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lucasmrNd - May 26, 2021

8153 by scaevaelt »»
2 minutes ago

» What is the best feature of the above users profile? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 22, 2021

7066 by scaevaelt »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.