Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which finished marvel anime was the best
Jul 4, 2011 1:42 PM

May 2011
Since i am kinda new to the forums i am not sure if anyone has made this, but i was wondering what did you guys think of the finished marvel anime...out of the 3, which do you think needs a second season. (first episode of blade was pretty okay for me)

As for me, i say bring back X-Men and can they try out a deadpool anime?
kwills88Sep 17, 2011 8:33 PM
<center></center>
Jul 4, 2011 3:28 PM

Feb 2011
No (none of the above) option?
Jul 4, 2011 4:09 PM

Mar 2009
The production values and sound tracks for all were very good. You could tell they had some money to work with but something got lost in the translation. Considering all they had to work with they all ended up pretty mediocre . . . or less. Still, I'd like to see them take another run at X-men just to see if they could get the hang of it.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jul 4, 2011 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
Can we wait for Blade to finish airingbefore we have this discussion? ^_-
Jul 4, 2011 7:09 PM

Aug 2009
kalas182 said:

+1

X-Men was probably the least bad of the three though.
Jul 4, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
I stopped bothering to watch them. The animation and such was nice, but the story for them seemed sub par. Then again, I wasn't really a big fan of the source materials in the first place.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jul 4, 2011 7:51 PM

May 2011
ive made up my mind not to watch this, just had a negative hunch. from what im seeing in this thread i guess i made the right choice
Jul 4, 2011 8:07 PM
Jul 2007
The anime as far as effects and animation style goes its fine, but it is the storylines of these that I do not care for. I love marvel, and I want remember it in a good way not a negative way. Oh and Blade is such a bad marvel character anyways no offense to anyone who likes it but the movies were bad even back in the 90s, and that's how it should stay. I honestly feel that with the rising fad of marvel movies being made,(which i like, because for the most part most of them are good) Anime is trying to profit by creating marvel into anime, but they are only going in half cocked into a gun fight. They have anime down, but the storylines are a failure in my opinion. Again meaning no offense if you do like it, that's just my opinion growing up with marvel comics, and marvel american tv shows. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.
Jul 4, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2009
Iron Man was average so I dropped it after a few episodes. Never bothered to watch Wolverine. X-Men was entertaining though.
Jul 4, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2010
i never found any of these marvel anime to even reach the mediocre level...to tell you the truth i find them just plain bad :/
Jul 5, 2011 12:00 AM

Feb 2008
Iron Man was meh and definitely the worst of the 3. Wolverine was rather nice at the start, especially with the episodes that had Omega Red, but the later episodes were really week. As for X-Men, it had it's ups and downs but it was a lot better than the previous 2 series.
Jul 5, 2011 2:03 AM
Jun 2011
kaleidostar1187 said:
Anime is trying to profit by creating marvel into anime, but they are only going in half cocked into a gun fight. They have anime down, but the storylines are a failure in my opinion. Again meaning no offense if you do like it, that's just my opinion growing up with marvel comics, and marvel american tv shows. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.

Hardly. It's actually Marvel that's trying to cash in on anime. Japan couldn't care less about Marvel. These shows are commissions by Marvel in order to get their characters more recognized in Japan (since Japan, and the rest of the world in general, do not read American comics or watch the cartoons) And given how poorly they were received, I'd say they failed.

The reason these anime ended up being poor is because they were written by Marvel comic writers who then just gave the script to the Japanese companies and told them to fill in the blanks, so we ended up getting stuff that made little sense and just seemed random (the Iron Man anime, for example.. is it based on the movie? It's own thing? Who knows? The writers sure didn't, they didn't start with the origin of the character or introduce anything) These shows were pretty much just comic books animated with anime art, so they were pretty bad and suffered the same problems as comic books do.
Jul 5, 2011 6:21 AM

Aug 2008
I watched X-Men and Wolverine. I couldn't finish Ironman, it was SOOO BORING.
X-Men was the most enjoyable until the japanese girl (I don't remember the name) started to get anoying. And what was that cliche ending? I didn't like it at all.
Storm was lame, she didn't do anything. Storm isn't like that :. Wolverine was fat, he looks like he ate all the cast from his previous series.
I don't like emo Cyclops, but he is like that in all the animated series from Marvel.
Wth with the Phoenix's thing? They could do something more like Astonishing X-Men -.-.
As for the Wolverine anime, I think it has more action. It was more enjoyable for me.
I won't be watching Blade, I don't like the character :P.

「何度も立ち向かい続けよう 大切なもの失いたくないから 信じたそのさきへと・・・」
Jul 5, 2011 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
X-Men is the best one so far, but pretty mediocre in the same time. Iron Man is just plane awful, Wolverine is somewhere in-between those too.
Jul 5, 2011 6:50 AM

Mar 2011
metamorphius said:
kalas182 said:

+1

X-Men was probably the least bad of the three though.

+1 from me too. All of them where not even worth the time...
Jul 5, 2011 6:53 AM

Jan 2011
Iron Man was just plain bad. X-Men and Wolverine are on the same level in my opinion.
Not the best series, but I enjoyed them both...Wolverine a little more than X-Men.
Didn't watch Blade Ep1 yet, but I'm not a really big fan of Blade in the first place...we'll see I guess.
Jul 7, 2011 1:52 AM

Jul 2010
I have not watched any Marvel anime at all and I never will. I'm just not into superhero comic books as I used to be.
Jul 7, 2011 2:09 AM

Jul 2007
Not a fan of the standard comic book hero, have not bothered watching the anime.

~
Jul 7, 2011 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
All were pretty average, but Iron Man was easily the most entertaining. X-Men was the worst of the 3.
Jul 7, 2011 3:07 AM

Jul 2010
There should be no more Marvel anime. Iron Man and Wolverine were okay, but I wouldn't watch them again. As for X-Men, it was just horrible, words can't even describe the pain I endured trying to make myself believe it would get better. I'm not even going to bother with Blade.
Jul 7, 2011 6:54 AM

Jun 2011
none..I didn't like any of them... big disappointment
Duhuhu...
Jul 7, 2011 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
Fail projects
Jul 7, 2011 10:09 AM
Mar 2011
any adaptation of Xmen has Been poor form after X2 has been bad
so dont DISH on the anime if you Like Origins
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 17, 2011 8:35 PM

May 2011
Blade is finally finished and it turned out to be better than I expected and I wasn't expecting much, the final episode, I was really satisfied with it
<center></center>
Sep 18, 2011 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
I've seen Iron Man and X-Men. I've enjoyed Iron Man; they managed to keep Mr. Stark's brash American personality. Unfortunately for the X-Men, all of the X-Men somehow turned Japanese (by the way they spoke and handled the situations).
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 18, 2011 1:06 AM
Jun 2010
The animation was very nice but the stories were very boring and lacking.

Although, that's only speaking for Iron Man and Wolverine. I haven't watched the others.

More topics from this board

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

34 by animejas »»
55 seconds ago

» How far are you willing to forgive anime for its obvious (to you) disadvantages?

RobertBobert - 6 hours ago

17 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

71 by PlasticRobot »»
9 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

117 by LostSpectre »»
22 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

57 by Lhundrup »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.