Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2011 9:18 PM
Mar 2011
lol i did not expect a 5 year old girl to be that heavy. Or Okabe's grip to be that weak.
Jun 28, 2011 9:19 PM

Oct 2007
mayuri is one of my favorite characters, so this episode was horrible for me :( i'm so heartbroken.
Jun 28, 2011 9:21 PM

Nov 2008
D-mail:"Don't hack SERN" Problem solved and they will live happily ever after.

...but then again that would kill the epicness XDD Everyone likes to see Okarin desperate and fail miserably...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 28, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
technically you're NOT allowed to post spoilers of what's going to happen, regardless if you're hiding them on the "Spoiler tab".

And technically you have can always ignore spoiler buttons like the plague, it's your own fault by pressing.

spoilers are like Smoking, a "Spoiler" always gives you a chance to ignore them, but when you press it, all of the fault goes to the "opener". Some people do love spoilers

As usual if you ever follow my posts, CG TIME

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
This show really takes a toll in my heart. I would have gotten a heart attack if there was one more repetition of Mayushii's death in this episode.
Really hope she gets saved in the end.
Jun 28, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
fatstarr said:
Endless 8 all i have to say but in a good/sad way
Exactly! Except that this has variations and Endless 8 was a shit load of the same thing that everyone raged about. Yes I read the comments and even saw the Hitler video made of it. Hilarious as ever.
QysteiN said:
Somehow reminds me of Higurashi...
YES! Me too I had that problem with Rika and gang dying all the time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 28, 2011 10:02 PM
Dec 2008
mayuri dying is sad, yes,
but i almost lost my mind
when i saw kurisu get shot...
at least shes not dying over and over again...if she did i would faint..
Jun 28, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
kaimax said:
And technically you have can always ignore spoiler buttons like the plague, it's your own fault by pressing.

spoilers are like Smoking, a "Spoiler" always gives you a chance to ignore them, but when you press it, all of the fault goes to the "opener". Some people do love spoilers
That's NOT the problem....

The problem is when you post a spoiler, someone reads it and responds WITHOUT posting their response in a "Spoiler tab".

Have you ever read this:

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE

Obviously this isn't an adaption of manga but a VN, however, the same concept applies....DO NOT DISCUSS THE ORIGIN!!!!!!

....and again, I'm only saying not to post Spoilers of what's going to happen next....

Oh, and I'm only letting you know that other members can REPORT your spoiler to the forum mods.....I personally do not report anyone because I don't like getting people in trouble, but others might do that.
Jun 28, 2011 10:16 PM

Dec 2010
Poor Mayuri!

She died so many times...absolutely depressing.

The last death scene we saw clearly shows that Mayuri was destined to die that day, and not because of SERN.

Damnit!

Jun 28, 2011 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
Whole episode had me shouting FFFFFFFFFFFFF.
somewhat disappointing that the whole episode was a mini Endless8. hopefully he can still save her, as some said in an earlier post a D-Mail will probably work if sending himself back doesnt.

still a great episode, hoping the rest will be as exciting as this one.
Jun 28, 2011 10:18 PM
Aug 2009
That kid did it on purpose she was brainwashed by Sern
Jun 28, 2011 10:33 PM

Jun 2011
DenjaX said:

...but then again that would kill the epicness XDD Everyone likes to see Okarin desperate and fail miserably...

If only it's dat easy for the damages Okabe has been done to the worldline...
AP0CALYPSE said:
This episode is depressing -.-

Mayuri is easily the one of the best female characters in 2011 (imo), and a lot further down than that.
It sucked seeing her die 3 times in 1 episode: I cried mantears.

Definately not the best female cast, but she can have the honor of the char with the most death count(title subjected to change). =D
sakaJun 28, 2011 10:39 PM
Jun 28, 2011 10:36 PM

May 2008
I went through and removed any spoilers that were not clearly indicated or that were marked but were irrelevant to this episode's discussion. The primary enjoyment of this storyline is in plot twists, so stop spoiling things for others, or even presenting the temptation to do so.

It is not okay to post spoilers if they are not relevant to this episode.

For the last few episode discussions here I've see a lot of "Next episode it's gonna be this!" with images of scenes that haven't happened inside spoiler tags. That is not relevant to this episode and nobody who is experiencing the story for the first time is going to appreciate your supposed wealth of knowledge. Spoilers can be used if they are clearly marked and are relevant only to this episode.

I am a banana.
Jun 28, 2011 10:42 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was depressing and aggravating to watch at the same time. Wonder how its going to go from here.. I also wonder if its now impossible to safe Mayuri..strictly because shes already met her "fate" so to speak.
Jun 28, 2011 11:05 PM

Jun 2008
saka said:
It is not okay to post spoilers if they are not relevant to this episode.
Thank you Saka, I'm enjoying this anime too much to have it ruined by people who want to spoil everything for us.

Anyways, back on topic.

DesolateOne said:
Poor Mayuri!

She died so many times...absolutely depressing.

The last death scene we saw clearly shows that Mayuri was destined to die that day, and not because of SERN.

Damnit!

Hopefully Okabe can find a way, I think we've seen in this episode that he's willing to go ALL OUT to save Mayuri.

Without a doubt this will be a big challenge for him.
Jun 28, 2011 11:12 PM

Jul 2007
DenjaX said:

Jacut said:
Someone needs to use the D-Mail in order to save Mayushii (on the down side, that could make the Shinkansen black - I'm joking but the scene with the mother and her child is clearly here as a future indicator of whether or not the time lines have been changed or not -).

GarLogan78 said:
So it seems like a time leap can't change the future, just how it happens. Only a D-Mail can shift the world lines. Like others have suggested, a D-Mail might be a better way to try and save Mayuri. Or just tell her to spend the night at her cosplay friend's house.

*facepalm*

ITS THE SAME DAMN THING, JUST IN ONE CASE YOU SEND INFORMATION TO AFFECT RECEIVERS AND IN OTHER CASE YOU SEND A COPY OF YOURSELF TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING.

YOu CAN'T travel to actual past of your wordline due to causality paradox.

People can be so dense sometimes.
Jun 28, 2011 11:21 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
DenjaX said:

Jacut said:
Someone needs to use the D-Mail in order to save Mayushii (on the down side, that could make the Shinkansen black - I'm joking but the scene with the mother and her child is clearly here as a future indicator of whether or not the time lines have been changed or not -).

GarLogan78 said:
So it seems like a time leap can't change the future, just how it happens. Only a D-Mail can shift the world lines. Like others have suggested, a D-Mail might be a better way to try and save Mayuri. Or just tell her to spend the night at her cosplay friend's house.

*facepalm*

ITS THE SAME DAMN THING, JUST IN ONE CASE YOU SEND INFORMATION TO AFFECT RECEIVERS AND IN OTHER CASE YOU SEND A COPY OF YOURSELF TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING.

Is it more a copy of yourself in memory format digitized to work with that new future gadget as Okabe would call it.

Jun 28, 2011 11:22 PM

Aug 2008
Onii said:
Though I already knew this was going to happen, it still really fucking hit me hard.

Pretty sure it hit Mayuri harder.

Anyways, last two episodes have been pretty great, looking forward to whatever twists this show throws out.
Jun 28, 2011 11:27 PM

Jan 2010
Ustnap said:
Onii said:
Though I already knew this was going to happen, it still really fucking hit me hard.

Pretty sure it hit Mayuri harder.

Anyways, last two episodes have been pretty great, looking forward to whatever twists this show throws out.

You'll VERY much love the twists. Seeing this animated kind of made me twitch a little. Comparing that to the VN isn't much, but still pretty gruesome.
Jun 28, 2011 11:33 PM

Dec 2010
Fai said:
DenjaX said:

Jacut said:

GarLogan78 said:

*facepalm*

Sorry if I sound ignorant but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I just want to say that there is a difference between d-mails and time leaping. Sending D-mails changes the world line which can be thought of another world branching off from the world you sent it in. This would lead to very noticeable outcomes. In contrast, time leaping is like a rewind in the same world line, meaning things that is supposed to occur in this world, WILL occur regardless of what you (actually it would be Okarin) try to do to stop it. The only thing you can really do is delay it or change how you arrived at the situation. With d-mails, you can definitely change what you couldn't by time leaping.

I've played the VN so I would know.

Disregard this post if this is what you meant or if it is irrelevant to what you are saying.

Jun 28, 2011 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
LOL this was actually pretty funny with Rin going paranoid and stuff and Mayushi dying again and again.

This episode reminds me a lot of the movie "The Time Machine"
-QuasarJun 28, 2011 11:39 PM
Jun 28, 2011 11:41 PM

Jun 2008
-Quasar said:

Yep, that was actually the first thing I thought about...

No matter what Okabe does, Mayuri ends up dying, one way or another he can't change the past.

Let's just hope Steins;Gate doesn't follow the same premise as "The Time Machine"
Jun 28, 2011 11:46 PM

Jan 2010
For FB ... FB ... FB (* for Facebook .., facebook .. facebook)
Jun 28, 2011 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck, not even Takuto's libido is enough to save Mayuri.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2011 11:50 PM

May 2008
alexcampos said:
-Quasar said:

Yep, that was actually the first thing I thought about...

No matter what Okabe does, Mayuri ends up dying, one way or another he can't change the past.

Let's just hope Steins;Gate doesn't follow the same premise as "The Time Machine"
I also get the feeling they are homaging The Time Machine... without H.G. Wells this story would not exist. Combined with the John Titor stuff and the explanation of world lines and grandfather paradox etc, this series is like a museum of pop time travel theory.

I am a banana.
Jun 28, 2011 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:
technically you're NOT allowed to post spoilers of what's going to happen, regardless if you're hiding them on the "Spoiler tab".
Now, not that I agree with those who are actually posting the spoilers, but as to not being allowed to do stuff, there's a lot of forum rules that are broken all the time.
Rule #8 for example. People should look it up if they don't know what rule that is.
And this very post of mine probably falls under ruler #10.
Oh well, just wanted to have that said.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 29, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2009
Now this is what I've been waiting for. Wish the episode was longer.
Jun 29, 2011 12:16 AM

Jul 2010
Rukako is cute as always.

Next episode preview. Title is maybe...
#14 Physical Necrosis 形而下のネクローシス
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8-CcKmewc
Jun 29, 2011 12:26 AM

Jul 2007
DesolateOne said:
Fai said:
DenjaX said:

Jacut said:

GarLogan78 said:

*facepalm*

Sorry if I sound ignorant but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I just want to say that there is a difference between d-mails and time leaping. Sending D-mails changes the world line which can be thought of another world branching off from the world you sent it in. This would lead to very noticeable outcomes. In contrast, time leaping is like a rewind in the same world line, meaning things that is supposed to occur in this world, WILL occur regardless of what you (actually it would be Okarin) try to do to stop it. The only thing you can really do is delay it or change how you arrived at the situation. With d-mails, you can definitely change what you couldn't by time leaping.

I've played the VN so I would know.

Disregard this post if this is what you meant or if it is irrelevant to what you are saying.

If that is true and exactly how it works in VN, then we already have one big thing everyone will need to suspend their disbelief with.

I expected the story to have more coherence then. You can't just "change" theory behind the time-trave you usel, just because of different kind of info being sent. Its against the reality that is known as science.

If one is sticking with multi-timeverse stuff, then one discards any possibility of going into the same line's past, because doing that would create a new timeline itself separate from the one you leave from.

Because if you travel to the same timeline the very action of you doing that prevents you from TRAVELING into the past, causing what is known as causality paradox, which means its IMPOSSIBLE.

If one is sticking with universal-order-in-chaos kind of thing that prevents you from changing stuff, that would mean that there should be two-okabes at once to prevent causality paradox and that would also mean that d-mails should not even work.
Jun 29, 2011 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
alexcampos said:

Didn't Kurisu died in the first episode?

It's think this has more to do with Okabe going back again and again on the same timeline that's why he is not changing Mayushi's fate. I think changing timelines would do it.
Jun 29, 2011 12:48 AM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode
Best so far cant wait to see how Okarin deals with destiny
Jun 29, 2011 12:49 AM

May 2008
Fai said:
You can't just "change" theory behind the time-trave you usel, just because of different kind of info being sent. Its against the reality that is known as science.
Even the original theories are science fiction. They're just hypothetical situations with essentially zero evidence since nobody has a time machine to test it out, and most scientists agree that traveling into the past is likely impossible because of math and physics implications. Obviously there are plenty of liberties taken in S;G.... in assuming memory transfer is possible for example, and all the hand waving of the compression feedback loop thing... and that's just this episode. Don't think too hard about it lol.

I am a banana.
Jun 29, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
this episode recalls me madoka :/
Jun 29, 2011 1:15 AM

Jun 2008
edeswen said:
this episode recalls me madoka :/

Well, if you played the VN first it's the other way around. lol

and seriously, stop justifying that "time travel-science" is a fact, it's still a theory that nobody can prove. And being "inconsistent" with other time traveling stories doesn't mean that this anime is applying false science, Steins;gate is simply using their own formula of Time traveling theory, just like Chaos;Head which uses their own theory about delusions.

With that in mind, I'm really looking forward to the next series Robotic;Notes

So, Just enjoy "this version" of time traveling science fiction.
kaimaxJun 29, 2011 1:20 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 29, 2011 1:31 AM

Jun 2011
this episode just show us that someone's fate can not be changed..TT

mayushiiii don't diee just yet..TT
Jun 29, 2011 1:33 AM
Jul 2010
Poor Mayushi... Will Okarin be able to change her fate?
This episode was simply amazing. And I liked the detail that Kurisu always notices something happened when he gets back^^
Jun 29, 2011 1:37 AM

Oct 2010
saka said:
Fai said:
You can't just "change" theory behind the time-trave you usel, just because of different kind of info being sent. Its against the reality that is known as science.
Even the original theories are science fiction. They're just hypothetical situations with essentially zero evidence since nobody has a time machine to test it out, and most scientists agree that traveling into the past is likely impossible because of math and physics implications. Obviously there are plenty of liberties taken in S;G.... in assuming memory transfer is possible for example, and all the hand waving of the compression feedback loop thing... and that's just this episode. Don't think too hard about it lol.
Oh but it's good to think hard. I for one can't agree about the memory thing because as of now there are is work in progress to project all your memories in screen.

There is also work in progress towards time travel but the problem to advance is still at hand, however there is the element that is found out with the problem. Should they know how to integrate the element properly, tests may start with animals, well first objects then animals.

Steins Gate also got the amazing Ergosphere theory. Never in my dreams would I think that a soul may enter a black hole and absorb its essence only to be reborn in a human body and still have amazing powers regarding time travel such as Okabe has.

The reason why he detaches himself from the world is not because of anything but one thing in theorem. The warping of his consciousness affected by the black hole particles. Since black holes tend to eat up worlds then it's no surprise the whole disconnection thing.

Jun 29, 2011 1:48 AM

Jun 2011
kusushi said:
Rukako is cute as always.

Next episode preview. Title is maybe...
#14 Physical Necrosis 形而下のネクローシス
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8-CcKmewc

Omg tears! Okabe breaks down in front of Christina! New touch! The Okabe in the same scene of the VN is just kinda of hollowed out.

Help from Suzuha? Perhaps her true identity will finally be revealed.

And seems like the next few weeks will be a living hell for u Tutturu lovers.
Jun 29, 2011 1:53 AM
Mar 2011
kaimax said:
With that in mind, I'm really looking forward to the next series Robotic;Notes

Haven't seen that future series namedropped in a while. Although the VN was just announced, no doubt it will also be turned into an anime.

I'm also a huge IRL robotics nut and a fan of augmented reality. Robotics;Notes would probably fill my intellectual fetish perfectly.
Jun 29, 2011 1:54 AM
Jul 2010
Such a heart breaking episode. Poor Okabe not able to save Mayushi.
Tremble before my Darkness!
Jun 29, 2011 2:06 AM

Jun 2010
Next Episode NAO!!!!!
Jun 29, 2011 2:15 AM

Sep 2010
Give up, there's no saving her!
Jun 29, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2009
Who's ready for Endless;Gate?
Jun 29, 2011 2:45 AM

Feb 2011
mystik said:
the smart thing to do is GET AWAY FROM Mayushii. SERN is after him not her. so he needs to get the hell out, as do Daru and Makise. take the part time warrior with him as she is useful.

shit just got intense. so death count so far Makise 2 Mayushii 3.

I'm not sure that'd work, when Moeka shot her the first time she was repeating "For FB" over and over, and then it was Moeka that ran Mayushii over the second time around. Looks like Moeka has it in for Mayushii, so leaving her alone would probably lead to her definitely being killed by Moeka.
Jun 29, 2011 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
Part time warrior lives up to her name ;D Seeing Mayuri die in so many different ways was depressing... But still, the show is picking up the pace.
Jun 29, 2011 3:46 AM
Jun 2009
All aboard the crazy train! Fuahahahaha!

But in all seriousness, with the whole Time Leap and D-Mail discussion I've seen I've come to my own understanding of the situation.

We all think D-Mail changes the world line. It sends a text back which changes a persons mind about something causing the world line to split off into a new one because it is a new line in which they have decided to go with that option.

I would say the Time Leap is pretty much the same apart from it is sending a persons consciousness back. Their memories are transferred back down the SAME World Line and then the moment they do something different from the original World line they were on it causes the World line to split off, like the D-Mail. I think this anime is all about getting back to the original World line. (Which if you did read properly, is possible without a paradox)

My theory and understandings are in the spoiler for obvious reasons:
NostromoTomoJun 30, 2011 3:12 AM
Jun 29, 2011 3:47 AM
Jun 2009
Might also draw a line on paint and the world lines pointing off of it. Heh, I'm so into this anime. xD

I've also pretty much figured out what could/should happen in the anime and would say the rest of what I want to say, but I feel it would ruin the experience of others or stop them from thinking about other possibilities. Although I could still also be wrong and there could also be several different endings that could occur because it is based off of a VN after all. :P
NostromoTomoJun 29, 2011 3:52 AM
Jun 29, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2010
Best. Love how Kurisu was so worried about Okabe. Okabe x Kurisu forever!
And the part-time warrior was so amazing! Beat down 5 armed man with just bare hands... Too awesome for words.

Was also pretty pissed off with the little girl who pushed Mayuri down the tracks although it was supposed to happen. Oh well. Really hopes that Mayuri gets revived :(
Jun 29, 2011 4:32 AM

Jul 2010
Dammit Mayuri! My heart! T_T

Jacut said:

This exactly. After a few more tries he'll see that he can't change it by time leap and he has to change something way back in the past to change Mayuri's fate.

And also, what will happen if Okabe doesn't have the opportunity to get back to the time leap machine? Damn this series is killing me. It's awesome.

Jun 29, 2011 5:32 AM

Jul 2007
Onyxthegreat said:
Dammit Mayuri! My heart! T_T

Jacut said:

This exactly. After a few more tries he'll see that he can't change it by time leap and he has to change something way back in the past to change Mayuri's fate.

And also, what will happen if Okabe doesn't have the opportunity to get back to the time leap machine? Damn this series is killing me. It's awesome.

Except that D-mail usage can lead to bad things.

You send yourself a message to order vegetables instead of meet in the cafe and suddenly this leads to dinosaur alien invasion through some crazy probability. Chaos theory is a tricky thing. :)

Personally participating in the change allows a more finesse to the situation and ensures that his attemps are more forceful.

saka said:
Fai said:

yeah. Memory compression stuff bugged me heavily too, but that could be understandable on the plot purposes as well as the possibility of using black hole to compress data.

So far the show has been REALLY consistent in the time travel theories it uses. The time-travel theory change is entirely unneeded and reasonless and stupid. Not to mention that it directly breaks the logic behind what was fairly grounded show.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

806 by Neon7o7 »»
Yesterday, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
May 14, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.