3It was OK
4.5%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.6
1,144 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 24, 2011 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
woah so okarins ability is called "reading-steiner"(?) xD
oh and i wished ruka would become a girl lol.
And how they are using the D-mail to change the past is quite amusing and exciting at the same time.
May 24, 2011 12:38 PM
Aug 2008
shuncchi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
oh and i wished ruka would become a girl lol.
And how they are using the D-mail to change the past is quite amusing and exciting at the same time.

I think ruka is a girl, the way they all reacted, also mayu saying ruka-chan.
Great ep, laughed a lot with daru xD
May 24, 2011 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
And despite Okarin being aware that the past changed, he still takes forever to realize that something actually changed.
Oh well, it's just a minor flaw of his, I guess.
And Moeka's as fast as always when it comes to replying.
Oh Dal. You pervert
Oh Ruka, finally. Now I won't have to feel bad for liking a trap.

On another note, the VN's so full of awesome lines that 90% here won't ever hear. It's kind of sad.
And instead, they add a bunch of "tuturuu"s in places where there weren't any to begin with.
OosranMay 24, 2011 1:37 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 24, 2011 1:19 PM

Sep 2007
Another great episode!! None of them seem to really realize all the consequences of changing the past... Going back for so much years, what a huge risk! WHAT HAS CHANGED?! Now I really want to play the game, I bet there's a lot of bad ends (:
May 24, 2011 1:40 PM
Jun 2010
OH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!
May 24, 2011 1:42 PM
Apr 2010
i have a feeling that ruka did become a girl
May 24, 2011 1:42 PM
Mar 2008
I don't get the last part, why did Okarin say it failed? Ruka became a girl, didn't he?
May 24, 2011 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
God, I love KYOUUUUMA. I also think Ruka became a girl as well, but we'll see.
May 24, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
draker said:
I don't get the last part, why did Okarin say it failed? Ruka became a girl, didn't he?
Well, he obviously said it failed because he didn't see any obvious change. Like, that flat chest and stuff.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 24, 2011 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
draker said:

Think in the perverted sense (or so, thats how I'm thinking)
It failed to make Ruka have femine attributes (chest... and..whatnot..) yet Ruka got what he/she always wanted? xD;;? to be a female?
...who knows I'm just guessing

:c but then again maybe Ruka didn't become a girl..
LMAO at their expressions at Ruka in cosplay, I made the same noise and face
"mu..." xDD
Kurisu... oh Kurisu... LOL ..her OTL on the wall was funny xDDD
May 24, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2010
draker said:

Ruka probably did become a girl, but because she is still flat-chested, Okarin thought Ruka didn't change genders.
May 24, 2011 2:00 PM

Oct 2010
I wish Ruka became a girl because it feels very awkward to look at him... Every time I do I get a picture of Okarin in my head saying : It's a trap! xD
May 24, 2011 2:34 PM

May 2010
~Tuturu!

Decent episode. I also think Ruka became a girl - Mayuri from the other time universe wouldn't have agreed with Kurisu about Okarin being a pervert for looking @ Ruka(seeing as Mayuri knew he was a male and Kurisu didn't..)

Had me LOL:
May 24, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
Tuturu!

I'm starting to love this show. It was a little boring at first but now it keeps me interested and waiting for the next episode.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
May 24, 2011 3:08 PM

Jan 2010
best anime of the season
May 24, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2009
"Tu-tu-ruu~" OVERLOAD... Mayushii...

Ruka probably did become a girl however, and Kurisu despaired over Ruka being a boy prior to that.

But... it's a trap, alright.

May 24, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
otakuthon49 said:

Ruka probably did become a girl however, and Kurisu despaired over Ruka being a boy prior to that.

Rukako is such a good trap... and not to mention Tu tu ruuu~ Wait so did Ruka actually turn into a girl? But Okabe thought she was still a guy due to flat chest?
billngMay 24, 2011 3:36 PM
May 24, 2011 3:27 PM
Nov 2010
You'd think there would be drastic consequences for sending a message that far back.

Can't wait until the next episode.
:)
May 24, 2011 3:29 PM

Oct 2010
wow, this show really knows how to keep me interested and looking forward to next week.
May 24, 2011 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
Hopefully they have killed the trap...
May 24, 2011 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
billng said:
otakuthon49 said:

Rukako is such a good trap... and not to mention Tu tu ruuu~

Traps = they always get you... 8D
anyways, I noticed she said Tu-tu-ruu~ a lot..
and not I have it stuck with me..

Blacksaber said:
Hopefully they have killed the trap...

nuuu why... D8 ..i-its nice to know that Kurisu thinks he's a female, when in reality... its a male xDD
but then again, after this episode, does it mean that Ruka-san isn't a trap anymore? ...
if not just a cute girl ? <3? //curious and wondering
May 24, 2011 3:40 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm, I wonder if Ruka became a girl or not, Mayushii did agree with the pervert thing and I think she knew Ruka was a male earlier?

Lots of time changes this time, I've really enjoyed them...:P
May 24, 2011 3:51 PM

Jan 2011
Tomislavr7 said:
Hmm, I wonder if Ruka became a girl or not, Mayushii did agree with the pervert thing and I think she knew Ruka was a male earlier?

Lots of time changes this time, I've really enjoyed them...:P

Mayushii knows/knew Ruka was/is a male, but the only way she could actually call Okarin a pervert was if Ruka was a female, or, if oddly enough Mayushii turned perverted, and thought Okarin was thinking weird things.. but the second option seems very... unrealistic xD;;
so lets stick with option A. that Ruka became a female
May 24, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
Ruka definetely became a girl :D
May 24, 2011 4:03 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
On another note, the VN's so full of awesome lines that 90% here won't ever hear.
You make me want to play the VN real bad *searches nyaa*

Oh, so the Ruka thing did happen.
As much as the time travel is fun but they should consider the consequences. They are talking it too lightly.
I wonder why Okarin retains his memories. My guess was 'due to his phone' but this episode killed it.
I love Daru's pervy-ness
Okarin is so darn awesome and on top of that, he is sexy. Little chin hair, white coat, the laugh~ kyaa <3
Love the ED.
May 24, 2011 4:04 PM
Dec 2007
I fear changing the past as far back as 17 years and a deeply as the gender of a person may have had FAR more complex implications. The plot is really getting intense and seriously great, I can't wait for the next ep.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 24, 2011 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
this is the most appropriate use of time travel technology in the history of fiction
May 24, 2011 4:13 PM

Jan 2011
Linalee-Stratos said:
Oosran said:
On another note, the VN's so full of awesome lines that 90% here won't ever hear.
You make me want to play the VN real bad *searches nyaa*

I might search it too, after I'm done with one I'm reading/playing at the moment..
8D

lets just hope curiosity doesn't kill the cat? :c?
May 24, 2011 4:35 PM

Feb 2010
Jacut said:
I fear changing the past as far back as 17 years and a deeply as the gender of a person may have had FAR more complex implications. The plot is really getting intense and seriously great, I can't wait for the next ep.

This. There's no way something that big could change so far back without some alteration occurring. I'm amazed they were all even in that room still.
May 24, 2011 5:08 PM
May 2010
Mayurii said it
---------- "Cute is justice"--------------------
i wonder how true it is
dragonair15May 24, 2011 5:14 PM
May 24, 2011 5:19 PM

Jun 2010
It could turn out that Ruka is a girl. He kinda just assumed that he's still a guy. Ruka could be flat chested for all we know. This show is getting better and better.

See how embarrassed she was. It's definitely a girl

May 24, 2011 5:38 PM

Oct 2010
lolwut?

Well nice episode, though this episode was basically Okarin traveling through worldlines, can't wait for the next episode

4/5
May 24, 2011 6:04 PM

Nov 2008
I don't care if Ruka became a girl. He/She is still a TRAP XDD "But... he's a guy"- Okarin

I'm pretty sure he actually became a girl particularly when Mayushi called him "Ruka-chan" instead of the usual "Ruka-kun"

UayosKai said:
Also I wonder what other thing(s) has significantly changed because 17 years of gender swap doesn't only change one person.
^I also have to quote this. Okarin felt something changed so I won't be surprised if its actually in a huge scale XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 24, 2011 6:39 PM
Nov 2010
akovaski said:
You'd think there would be drastic consequences for sending a message that far back.

this...
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
wow, this show really knows how to keep me interested and looking forward to next week.

...and this

shuncchi said:

personally i didn't like Okarin's name for his ability i would have prefer something like "Steins' eye" but who cares :/

5/5
May 24, 2011 6:43 PM
Nov 2009
It would be so bizarre if the vegetable thing really did make Ruka into a girl.
May 24, 2011 6:54 PM

Mar 2008
I just loved their reactions when ruka confessed to wanting to be a girl.

Kurisu: Eh?
Okarin: Huuh??
Daru, Kurisu,Okarin: Guuuuuuuuuhh..........
May 24, 2011 6:58 PM

May 2010
More D-Mail plox
May 24, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2008
winepisode
May 24, 2011 8:01 PM

Jun 2010
Pretty sure Ruka is a girl now. Although "chan" is mainly used for girls, it can be used to address boys too. The main clue, I think, is the way Ruka-chan covered her chest when Okarin stared at it, whereas before that when she was a guy he/she didn't mind Cel-17 "examining" him :3
Good ep.

Edit: I just remembered that when Ruka was a guy Okarin called him Rukako. -ko is a very common female name suffix. So they addressed him in a girly way even when he was a guy...
Alex_YagamiMay 24, 2011 8:10 PM
May 24, 2011 8:05 PM

Mar 2009
MEGATRON said:
this is the most appropriate use of time travel technology in the history of fiction

Haha, agreed.

Amazing episode, btw. This series keeps getting more and more interesting.
May 24, 2011 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode. I got very excited. First quotes I officially adopt from Okabe “Reading Steiner” I am more thinking of Third Eye reference somehow and “I am a mad scientist, I desire chaos and destruction” Because of how Okabe is in the following,

I officially want to be his partner and TBH am in love with him. As of this episode he is added to my hall of fame for males. Finally fell for him the way he was acting the mad scientist not only made me adopt his quotes of this episode but made me like him much more than before TBH.
The other thing is Feiris,

if only a flashback I still like her a lot. I know more from the VN so now I have more reasons to like her route even though I did not play the VN. Apart from that this series is literally Madoka meet your replacement! I am going to de-mind fuck this for you all! Here is my contribution in point format. Brace yourself, I got some nice and cool information for you all! Now on to the main points.
  • The magical blade Samidare can be a reference to the Japanese destroyer Samidare whom my proof is here. I am not sure why but though you might want to know.

• The Thinking Man statue shown here in the episode is reference to philosophy whom may be part of the studying disciplines of Time Travel in that it can be a philosophy itself. It is rather interesting short read here of what it references including struggling against a deep internal struggle.

• Which brings me to the following point did you all notice of the difference of the first pic being Okabe struggling for the first time during Moeka's time line change and the second pic being Okabe struggling much more during Ruka's time line change in the spoiler
    looks to me like because the shift is stronger thus Okabe has to suffer more. Is there any importance between first number of first time line shift and second one in the spoiler?
    I mean does it matter? Of course the DNA strand present during the first change keeps reinforcing more of Okabe having a DNA resistance to time changes.

• The myth of conceiving a girl through certain food eating is not BS! My proof is here! It indeed scientifically proven and I am very surprised myself at it.

The whole concept of Homeostasis explained here makes me rather confused and I ask someone put it in a simplified way. It's really a lot mumbo jumbo I cannot comprehend but what I do comprehend is that it has positive feedback and negative feedback of whom I am more worried about. Someone needs to figure this and what connection it can have to this series. It would be interesting to find out.

• It is interesting to note that the calendar points out to Saturn in the spoiler
    that in turn is a direct reference to the God of Saturn whom information can be found here. What note worthy is that this god was featured in 11eyes and controls time. Interesting enough as a occult reference to the Romans. :)

• Finally I offer the ultimate proof for confused people if Ruka is a girl and if the time paradox worked: It did! It freaking worked and OMG I have tears of happiness that only a mad scientist would have. Proof one, notice that Mayuri is reading a fashion magazine about girls fashion. She calls Ruka “Ruka-chan” and not “Ruka-kun” big give away there. Proof two, The way Ruka was blushing and hiding her chest is the final game over he is now a girl! No guy would do that not less he is not right in his mind in other words has a gender problem with himself. Hourou Musuko showed that rather well but Ruka as a guy did not have that problem just regret. Boom! I got it! I hope this may help some.

About Moeka's time line change, rather crazy serious look she had in the beginning. Guess she is serious all the way about the D-mail. Assuming the consequences the picture taking was nice but considering she never changed to that phone with the time change, it is therefore useless. I guess it's just her habit kicking in. The weirdest thing is because of the time shift Ruka who came before the experiment started with the water melon, comes in fact after the experiment. In fact she was quite surprised of the what can the D-mail do. Thus why she got determined. Pagers here? I had one long time ago. It was cool for code numbers and where to meet but no with cellphones it's useless.
Yumekichi11May 24, 2011 8:58 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 24, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2010
They keep messing with timelines it's eventually going to bite them.
May 24, 2011 8:45 PM

Sep 2008
otakuthon49 said:
Someone should compile all of them in a video when the series is done.
On the other hand, it would be cool if he did turn into a girl, just the thought of it is great, but the idea that Vegetables/meat affecting that is ehhhhhhhhhhh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
Heiru said:
anyway, I noticed she said Tu-tu-ruu~ a lot..
Being someone who says it every time it is said, I counted it 4 times this episode.
DenjaX said:
I don't care if Ruka became a girl. He/She is still a TRAP XDD "But... he's a guy"- Okarin
No and no. It's trap became into a female DFC. Still a trap yes until you find out it's delicious for a guy since it's a girl.
DenjaX said:
UayosKai said:
Also I wonder what other thing(s) has significantly changed because 17 years of gender swap doesn't only change one person.
^I also have to quote this. Okarin felt something changed so I won't be surprised if its actually in a huge scale XDD
The only thing that will change is the memories of everyone. I doubt they will remember Ruka as a male and will be like "Huh? Ruka male? Never was." Pretty sure due to how all were of not meeting Moeka as a lab member but only Okabe did. Fucked up time change because of that D-mail events totally changed all together and now I know who is John Titor, I know all reactions of that person. Not telling who.
HawthorneKitty said:
On the other hand, it would be cool if he did turn into a girl, just the thought of it is great, but the idea that Vegetables/meat affecting that is ehhhhhhhhhhh.
Nope not at all according to my scientific proof, it's quite realistic and not BS.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 24, 2011 9:26 PM

Aug 2009
Tuturuuu~! He's a girl.
Whenever the Reading Steiner (lol) was activated, I was going "Oh shit" in my mind.
Great episode.
May 24, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2010
Even Ruka turn into a girl.
Okaba will always think him/her as a boy :P "he's a guy"
This is getting deeper :X
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2011 9:54 PM

Nov 2008
This episode left me wonder why Moeka changed the history for her not to be a lab member. She doesn't know Okarin has the IBN computer anymore. I thought she was looking for it.

Yumekichi11 said:
DenjaX said:
No and no. It's trap became into a female DFC. Still a trap yes until you find out it's delicious for a guy since it's a girl.
^Looks like you already accepted it easily. I need more time to adjust to accept the changes. Ruka is still a dude in my eyes XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 24, 2011 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
I've no words to describe this episode with .. This series really gets better and better with every new episode. I must say that I'm really really really anxious to see the next episode after I always watch the newest episode of Steins;Gate. If this keeps up, this will deserve the spot of best anime of all time in my list.

May 24, 2011 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
Really great show so far. I cringed a bit when Kurisu "checked" Ruka out haha.

Okarin didn't realize things changed because Ruka still looked the same..but I just want to point out that near the end of the episode when Ruka and Miyuri were sitting on the couch, Mayuri uses the honoric "-chan" (girl) for Ruka instead of "-kun" (boy).

Jackpot?

May 24, 2011 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
i think ruka did become a girl
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.