Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2007 9:51 AM

Feb 2005
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Ah. The conclusion of a battle and the beauty of teamwork. Some naked skin, some hard skin, and some very...tentacle-ish...skin... Slashing, spiking, drilling and whipping.
And a very beautiful sunset.

Jul 25, 2007 11:38 AM

Oct 2006
Wow.. that surprised me. I didn't know it was possible to turn back after being in awakened form. But that's good since I like Jean.
Pretty cool battle too. Good thing Clare met Galatea, since seems she was able to learn something.
I liked how Jean decided to devote her life to Clare after she was saved. It would be great if they'd travel together from now on.
Something tells me I'm gonna love the next arc. I spotted 2 interesting Claymores, one of them using dual swords... Promising.... Can't wait.

I think it's time to restart the manga where I left it.
Jul 25, 2007 11:50 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Dual swords, very cool.

Was another very great episode, I enjoyed every minute of it. Basically Kay has already said everything. :D

Can't wait for more.

Screens:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 25, 2007 11:55 AM

Apr 2007
You gotta be kidding me? That's first thing that went through my mind after Clare managed to slice halfway through Riful's skull before she showed her true form. Although Riful didn't do much to showcase her abilities all the Claymores just seem so insignificant in comparison to what she did show. Like Jeane noted, something that gigantic managed to just disappear in an instant.

Riful may be strong but considering her fear of the army up north and seeing just a glimpse of what is up there, things look bleak. The organization better have some serious trump cards packed away somewhere. I'm just wondering where Clare will end up fitting into all of this. She's getting stronger but still is nowhere near being able to take on the dwellers or their henchmen.

And as for Galatea, she rocks. It looked like they were going to come to blows in the end there but she let Clare go. The next time they meet should be interesting.

Edit cause I forgot to add...
It was interesting how Clare was able to get Jeane back from awakening when she was able to notice Jeane still had her human consciouness even in an awakened body. Makes me wonder if it can be possible to go with 100% awakened powers and still retain their humanity. All the Claymores are deathly afraid of going over their limits but having access to the powers it offers without losing their minds would be a very nice bonus.
tainteddonutJul 25, 2007 12:20 PM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 25, 2007 3:42 PM

Jan 2007
That was pretty freakin' awesome.
Jul 25, 2007 4:03 PM

May 2007
It is interesting that Clare is learning to use various techniques from other Claymores. Like in this episode when she used Galatea's technique to help turn Jeane back.
Jul 25, 2007 8:32 PM

Jun 2007
Yeah, Clare seems to be like Mega Man now, before Jeane woke up again I half-expected Clare to try and twist her arm up after she saw Jeane do it. Oh man, Riful is kind of hard to hate. Shes evil but her goal isn't too evil, shes only defending herself and trying to build an army to do so. Dauf is a moron, I was rooting for his death and I was convinced Riful would just let him die because he was weak and stupid enough to be defeated. The fact that she saved her boyfriend, kept her promise, and left without harming or threatening but instead offered a place in her army after all that happened; made me like her. Galatea is still awesome as well. Shes so knowledgeable like Miria, too bad she doesn't ally herself with Clare like Jeane did.

Jul 25, 2007 9:24 PM

Apr 2007
Zamitsu said:
MAN THIS SHOW IS SO INTENSE! Seriously though, I'm on the edge of my seat the whole way through, heart racing and what not. GOD I hate having to wait a week for new episodes >_<!

My thoughts exactly after every episode.
This episode once again did not disappoint and it was nice to see the conclusion to the fight, and I hope we see more of Jeane as she seemed like a pretty cool character (Plus "special" move looks pretty handy :P ) . Can't wait till next week!
Jul 25, 2007 9:46 PM

Nov 2006
MistaNight said:
Zamitsu said:
MAN THIS SHOW IS SO INTENSE! Seriously though, I'm on the edge of my seat the whole way through, heart racing and what not. GOD I hate having to wait a week for new episodes >_<!

My thoughts exactly after every episode.
This episode once again did not disappoint and it was nice to see the conclusion to the fight, and I hope we see more of Jeane as she seemed like a pretty cool character (Plus "special" move looks pretty handy :P ) . Can't wait till next week!

that move was freaking awesome, ill have to agreed it keeps you on edge, cant wait to see this guy from the north

Jul 25, 2007 11:32 PM

Apr 2007
its nice to know Clare isn't doing this alone anymore, looks like next arc is an all out war with the yoma of the north =X
Jul 26, 2007 1:51 AM

Jul 2007
i'm scared to shit by that last scene of the yomas and awakeneds in Alphonse.. =( THEY LOOK VERY STRONG AND UGLY

it'd be totally sweet if all the three Claymores (pardon my memory, i cannot recall names) who attacked Teresa were still alive and trained Clare and donated body parts. the current number 1 or something who went after Irene sorta looked like the crazy strong one, only the name was different. i almost crapped my pants at the potential of my theory almost realizing. *sigh* oh well..

can't wait for next episode!
Jul 26, 2007 3:36 AM

May 2007
This series just gets better.

I really like Jeane. She's a lot more prettier than I remembered. Also, I didn't see any nasty scars on her body. Does awakening or half-awakening remove those scars? I've noticed that when a Claymore [half]-awakens and reverts that there injuries are fully healed. Wonder if it's the same for scars.

This next arc is going to be great. A bunch of Claymores and a bunch of Awakened Beings. All out war in the freaking snow. They'll be plenty of red mixed with white in the next few episodes.
Jul 26, 2007 2:44 PM

Jan 2007
Legion17 said:
Dauf is a moron, I was rooting for his death and I was convinced Riful would just let him die because he was weak and stupid enough to be defeated. The fact that she saved her boyfriend, kept her promise, and left without harming or threatening but instead offered a place in her army after all that happened; made me like her.

I absolutely agree, she's not your standard evil character. There are levels to her that make her really interesting, and I'm a little sad to see her go (even if it's only for now, I assume). Plus she's so damn creepy. O.o

I like Duff/Dauf, though - it's hilarious that such a big, tough being is such a cry-baby.
Jul 27, 2007 11:52 PM

Jul 2007
hounddog said:
Legion17 said:
Dauf is a moron, I was rooting for his death and I was convinced Riful would just let him die because he was weak and stupid enough to be defeated. The fact that she saved her boyfriend, kept her promise, and left without harming or threatening but instead offered a place in her army after all that happened; made me like her.

I absolutely agree, she's not your standard evil character. There are levels to her that make her really interesting, and I'm a little sad to see her go (even if it's only for now, I assume). Plus she's so damn creepy. O.o

I like Duff/Dauf, though - it's hilarious that such a big, tough being is such a cry-baby.

I think it's kind of (dare I say) sad that Riful has to be with big dork...I mean Duff, because nobody else can withstand her powers (I think in real life that would mean be tolerant toward her). She just can't let him go. But she's a "honorable" opponent that keeps her word. That's good.
My goal is ikkitousan in anime watching - to watch and finish at least one thousand titles in my life time.
-- 千人斬
http://animediet.net/
Jul 28, 2007 12:09 AM

Jul 2007
ok better than naruto
Jul 28, 2007 12:24 AM

May 2007
kallen said:
ok better than naruto

Absolutely o/
Jul 28, 2007 5:13 AM

Feb 2005
kallen said:
ok better than naruto

Yes. We already knew that XD
Jul 28, 2007 10:32 AM
Jul 28, 2007 10:52 AM

Mar 2007
kallen said:
ok better than naruto

Anything is better than Naruto.
Claymore and Naruto isn't even comparable, Claymore is on a different level. Too high for Naruto.
Jul 28, 2007 11:45 AM
Jun 2007
Another great episode. I was looking for more from Galatea but she was injured holding Dauf off. With that said, Jeane's move was a WOW moment. Clare was awesome as well.

mild_even said:
This series just gets better.

This next arc is going to be great. A bunch of Claymores and a bunch of Awakened Beings. All out war in the freaking snow. They'll be plenty of red mixed with white in the next few episodes.

"All out war". *drools*

I'm really looking forward to this next arc. Like you said, the series just gets better.
Just imagining the scale of the battle between multiple awakened beings against the
claymores makes me shiver.

Jul 28, 2007 4:49 PM
May 2007
CLARE JUST CONTROLLED THE UNCONTROLLABLE!
SHE MASTERED CHAOS!

SHE CONTROLLED THE FLASH SWORD!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!!

That means "FLASH SWORD IRENE" WAS WRONG!

She said in the Teresa arc that although that her in the old top 5 were individually better then teresa in their own skills but teresa was so well balanced in all of them that she won!

Clare has proven this INCORRECT!

For by using a THROW BACK VERSION THAT COULD NEVER COMPARE TO THE FULL VERSION of Teresa's yoka reading strat she CONTROLLER the uncontrollable flash sword and took it to a level that IRENE could never do!

And if Clare could do such a thing, that means TERESA could do such a thing!

TERESA WAS STRONGER THAN ALL THE CLAYMORE IN ALL OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL SKILLS IN TALENTS!

I am more convinced than anything from this episode that never the awakened #1's themselves are not stronger than teresa. Teresa would OWN them all.

Furthermore clare used the other chicks strat by restricting yoka. Which means i have to assume that by reading yoka and having vision like that you can still yoka based strats. Which means teresa could od the same at a high level and had all the strat.

Teresa = OWNAGE

I'm loving watching Clare evolve to a kn3wb ot this hax0r l33t monstrosity of OWNAGE! Soon she will prove that she is worothy of the flesh in blood of Teresa!
JustOwninJul 28, 2007 4:55 PM
"Genius is not thinking outside the box. It's realizing that their is no box and no end to human potential. More importantly, genius is OWNAGE!" - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter - OWNed verse.
Jul 29, 2007 2:09 AM

Nov 2004
please stop capsing so much, and irene's flash sword is more powerful even though it's not as controlled as clare's
Jul 29, 2007 3:22 AM

Oct 2006
Sobzob said:
Anything is better than Naruto.
Claymore and Naruto isn't even comparable, Claymore is on a different level. Too high for Naruto.
Truth^
Aug 1, 2007 9:08 AM
May 2007
Aokaado said:
please stop capsing so much, and irene's flash sword is more powerful even though it's not as controlled as clare's

Doesn't matter if Irene's is "stronger." Clare evolved the technique to a level that Irene never could.

Which means that it was TRUE that teresa WAS better than Irene in her own damn technique.

Teresa = BROKEN
"Genius is not thinking outside the box. It's realizing that their is no box and no end to human potential. More importantly, genius is OWNAGE!" - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter - OWNed verse.
Aug 1, 2007 9:24 AM
Jul 2007
hmm seems like 18 from Eclipse is delayed :< I want to watch 18 so bad after watching 17 :P
Aug 4, 2007 7:56 PM

Apr 2007
amazing ep!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 19, 2007 4:07 AM

Feb 2007
Why i didn't start watching this show earlier, i have no damn clue. Watched the whole "Witch Maw" arc today. This show beats Naruto in every aspect.
Sep 19, 2007 4:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
BlueYoshi said:
This show beats Naruto in every aspect.

Lol, no offense but that's no hard task. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 19, 2007 4:51 AM

Feb 2007
None taken...wait! I don't like Naruto that much. Your typing that post thinking i love Naruto or something. xD

I feel like giving this show a 10 at the moment. Hmm...What's with Yoshi's 10 scores lately? I'm usually strict giving out 9 or higher.
Sep 19, 2007 5:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, nah I didn't think that. Don't worry about those 10's, this season has a lot of great shows and Claymore is definitely one that deserves a 10 in my opinoin. Enjoy the next episodes. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 19, 2007 10:55 AM
Feb 2005
Aokaado said:
kallen said:
ok better than naruto
not even close

overall I'd agree that Naruto wasn't near as good as this, but if you only count the GOOD episodes of Naruto (mostly the Chunnin exam), then I'd say Naruto was better.
Aug 18, 2008 6:55 AM

Jun 2008
Finally, the War in the North arc starts. I loved that in the manga.
Aug 30, 2008 5:36 PM
Aug 2008
I loved this episode!
Team work has never kicked so much ass!
And I was so surprised to see that a Cleymore CAN turn back after being awakened.
Oct 5, 2008 8:24 AM

Aug 2008
HUGE SURPRISE! The beginning of this ep I was yelling at Clare to chop her head off! "Do it! Do it NOW!" Had no hope that they could come back from so far. Clare is really coming into her own, proving herself to be versatile (like someone said, like Mega Man) and a leader.

At this rate though, the organization is going to run out of Claymores, they're dropping like flies and now they're going to war against a bunch of Awakened Ones?

Pink snow, lots of pink snow.
Mar 17, 2009 9:32 PM

Mar 2009
Jeane's kill move is NICE!!! When she took off Dauf's fingers, I was like she'll definitely be the one to kill him...I can't believe he survived. It just shows how powerful the awakened beings really are, and that if he's that strong, and Riful's that strong, and they were worried about Precilla and the Silver King. So, Clare better toughen up real quick, cause she's got some serious battles coming up. But, I guess now she's shown they can pretty much awaken and still come back, as long as they have another Claymore there to aid them in surpressing their yoki, so it should get even better from here on out. Urahara Out!!
Aug 8, 2009 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
jeans special attack, that must hurt a lot to use twisting the arm like that to make a drill: when she hit duff it was "who the hell do you think i am!" lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 11, 2009 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
This anime is getting worse every episode. I'm not excited as i was in the beginning, but still... a great anime!!!
Sep 25, 2009 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
Really good episode.

So dwellers of the deep are the most powerful, then comes the awakened beings, then claymores, then yomas, then humans? I believe that is in order, no?

And that really is gay, that if you go against their organization you have to die. I like what the organization's for, but I don't think they should have to slay every claymore that goes against the rules.
UserDeletedOct 2, 2009 6:57 PM
Nov 21, 2009 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
It's interesting that I'm so used to characters dying that I am surprised that no one died in this battle. I love how unpredictable this show is. This is the first shounen I've liked in awhile.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 31, 2009 10:48 AM
Feb 2009
ITC: A fully awakened warrior is brought back, such warrior shows us how to turn a sword into a motherfucking drill, Clare is becoming a motherfucking encyclopedia of tricks and techniques, that asshole Dauf is fucking killed, Riful is inside the biggest motherfucking bunch of tentacles evar, and the war against the Abyssals of the North is getting prepared.

The best way to close an arc. ^^

kallen said:
ok better than naruto
You just learned the fundamental truth: that everything is better than Naruto. :3
Mar 26, 2010 9:50 PM
Mar 2010
epic!!!
Apr 7, 2010 11:51 PM

Feb 2010
Excellent team battle! Looking forward to seeing the battle w/ the Silver King and Priscilla.
May 4, 2010 9:17 AM

Dec 2009
yay for Jeanne XD!
May 21, 2010 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing!
Sep 7, 2010 5:07 AM

Jul 2010
Awesome action.
Oct 1, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
Whoa that's epic. 9/10 so far.
Oct 11, 2010 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
Riful is pretty badass.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 13, 2010 4:57 PM

Dec 2008
Clare is so kick ass!! Why is she #47?
Dec 12, 2010 7:53 PM

Jun 2009
Long range flash sword

Riful
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 17, 2011 10:50 AM

Dec 2010
Too bad Riful got away with Duff, I was hoping he would die
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.