Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2011 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's great to finally meet the main plot
waiting and see
May 17, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
Oh I think I forgot something.
Oh Okarin, just had to check in on Braun before doing anything, huh?
And Moeka, why so moe? she sure sends a whole damn lot of mails. And it's funneh how like, 70% of her mails are practically filled to the brim with nothing but small talk. More or less everything she otherwise would say. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ I mean, like, most of those mails sent during their "meeting" was just to ask what the heck he was talking about, after all.
Oh Dal, stop teasing Makise already. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
And there we go with yet another time slip, and Okarin's starting to realize what actually happened. <Good>.

On another note, Okarin's phone's got too many functions D:
OosranMay 17, 2011 12:21 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 17, 2011 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
This one had me glued to the screen. Next week is so far away...
May 17, 2011 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
Can someone refresh my memory?

How does Suzuha know of John Titor? Are we in a world that he is known again, or has she known of him even after the first change?
May 17, 2011 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
I'm out of words. GOD DAMN MARVELOUS!
May 17, 2011 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
oh god thats too awesome, especially the last message....
May 17, 2011 12:48 PM

May 2009
zimno said:
It's great to finally meet the main plot
waiting and see

Yeah, I totally agree with You.
(4/5)
May 17, 2011 12:49 PM

Apr 2010
nice, cant wait!!! looks like next week will be serious! :D
May 17, 2011 12:53 PM
Mar 2008
Fantastic episode, it's getting more and more interesting.
May 17, 2011 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
LadyOrihime said:

How does Suzuha know of John Titor? Are we in a world that he is known again, or has she known of him even after the first change?

The emblem she is holding. Look it up.

Everything in this show is based on the things that happened in the real world. That emblem is there too.

---------------

Anyway this pretty much confirms parallel timelines AND denies the possibility of initiator retaining memories, since technically that Okabe has been left in the parallel universe in which he sent the message. Now why the hell this Okabe and every other Okabe we have seen have memories of those shifts?

Also - YAY for butterfly effect phenomenon being displayed.

A butterfly flaps his wings on the one side of the world, a hurricane happens on the other. The main principle and danger with time travel - SMALLEST details changed can lead to very very different things, starting chain reactions no one could understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Effect
This is exactly what we saw with Dr.Pepper bottle and why okabe's message made it happen.
May 17, 2011 1:14 PM

Feb 2009
LadyOrihime said:

The change "moved" him from 2000 to 2010, before the change he posted in 2000 before disappearing, after the change and in the current world he first appeared in 2010, and he is currently posting.
May 17, 2011 1:57 PM

Oct 2010
My god I think I just had an orgasm, this was FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Godspeed Okarin
May 17, 2011 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
And after last week's "Best episode so far" we get the new "Best episode so far". Yes, it's only getting better and better as the plot really starts to pick up. I wonder why Okarin didn't explain to the others exactly what has happened but then again it must be quite a big shock.

Also, the landlord's daughter Nae also doing the "tuu-tuu-ruu" greeting was cute in a very simple way. Impressionable children and all that.
Ara ara.
May 17, 2011 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
We really don't need Okabe to have any more issues with self-importance. Why did John Titor have to go tell him to be the Messiah...? -__-

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
May 17, 2011 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
Damn after watching this episode, I immediately rewatched the first episode. A lot of things are clear to me now...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 17, 2011 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
Supergrunt8 said:
My god I think I just had an orgasm, this was FUCKING INCREDIBLE

haha, repeat ^
looking forward to next week, i might re-watch the first episode so it makes more sense to.
May 17, 2011 2:53 PM
Nov 2010
Wow, it just keeps on getting better and more awesome.
:)
May 17, 2011 3:30 PM

Jul 2010
omg shit just got real. What a great episode.

Though I still hope there's still some time for fooling around instead of being all serious from now on.
May 17, 2011 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
Shit this show just gets better and better -look at the poll for this ep 94% loved it haha. ZOMG I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK I have a constitutional law exam tomorrow but this ep served as a brilliant break
May 17, 2011 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
This show just keeps getting better and better! But why Okarin being the messiah?

May 17, 2011 3:57 PM
Apr 2011
One word.. wow!
This episode was just amazing. Gonna rewatch episode 1, it will probably make more sense :)
Can't wait for next weeks episode!
May 17, 2011 4:05 PM

Sep 2009
otakuthon49 said:
But why Okarin being the messiah?
Because John Titor=Ruka.

Okarin should pay a little attention to Suzuha already!....oh and I want him to give me a nick name too ;3
A little cute moment between Mayuri and Okarin [oh the smile <3] was nice.
Maybe Okarin being in possession of the phone, during time travel, has something to do with his memories.
ValentilnMay 18, 2011 7:55 AM
May 17, 2011 4:07 PM

Feb 2010
"May you continue to be the messiah." [Juize, Higashi no Eden]
That line totally popped into mind after the last mail from John Titor!
Man, this anime gets better and better and better...
It's all kinds of awesome!
May 17, 2011 4:34 PM
Nov 2010
DoctorDoom said:
And after last week's "Best episode so far" we get the new "Best episode so far". Yes, it's only getting better and better as the plot really starts to pick up.

I need to say nothing else...:)
May 17, 2011 4:36 PM
Sep 2009
Acquiesc3 said:
shit just got real.

Couldn't have put it better myself~

~~

Though, I agree. I hope that since we still have 17 more episodes that not every waking moment will be maximum seriousness. It's those little touches of human nonsense and silliness that makes this show so charming for me~ =u=
May 17, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2009
Love it. I wonder if he is just going to keep most of that information to himself.
May 17, 2011 5:21 PM

Sep 2008
DenjaX said:
Damn after watching this episode, I immediately rewatched the first episode. A lot of things are clear to me now...

Just did the same; and isn't that girl on the rooftop, near a satellite(?), Suzuha? When he thinks it's an earthquake or something, there's a satellite landed on the rooftop and someone simillar to Suzuha.
May 17, 2011 5:50 PM

Dec 2010
Wow this is having me wonder so much about Suzuha's past...or should I say future? I say future because it seems she came from when the world became a dystopia.

Okarin being a messiah? Damn. What I don't get is how he jumped to another world line in this episode, but the jelly banana didn't. I don't even know if the two experiments were related and did the same thing.

Anyways, as funny as it sounds - it seems this whole idea of World Lines is much like the same way Visual Novels work; choose different paths and see where it takes you. The reason Okarin might be able to remember is because he is the one that initiates/chooses these paths through his cellphone. Maybe the cellphone itself is the reason he is able to retain the memories?

Really good episode. Can't wait to see the next episode.

May 17, 2011 5:51 PM

May 2010
Yes, finally some time manipulation!
May 17, 2011 6:12 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit! He just went back in time! Holy crap! and A dr.pepper randomly appeared. Dr.pepper btw is delicious. Also looks like Suzuha's on to something.
May 17, 2011 6:15 PM

Jun 2010
That time machine is so crazy. If he wanted to, he could become crazy rich, but people might be suspicious of him. Okarin has unimaginable power right now. I think this "John Titor" fellow might be using him, but then again Okarin still wants to find out why he kept his memories.

I think it was because he was holding the phone that sent the text to the past that allowed him to remember the different world. Maybe anything that is touching the phone that sends things to the past, is also sent along with it. Okarin was the only one holding the phone during the experiment and he was the only one who remembered anything.

May 17, 2011 6:17 PM

Nov 2008
darque said:
DenjaX said:
Just did the same; and isn't that girl on the rooftop, near a satellite(?), Suzuha? When he thinks it's an earthquake or something, there's a satellite landed on the rooftop and someone simillar to Suzuha.
^Yes. That's definitely Suzuha though I think it wasn't a satellite beside her... It seems to me like a giant capsule, I think that's a time travelling device.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 17, 2011 6:24 PM
Jun 2009
Acid Trip 101 dont watch steins:gate under the influence of mind altering drugs it will fuck you up JK well anyway this episode was pretty good nice to seem them finally try to alter the time contenium with the phone microwave but the part time worker from the store downstairs seems to have her own issues
May 17, 2011 6:28 PM

Sep 2008
DenjaX said:
darque said:
DenjaX said:
^Yes. That's definitely Suzuha though I think it wasn't a satellite beside her... It seems to me like a giant capsule, I think that's a time travelling device.

Yeah, that's the reason for (?) after satellite :P
I think she came from future, using that. Somewhere when she met Makise already, and that's why she pretends to be from countryside, and not know what's "popular" that region(days, actually).
May 17, 2011 6:57 PM

Nov 2008
darque said:
DenjaX said:
darque said:
DenjaX said:
Yeah, that's the reason for (?) after satellite :P
I think she came from future, using that. Somewhere when she met Makise already, and that's why she pretends to be from countryside, and not know what's "popular" that region(days, actually).
^Yes yes :D Suzuha didn't know the current culture since she was probably from a so-called "dystopia" in the future as what John Titor said. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Suzuha will try to kill Kurisu in the future eps. XDD

May 17, 2011 8:15 PM
Feb 2011
A rukako is fine too.

And yes, I'm a guy. q.q
May 17, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2010
Aww yeah. This was awesome.
May 17, 2011 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
OK I am totally impressed and confused at the same time. There are so many theories and ideas passing through my mind right now that I need all the VN and people who time/space manipulations fanatics to help me answer some things. This episode gave me goosebumps for the time travel, comedy and excitement of the whole experiment as well as the time to freaking all theory stuff.

• About the experiment and time travel. That got me goosebumps and excitement because ti works! From the looks of this number I divided its first 3 numbers by 60 and it gave me the following 9.51 in minutes. So is it possible that Okabe went back in the past 9.5 minutes and retains the memory of what happened during that time while the others looked like their memories have been altered because of the time line change that alters the setup of what has happened in the past during that time frame?

• Based on the following part whom shows Okabe like he is being DE-moleculized but strangely the following spoiler
    illustrates that his DNA is resisting the process that the time line is forcing upon him of erasing his memories. Could it be * as Yumekichi11 gets shivers * Okabe has a DNA structure resistant to time paradox effects and the butterfly effect upon him?

• Based on the following spoiler
    the altered dimension looks to me like he went through a wormhole and is at the end of it because the representation of that scene has 2 elements of importance IMO the clock of time manipulations references and of the cubes, which refers IMO to space manipulations. Based on his expression Okabe is not handling it very well at all and looks really shocked. Am I right in something?

• This part really freaked me out. As Ruka starts running going all nuts that Okabe saw her one week ago to give her the suggestion of buying the ticket and the whole Dr-Pepper being there while moments ago the store had none in the spoiler
    I ask myself how the heck did Okabe think himself in the past that his future self or that message was worthy to consider when he himself is gullible over these things until John Titor himself told him more of this. Also the Dr. Pepper proves that altering the time line made something happen that perhaps not enough people bought it so some were left or deliver of it came as it should. In other words a multi event change that lead of it being more at that store. Finally of all this the fact that Okabe remembered the flashbacks in the spoiler
    just proves that he may not be crazy himself just astonished of the potential. I am starting to believe because of this series that premonition dreams may stem from the future particles that some aliens leave as a result of their time manipulations and we absorb them while we dream.

• Finally this whole thing of time line manipulation explanation is crazy! I am so confused of why it is so and does it happen. What are the rules of time travel exactly because so far I know that meeting yourself may erase you and the whole time paradox/butterfly effects stuff.

About Suzuha, it struck me as a revelation occurred to me of her this episode. Based on her expression when Okabe tells her that he might be brainwashed and the fact that as she checked him in the spoiler
mentioning about chips, it makes me wonder if she was someone who was to get a military implant like that and escaped from their lab. It's pretty obvious that she got paranoid there. So so far I know she scared of the army and now this proves she afraid of brainwashing and chip implants. BTW I am against that in humans IRL to track them down and crap like that. More later but this the main stuff I want answered and discuss. Oh and TUTURUUUUUU! Always say it when Mayuri says it and no I listen to this alone. :P
Yumekichi11May 17, 2011 8:38 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 17, 2011 8:39 PM
Mar 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:

.__. You shouldn't spoil people without warnings like that
May 17, 2011 8:41 PM

Apr 2008
I agree with you about Okabe being resistant to the effects of wormholes or at least when he passed through the wormhole created by his time machine, his memories were somehow unaltered whether it was because of his DNA or because of his phone.

I'd say since he's a conspiracy nut he'd believe any message he recieved from a future incarnation of himself so I don't have any doubts about that.

Suzuha is clearly an agent sent back in time to protect Okabe this became obvious to me a long time ago her sudden appearance and interest in what he was doing, the way she acted like she had never seen fireworks and also in today's episode the way she checked his eyes for implants lol

I predict okabe got lucky this time because the wrong numbers were selected for the lottery ticket, if he makes things change too much there's a chance that CERN will catch on to him and clearly this isn't going to be his last experiment.

He can't keep hiding it from the group because they will get curious as to why he has suddenly decided "never to use the time machine again" - so i don't see that happening, at least he's definitely going to tell Makise

If the above spoiler is true it explains why the wrong numbers were selected*
May 17, 2011 8:54 PM

Oct 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
otakuthon49 said:
But why Okarin being the messiah?
Because John Titor=Ruka.
Is it really Ruka? OK! Who the heck is really John Titor?
apatch3 said:
I agree with you about Okabe being resistant to the effects of wormholes or at least when he passed through the wormhole created by his time machine, his memories were somehow unaltered whether it was because of his DNA or because of his phone.
Yeah exactly as I though, so I am not the only who is crazy of that. The spoiler clearly shows DNA strand being present as the around area's time/space tries to alter Okabe.
apatch3 said:
I'd say since he's a conspiracy nut he'd believe any message he recieved from a future incarnation of himself so I don't have any doubts about that.
I see so that's why but strangely he is really hesitant as John sends him more messages he is going really freaky.
apatch3 said:
Suzuha is clearly an agent sent back in time to protect Okabe this became obvious to me a long time ago her sudden appearance and interest in what he was doing, the way she acted like she had never seen fireworks and also in today's episode the way she checked his eyes for implants lol
So she is? Really? This is insane! From the year 2036 as of what John said but what I don't get is why no one though it would be impossible to alter anything by sending e-mails. I guess CERN was not smart enough to figure that out but they might from Okabe thus why Suzuha would protect him. She also suspects Makise so I wonder if she knows that Makise might be responsible in aiding CERN to get him. The whole implant stuff is strange because it just shows that she knows about them but how can she assume they are the same of her time? I mean the implants are certainly not as advance as in 2036 they are.
apatch3 said:
I predict okabe got lucky this time because the wrong numbers were selected for the lottery ticket, if he makes things change too much there's a chance that CERN will catch on to him and clearly this isn't going to be his last experiment.

What? I though only 1 number was wrong? Oh so you lose in that lottery if one number is wrong only? It looks to me more of a on purpose mistake if the Ruka stuff of Linalee-Stratos is true.
apatch3 said:
He can't keep hiding it from the group because they will get curious as to why he has suddenly decided "never to use the time machine again" - so i don't see that happening, at least he's definitely going to tell Makise
No he can't hide it at all but I wonder what happens as the others will send out messages to test it themselves.
apatch3 said:
If the above spoiler is true it explains why the wrong numbers were selected*
Indeed that would and it be more of a test to see of Okabe's worthiness to John.

May 17, 2011 10:21 PM

Apr 2008
Well when John sent him messages he was freaked out because John was from the future, not because he didn't believe in time travel (evidently he does believe in time travel now) - just the thought of talking to someone from the future freaked him out imo.

I think the reason Suzuha suspects Makise is because the real Makise was supposed to have died in the first episode - most likely we'll se how Okabe sends a message to the past that somehow saves Makise Kurisu from death (even though right now he doesnt really know what happened that day). In the beginning I also suspected Makise of being some sort of spy for CERN the way she would constantly deny the possibility of time travel as if she was trying to hide it- but my suspicions about her have died down now.

Yeh 1 number was wrong - but he had calculated enough to get him 3rd place - so i figure changing 1 number meant 3rd place went to somebody else

And yeh .. who knows what will happen when the others test it, if they test it at all. I hope the spoiler mentioned earlier isn't earlier I always pictured John Titor as some sort of cool space marine not a pansy!
May 17, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
apatch3 said:
Well when John sent him messages he was freaked out because John was from the future, not because he didn't believe in time travel (evidently he does believe in time travel now) - just the thought of talking to someone from the future freaked him out imo.
I see so that's why and in the beginning he makes allusion he believes in time travel while he does not really but is more fascinated about it perhaps?
apatch3 said:
I think the reason Suzuha suspects Makise is because the real Makise was supposed to have died in the first episode - most likely we'll se how Okabe sends a message to the past that somehow saves Makise Kurisu from death (even though right now he doesnt really know what happened that day). In the beginning I also suspected Makise of being some sort of spy for CERN the way she would constantly deny the possibility of time travel as if she was trying to hide it- but my suspicions about her have died down now.
Of course Suzuha would have no idea over the D-mail because not even John knew of something like that being possible. So perhaps Suzuha thinks Makise is some sort of clone made? I wonder about all this suspicion of Suzuha. She knows something that Makise does in the future that she does not know but it is yet to be revealed. I want to know so much of that.
apatch3 said:
Yeh 1 number was wrong - but he had calculated enough to get him 3rd place - so i figure changing 1 number meant 3rd place went to somebody else
Indeed it did.
apatch3 said:
And yeh .. who knows what will happen when the others test it, if they test it at all. I hope the spoiler mentioned earlier isn't earlier I always pictured John Titor as some sort of cool space marine not a pansy!
From the looks of the series length there may be space to show what happens to everyone that tests the machine but I fear that not everyone's past and circumstances may be revealed as good as the VN does perhaps. In any case this episode might be worth taking a second looks at.

May 17, 2011 11:15 PM

Oct 2010
Best ep so far
May 17, 2011 11:37 PM

May 2010
Best episode so far,plot-wise speaking.
LAST LINE = MINDBLOWN!!
May 17, 2011 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, that was something else really.
Another time slip and now it kind of makes sense. Though why he is unaffected remains a mystery. Must be the phone.
Though where will this go with John Titor going on to make Okarin the 'messiah', who knows.
And I think CSERN will make their move soon. They're bound to notice this time slip.

Dat Moeka and Mayushii.
And dat Rurako.
And dat loli.
Lastly, tsundere Cel-7 is tsundere.
May 17, 2011 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
Hmmm

but how does telling daru that makise was going to be killed changed the world that much?

i dont think i understand john titor teory about changing the past , i just think he junped in time?

and why didnt the others d-mail caused an effect in the world? even if they were stupid things , telling that to daru changed a lot.

or maybe it wasnt the same thing in EP 1.
May 17, 2011 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
man Okarin looked spooked after creating a divergent time line but retaining his memory. I think I would be too though. Just who is John Titor though, he must have a connection to SERN? Suzuha intrigues me .... still think she's from the future and is really here to help against SERN.

best part was all the random texts he kept getting while waiting for Titor to respond. DU DU DU. lol @ picking the lottery and somehow it getting fucked up.

this shit is great though.

wow @ the poll 46 LOVES and 1 LIKE and nothing below. epic.
May 18, 2011 12:05 AM
May 2011
I'm just hypothesizing, I think Suzuha knows of John Titor because of John Titor because he exists in the new time-line that Okabe time-traveled to. I still don't understand why he retains his memory through the jump. And if the timeline is changed, couldn't people's phone numbers change too? That would be awkward :P
May 18, 2011 12:10 AM

Jul 2007
Vanisher said:
Hmmm

but how does telling daru that makise was going to be killed changed the world that much?

i dont think i understand john titor teory about changing the past , i just think he junped in time?
and why didnt the others d-mail caused an effect in the world? even if they were stupid things , telling that to daru changed a lot.
or maybe it wasnt the same thing in EP 1.

The messages he sent before were sent to his own cellphone and were pretty much meaningless.

AS for why so much changed. For same reason on why this time that message, seemingly unrelated, changed the ideas they would have been discussing and made the shop Makise went to have Dr.Pepper:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Effect

As for world shifting:
You can't "jump" through time like that. For all intents and purposes Okabe who sent the message is still in that parallel universe, its just that the "main" pov universe was switched because of that. We have already seen dozens of Okabe Rintaros and dozens of parallel timelines and in all of them, Okabe remembers the shifts, which leads me to believe that his consciousness is somehow sent through shift the similar way as messages are.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.