Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched it raw so I'm not sure what the backstory was, but I liked it for an intro episode. Tenma seems likable at least. Aki still seems to be around though... lol.

Death Sword is our first hisastu for this series.
emeth_asherMay 4, 2011 1:49 PM
May 4, 2011 3:56 PM
Apr 2011
Fuck, so Endou married Aki. That sucks ass since she's the lamest and most plain out of all the girls in the original cast.

I wouldn't have minded as much if Aki had at least become hot and/or cute over the years, but she's still as plain looking as ever.

Tenma is similar to Endou in personality but much much lamer. Endou was a badass from start to finish, and the contrast there really takes away from Tenma's character. Tenma needs a lot of development to become as awesome and likeable as Endou.

Honestly, the only thing I'm looking forward to now in GO! is seeing Endou grown-up and even more badass than before.
May 4, 2011 4:52 PM

Jan 2010
A-Knight said:
Fuck, so Endou married Aki. That sucks ass since she's the lamest and most plain out of all the girls in the original cast.

I'm not so sure if that's the case, considering in the OP when she raised her hand there was no wedding ring. That's just a minor detail, but still. I really thought it would be Fuyuka.

About the episode, I really liked it. Tenma is no where as awesome as Endou, but he has potential to be. I mean you can just tell everything is gonna get badass as hell like the orignal series eventually. Saddened and wary that Endou wasn't in the opening, though...hope he won't show up halfway through the first season or something.

Also, is Haruna smokin' hot now or what?
May 4, 2011 5:14 PM
Apr 2011
raimiala said:
A-Knight said:

I'm not so sure if that's the case, considering in the OP when she raised her hand there was no wedding ring. That's just a minor detail, but still. I really thought it would be Fuyuka.

About the episode, I really liked it. Tenma is no where as awesome as Endou, but he has potential to be. I mean you can just tell everything is gonna get badass as hell like the orignal series eventually. Saddened and wary that Endou wasn't in the opening, though...hope he won't show up halfway through the first season or something.

Also, is Haruna smokin' hot now or what?

Haruna is indeed sexy as hell. All I can say is that I can't wait for the hentai doujin that will inevitably come out.

Tenma is an example of a "lame good guy," which is the shounen main character archetype most common in modern anime/manga. Endou, on the other hand, is an example of the Goku archetype (i.e. good-natured but badass and composed at the same time). Ideally speaking, "lame good guy" characters should evolve into Goku-type characters as a series goes on. However, what usually happens is that "lame good guys" stay lame in personality while getting a bunch of asspull powerups. And yes, I know that Endou got a lot of powerups, but they were believable since his soccer abilities were refined from the start.

I think Endou should appear soon though. After all, the new Raimon team is gonna need a good coach soon. He was probably omitted from the opening in order to create mystery as to what he looks like.
May 5, 2011 12:32 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I don't think any of the original cast is married ( only 10 years are passed) , but it would be cool if Endo end up with Natsumi ( most luckly) or Fuyuka . I don't think Endo have ever seen Aki as something more than a friend.........

Goenji was (again) the caped crusader and the new Eleven are preatty badass.

The only things I didn't like was Old Inazuma coach ( the one who was working with Kageyama) again in the series.....
May 5, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2010
nedstark1990 said:
Well, I don't think any of the original cast is married ( only 10 years are passed) , but it would be cool if Endo end up with Natsumi ( most luckly) or Fuyuka . I don't think Endo have ever seen Aki as something more than a friend.........

Well we don't know about the rest of the cast, but it was confirmed by the creator that Endou got married.
I can't believe the guy that tried to kill the old Raimon Eleven is still around though, and working at the same place. I find it even crazier that Hibiki is still alive!
May 5, 2011 3:53 AM
May 2011
raimiala said:

I can't believe the guy that tried to kill the old Raimon Eleven is still around though, and working at the same place.

Surely Haruna would have at least recognized him. I wonder how she reacted about this, seeing as she was there when it happened.

As for Endou's wife? I don't think it's Aki at all. My bet's on Fuyuka.

Good start so far. Let's see how it goes in the long run.
May 5, 2011 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
I don't see how it cannot be Aki, sadly. It was pointing towards that the entire series.

Must see older Natsumi. :]
May 5, 2011 12:03 PM
May 2011
Triangle_Z said:
I don't see how it cannot be Aki, sadly. It was pointing towards that the entire series.

Must see older Natsumi. :]

Well. I want to give some of my predictions to all of this.
As you remember Level-5 President said some hints about Endou's future wife (number "3", "look at latest episodes")

1. The number "3": Well, Natsumi joined Raimon as the 3-rd manager.
2. "Look at the latest episodes": He said it when it was the time Inazuma Japan had to face Cotarl team. In these episodes the main focus was on Natsumi.

And also as I remember President of Level-5 said that household scene will clearly show the outcome. I don't know if it was household scene or not but before match with Cotarl girls made onigiri, Endou find Natsumi and while coming back he thanked her for onigiri.

Well, from these hints my opinion this is Natsumi. I really want her to be Endou's wife. ))

Also about Aki..
1. She didn't have a wedding ring as someone said before in the opening to Inazuma Eleven GO
2. We suddenly saw her interest almost out of nowhere to Ichinose (remember episodes dedicated to JapanVS USA). She even wanted to stop being manager of Inazuma Japan and go to Ichinose. That is the most important fact for me. She is not sure about her feelings. Well, maybe by this they just tried to show us there won't be something big between Aki and Endou. Natsumi on the other hand gradually fell in love with him through the series and her personality changed very much because of Endou. Also as I remember in one of the episodes Aki said to Haruna that Natsumi understands Endou the most of all (it was in the first season).
solomon585858May 5, 2011 12:13 PM
May 5, 2011 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
Kudou's mustache is ridiculous, I can't help but notice it.

Anyway, the episode was pretty nice, it looks like the supernatural "abilities" are a little different this time around, but at least that's what the op suggested, it seems a little farfetched for me but I guess I'll just wait and see.

I'm pretty sure Aki was in one of the beginning scenes and when Tenma ran out of the house she seemed to be sweeping or whatever I was under the impression that she was his mother but the flashback clearly showed another person who actually bears a resemblance to Temna so probably not. Was that Goenji though? Goenji to the rescue forever omg. I like how there was the Raimon emblem sketched onto the soccer ball though, not the most creative device ever but it still work out nicely.

Throughout the first IE I was rooting for Aki even though I didn't particularly like her. I dunno, she fit Endou the best since she seemed energetic like him and whatnot. But I guess at this point I'll probably be pretty satisfied no matter who ends up with Endou.

Derp. All in all I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be but I'm not particularly impressed either. It seems like total role reversal this time around. Last time Endou was pretty special and his team at first was average but the preview of the current Raimon Eleven seems to have it the other way around. Especially with the captain.
May 6, 2011 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
xxSaspra said:

I'm pretty sure Aki was in one of the beginning scenes and when Tenma ran out of the house she seemed to be sweeping or whatever I was under the impression that she was his mother but the flashback clearly showed another person who actually bears a resemblance to Temna so probably not.

Lol, think, people XD;;; If Aki was actually Tenma's mother, she would have been 10-11 years when she gave birth.
As for why she was sweeping outside the place Tenma comes out of at the beginning, the massive house has multiple mailboxes and the sign says it's a manor, so no doubt many different families are living there.
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
May 6, 2011 4:05 PM

Sep 2008
ej92 said:
Good start so far. Let's see how it goes in the long run.

I agree... ;) looking forward to more Inazuma Eleven GO! ;)
May 6, 2011 9:02 PM
Oct 2008
Hope this Raimon doesn't end up bland and ignored like the original.
May 7, 2011 3:41 AM

Sep 2008
pillsbury15 said:

I hope so too... :) I guess it will be very difficult to surpass "Inazuma Eleven", but from the 1st episode, it's quite promising, I think - especially in terms of new characters ;)
May 7, 2011 4:57 AM
May 2011
I don't think future generations will surpass Inazuma Eleven. Also I don't think there will be any protagonist similar to Endou. New generation mustn't try to copy or surpass Inazuma Eleven. They have to be unique, different. Also we can't compare Endou and Tenma. They are too different. The only common thing they have is that they both love soccer. Endou was the leader, he inspired his friends, he is the one who founded Raimon. Now look at the Raimon 10 years later. Gouenji, Endou could only dream to train in such conditions. Raimon nowadays besides training field has also big football center. And I think these children lack something previous generation (Endou and others) had. Maybe Kudou will understand this and also will understand that only one man could show it to these children: Endou. But I don't think we will see him too soon. I think Endou will appear when almost everyone will think that there is no hope.

P.S. Endou is the symbol of Inazuma Eleven Universe and will always be no matter who will be the new protagonist or what generation will be shown. I am sure Endou's appearing will be unexpected and memorable. I just want Endou playing soccer now on a higher level as a professional player and will train these kids because of some surgery or holiday. He is the one who deserved to be a professional player. If not him then who? ))

Predictions about the girl who married Endou:

Aki: She was always close to Endou, helped him to found Raimon. She could be his wife. But there is one BIG problem we have with her. It is her relationship with Ichinose. Sometimes I didn't really understand what she wants. Also she always lacked on thing: courage (at least remember the episode when they went to search for Ichinose with Touko and Natsumi and when she had a chance to sit near him in ferris wheel she wanted to give a way to Natsumi). So I give her 25% chances.

Fuyuka: Endou's childhood friend. During the FFI arc I think she began to develop something towards Endou. There were many hints and facts that showed it. The only problem she had is being not very confident. Well, I really like her and she is great choice for Endou. I give her 35% chances.

Natsumi: Well, what can I say.. She is my favourite and the best choice for Endou. She was the one who changed the most because of Endou and gradually fell in love with him. I don't really understand why several people write that she feels something romantic towars Gouenji. That's a crap. There wasn't any facts that showed it. From the other hand there were many hints and facts that showed us she feels something towards Endou. I give her 40% chances.
solomon585858May 7, 2011 5:14 AM
May 7, 2011 6:15 AM
May 2011
pillsbury15 said:

I can only hope so. So far they seem pretty interesting at least. I just hope each of the other members aside from Shindou and possibly Pikachu, er, I mean Nishizono (judging by the opening and the ending) get enough focus and not end up shunned like some of the original members back at Season 1.
May 7, 2011 7:03 AM

Sep 2008
ej92 said:
pillsbury15 said:

I can only hope so. So far they seem pretty interesting at least. I just hope each of the other members aside from Shindou and possibly Pikachu, er, I mean Nishizono (judging by the opening and the ending) get enough focus and not end up shunned like some of the original members back at Season 1.

Can't wait for Nishizono as well ;)
May 7, 2011 7:47 AM
Apr 2011
solomon585858 said:

P.S. Endou is the symbol of Inazuma Eleven Universe and will always be no matter who will be the new protagonist or what generation will be shown. I am sure Endou's appearing will be unexpected and memorable. I just want Endou playing soccer now on a higher level as a professional player and will train these kids because of some surgery or holiday. He is the one who deserved to be a professional player. If not him then who? ))

Honestly, I would have preferred a new anime about an adult Endou playing pro soccer. That would have been truly awesome and badass. There's also a glaring lack of sports anime and manga that focus on the professional level.

I'm just not feeling this "reboot of Raimon" with a new protagonist who is too opposite to Endou.
May 7, 2011 8:50 AM
May 2011
A-Knight said:

Honestly, I would have preferred a new anime about an adult Endou playing pro soccer. That would have been truly awesome and badass. There's also a glaring lack of sports anime and manga that focus on the professional level.

I'm just not feeling this "reboot of Raimon" with a new protagonist who is too opposite to Endou.

I also think that would be better. Someting like "Major" anime, which showed us development of Honda Goro as a player, as a person. It was great. It would be much better for animators to focus on development of Endou.
May 9, 2011 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
I liked this beginning :D

Otonoshit continues the same. Aki to. Kudou has a mustache now xD Can't wait to see Endou.

From what I understand, Tenma is Aki'son. Am ir right or wrong?

I liked see Goenji saving young Tenma (that flash was in the time of Alien Academy)
May 9, 2011 2:04 PM

Apr 2010
Lamp said:
I liked this beginning :D

Otonoshit continues the same. Aki to. Kudou has a mustache now xD Can't wait to see Endou.

From what I understand, Tenma is Aki'son. Am ir right or wrong?

I liked see Goenji saving young Tenma (that flash was in the time of Alien Academy)

Only 10 years have passed. It's impossible for Tenma to be her son...
May 10, 2011 1:58 PM
Feb 2008
Gouenji <3

Actually I prefer Tenma over Endou ... But the other caracters seem to be a bit disappionting. Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode! ^^
May 10, 2011 9:54 PM
May 2011
HollyBlue said:
Gouenji <3

Actually I prefer Tenma over Endou ... But the other caracters seem to be a bit disappionting. Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode! ^^

You must be kidding. Tenma is standard protagonist of harem-anime like Maburaho or others. Endou's personality is much more interesting and mature.
May 12, 2011 1:17 PM
Feb 2008
solomon585858 said:
You must be kidding. Tenma is standard protagonist of harem-anime like Maburaho or others. Endou's personality is much more interesting and mature.

Hm, I rather thought of Endou as a standart protagonist. I don't watch harem animes so maybe that's why I like Tenma more. ^^ Can't say much though, since my japanese is limeted and I couldn't understand everything in Go.
May 15, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2010
A-Knight said:
solomon585858 said:

Yeah... It would really would have been better if Level 5 had made a series about Endou and others in high school or something.
But this series isn't that bad... I can't wait to see what role will Gouenji get this time around.
And I hope Natsumi marries Endou (which will mean...She'll NOT end up with Gouenji!) ... they were pretty chummy in the last episodes plus Aki looked WAY interested in Ichinose.
Jun 1, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
seriously, the subs are terrible
Jan 22, 2021 9:41 PM

Feb 2011
That was fun. Gouenji looks good! Why do the villains always look so good...
眠れないのは君のせい

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inazuma Eleven Go Episode 40 Discussion

emeth_asher - Feb 15, 2012

4 by phantom346 »»
Apr 25, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Inazuma Eleven Go Episode 39 Discussion

LAboy456 - Feb 8, 2012

8 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Inazuma Eleven Go Episode 38 Discussion

LAboy456 - Feb 1, 2012

3 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Inazuma Eleven Go Episode 37 Discussion

emeth_asher - Jan 25, 2012

6 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Inazuma Eleven Go Episode 36 Discussion

LAboy456 - Jan 18, 2012

11 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.