Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2011 7:09 AM

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol at mephisto's pinky car xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 1, 2011 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
I'll have to see the subs before I'm sure if I liked it or not, but for now I'm not pleased with small differences from the manga.

But I did enjoy; Mephisto's car, his dog form and Rin's various expressions during the episode.

May 1, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2011
ye, i know, watching this after having already read the manga makes it a bit less enjoyable
some changes seems senseless, but overall it isn't so ruined

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 1, 2011 8:14 AM

Nov 2008
zeando34 said:
ye, i know, watching this after having already read the manga makes it a bit less enjoyable

Oh no, it's definately not ruined, it's just that comparing to the changes they did in episode 1 and 2 the changes here made much more sense. I mean, why would they

May 1, 2011 9:33 AM

May 2010
Kirche said:

sucks really hard if they are not gonna mention this at all

Kamiya Hiroshi's voice makes me happy

edit:okay, they mentioned bullying at least, they should show flashbacks but maybe they are waiting for better occasion so everything is all right, i guess
nonllyMay 1, 2011 10:15 AM
May 1, 2011 10:19 AM
Aug 2009
They probably changed the flashbacks to add more angst. It's a silly thing for them to do, but it's not like it significantly alters the story.

I'm just a bit worried about the pacing. Right now there will probably be 10 filler episodes if they stay with 1 chapter per episode.
May 1, 2011 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Yukio surprised me O_o He is cool
And this ep was like Vampire knight or Soul eater this time xD
May 1, 2011 10:54 AM

Sep 2009
Wow!!! Yukio is so damn cool with the guns ❤.❤ + the mole = *dies*
Oh liked the bro-drama a lot. It didn't turn out lame and the action scenes just made it better.
Damn the OST is amazing.
Why a pink limousine? XD
May 1, 2011 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
In the end I gave this episode 5/5. Sure they took out an important piece of information but they added dialogue that wasn't in the manga which I liked. So yeah, the anime is still awesome for me ^^

heidurzo said:
loving this series. Don't get y it's so unpopular. The principal dog thing was kind of surprising tho, i thought it would be like the one in Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox

If you look for the tale of Faust and Mephistopheles you'll see that the dog thing isn't so surprising nor is his other name (Johann).

May 1, 2011 11:11 AM

May 2010
zeando34 said:

Yeah I hope they start following the manga closer cuz thers no reason they shoudnt. I was a bit irritated by the lack of the flashback.
May 1, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2008
I really love this show so far. It is like Blood+ mixed with Soul Eater. Not a fan of Yukio's moles though, I don't know why, but I just don't like them.

5/5 for the episode
May 1, 2011 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
I am glad they are picking up the pace of the anime. I was going to cry if it took 2 episodes for every manga chapter lol.

So far I like the way the anime is presented. 4/5
May 1, 2011 11:29 AM

Apr 2011
fucking epic in my opinion lol
May 1, 2011 11:39 AM

Apr 2010
Uh, this is one of the best of this season
5/5
May 1, 2011 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
That was an interesting twist, to have the (younger?) brother be the teacher. Although I'm still not sure about the setting, since it's a school and all but I hope that at least it delivers something interesting. I think that one of the funnier characters will the Headmaster.

Can't wait for next week!
May 1, 2011 11:44 AM
Jan 2011
5/5 it felt so good to watch it.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

May 1, 2011 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
Glad they didn't turn this into two episodes. The episode was nice, but I was a bit disappointed with the changes. But overall it was great. And Mephisto looked adorable in his dog form.

May 1, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
Mephi is awesome.
5/5
May 1, 2011 11:58 AM

Mar 2010
awesome ep !!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAA RIN FUCKING CUUTE

hate yukio's voice though
Signature deleted for exceeding the maximum size restrictions.

May 1, 2011 12:02 PM

Nov 2010
pati43 said:

Ya it reminded me of Soul Eater too :3
May 1, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
pati43 said:
Yukio surprised me O_o He is cool
Haha, I know! I'm all, "Cross Academy? Where have I seen this before? HMMM!" XD
It makes sense that Yukio is able to things like that; I expected it. His brother's the son of Satan, so I think he better have a few power-ups of his own!

ClementIV said:
I think that one of the funnier characters will the Headmaster.
Headmaster as in Kamiya's character "Faust"? I love that guy, in no small part due to Kamiya Hiroshi's lovely voice acting.

Kirche said:
Oh no, it's definately not ruined, it's just that comparing to the changes they did in episode 1 and 2 the changes here made much more sense. I mean, why would they
Yeah, I see what you mean. During their confrontation the thought passing through my mind was, "I thought they were closer than this.." but after the ordeal was over you could still see that it was just a typical situation considering everything that happened. (I don't read the manga, by the way)

Rin's enthusiasm at the academy was hilarious. Anyone else think the place looks a bit like Hogwarts? He spent half the episode being excited over the acedemy, then the other half yelling conversing with his brother. He really likes raising his voice! But I like it. ;)
May 1, 2011 12:18 PM

May 2010
I totally LOVE this anime so far!!! I definitely want to read the manga now.
May 1, 2011 12:38 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, your own twin as your teacher lessoning in a subject about how to fight against your own race must be complicated in many ways. O.O
May 1, 2011 12:48 PM

Jun 2008
If it continues like this, then this show will steal a spot on my favorite list 8D
May 1, 2011 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
Nice anime, hope they won't spoil it and turn it into these annoying popular shounen out there.
May 1, 2011 1:12 PM

Feb 2009
Hopefully this follows the manga and doesn't devolve into the popular action Shonen we usually see in these types of anime.

5/5 I love the characters, animation, etc. this episode. Went up a few notches for me.
May 1, 2011 1:26 PM

Jun 2009
yukio sucks i mean who does he treat his brother and even tell him he should die thATS the worst for sure

mephistos car and dog orm are great ;) go mephisto
May 1, 2011 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Aside from the minor changes, this anime is definitely staying on top of my watch list. I just hope they kinda build on Rin and Yukio's relationship later on, like in the manga.

AND MM LISTEN TO DAT BGM. Mucho gusto right there.

<3
May 1, 2011 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
Oh hey the picture changed. o:

I liked the episode, despite the few changes which seem odd to me having read the manga just a few weeks ago, it was pretty enjoyable. I hope it stays on track and doesn't delve too far away from the manga. o u o The op was hard to get used to at first but it's definitely catching on now. xD
May 1, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
i really really hate the brother, i hope he doen't play a main part, when yes i will dropt this show ^^
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
May 1, 2011 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Oh hey! Kazuya Nakai is one of the students...

Awesome sauce!
May 1, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
Kannei said:
yukio sucks i mean who does he treat his brother and even tell him he should die thATS the worst for sure

Hum...his brother turned into a demon and it was kinda Rin's fault that Yukio's father died, so of course he was pissed off. But really, when he had the chance to shoot Rin he didn't, he began trainning to be an exorcist at age 7 to protect his brother and from what he said to Rin after the fight, it can be understood that he was testing Rin by saying he should die, since everyone else will probably say that and try to kill him for real for now on.

May 1, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda meh, but i've heard Hanazawa Kana in the next episode's preview so it's gonna be awesome.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 1, 2011 2:57 PM
Jan 2010
Mephisto is awesome and I was almost certain Yukio would be a classmate instead of a teacher.
May 1, 2011 3:03 PM

May 2010
animegeek4life said:
Not a fan of Yukio's moles though, I don't know why, but I just don't like them.

HA! Poor Yukio. If you read the manga extras, his profile says he's "Embarrassed by how many moles he has" XD

The advanced track classrooms were so colorful! I had always imagined them being really drab.
May 1, 2011 3:04 PM

Oct 2010
Kirche said:
Kannei said:

Hum...his brother turned into a demon and it was kinda Rin's fault that Yukio's father died, so of course he was pissed off. But really, when he had the chance to shoot Rin he didn't, he began trainning to be an exorcist at age 7 to protect his brother and from what he said to Rin after the fight, it can be understood that he was testing Rin by saying he should die, since everyone else will probably say that and try to kill him for real for now on.

I agree with Kannei on both statements ^^
The fact that Yukio was training for so long is and was aware of most of the details about his brother make him more of the dick for what he said. He knew the consequences of becoming an exorcist and the kind of situation his father and brother where at. There is no excuse for what he said and he at least deserves to be punch in the face by Rin a couple of times.
The only Reason why Rin became full fledge demon was a last minute attempt to save his father, which at the end didn't made any difference. For been categorize as a genius he proves to the opposite by judging his brother in such a despicable manner.

Then again I don't keep anything form my brother which might be why this kinda got on a nerve = \
huh?
May 1, 2011 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
best shounen for a while...

i would go so far to say best anime of the season (next to Gintama ^^)
May 1, 2011 3:08 PM

Feb 2010
I didn't know what to think when I saw the preview last week showing we'd be swapped to a school setting, but so far it's been handled better than I expected. Not quite what I was expecting from the show, but I can deal.
May 1, 2011 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
highlight: "you're good at tying your necktie...."

yukio's a tad bit annoying, but since the bromance is there anyway, i'll let it slide... for now. :I i can't wait until they focus on the other students -- i'm tempted to read the manga already b/c i'm so curious what their personalities are like.

i'm probably weird for thinking this way orz.
May 1, 2011 3:18 PM
Feb 2009
next ep plss`
May 1, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
acetokai said:
i really really hate the brother, i hope he doen't play a main part, when yes i will dropt this show ^^

He does. He's a teacher and his brother what would you expect? :v
And Yukio is kinda cool... Sometimes. To tell you the truth, I don't really like him (he's got the attitude), even tho he cares for Rin so much xD Same goes for several other characters, especially for Shiemi (I hope they don't make her as annoying as in the manga).
May 1, 2011 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
choyos said:

The fact that Yukio was training for so long is and was aware of most of the details about his brother make him more of the dick for what he said. He knew the consequences of becoming an exorcist and the kind of situation his father and brother where at. There is no excuse for what he said and he at least deserves to be punch in the face by Rin a couple of times.
The only Reason why Rin became full fledge demon was a last minute attempt to save his father, which at the end didn't made any difference. For been categorize as a genius he proves to the opposite by judging his brother in such a despicable manner.

Then again I don't keep anything form my brother which might be why this kinda got on a nerve =

I still disagree ^^ Just because Yukio knew his brother was demon doesn't mean he expected his father to die. Yes, telling a person to die isn't a good thing at all but his father's death also hurt him deeply and he ended up lashing out at Rin.

Sure, he's really really smart, but inteligence doesn't necessarily mean maturity and he's only 15, and anyways, even though he said Rin should die and even though e thought Rin was going to attack him he still didn't shoot, so he didn't really mean all he said.

@Sorakano: Ugh, I actually liked Shiemi until

PS: your avatar is <3

May 1, 2011 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
Kirche said:
choyos said:

Then again I don't keep anything form my brother which might be why this kinda got on a nerve =

I still disagree ^^ Just because Yukio knew his brother was demon doesn't mean he expected his father to die. Yes, telling a person to die isn't a good thing at all but his father's death also hurt him deeply and he ended up lashing out at Rin.

Sure, he's really really smart, but inteligence doesn't necessarily mean maturity and he's only 15, and anyways, even though he said Rin should die and even though e thought Rin was going to attack him he still didn't shoot, so he didn't really mean all he said.

but to say that the priests death was rins fault is hard too take for him as well i mean when you hear after 15 years that your a demon an satanbs son who would you react of course he went maybe a lil too far but he was on the ache soo its understandle too react like that most likly i would react the same way rin did
May 1, 2011 3:40 PM

Sep 2010
Fucking Rin always sounds like he's screaming in pain.
May 1, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
Kannei said:
Kirche said:
choyos said:

but to say that the priests death was rins fault is hard too take for him as well i mean when you hear after 15 years that your a demon an satanbs son who would you react of course he went maybe a lil too far but he was on the ache soo its understandle too react like that most likly i would react the same way rin did

I agree 100%, he was harsh, he hurt Rin but he was hurting too.

May 1, 2011 3:54 PM
Jan 2011
AngelicFeces said:
He does sound kinda queer. "Ni-san" (D:)
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

May 1, 2011 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
xOriginalxSinx said:
AngelicFeces said:
He does sound kinda queer. "Ni-san" (D:)

? The one who says "Ni-san" is Yukio not Rin.

I pity Rin's seyuu, he'll be hoarse in no time ^^

May 1, 2011 4:22 PM

Oct 2010
May 1, 2011 4:32 PM

Oct 2009
Ugh, can't get over how bad the OP and ED are. Especially the ED.

Babyshiba hnnnngh. And I just realized how much this show reminds me of Harry Potter.

Average ep I guess. I brother gets on my nerves for some reason. I like that one guy who had a mohawk and a bunch of piercings though, he looks cool.

I hope Rin stops screaming at every little thing soon. It's getting really annoying.
May 1, 2011 4:35 PM

Jun 2009
and again an anime where they use german phrases xD
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.