Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Heart no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Wonder World Chapter 35 Discussion


#1
Apr 8, 2011 5:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1134
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And so, the end. The manga itself let a lot of mysteries, which I guess we gotta use our fantasy to give answers.

I liked the fact how Blood took Alice back. But I couldn't understand the deal with Alice's sister. Dead or not?

Anyway, amazing series. ~
 
#2
Apr 10, 2011 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2030
StellaNoxFleuret said:
I couldn't understand the deal with Alice's sister. Dead or not?
Just my assumption: Her dream world consists of people which corresponds to important(or someone she would interact with constantly) people in Alice's 'real world'. In reference to Nightmare saying 'besides i want her to be aware of who we are'.
Now, White Rabbit is Alice's sister and he has no memories of them being in the real world. Maybe because, she is dead in the real world. (In ref. to Nightmare saying to White rabbit 'For you, waking up from the dream ends it'.

Well that was one great manga. Loved all the characters and the humor was great.
Cannot wait for the movie! It better be good.
 
#3
Apr 10, 2011 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1134
Linalee-Stratos said:
StellaNoxFleuret said:
I couldn't understand the deal with Alice's sister. Dead or not?
Just my assumption: Her dream world consists of people which corresponds to important(or someone she would interact with constantly) people in Alice's 'real world'. In reference to Nightmare saying 'besides i want her to be aware of who we are'.
Now, White Rabbit is Alice's sister and he has no memories of them being in the real world. Maybe because, she is dead in the real world. (In ref. to Nightmare saying to White rabbit 'For you, waking up from the dream ends it'.

Well that was one great manga. Loved all the characters and the humor was great.
Cannot wait for the movie! It better be good.



How do you come to the conclusion that White Rabbit is Alice's sister?

And yes, I cannot wait for the movie either; But too bad, I guess it will take a whole year until the DVD/Blu-Ray will be released, unless someone record it in the theater & sub it.
 
#4
Apr 11, 2011 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 191
*copy-pasta from another thread*

To put it simply, without ranting too much, Alice is actually in her early/mid twenties outside of Wonderland. At the very least, she's old enough to have graduated university and start work. Lorina had died due to illness some time before the start of the manga. While she was ill, Alice decided she wished to move out of the house, and a fight between the two ensued --- Alice believes this caused Lorina a lot of stress and eventually led to her death. Alice spends her Sundays reminiscing about the time the two spent together. What we see in the first chapter is a dream she's having of the time before Lorina died --- that's how Peter is able to get to her. He isn't entering the real world; he's just entering her dream and using that as a gateway to Wonderland.

Wonderland itself isn't a made-up place -- it's a world that exists outside of ours, and yet its appearance is able to be influenced by the mind of the person seeing it. Nightmare is simply able to use dreams as a medium to grab people from other worlds and take them to Wonderland, and he's able to "shape" the way people see it based on their memories/preferences in order to influence their feelings about it, if that makes any sense.
 
#5
Apr 11, 2011 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1134
hellion13 said:
*copy-pasta from another thread*

To put it simply, without ranting too much, Alice is actually in her early/mid twenties outside of Wonderland. At the very least, she's old enough to have graduated university and start work. Lorina had died due to illness some time before the start of the manga. While she was ill, Alice decided she wished to move out of the house, and a fight between the two ensued --- Alice believes this caused Lorina a lot of stress and eventually led to her death. Alice spends her Sundays reminiscing about the time the two spent together. What we see in the first chapter is a dream she's having of the time before Lorina died --- that's how Peter is able to get to her. He isn't entering the real world; he's just entering her dream and using that as a gateway to Wonderland.

Wonderland itself isn't a made-up place -- it's a world that exists outside of ours, and yet its appearance is able to be influenced by the mind of the person seeing it. Nightmare is simply able to use dreams as a medium to grab people from other worlds and take them to Wonderland, and he's able to "shape" the way people see it based on their memories/preferences in order to influence their feelings about it, if that makes any sense.


Ah, thank you.
 
#6
Apr 13, 2011 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1364
Blood brought her back in Wonderland, like it.
Peter, in fact, is Alice's sister, Lorina. But how did Peter became his sister?
I don't understand.

Anyways, nice series.
Can't wait for the movie too.
Hope it will be done better.
Modified by chiquit0621, Apr 13, 2011 6:12 AM


"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."




chiquit

 
#7
Apr 19, 2011 6:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 460
chiquit0621 said:
Blood brought her back in Wonderland, like it.
Peter, in fact, is Alice's sister, Lorina. But how did Peter became his sister?
I don't understand.


I don't think Peter is actually Alice's sister. In the panel with Nightmare talking about the characters' real identities with the clock spinning around his hand, it's implying that each of the 12 roles represents a certain time. (It's explained in slightly more detail in the Heart no Kuni game). I'm thinking that Peter represents the hour Alice spent with her sister in the afternoons, which makes him "the most loved".

Hope that clarifies things a bit! ^^
 
#8
Apr 20, 2011 2:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27172
Ah, vol. 6 only has the final chapter and awesome illustrations!

I enjoyed the manga and cannot wait for the movie!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#9
Apr 20, 2011 3:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3018
Really mysteroius end and I am bit disappointed but I loved the characters epsecially Elliot, Blood and Julius x3...
 
Apr 20, 2011 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1610
Aw man! She went back to Wonderland! Are setting up for a sequel or can we safely assume she just stays with Blood?

Well, I'll have to have a look at the game, or at least find a script for it or something! Too many things left unmentioned!

Good chapter, and good story all round methinks!
 
Apr 25, 2011 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2023
There's a thread in Mangafox (am I allowed to link it here?) which sort of explains the whole manga using information from the game. But it did clear up some doubts I had about the manga.

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
 
Jul 31, 2011 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
It explains a bit more in the game, but because i am not fluent in japanese i cant be sure of everything. But apperently there's a CG where Peter (in rabbit form) is with Alice and her sister in the real world.
Anyway, supposedly all the characters in Wonderland are based off someone she knows in real life, and yes they also represent times. IT's a bit confusing and even the game dosen't explain everything(then again im not %100 with it).

I <3 my Julius. :3
 
Aug 3, 2011 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 47
BlackMoral said:
There's a thread in Mangafoxwhich sort of explains the whole manga using information from the game.

^ Thanks for the link.

I think I may have read this too fast but overall it was still an interesting and entertaining variant of Alice in Wonderland. I wonder if I can find those oneshots. ^^
 
Oct 31, 2011 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 54
completely unsatisfying and rushed ending. but overall an interesting manga and pretty good alternative to the original alice in wonderland
 
Apr 16, 2012 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1122
Dafuuu is up with the ending ;-; *not satisfied yet, so gonna read Clover No Kuni No Alice naoo~*
 
May 15, 2012 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3847
Nice variation from the original story. I like how it was developed but the ending was quite unclear. A lot of things weren't explained so I got a bit confused. Good thing some people discussed it here. :)
 
Jun 28, 2012 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
I finished last night, and I told my boyfriend "I understand what they were going for, but the execution was very poor and confusing."

After clicking that mangafox link, I totally get it now. It's basically what I thought, but it is so nice to have that clarification. Shame that the manga adaptation was lacking in some aspects, but I really did enjoy this series overall. I will be looking forward to the Elliot and Peter "Clover" stories <3 Ah, the bishies. I feel like I'm 16 again hahaha.
 
Jul 8, 2012 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 825
BlackMoral said:
There's a thread in Mangafox (am I allowed to link it here?) which sort of explains the whole manga using information from the game. But it did clear up some doubts I had about the manga.

Lol, thanks for this thread! It really helped to understand the manga a little better ^^

_______________________________
every moment i spent with you shined
because the weather was good
because the weather was bad
because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
 
Jan 14, 2018 7:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Bepbo said:
I finished last night, and I told my boyfriend "I understand what they were going for, but the execution was very poor and confusing."

After clicking that mangafox link, I totally get it now. It's basically what I thought, but it is so nice to have that clarification. Shame that the manga adaptation was lacking in some aspects, but I really did enjoy this series overall. I will be looking forward to the Elliot and Peter "Clover" stories <3 Ah, the bishies. I feel like I'm 16 again hahaha.
Bepbo said:
I finished last night, and I told my boyfriend "I understand what they were going for, but the execution was very poor and confusing."

After clicking that mangafox link, I totally get it now. It's basically what I thought, but it is so nice to have that clarification. Shame that the manga adaptation was lacking in some aspects, but I really did enjoy this series overall. I will be looking forward to the Elliot and Peter "Clover" stories <3 Ah, the bishies. I feel like I'm 16 again hahaha.





please enlighten me
 
Jan 14, 2018 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
rukiorra said:
Bepbo said:
I finished last night, and I told my boyfriend "I understand what they were going for, but the execution was very poor and confusing."

After clicking that mangafox link, I totally get it now. It's basically what I thought, but it is so nice to have that clarification. Shame that the manga adaptation was lacking in some aspects, but I really did enjoy this series overall. I will be looking forward to the Elliot and Peter "Clover" stories <3 Ah, the bishies. I feel like I'm 16 again hahaha.
Bepbo said:
I finished last night, and I told my boyfriend "I understand what they were going for, but the execution was very poor and confusing."

After clicking that mangafox link, I totally get it now. It's basically what I thought, but it is so nice to have that clarification. Shame that the manga adaptation was lacking in some aspects, but I really did enjoy this series overall. I will be looking forward to the Elliot and Peter "Clover" stories <3 Ah, the bishies. I feel like I'm 16 again hahaha.





please enlighten me



Bruh, I honestly wish I could. But my post was 5 1/2 years ago, I barely even remember this manga, let alone what the (now deleted) MangaFox link said or my thoughts on it. I'm sorry I can't help clarify or enlighten! There's other long posts in the thread though, maybe they'll be of some help?
 
Top