Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2011 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Medaka finally slaps Kuamagawa's shit so hard, he get's defeated T_T

Oh gawd, I hope they will animated this sooner or later T_T

Hitomi (Zenkichi's mom) awards him with a lap pillow moment

Finally medaka approaches him and offers him the position of Vice President, which all of us anticipated.

He says yes, and you can see Zenkichi in the back with a wtf expression on his face...

The result is as much love and peace as you would see in Campanella.

Kumagawa's troll radar reacts to something, which leaves him sweating buckets...the reason....

Ajimu finally makes her appearance as the new boss...She is seen talking to the chairman

This time her hair is white and she has screws embedded into her, and brings along Shiranui's brother, whom from the back looks more badass than any other character shown so far.

And trolling me will troll..

InariusApr 12, 2011 5:13 PM
Apr 12, 2011 5:41 PM

Nov 2008
first of all, making Kumagawa the VP was expected, no surprise there

i just didnt expect for Ajimu to be introduced already...and i thought she was dead, but guess not...this manga is just turning more weird , first pluses, then minuses, now not equals...whats next after this, zeroes (or have we already seen those?)
Apr 12, 2011 7:03 PM

May 2010
I knew this manga is still continuing especially when that girl Ajimu had an evil look on her from a previous chapter !!
Apr 12, 2011 8:22 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Not really surprised at this point that there was someone higher then them, but what exactly are they. Super perfect?

Sidenote: I'm starting to think the author has a strange fixation for screws.
Apr 13, 2011 1:30 AM

Jan 2010
It may be sorta predictable, but Medaka Box is one of the finest examples of "cool nonsense" Ive seen so far. The author takes GREAT liberties with facts he serves us, but I still want more.
Apr 13, 2011 10:54 AM
Mar 2009
No surprise at Kumagawa being elected Vice-Prez. That slot has been open for a while and she has a habit of giving them to her former enemies.

But wow...the "Not Equals?" This is getting old...after this, it'll be the "Domain Error," or "No Real Answer," or "Divided by Zero." Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka trolled us with, "Syntax Error."
Apr 14, 2011 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
...Not Equals. Really, Nisio Isin, REALLY? I face palmed hard. Then started laughing. I mean, don't you find it hysterically ridiculous!?

I mean, next they're going to be the sine, cosine, tangent, right-angle, complementary and so on and so forth! I wouldn't be surprised if next they're going to be called the infinity.

Apr 15, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
So it's really the end... Kumagawa lost.... but now he's a new addition to the team! YAY... I didn't really thought that was possible but since all the members of the Current Student Council are previous enemies minus Zenkichi, is not surprising... SOrry for forgetting that... and it's like Medaka says "there's no one else more fitting than you Kumagawa-kun to be the VP who contradicts me" ^^ And now that I'm thinking about it... For some reason feels like I'm reading Dragonball but more ridiculously absurd....

It's so good to see Kumagawa being accepted into Hanokiwa.... and now that he's the new VP... and Hitoyoshi-sensei getting worried for him... It's so good to see him little by little getting accepted ^^

And I'm surprised of Maguro's information network.... He knew beforehand that a new treat is coming our way and already knows that they're not you're average Villains.... but someone stronger than expected... Ajimu and another Shiranui... Hanten Shiranui.... Well he looks kickass... and Ajimu... Well she's a real weirdness hahahaha... But you gotta be kiddin' Naming themselves "Not Equals"... WTF was that.... Oh Isshin... you and you weird Code names...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2011 3:54 PM
Mar 2011
NEW ARC IS A ROWIN DOWN DA RIVER
Mar 6, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
Lmfao a quadrillion skills, I would shiat my pants if I was a manga character.

I swear, 0 probably is next at some point. But this girl was at least hinted at since the beginning when Kumagawa wiped her face off. I sincerely hope this is the last arc. It can't get any godlier than a quadrillion skill user.

I swear, I called Medaka god by like maybe as early as chapter 1-10 when she sounds just like Haruhi but with the crazy martial art theme.

Now she will face a god, lololol.
Mar 9, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2012
Well, I'm a bit disappointed with some of the way this turned out (mostly Kumagawa's love for Medaka but it's fine & works well enough) but for the most part I really love this arc & Kumagawa is easily a new favorite (though whether this remains is unknown, I'll have to wait and see). Kinda hard to believe this arc was in the same series that contained the previous arcs honestly, this stuff was much better (though I kinda wish Akune & Kikaijima did something really important but meh). Definitely one of the top stuff I want to see adapting into anime, joining right up there with 20th Century Boys & the Jinchuu arc from Kenshin.

*Edit (7/11/2014)*

I figure I'd edit instead of just double posting but the second time through & it didn't really hold up as good as I remember it. I don't know if it's because I'm going through it a second time but I do that with plenty of times with other arcs I love (Kyoto, Yorknew & Chimera Ant, for example) & my love for those arcs only increased on repeat viewings. Maybe Hunter x Hunter has officially spoiled me but I don't know, this wasn't as strong as I remember it.

That said, I still really liked Kumagawa & laughed quite a bit, normally at his antics. Some of the hax powers are fun (perhaps not in application but the powers themselves are neat). I enjoyed that pretty much no battle, sans the Secretary one & maybe the general affairs, were really about the action. The focus was mostly elsewhere & the most effective one was the treasurer battle, giving us a good amount of insight into Kumagawa & his "I ripped her face off to see if I really loved her" moment is one of my favorites. Ajimu likewise, is also a lot of fun & I really enjoyed how Medaka's principles were seriously tested through this arc, without really being heavily focused upon. It's a shame Akune & Kikaijima got the shaft in this arc too. I still have my issues I brought up earlier in this post (pre-edit) by the way. I think I'd give this arc an 8/10, instead of a 9/10 like I was initially thinking.
TerrestriousJul 11, 2014 7:16 AM
Nov 16, 2014 9:59 PM
May 2013
Yay, Kumagawa for vicepresident! =D

Now "Not-Equals"? And this is just half of this series, so that means there will be people even more powerful than the Godlike Ajimu. I love this manga.
Oct 11, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Kumagawa for VP? Yeah I'm happy that happened :) He is definitely an amazing character and this entire arc more than made up for the first 2 (?) arcs.
Sep 19, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
Figures...

But why the hell is Ajimu there?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 102 Discussion

Inarius - Jun 24, 2011

4 by mazuchi »»
Jul 10, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 117 Discussion

RawElements - Oct 13, 2011

29 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 19, 2009

16 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 25, 2010

13 by Gameboy_Matthew »»
Oct 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 125 Discussion

Inarius - Dec 3, 2011

18 by vbzre »»
Aug 27, 2022 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.