Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 5:12 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just started reading the series out of interest a few days ago, and wow its a great series, intriguing story as well as compelling characters. Even if I find my myself not playing pokemon games (by the way which I do), I would probably say the same to a good extent. Kind of curious as to why a topic on this chapter has not be made yet, but might as well get it started.

The end of the 5th saga, and what an end. With Silver finally able to reconcile with his father, the group effort to stop the falling ship and saving a city, as well them freeing Deoxys all seems well and we find the 5 pokedex owners invovled (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Silver) having an after-event clash with the last remaining of the TR's "3 beasts" in order to allow Deoxys to continue its freedom.

Sad moment afterwards when it is discovered that the heros who saved the region are found "petrified" though and emotional to bat . . . Silver and "Blue" (I'll use the japanese way of calling them Blue = former "mask", etc) just having re-united with their families also added to impact of emotion when they were frozen.

What I'm curious about is what off to happen to the "3 beasts", the reactions of Giovanni after waking up, as well as a random curiosity of what happened to Mewtwo (If I saw correctly, I believe Mewtwo was also involved in that "final clash", is Mewtwo also petrified or not?).
Jul 17, 2015 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
I do not like how that ended.
Jun 20, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2015
How did they turn to stone?
Jul 21, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2015

What jus' happened?! O_O Just because everyone and Mewtwo rushed toward the ball, they have been petrified? I suppose Mewtwo itself was imprisonned in the ball.

I dislike this kind of end but I guess this was unavoidable. Too many heroes had been kept around, now only Saphirre, Ruby, Crystal and Gold are available so they shouldn't parasite the future parts as much as those ones.

4/5 I wonder if the stone problem will be addressed in a later remake part.

Overall for Red&Green GBA: 7/10.

@lunerblade Thanks again.
Rei_IIIJul 26, 2017 6:54 AM
Jul 26, 2017 6:06 AM
Jun 2014
Rei366 said:

What jus' happened?! O_O Just because everyone and Mewtwo rushed toward the ball, they have been petrified? I suppose Mewtwo itself was imprisonned in the ball.

I dislike this kind of end but I guess this was unavoidable. Too many heroes had been kept around, now only Saphirre, Ruby, Crystal and Gold are available so they shouldn't parasite the future parts as much as those ones.

4/5 I wonder if the stone problem will be addressed in a later remake part.

Overall for Red&Green GBA: 7/10.

if you are curious about what happened to red and company lets just say the events of the movie where mewtwo and mew clash repeated itself except having mewtwo clash with a "Darker" force (considering this foreshadowing and a hint of who). red and company like ash in the movie were caught in the crossfire.
May 27, 2021 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
O_O
WTH was that ending?
from one side it was very surprising, but it was pretty bad though.
sird really couldn't leave without nothing huh?

was really enjoyable arc, but weakest so far, had really good moments, especially the latest parts, but it started kinda bad and ended really unexplained.
7/10
Mar 17, 2023 1:38 AM

Nov 2015
Okay, I did not expect that! The five heroes turned to stone and the part ends? We're diving into part 6 next chapter but are we just not going to address what happens next for a long while now I wonder?

Anyways, I love how it was never specified with what happened to Ouka. So for all we know, he might just be dead.

Solid part! The Ruby and Sapphire chapter is still my favorite but this might come in second just from the amazing choreography.
Jun 6, 2023 2:43 AM
Oct 2019
This is the first arc that doesn't conclude in happy ending. 

FRLG arc is good. Not as good as RGB/GSC, but it's better than Y. This arc feels like a buildup. Deoxys and Mewtwo are interesting pokemon. I like how the stories include hoenn too (though not the dexholders). 9/10 (just like my previous rating).

Current ranking: RS > RGB > GSC > FRLG > Y
Dec 28, 2023 3:41 AM

Feb 2020
They became Dr. Stone lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 305 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 31, 2015

4 by Nerdason »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:24 AM

» Physical Manga Collectors, lend me your aid

KGlock18 - Dec 11, 2023

4 by soulsilver4ever »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 280 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 21, 2015

2 by Nerdason »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:37 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 270 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 6, 2014

3 by Nerdason »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 4 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - May 7, 2012

8 by Vivi3rd »»
Nov 11, 2023 9:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.