Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2011 10:51 AM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Underwhelming final battle. Boatload of tropes. Houki ending. No Natasha.

8-bit I am disappoint.

Before this episode I would have rated the show a 6/10 because of how much fun I had watching it, but 8-bit really dropped the ball in episodes 11 & 12 in the direction department, so it's a solid 5/10.
avrcMar 31, 2011 11:10 AM
Mar 31, 2011 11:17 AM

Jun 2009
Houki ending? Man this sound like it's a pearl among all shitty harems with open endings. Gotta get subs quickly.
Also, dunoo what's that about 8-bit so i'll just ignore it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 31, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, they did go with a Houki ending? I'm shocked, since the LN's aren't finished

But I about died laughing when Cecilia shot at Ichika before he could kiss Houki. Loved Rin and Cecilia being all yandere
Mar 31, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
The fight out-pawned every single out there with this episode. Just like predicted it was amazing. My final verdict stays at 8/10. Mainly because of Mech designs and fap to the ecchi of this series (not!). More later.
LadyOrihime said:
Wow, they did go with a Houki ending? I'm shocked, since the LN's aren't finished
No way it's a Houki ending at all even though it looks like it. I refuse the reality of what I have seen. To me it's always been about Rin x Ichika even though it was called off early in the series. No matter anyone says, Rin had dips on climbing on Ichika during the beach special. She also had priveleges to eat with Ichika often when they were young. So fuck the other girls seriously.Except Laura since she got dips on the first kiss towards Ichika.
LadyOrihime said:
But I about died laughing when Cecilia shot at Ichika before he could kiss Houki. Loved Rin and Cecilia being all yandere
You got to love those expressions indeed. Makes you think that one day Ichika will be murdered if ever he is found out cheating on one of them.
OrochiPL said:
Houki ending? Man this sound like it's a pearl among all shitty harems with open endings. Gotta get subs quickly.
Houki ending? I refuse to believe! BTW subs are out.
Yumekichi11Mar 31, 2011 2:53 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 31, 2011 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
Houki ending.... I hope silverio gospel hit Ichika's head veeery hard and he become unconsciousness.
Cecilia yandere-mode was magnificence
sorry, but my english is bad
Mar 31, 2011 3:19 PM

Feb 2011
First girl introduced always wins :< Kinda sad that it's finished. Oh well hope for a second season.
Mar 31, 2011 3:28 PM

Oct 2009
So its over!? I prefer the novel it has more story to it
Final score 9/10 for me
Ecchi + mecha = win for me
Loses one for re use of final battle scene
Would be nice to see Charlotte go yandere that would be cute an funny
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Mar 31, 2011 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

This was even WORSE than I expected, Holy Shit, this was so ridiculous, so stupid, I feel like I was just raped.

I feel so bad for Youko Hikasa, she's so Awesome as Mio, but every other character is fucking retarded, generic, and below average.

WOW, there's just so many bad things, I don't think I can properly name them all.

Whatever, I'm just VERY HAPPY this is all over....5/10

WHAT A WASTE OF GOOD ANIMATION....
Mar 31, 2011 3:41 PM
Oct 2010
As a girl im not really an mecha/ecchi fan. surprised i didn't drop it but because this years anime season was underwhelming i had to pick it up. Ending was rubbish to say the least.

Honestly i am a charlotte fan. If it had a more open ending charlotte could have made her moves! Its not her fault she is born to a family of douche's.

Final Score: 6/10 Fighting scenes were predictable but were enjoyable :S (no ecchi thoughts :/ )
Mar 31, 2011 3:41 PM
Dec 2008
I had to force myself to finish watching this series, the last few episodes killed it for me.
Mar 31, 2011 3:42 PM
Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

100% Agree just watched it.
Mar 31, 2011 3:46 PM

Jul 2010
This show was just bad on so many levels. The only thing that really stood out to me (in a good way) was the music. Ended exactly as it was predicted, with the combined effort of friends, shields recharging mid-battle, and the whole "I have something to protect," crap. So glad this is over.

And is anyone really surprised Houki won over Charlotte? She was the first girl. Harem rule: First girl gets the guy. I'm not surprised by this at all.

This was a 5/10 for me, but that's just an insult to anything else close to that rating, so 4/10 it is.
Mar 31, 2011 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
this was better that what I expected... 7/10 - Yandere look on Cecil at the end really made me laugh
huh?
Mar 31, 2011 4:00 PM

Jun 2010
The "Big Boss Fight" was not that spectacular IMO. I'd give it a 6.5 but round to 7. I was moderately interested in this series to just want it to be over.
Mar 31, 2011 4:24 PM
Feb 2010
So it took 12 episodes for Ichika to actually do something right and win a battle....
I can't believe people actually hoped that the battle would redeem the show and make it end well.
I did like the Houki end even though I wanted Char to win.
Mar 31, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
Cecilia's yandere laugh was very amusing, heheh
Mar 31, 2011 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
Big boss fight was meh, but im very satisfied with the ending. To believe that Houki's sister planned all this. People could of died lol!
Mar 31, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
this anime was complete shit, imo! only thing's likable was charlotte and some of the mech designs.....overall shitty typical harem

3/10
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Mar 31, 2011 4:44 PM

Apr 2010
Sigh this show was just horrible.

All i wanna know is what happen to Houki sis was houki sis behind it all?
Mar 31, 2011 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
still a fan of char though. char forever!

anyway, what was up with that random white-haired girl during ichika's dream?
Mar 31, 2011 4:50 PM

Mar 2011
Somehow predictable, but hey its an ecchi and a harem on top of that. The art was beautiful tho and the music goes really well with whats happening. The final battle was everything but not epic, at least i've expected more.And i find this really often in animes "i have a dream after a big injury and hop i am magically healed with not even a scratch on me" overused GAH. But overall a good episode i am giving 8/10 for the art and the music + pairing up with Houki xD that's what i've always wanted since ep 3. For the anime i am also giving 8/10 but that's because 3 of my fav genders are mixed in it xD
SacuroseMar 31, 2011 5:08 PM
Mar 31, 2011 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
BTW....you gotta love this exchange:

Houki: You know Ichika, I'm from the opposite sex...

Ichika: Huh?? You are???, I guess that explains the Tits...

Ichika: Close your eyes Houki...

Houki: (Thinking) maybe he's going to kiss me.

Ichika: *Flicks forehead* He he he...I'm so cool...

WTF was this????
Mar 31, 2011 4:57 PM
Jun 2007
Oniikami said:

That was a manifestation of the core of Silverio Gospel. In the novels it has been implied that the cores are sentient, but seeing as how these last two episodes turned out, it wasn't established in the show, making this development seem totally out of place.

On an unrelated note, I'm a bit mad that this didn't happen at the end.
Mar 31, 2011 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
Vanny121 said:
alexcampos said:
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

truer words have never been spoke.....a total buzz kill.
Mar 31, 2011 5:05 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
No way it's a Houki ending at all even though it looks like it. I refuse the reality of what I have seen. To me it's always been about Rin x Ichika even though it was called off early in the series. No matter anyone says, Rin had dips on climbing on Ichika during the beach special. She also had priveleges to eat with Ichika often when they were young. So fuck the other girls seriously.Except Laura since she got dips on the first kiss towards Ichika.

LOL! S'okay *pets* But remember, Houki was the "first friend" of the harem.

alexcampos said:
I feel so bad for Youko Hikasa, she's so Awesome as Mio, but every other character is fucking retarded, generic, and below average.

Aw, I love her as Hana from "Seikon no Qwaser" and Maya from "Occult Academy".

Iilia said:
And is anyone really surprised Houki won over Charlotte? She was the first girl. Harem rule: First girl gets the guy. I'm not surprised by this at all.

I'm not. I'm just surprised that it wasn't an open ending because of the LN's.
Mar 31, 2011 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
Vanny121 said:
alexcampos said:
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

I was wondering in all episode, how could stories like this get adaptation and good funds. when lots of awesome mangas are still waiting out there. what a waste.
Mar 31, 2011 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
Danggg. The fight definitely wasn't as good as I'd hoped that it'd be. And overall. What an ending. = ~=
Mar 31, 2011 5:27 PM

Jun 2010
Wow so Houki's sister was behind the whole thing. When Houki's sister was talking to Ichika's sister, did she mention that she was the one who planned for Ichika to be an IS pilot. I really liked that the myterious IS attacks where it got Cecila. It liked clamped her. I just thought that move was awesome. I hope they make a second season because I feel like there's some more stuff that can be explained like Laura's people in Europe or Char's parents. I hope they do make one.

Mar 31, 2011 5:46 PM
Oct 2010
Iilia said:

Uh? that not always the case... but then again, this anime was so cliched all over it that I would have been surprised if it hadn't been Houki or an open ending.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 31, 2011 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
Well, thank the goddesses that that's over! 6/10 only because the animation was good.
Mar 31, 2011 6:07 PM
Aug 2009
I don't know which "Good animation" you are talking about, that CGI robots SUCKED xDU.
Anyway, Harem Completed, series end.

I should stop watching this kind of shows... xD
Mar 31, 2011 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
i was hoping they would turn the white haired girl into some super plot twist like that's ichika's mother or something. instead we get a crazy genius disappearing which is still kind of lolwut? but not good enough.

anyway, i still love all the looks of the characters. and charlotte is still win.

Avarice said:
Oniikami said:

is that.. houkis sister?
and where can i find this manga, is it translated?
sakaApr 2, 2011 10:56 PM
Mar 31, 2011 6:17 PM
Jun 2007
Kurogashi said:
Avarice said:
Oniikami said:

is that.. houkis sister?

Nope; that's the pilot of Silverio Gospel & US representative, Natasha Fairs.
It's an illustration from the 3rd light novel, an event that should have happened after the berserk IS was finally subdued.
Mar 31, 2011 8:26 PM

Sep 2010
Wooooooow, Houki's sister was behind everything. Stupid.
Houki ending was fine though.
And who the fuck was the little girl in Ichika's dream? The girl in the IS was Chifuyu, right?
Mar 31, 2011 9:11 PM

Aug 2009
OK THEN

This episode:
-Created more questions than answers, namely with regards to Tabane's true motives and the nature of the IS system.
-While Ichika's recovery definitely felt like an ass pull, the IS was established as having an empathetic link with its pilot, it's just that it was only briefly mentioned in like episode 1 and almost never brought up again.
-The whole fight was really cool and a lot of fun, as expected of the people who made Macross Frontier. Sure the end was reused, but it's not like they reused the exact footage.
-Ichika x Houki <3. I liked those two together from the start, they just needed more time alone with each other to sort out their feelings. While I would have liked the kiss to have gone through, the interruption being Cecilia's rifle was pretty hilarious.

THE SERIES AS A WHOLE:
Infinite Stratos has the somewhat dubious honor of playing just about every harem/ecchi/school/mecha/romance trope ever completely straight, but you know what? I had fun, and as far as I'm concerned that's all that matters. It's the kind of show I'd watch over a long weekend when I've got nothing better to do, but that's perfectly fine with me.

My only real gripe is that it only got 12 episodes; each episode save one lined up perfectly with a chapter from the novels, with this last one correlating with Volume 3's epilogue. There are 6 volumes out as of now, so they totally could've done a 24 episode season, which I think would have had the benefit of greater character development (especially considering the bulk of this run was devoted to introducing characters). Well, whatever the reason may be, the only thing to do now is hope for a second season.

Also, I'm posting this like 4 hours later than I had planned due getting server issues dropped on me while I was writing this :P
Ha-cha!
Mar 31, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2009
Did I miss something? Didn't Ichika buy a gift for someone in episode 9 ? Who did he give it to? I figured kind of early that it was for Houki's birthday, but i never saw him give it to her.
Mar 31, 2011 9:31 PM

Nov 2010
The battle was kinda lame... But as a harem anime I really enjoyed it, hope there'll be a second season, following the novel without any filler endings...
Mar 31, 2011 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
alexcampos said:
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

This was even WORSE than I expected, Holy Shit, this was so ridiculous, so stupid, I feel like I was just raped.

WOW, there's just so many bad things, I don't think I can properly name them all.

Whatever, I'm just VERY HAPPY this is all over....5/10

Wild Infinite Stratos has appeared!
Infinite Stratos attacks with attempt at a cohesive and serious plot.
It was not very effective...

In all seriousness, I was anticipating this anime to be the best this season. I don't mind harems as much as most people, but this one just made me facepalm about it the entire way through...
Character interaction and individual personalities aside from Charlotte were entirely forgettable.
Action sequences that seriously make me fall asleep or bore me enough for me to skip ahead in the episode. Episode 11 with all the whole illegal boat and Houki angst needs to have something to build up from, otherwise the viewer simply doesn't care. I cared so little that I skipped through most of episode 11 and later decided to suffer through it to make an informed comment on it.

Originally, I did not agree with people after the first episode aired that this anime was crap because it had nothing original. I don't mind if nothing is original if it is done well. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Frankly, the only parts in this anime where I wasn't bored was when Charlotte had screen time.

LightningRamiel said:

the only thing to do now is hope for a second season.

O God... Please no...
Some people did enjoy this series despite its blemishes, but I don't think I could stomach a second season personally.
OmniknightMar 31, 2011 10:14 PM
Mar 31, 2011 10:22 PM
Apr 2009
Vanny121 said:
alexcampos said:
THE POWER OF HAX!!!!

Add me too. Terrible character development and so many 'what the hell, no explanation' moments. Characters comletely flipping, from potentially interesting to extremely annoying. The animation was great. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the show, but it was just empty. =\
Mar 31, 2011 10:25 PM

Jul 2010
Series was okay, and I"m actually Houki fan so i liked that. Too bad he didn't kiss her...
When Ichika said close your eye, I"m thinking OMG FINALLY... Then he flicks her and then I'm swearing up a storm at him.... But I still like Ichika more than the Freezing main guy
Mar 31, 2011 10:29 PM

Feb 2008
houki is ok but I wanted CHAR or laura bodewig. still a 7/10 for the comedic moments
Mar 31, 2011 10:35 PM

May 2010
The fight scene improved a bit but wasn't enough.

The ending was kinda meh.

Ok. Already finished. I'll give this a 6/10 for the art. Would probably give 7 if they gave Ran more screentime.
Mar 31, 2011 10:47 PM

Jul 2009
6/10 purely for FUCKING AMAZING HOT GIRLS!

Laura = Charlotte > Houki > Cecilia > Rin
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 31, 2011 11:14 PM
Apr 2010
sigh.......... disappointing, though not really surprising. I mean really, wtf was that.
1) The fighting scene kept getting interrupted. It's the last damn episode, FOCUS ON THE FIGHT
2) what in god's name was the meaning of that after-life, Clannad After Story alternate world? I was like "wtf is this shit!" every time it came up
3)Ichika, I want to kill you.... I really do. You don't deserve shit!!
4) Houki? REALLY?? From what I saw, Charlotte was the toast of the town!! Houki disappeared in the background!!! Plus that bit of her "birthday".... I facepalmed.

Such a bad ending... 6/10, and ONLY because it had awesome animation, and good amount of fanservice to at least keep the grudge away for some time. If only they gave more fanservice in the end. Would have given it a 7/10. =/
Mar 31, 2011 11:22 PM

Jun 2010
Hmmm.... Ok, Next please!

Mar 31, 2011 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
initially, I was thinking a 5/10... but there are 5/10's on my list that are better than this.... I give myself credit for making it through the end... fuck that, I am an idiot who should have dropped this 6 eps ago.... 2/10. ugh.
MusashiRoseSep 15, 2011 11:18 AM
Mar 31, 2011 11:50 PM

Oct 2010
Avarice said:
Kurogashi said:
Avarice said:
Oniikami said:

is that.. houkis sister?

Nope; that's the pilot of Silverio Gospel & US representative, Natasha Fairs.
It's an illustration from the 3rd light novel, an event that should have happened after the berserk IS was finally subdued.

So there is six girls in total ? lucky guy. really hated the series.
Mar 31, 2011 11:53 PM

Feb 2008
The last three episodes have been fucking horrendous. I didn't mind it so much when it was just a generic harem, but damn.

4/10
Apr 1, 2011 12:49 AM
Mar 2010
I sense a second season.

Was I the only one who was facepalming when they were about to kiss but smiled when they were interrupted? I'm glad it ended that way, Houki is IMO the worst of the five girls. Well, even if the LN's haven't ended yet, by the golden harem rule, the first girl always wins... With exceptions like Ichigo 100% of course.
Apr 1, 2011 1:10 AM
Aug 2010
Houki ending was the only good thing to happen in the last two episodes. Houki and Laura >> Charlotte.

Really though, this was a generic, bad show that had enough entertainment value to keep me watching through the end. Most likely won't bother with the second season even if they decide to make it.

4/10
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.