Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2011 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
OK. Its mostly about the men. But you know what they say, behind every successful man there is a woman.

Reinhard would never have set out to conquer the galaxy if Annerose didnt exist, and he may have faltered if hilda wasn't there to support him after the death of his long time girlfriend "Kircheis".

And the fate of Yang Wenli and co might have been bleaker if Fredrica wasn't there to lend them a helping hand.

And maybe Rubinsky wouldnt have been such a tough son of a bitch without Dominique.

There may be far fewer female characters, but there's no doubt that they played as big a role in making history as the male characters.

So which one is your fav, and why?
and tell me If I've missed anyone, I can add more options

eyerokMar 26, 2011 12:56 PM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 25, 2011 10:45 AM
Nov 2010
Where is Kircheis in your list? I vote for her !
Mar 25, 2011 10:55 AM

Jun 2009
It's kind of a tie between Hilda and Fredrica, so I won't be voting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 25, 2011 11:49 AM

May 2010
What about Reinhardo-sama? He is the prettiest of them all!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 25, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:

He's the manliest pretty boy of them all, so it cancels his bishounen status out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 25, 2011 12:17 PM

May 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Confucius said:

He's the manliest pretty boy of them all, so it cancels his bishounen status out.

You tell me who is prettier in this picture

Mar 25, 2011 12:25 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
insan3soldiern said:
Confucius said:

You tell me who is prettier in this picture

Stoooop picking on meee!!!

Reinhard I guess but, for the sake of argument, I don't find Hilde unattractive. Plus she does have the advantage, and this is big to me, of having a Vagina.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 25, 2011 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
Yes my vote goes for Reinhardo-sama :3
Mar 25, 2011 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
LOL. NOt to mention the fact how awesome she looks in the shower
*nosebleed*
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 25, 2011 12:35 PM

May 2010
eyerok said:
*nosebleed*

I've never seen Reinhardo-sama in the shower before, actually I have never seen any LoGH shower scenes
Mar 25, 2011 1:00 PM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
eyerok said:
*nosebleed*

I've never seen Reinhardo-sama in the shower before, actually I have never seen any LoGH shower scenes

Hilda was the only one they showed having a shower. I cant believe you forgot it so easily dude!
(There was no frontal nudity though)
Mar 25, 2011 1:26 PM

May 2010
eyerok said:
Confucius said:
eyerok said:
*nosebleed*

Hilda was the only one they showed having a shower. I cant believe you forgot it so easily dude!
(There was no frontal nudity though)

Oh right, after that very night...
Mar 25, 2011 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
Too bad only Shenkopp gets a hentai scene :(

It was in one of gaidens IIRC.
Mar 25, 2011 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
I'll go for the Yang Stalker, because I can identify with her *gg*
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 26, 2011 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
orzel286 said:
Too bad only Shenkopp gets a hentai scene :(

Yeah, I actually saw that scene three times because I couldn't believe I was watching Lotgh and I was making sure if I was streaming the right anime.

Or atleast that's my 'official' reason...
Mar 26, 2011 1:54 PM
Nov 2010
FUCKING PUT THAT IN SPOIL

I haven't watched that yet.

Jesus christ, the only fan service episode in LOGH and I had to be spoiled

Thank you very much.
Mar 26, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
SuperSaiyen said:
FUCKING PUT THAT IN SPOIL

I haven't watched that yet.

Jesus christ, the only fan service episode in LOGH and I had to be spoiled

Thank you very much.

There's this one episode about history where there are fat chicks dancing naked. So yeah.
I had fun once and it was awful.
Mar 26, 2011 4:41 PM
Nov 2010
I was talking about the Shenkopp hentai scene :/
Mar 26, 2011 4:47 PM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:

Just so you know, they are very much exaggerating when they call it a hentai scene. Don't get your hopes up to much.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2011 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
insan3soldiern said:
SuperSaiyen said:

Just so you know, they are very much exaggerating when they call it a hentai scene. Don't get your hopes up to much.

There is a scene with naked fat chicks dancing.

WHY NO ONE REMEMBERS THIS.

IT WAS FUCKING HOT
I had fun once and it was awful.
Mar 27, 2011 1:46 PM
Nov 2010
I remember, but that's in the 110 OVA series. I already finished that.
Mar 27, 2011 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
kilmindaro said:
insan3soldiern said:
SuperSaiyen said:

IT WAS FUCKING HOT

Dude I'm totally with you. That was by far the best scene of lotgh. Seriously, not even the Reinhard X yang meeting or ep 83 death scene or the ending came close to the awesomeness of that one scene with those naked, hot, fat chicks dancing in front of drunk-shitless men. Brilliant stuff. Just brilliant....
Mar 27, 2011 2:36 PM
Nov 2010
I'm starting to wonder why LOGH is not popular.

Look, you have fan service : Fat Ladies and "hentai scene"

Yang get's a Harem eventually (A DESERVED ONE I MIGHT ADD)

Oberstein is like QB from Madoka, only he's human.

you have yaoi parings for the fangirls

you have bishounen who talk deep stuff which is what the fangirls usually want

you have old school PEW PEW PEW PEW space battles for the space battle fanboys

you have Julian X whatshername pairing in the last seasons for those who like random teenage romance

you have very bloody and gruesome episodes for fans of gore

you have badass who fight with axes for those who like brainless action

and probably other awesome stuff I forgot...
Mar 27, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2008
wow, you put in a lot of thought to that. You forgot the right conclusion to the seemingly neverending tea Vs Coffee debate, btw.

in any case, the problem is that all those points get negated by the fact that its an extremely cultured/intelligent series. And since its a fact that the whole of human race is heading fast towards deculturalisation (or 'degeneration'), its understandable why lotgh isnt popular; Its not some mainstream garbage that would appeal to every other hobo out there. Its for people with good, manly taste

damn, thats the most eletist thing I've said in weeks....
Mar 27, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2009
Great post eyerok, except for the "manly" thing. Why is it that that word always annoys me?

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2011 2:59 PM
Nov 2010
Maybe cause you like Clannad :D
Mar 27, 2011 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:

I'll admit that that may be true. I also think Honey and Clover, Nana, Aria, and a few other less than manly anime are some of the best in the media.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Great post eyerok, except for the "manly" thing. Why is it that that word always annoys me?

probably because it sounds sexist. i wouldnt normally use the word "manly" to describe it though, becaase it gives a false impression that its mostly for adult males, which isnt quite true.
Mar 27, 2011 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
insan3soldiern said:
SuperSaiyen said:

I'll admit that that may be true. I also think Honey and Clover, Nana, Aria, and a few other less than manly anime are some of the best in the media.

If Aria isn't manly!!
But hey, I've enjoyed Princess Tutu very much and it's 1/3rd about ballet, so let's set the manly argument aside *gg*.

However I still think the main reasons for it's unpopularity are:

1. Oldness (70% of people are turned off by that. Just take a look at the forum, many people don't watch anything pre 2003, soon it's gonne be 2005, 2007 etc...)
2. Length (Another 25% are turned off by the amount of episodes the main series and the franchise has. Seriously, most people don't have it in them to last for more than 13 episodes, because they're used to characters and storylines that can barely keep your attention longer than that)

The remaining 5% Are potential LOGH fans, and I think of those 5% the majority could enjoy it, because your average moefag fanboy is already turned off by 1. or 2., before he even gets to the point where he informs himself about a plot.

I swear, if the 4 Seasons would be seperatly in the DB and if they were post 2000 there would be a lot more fans, even if everything else stayed exactly the same.
Mar 27, 2011 5:35 PM
Nov 2010
I think the only way to remove this old art phobia is for people to (re)watch their old favorites from the 90s or at least experiment some old anime from the 90s (btw, any good anime from the 90s I should watch?)

it worked with me. Now I'm currently planning to rewatch all my favorites from the 90s.

Also, I don't get why people are put off by Length. Nobody is forcing them to watch it in 1 days. It's like people watch anime just for the sake of watching something, not for... you know, ENTERTAINEMENT.
Mar 27, 2011 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:
I think the only way to remove this old art phobia is for people to (re)watch their old favorites from the 90s or at least experiment some old anime from the 90s (btw, any good anime from the 90s I should watch?)

it worked with me. Now I'm currently planning to rewatch all my favorites from the 90s.

Also, I don't get why people are put off by Length. Nobody is forcing them to watch it in 1 days. It's like people watch anime just for the sake of watching something, not for... you know, ENTERTAINEMENT.

You misspelled entertainment. Otherwise, you got a few good points. Supersaiyen has leveled up as an Elitist!

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 27, 2011 6:21 PM

Feb 2005
SuperSaiyen said:
It's also quite humorous to see people complaining about that when they've already watched stuff like Naruto, Bleach, etcetera. Sure, I suppose the "threat" of a very long series is mitigated to some extent when they've been watching it from the start, but at least LoGH has the benefit of being long but without any fillers or unnecessary padding.
Mar 28, 2011 7:51 AM

Feb 2010
Well, the thing is, that if you start a long series you "bind" yourself to the series for a much longer time, than you do when starting an 11 episode series. For example I can finish a 6/10 series easily if it's short, but if it's too long I would have to force myself to finish it. That's how far I can understand them. And that's why I only start long series if I am a) very sure I will like them after thorough research or b) They don't have much of a continuous plot (like Gintama).

And the Bleach/Naruto Argument doesn't count, as most people started them long ago and since then have been watching only the new episode each week, which doesn't "pressure" one as much as 100+ episodes already out and subbed just waiting to be watched, as you've said Baman.

Not saying that it's logical, but that it's human psychology.

If I don't fall for a new, long series during the first 5 episodes or so, it will probably hang around my PTW list for like forever (see Maison Ikkoku). The alternative is that I finish them in a few weeks (LOGH, HxH).

So when we're at the topic right now, I was thinking about starting Hajime no Ippo and/or Yu Yu Hakusho, but both are very long too. Anyone can especially recommend/unrecommend one of those? (I don't take being ontopic too serious, sorry for that ^^).
Mar 28, 2011 8:21 AM
Nov 2010
[offtopic] Try YYK, it's as generic as shounen gets but it's very manly! Hajime no Ippo has been on my HDD for a long time and I hear good things about it [/offtopic]

And the Bleach/Naruto Argument doesn't count, as most people started them long ago and since then have been watching only the new episode each week, which doesn't "pressure" one as much as 100+ episodes already out and subbed just waiting to be watched, as you've said Baman.

Not really. I know they're weekly but I just can't stand Naruto and Bleach right now so I dropped them. I don't really see where's the pressure either. You can always watch 1 ep per day or per week, you'll eventually finish it if you like it. If you hate it, just drop it. But don't blame the number of episodes.
Mar 28, 2011 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
Well, most people don't drop anime as easily, including me.
As for Naruto and Bleach I just skip the fillers, so I only watch like some episodes every few months ^^
Apr 3, 2011 12:01 AM

May 2009
eyerok said:
kilmindaro said:
insan3soldiern said:
SuperSaiyen said:

IT WAS FUCKING HOT

Dude I'm totally with you. That was by far the best scene of lotgh. Seriously, not even the Reinhard X yang meeting or ep 83 death scene or the ending came close to the awesomeness of that one scene with those naked, hot, fat chicks dancing in front of drunk-shitless men. Brilliant stuff. Just brilliant....

maybe no one remembers this is because some of us are trying to forget it....I think I went partially blind that day......
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Apr 3, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
yes, the blinding AWESOMENESS of it is undeniable...
Apr 7, 2011 4:39 AM

May 2010
For the choices listed, I can't choose between Hilda or Katerose, both are pretty awesome.

For someone that's not listed, there's Mittermeyer's wife, Evangeline as well as Reuenthal's woman, Elfriede.
May 16, 2011 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
Katerose ( emo teenager, snob, Casanova's daughter)

I like redheads,what!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kilmindaro said:
insan3soldiern said:
SuperSaiyen said:

IT WAS FUCKING HOT

oh I remember that scene...wow...talking about disturbing :P
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dusty's Favorite Anime list, Julian ( 1 2 )

Confucius - May 20, 2011

62 by Confucius »»
Apr 20, 2012 10:37 PM

Sticky: » Suggestions/improvements for club

Confucius - Mar 21, 2011

32 by Confucius »»
Oct 15, 2011 11:47 AM

Poll: » Emile vs lelouch

eyerok - Mar 30, 2011

19 by Confucius »»
Aug 19, 2011 7:08 AM

» Collecting LOGH quotes

Alcoholicide - Apr 29, 2011

20 by HydraA »»
Jun 24, 2011 5:39 AM

Poll: » Fav Op/Ed Combo?

eyerok - Mar 23, 2011

34 by eyerok »»
May 22, 2011 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.