Forum Settings
Forums

New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OVA Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 25, 2011 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
mellors said:
Interesting. Higurashi fanboy here so I'll be watching, filler crap or not lol.

Same here.
Mar 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
Yay more Higurashi! Cant wait to see what arc it's about. x3
Mar 25, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
The first volume will adapt the original software's Batsukoishi-hen storyline, while the remaining volumes will have all-new original stories.

There will be limited edition volumes with deluxe bonus extras, as well as regular edition volumes. The limited edition volumes will each have a "magical box" illustrated by Tomoyuki Abe (the character designer of the new anime), a tentatively titled "magical disc" CD with the ending theme and mini-drama, an original booklet with collaborative comics by famous creators, and a card for mail-away present. Buyers of all the volumes can receive a tapestry.

Ryukishi07/07th Expansion created the original story, and Toshifumi Kawase is again supervising the scripts. Hideki Tachibana is directing at Studio DEEN.

Mar 25, 2011 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome.
Mar 25, 2011 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
somebody better get killed in it or its gonna suck
Mar 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira".

So is Light gonna be in this or is someone else gonna have the Death Note?
Mar 25, 2011 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
so is it killer or kira as in sparkle.
Its probably going to be silly if I had to guess.
Mar 25, 2011 9:41 PM

Sep 2007
EqualizerIsDeath said:
The first volume will adapt the original software's Batsukoishi-hen storyline

Cool, then that's one less anime for me to watch!

Dropped before it even starts... impressive.
Mar 25, 2011 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Queen_Stars said:
Since it's an OVA of the original arc; I can imagine it being twisted. :D

...No, you see, that arc is about the Soul Brothers - K1/Ooishi/Tomitake/Irie :P (Remember the first episode of Rei? e__e)
Mar 26, 2011 4:19 AM

Aug 2010
Batsukoishi-hen ( "Penalty Loving Chapter")
A slapstick dream story in which Keiichi and the Soul Brothers fight against the girls by means of the club punishment games

From Higurashi When They Cry Wikapidia

Mar 26, 2011 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Oresund said:
i hate you people that only watch Higurashi for blood and gore and expect the same in this ova.

I completely agree. People that watch Higurashi for LOLKILLERLOLISXD are just... ugh.
Mar 26, 2011 6:35 AM
Jul 2009
I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. I'm really hoping it's not like the fanservice/"comedy" episodes of Rei, but if it were an actual story arc then waiting for several months until the next episode would kill.
Anyway, I'll definitely be watching it either way.
Mar 26, 2011 6:57 AM

Feb 2010
Am I the only one hoping that this new OVA covers the Miotsukushi-hen
Mar 26, 2011 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Auska-Neumaki said:
Am I the only one hoping that this new OVA covers the Miotsukushi-hen

no, you aren't the only one!! ^^ they should cover yoigoshi-hen too.
*waiting for UNKN Chiru... oyashiro will curse them if they don't animate chiru soon
Mar 26, 2011 7:34 AM

Sep 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I am excited if this is going to be an entire arc or something. If it is one episode it will probably be kind of a lame filler though, I never really cared for the humor in Higurashi.
i was going to say the exact same thing.
It better be bloody.
Mar 26, 2011 8:16 AM

Sep 2007
Oresund said:
i hate you people that only watch Higurashi for blood and gore and expect the same in this ova.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I watched Higurashi for the interesting plot and likable characters. I don't give two fucks about the amount of gore per episode (I mean, shit, was there any gore in Kai)?

The comedy in Higurashi is absolutely terrible, and that's why I won't be watching - at least the first episode of - this OVA.

To that end, Rei was boring as hell, not because no one died, but because nothing freakin' happened (in a literal sense, even) in the story portion and the two comedy episodes were just garbage. Umineko had tons of blood and gore, but it was still complete trash because, objectively, nearly everything was wrong with it.
PunishedHametsuMar 26, 2011 10:12 PM
Mar 26, 2011 9:39 AM

Mar 2011
Yay, more Higurashi :3 Hopefully this isn't like Rei.. I mean Rei was good, but it was kinda pointless. I'm kinda hoping that each chara (Mion, Rena, Satoko and Rika) get an episode more about their past.. Especially Rena. There's hints at her past but it would be nice to actually watch it.
If this ends up being a Keichi related OVA, I will probably murder someone. He's the most useless character in the series >.<
Mar 26, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2009
Awesomness. Can't wait, KEEEEEEICHI, HAVE YOU EATEN YET?
あらあら。。。
Mar 26, 2011 10:21 AM
Sep 2009
I really need to finish up S2 of Higurashi and Kei...will probably watch.
Mar 26, 2011 12:29 PM

Jun 2010
Woo! More Higurashi!

I really don't care if it's something like Rei, I just hope it's closer to Kai (Or even something like Saikoroshi-hen in Rei!)

I'm just glad more Higurashi is coming out, Especially after I've gone through all the Higurashi Visual Novels!
Mar 26, 2011 6:01 PM
Jul 2009
I just thought of something. What if they animated Hanyyu's backstory from the DS games? That'd be pretty cool. Well as long as it isn't pointless like Rei, and even if it is, i'll be watching it.
Mar 26, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2010
THESE IDIOTS
Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai had the perfect ending. The series needn't say any more. Then they made Rei, it was an abomination, and I really like to pretend it never happened. It made me hate the characters that I once was so attached to.

I guess I'll still watch it. I hope it does some justice to what was an amazing series, and doesn't ruin everything AGAIN.
Mar 26, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2010
Rei might just be from the fan disc, but wasn't Saikoroshi still canon? (I think I heard that Daybreak was ascended to canon afterwords, but meh.)
Mar 26, 2011 10:14 PM

Oct 2009
Hell yeah!!
Mar 27, 2011 1:51 AM

Jan 2008
=D
I hate how OVA episodes are so spread out though.
Mar 27, 2011 4:27 AM

May 2010
Tsk. I don't care what this is about!

IT'S HIGURASHI.
EPIC SHIT, NO MATTER WHAT!
More Keiichi, Mion, Rika, all of them. <3
Hell I'm excited! :DD

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Mar 27, 2011 7:54 AM

Jun 2007
junmisugi84 said:
@Foggle

xD I think you are another idiot. ^^ Umineko is not pointless. It's the most genius thing ever. Just read the vn, otherwise, shut the hell up. Much more complex than Higurashi and just because you didn't get it, it's not a trash.

I'm pretty sure he's played the visual novel. And as someone else who's played the VN, the anime was complete and utter tripe, and thats what he means. I'm surprised that someone who has a Dlanor sig is defending that abomination that I pretend never existed.
Mar 27, 2011 8:17 AM

Sep 2007
Megadedhed said:
junmisugi84 said:
@Foggle

xD I think you are another idiot. ^^ Umineko is not pointless. It's the most genius thing ever. Just read the vn, otherwise, shut the hell up. Much more complex than Higurashi and just because you didn't get it, it's not a trash.

I'm pretty sure he's played the visual novel. And as someone else who's played the VN, the anime was complete and utter tripe, and thats what he means. I'm surprised that someone who has a Dlanor sig is defending that abomination that I pretend never existed.

Thanks for being a bro, Megadedhed!

Yep, I was referring to the Umineko anime, since this is an anime site and the subject of this news is about a new anime series based on a visual novel. I was strictly weighing the merits of the anime adaptations here, not the source material. :D

That said, I'm not a big fan of the Umineko VN, but I do think it's good and well-done, for the most part! Definitely much better than the anime, and totally worth reading if you like visual novels and such (I'm just not really that big a fan of the medium).
Mar 27, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Wow! It's a fantastic news!!*-*

I can't wait to see them.
Mar 27, 2011 10:43 AM

Aug 2009
more Higurashi is always welcome :D

Mar 27, 2011 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
YES!!!
I Love Higurashi! Can't wait to watch this!
Anata wa kyou de Mayuyu oshi! - "Team B Oshi" from Team B 5th Stage "Theater no megami"
Mar 28, 2011 7:30 PM
Oct 2010
Will Satoshi and Keiichi finally meet?
Mar 28, 2011 7:36 PM

Feb 2010
junmisugi84 said:
No, now 'you' listen to me, 'IDIOT'. They don't 'say any more' in Rei anyways. It's just a 'Fan Disc' for entertainment. It's not the third season or anything. Got it? Idk if you've read the visual novels but if you haven't... Then I don't need to say more.

Hey asshole, I simply expressed my opinion on what I believe. And no, not having read the visual novel does not disqualify from stating my opinion on the ANIME. Please quit with your elitist attitude.
Mar 28, 2011 8:03 PM
Oct 2010
skutieos said:
junmisugi84 said:
No, now 'you' listen to me, 'IDIOT'. They don't 'say any more' in Rei anyways. It's just a 'Fan Disc' for entertainment. It's not the third season or anything. Got it? Idk if you've read the visual novels but if you haven't... Then I don't need to say more.

Hey asshole, I simply expressed my opinion on what I believe. And no, not having read the visual novel does not disqualify from stating my opinion on the ANIME. Please quit with your elitist attitude.
skutieos said:
junmisugi84 said:

Skutieos, Jummi is just a troll.
Mar 28, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2009
junmisugi84 said:
memorieswithin said:
=D
I hate how OVA episodes are so spread out though.

How so? :)
Kira OVA has 4 episodes and they go from Jul 21, 2011 to Jan 25, 2012. No one wants to wait 2 or so months between each episode...
Mar 28, 2011 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
junmisugi84 said:
@Sereniama

Who the fuck are you, bitch? :) Tell me, why am I a troll? You don't know any fuck about Higurashi and just bitchin'. He is an idiot because he doesn't even know Rei is not the 3rd season. I just wanted to tell this. I don't give a damn whether he reads it or not. It's his choice. But fuckin brats better shut up if they know nothing about Higurashi storyline, arcs and lots of things about it. Higurashi is not only an anime, ok? You bitches are here to talk about Rei or Kira? Who is a troll, huh? :) Just get the fuck out of here and bash Rei somewhere else. If I was really an elitist, then I wouldn't waste my precious time with you shitty brats. Go watch Pokémon or sth. Higurashi is not for you. ^^
umad?

I saw Higurashi and Umineko, so watch it man.
Mar 29, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
Happy face!
Mar 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
Hopefully there's no silly one episode stories like Rei. I'll be looking forward to this.
Mar 29, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
Unexpected and great news! I thought Higurashi is over completely, but it was wrong thoughts.

What it would be? If not a humourous fillers, then maybe another, 'unreleased' iteration withing that hundred of years. Or, what is more interesting, some new adventure of Rika or other kids, probably related to the virus.
Mar 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
I'm so excited for this! It's gonna be a painful wait for each episode though. ^^;
Mar 30, 2011 5:08 PM
Jan 2011
YEEEEY! Can't wait for July. I want more higurashi (:
Apr 1, 2011 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
Kira = Glitter. damn.
Apr 2, 2011 6:14 PM
Oct 2008
junmisugi84 said:
Wha? :) Check my profile, I watched them long time ago, unlike you, who watched Umineko 8 hours ago. :)

Yes, you 'saw' them. But I doubt you understand the plot. That's why I'm saying the visual novels 'should' be read.

Wtf, are you a joke? :) Who is the troll here? :) Are you here just to insult me?

And @skutieos, couldn't you 'express' your opinions without using harsh remarks? Who started all this 'IDIOT' thing? I'm not here to fight. It's KIRA topic, right? Not Rei Haters place. You may not like it, I like it, so what? What annoyed me was your insults. So please let's stop this childish discussion.

Wow I love how on this website most people find something stupid to argue with every news update ^_^

junmisugi84 said:
xD I think you are another idiot. ^^ Umineko is not pointless. It's the most genius thing ever. Just read the vn, otherwise, shut the hell up. Much more complex than Higurashi and just because you didn't get it, it's not a trash.]

... something stupid every single time
Apr 3, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
seishi-sama said:
synaesthesia said:
I'll watch if it's not just some random filler crap.

Wait...isn't the whole Higurashi series a random filler crap? I mean, this whole concept has an infinite possibilities for producing millions of unrelated arcs, but fanboys would still keep saying there's some extremely clever plot in there.

Im kind of thinking the apposite of what you said. I get fed up about so many "manga fanboys" that consider everything that is unrelated to the manga, "crap". Its ironic because i bet if some one didn't know they were watching filler, in this case, "higurashi no naka koro nii" they would have a whole different outlook on the series.

Personally i didn't think the first season was filler, because each short story was done very well in that series even though it was in a episodic format.

People they rate stuff poorly just for the fact that it is filler, needs to have more of an open mind to things. Mai hime was basely all filler as well, it had nothing to do with the manga, but the anime adaptation was much better then the manga in my opinion.

Full metal alchemist which apparently "used" to be one of the greater series has fallen in ratings just because they finally adapted the manga counterpart, "brotherhood" which apparently is much greater. Personally i think Studio bones success in creating the FMA anime, was actually done better then brotherhood in some ways. Yet people are giving it lower scores now cause there comparing it to the manga and how its unrelated. I tell you people these days, need to stop having the "if its not manga, then it sucks" attitude.

I will agree that some filler is horrible of course. But ive seen how the fanbase on series have changed drastically.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2011 3:19 PM

Apr 3, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2007
junmisugi84 said:
Agreed. But;

Higurashi is not a manga adaptation. Also, there is not any filler episode in the anime first season. Higurashi Kai's (anime) first episode (SaiKai) is filler. The arc (Yakusamashi-hen) after that episode is kind of filler. But not exactly. It is the compilation of some parts of some arcs in the vn. Kai (anime) ending (Bernkastel & Miyoko scene) is filler, too. And, Rei is not filler.

That is mostly why im not much of a manga reader. It ruins the over all enjoyment of watching anime because im trying to compare every little detail to the manga. I do read some manga, but mostly on going manga series that are never adapted. Or like in the case of full metal panic, ill read beyond what has already been adapted because im curious as to how the story will finish. Or like D gray man, which we all know is probably never going to get an anime adapatation any time soon so ill read that. But in most cases, i watch anime, then read manga.

In away it kind of tricks your mind up and you end up giving something low scores because your not really focusing on the story at hand as much cause always thinking that the manga is superior. When i give ratings on shows, i give them based on the anime only. Then ill read the manga and go back and say oh yeah that is definitely better, but what i don;t contradict my self in changing the ratings just because i read the manga afterwards.

Yeah thats what i thought, glad i was correct. The first season just felt like it so well put together as far as story and character development.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2011 9:42 PM

Apr 4, 2011 6:48 AM
Nov 2009
New OVA series? Nice...
Apr 4, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
Wow junmisugi84, you are really being a gigantic faggot. What's wrong with people giving their opinion on Higurashi and Umineko's anime and VN? There's no need to attack them and act like a 14 year old 'cause their opinions differ from yours.

And stop triple or quadruple posting. There's an edit button, y'know.
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
If this is going to be anything like the first season:
Apr 5, 2011 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
^Lol xD
------------

This going to be so nice :D

Apr 5, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
More insanity puriizu.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
51 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.