Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 4, 2011 10:07 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Excellent background information and excellent action. Folks that have made it this so far will see that action and pace pick up around here. They did a splendid job on the fight with the Novas in the second half. I think that is the first thing that is worth remarking the details of but first I liked the blow exchange of younger Bridgette with Cathy,

that was great as well as that part in the first half of the episode.

About Pandoras VS 4 Type S Novas, finally what most people have been waiting for, a actual fight and I for one was damn glad in the manga as it happened. Randomly let me congratulate all non manga readers who made it this far, your patience will only get rewarded in the upcoming episodes. This I know as a manga reader. Expect lots of blood and gore. The beginning of the fight was the start of the principal’s fear coming through. A confirmed on screen 4 Nova Type-S comes and quite frankly a radar working on them to be detected still surprises me as usually these kind of life forms are hard to detect and only EVA made me believe in their detection as more of a realism of the possibilities and it looks like there is a control center to monitor all this. I found it kind of useless but a nice try to have AH-1 Cobras with hellfires to fire them at the Novas for some spectacular explosion. It amounted to the Novas creating some kind of nova explosion that spread like a wave and IMO disintegrates or transmutes the helicopters into the end result of blowing up with most likely anyone inside being dead. Guess after that it did not take long to get the big conference going whom I think there may be over 100 Pandoras of 3rd year or higher among them going Cathy Lockhart is there.

The Novas although for a first time in real time not past tense nor simulation wise are rather quite large and have very dangerous tentacles like that can cut you in Swiss cheesed slices. I did like how they got the nasty surprise from Pandoras fighting them with gratuitous panty shots in the spoiler
as well as freezers doing their job despite knowing fully the can get diced as Marine’s past showed. They still have their weakness of having their core at the same place, kind of lame when in EVA the enemy always shifted their weakness. However that changes and surprises me in the same the manga did. In fact it made me like “Oh shit! Incoming mega beam blast!” Indeed the Novas have a beam type weapon that last I remember has a power of 80 000 Mega Watts in the spoiler
that resulted in lots of shit. This includes something else that stands out in this series other than the fan service in the spoiler
that of gore and blood! For that moment I can say “Fuck the ecchi and this is the shit!” Anyone else? What happens next shocked in the manga but more in the anime because of how it was portrayed. Now at first Cathy being enrolled with their tentacles alike things may make think of tentacle abuse of some kind.

Make no mistake the assimilation shown here and most of all of Cathy was gruesomely shown. Not only that but it was disgusting more in the anime than the manga because of the red lines outlining their bodies but also due to their facial expressions as well as the animation of them being swallowed up. Despite that they still put in fan service of Cathy in large plan and some of the other girls but the thing is that it was not shown in any sexual form at all since Novas are not your average hentai monsters that abuse these girls for lust. In fact find out next episode what it really does.

About Cathy Lockhart, in the beginning with her Limiter she was quite the interest. Knowing now that she has 5 stigmatas in the spoiler
all linked nicely, makes her not that far from the 6 ones of other pandoras. Breast wise TBH they aren’t that big nor too small like Simmons. Meet the best simulation around in East genetics with reproducing Nova attacks that do have kind of like claws. Cathy did not lose time to show what she’s got going from a triple Accel to quad Accel that was wonderfully shown minus the rainbow effect and so the Novas are gone like most simulation are meant to work. I like Cathy’s ass but also her blades are nice. Cathy’s faces in the spoiler
are really cute and positive. However where her decision to stop being a Pandora due to her future goal and her past encounter with Bridgette is lame! Lame! I can’t believe she would be such a scary cat! She has a 90% compatible rate! Marine would dream of having that! This is totally unbelievable to quit only because of that, I can let the novel future goal slip by but getting intimidated by Bridgette to give up would make Creo and Arnett ashamed.

As Cathy tells her story, I guess it is faithful to the manga being that of her witnessing that mashing of a the Limiter trying to approach Bridgette. Cathy’s fear was well shown in front Bridgette. What most likely scared her was Bridgette determination in getting up after being slashed and heavily wounded by Cathy. IMO I wish Cathy was not that badly traumatized by all this but alas she still did great on the battlefield with the Novas with her quad Accel in the spoiler
despite timing it badly to be pushed away by its tentacles. I still liked the very little fan service I got from her in the form of breasts, ass and a nice behind view in the locker room as well as her profile in the spoiler
whom was nice to know she is from the USA and ROFL @ not knowing her weak touch point although food is not coke but coke is beverage less it was supposed to be cake.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, look forward to it you all because there will be more Novas smashing! A resolution of Bridgette to get solved. Most of all to find out what the Nova assimilation does. BTW this week’s art is surprisingly that of the principal in the spoiler
Discuss of the new girl and the fight, IMO she looks damn hot and strong.
Yumekichi11Mar 5, 2011 4:14 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 5, 2011 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
i was looking forward seeing the top pandoras as what i've red on the manga, but too bad they didnt show them! OTL anyways this is a great episode... waiting for the subs as i dont understand what kazuya said to make satellizer drop those hamburgers... xD
chaelmiiMar 5, 2011 6:02 AM
Mar 5, 2011 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
bad timing for Satellizer, lol at Lana just chilling while everyone is panicking...
QueueQMar 5, 2011 8:51 PM
Mar 5, 2011 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
chaelmi said:

satellizer took their conversation that the reason why kazuya applied to the partner of satellizer is just she looks like kazuya's elder sister.
though kazuya doesn't declare it.
kazuya... annoying...

episode was 4/5 ,7/10
this show doesnt need ero, i think
Mar 5, 2011 11:22 AM

Feb 2008
chaelmi said:
i was looking forward seeing the top pandoras as what i've red on the manga, but too bad they didnt show them! OTL anyways this is a great episode... waiting for the subs as i dont understand what kazuya said to make satellizer drop those hamburgers... xD

she dropped them because she thinks he only became her partner because she received his sisters stigmas. another words, its not because he likes her. this is a deviation from the manga though. or did i miss it?
Mar 5, 2011 11:27 AM

Sep 2007
That was a very good episode.
I think they will finish with the volume 6.
Mar 5, 2011 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Fighting versus novas is intense!! I got nerd chills down my spine. Superb
Mar 5, 2011 12:27 PM

Sep 2007
I definitely don't recall Kazuya being this big of of a sis-con in the manga. It just makes him a complete little bitch.

Shame they didn't reiterate more on the top Pandoras around the world. I guess that it's somewhat useless information since the show is ending soon.
Mar 5, 2011 12:29 PM

Sep 2007
I definitely don't recall Kazuya being this big of of a sis-con in the manga. It just makes him a complete little bitch.

Shame they didn't reiterate more on the top Pandoras around the world. I guess that it's somewhat useless information since the show is ending soon.
Mar 5, 2011 12:32 PM

Sep 2007

Mar 5, 2011 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
This was a pretty nice episode and we finally got to see the girls fight a Nova instead of themselves.
Cathy is a very humble girl and her biggest weakness from what i am able to tell is that she underestimates herself allot.
She acknowledges the fact that she is scared but most people are scared to enter battle especially for the first time.
She also seems to have a major Bridgette complex and really seems to acknowledge her.
That both she and Bridgette got Stigma's from Aoi sister is a surprise it makes me wonder what happened to the remaining 11 Stigma's of his sister.

Bridgette finding out why Aoi was so interested in her came as a shock to her tho his way of saying it was kind of crude and he could have put it in a different way.
Since the Stigma's of his sister didn't have anything to do with it till now, since he just learned about them.
And i wonder what it will mean for next week.

The Nova fight was nice and different from what i expected it's nice to see them finally focusing on the main enemy and not each other.
The cliffhanger was also pretty good.
By the way is it just me or does every Anime this week end with a trilling Cliffhanger?
Mar 5, 2011 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
man That Battle was intense I cant wait for more, I felt kinda bad for satellizer though

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 2011 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
You think? I know it does not need, well at least the cloth ripping, I can live with pageant stuff. This episode as I mentioned did excellent with the minimal fan service it offered. That's how it should be.

Mar 5, 2011 1:12 PM

May 2010
HOLY SHIT. It was really intense. This show at first I was thinking, what a typical fighting ecchi. It does have some differences to some, and this show is almost so terribly bad that it becomes good.
Mar 5, 2011 1:15 PM

Apr 2010
Manga didt annoy me like this did at least in manga kazuhai(spelled wrong)
didt upset satella
Mar 5, 2011 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Randomly let me congratulate all non manga readers who made it this far, your patience will only get rewarded in the upcoming episodes. This I know as a manga reader. Expect lots of blood and gore.

Why thank you, except I have been enjoying this show from episode 1.

Cathy was nice character and it sucks that she got gobbled up already. Hopefully the show follows the romance formula where Kazuya and Sattella make up over what Kazuya said and what she heard. Anyways, Yumekichi11 always says it best:
Yumekichi11 said:
You made her cry you little young shit! Now make up damn it!
Mar 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Sep 2009
I agree with thinking that Cathy's resolution dropping after her fight with Satela was lame. I mean honestly. It's just way too anticlimactic. orz

Hohum, next episode looks spiff. That's what I always say buuut. xD
Mar 5, 2011 2:22 PM

Sep 2009
Fuck. I want to kill scenarists. They don't change story much (as always in this show) but they changed two general moments for worse.

1) WTF they made with Kathy's story. Why they cut "confession scene" and changed her dream from "I want to marry and have children" to "I want to become a writer". Kyouichi is still in anime so making this small tragic romance story would be better than adding this filler affection of Kazuya. (((

2) WTF they made with Kazuya's answer about "Would you be fighting for her?". They make him look like an idiot with such answer. Addition forced drama was not needed here (((
Mar 5, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
That was a truly terrific episode and definitely raised my views of Freezing. Personally I really enjoyed how things progressed, to finally see how the academy was not all superior and that lots of the task-force was wiped out so easily from just one of FOUR! novas.

But the way the nova seems to absorb the girls and dominate their stigma really intrigues me, can't wait for more.
Mar 5, 2011 3:22 PM
Aug 2007
I believe that all the building up to this fight they have been doing was well worth it, making the end result that much better. I do hope that they do a second season of this, and that they dont simply end it here. While I have not read the manga, and if someone could speak up if this is true or not, I would like to think that they are providing enough space for the manga to be published so that they can keep filler/fluff to a minimum.
Mar 5, 2011 3:34 PM

Aug 2010
Oi, nova war just got real. Pretty intense fight there.

Mar 5, 2011 3:36 PM

Nov 2010
Hell yea this was a good episode. its a shame most people wont give this series a chance because of the fanservice. They see boobs and immediately think it sucks. Well this is definitely no ikkitousen, im loving this series so far.
Mar 5, 2011 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
Poor Cathy.
Mar 5, 2011 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
-quadra kill...I mean quadruple accel ;p (too much lol)
-bla bla bal,who cares what ya want,just die & stfu..oh, & give back Kazuya those stigma ;p
-and let me guess,another girl fell in love with him..boring harem,so predictable
-uuouou enemy's coming,and there's moar than one...it'll be fun
-this scene:enemy approached>enemy destroyed some faggots>"oh noes,conventional weapon doesn't work against them"(they already know that ;p)>soo,we fucked up reminds me Evangelion & angel's atack.
-if normal weapon is useless...let's go & die ;p
-yep,one hit and they all just died,heh so funny,their shouts and screams turn me on
-little bit of drama,i like when he absorbed them, power up? "gz, You’ve Reached the Next lvl" ;p
-i'm looking dorward for the next ep,fights may be pretty good,I hope so.

Mar 5, 2011 4:37 PM

Mar 2009
Kazuya is one of the most rage inducing male MC i've seen in a while and i guess they accomplished their mission of making watchers FEEL, not just think. タナシン

Mar 5, 2011 4:42 PM

Nov 2009
kisami said:
she dropped them because she thinks he only became her partner because she received his sisters stigmas. another words, its not because he likes her. this is a deviation from the manga though. or did i miss it?
Yep, nothing like this in the manga occurred(Kazuya doesn't know anything about Kazuha stigmas). Don't really understand why all the unnecessary changes, why Millenia is made a teacher while she was a 4rd year in the manga, not to mention the fact Kazuya first meet Lockhart when she was in already in Nova form attacking west genetics. The most annoying thing was lowering the gore :/ because of this the fight didn't really felt like the total annihilation of the Pandora Platoon, which it was. On the bright side, they did a good job on the sounds the Nova make.
Mar 5, 2011 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
I definitely don't recall Kazuya being this big of of a sis-con in the manga.
I don't remember that one too so they did make him more caring in remembering about his sister.
Aversa said:
This was a pretty nice episode and we finally got to see the girls fight a Nova instead of themselves.
It was about time they did that, it was starting to get ridiculous as a setup to make Bridgette stronger and exceed her current level all to show that personality of hers.
Aversa said:
Cathy is a very humble girl and her biggest weakness from what i am able to tell is that she underestimates herself allot.

Perhaps but maybe that's because she knows herself a lot more and thus knows that Bridget may be a better example than her to other Pandoras as the others do expect Cathy to show them the way of the legendary Pandora Kazuha even though she does not have the qualities to do so.
Aversa said:
She acknowledges the fact that she is scared but most people are scared to enter battle especially for the first time.
Not Bridgette and that's why since she thinks that she cannot get that skill is why she has no confidence in herself.
Aversa said:
That both she and Bridgette got Stigma's from Aoi sister is a surprise it makes me wonder what happened to the remaining 11 Stigma's of his sister.
Makes me wonder too, who has them and all. I would like it if the 6 ones from Rana are also from Kazuha.

Mar 5, 2011 5:26 PM
May 2010
Jesus, shit just got real.
The last 4 episodes I just marathoned were full of mediocrity, but things are finally getting interesting. I was wondering what those alien things were busy doing...
Mar 5, 2011 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
First of all....CASSIE not CATHY, japan fucked up the name with the katakana...as usual. And I wasn't expecting her to be killed so easily(if she really is).

I'm also quite surprised that Satella's feelings are so deep for Kazuya at this point. I thought she considered him a good friend she could trust that would evolve into attraction, but she took that news pretty hard, almost like she's in full blown love with him. Kazuya didn't mean what he said in a negative way, the way he said it can be misunderstood though. He's sees the same good qualities of his sister in Satella, which is a good thing considering he really cared and admired her.
Mar 5, 2011 5:57 PM

Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
zimno said:
You think? I know it does not need, well at least the cloth ripping, I can live with pageant stuff. This episode as I mentioned did excellent with the minimal fan service it offered. That's how it should be.

Agreed, although it is nice as far as *realism*. I mean, most other shows would show only smoldering clothes or minor cuts to the clothing. I like how if something cuts or blasts at them that they are hurt or clothing is torn accordingly.

As a non-manga reader I must say I hope they continue in the direction they're going in the anime. If they ever go full on fan service or chibi it would ruin the whole show for me

This show has so much potential, depending on how these next three episodes pan out I'm hoping there is another season or two. I'll just have to wait and see.
Mar 5, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2008
Wow! Hmm..half of those things where new contend replacing the manga one. I don't know if that approach in personal relationships will prove as good but what disappointed me wasn't those plot changes but the fact that they didn't show the full Pandora soldiers fighting. They had such cool uniforms too. That teacher was cool wit that drill weapon too but in the anime she was just standing there doing nothing. It's stupid presenting it like the students are the main force. One of the soldier Pandoras also defeated one of the Novas in a cool scene and was too bad that nether that was there. They left out a lot of staff and Yumekichi11's comments are full of it.
Other than that they cut the usual bloody scenes as always happens when something appears on TV. Hands braking, getting cut, heads getting bind, legs missing and Cathy getting pierced before being assimilated was some of that.

Anyway to non manga viewers this episode will seem quite good and in general it was quite descent since they at least tried to focus even a little on the plot. They still threw naked boobs whenever they could but the places they showed them weren't working against what was happening so it wasn't bad this time.
Mar 5, 2011 6:21 PM

Dec 2008
Finally, the Nova!! Perhaps these girls will stop acting like prison chicks and start fighting the real enemy!
Mar 5, 2011 6:27 PM

Dec 2007
Talk about bad timing. Novas are invading and they drop a drama issue on Satellizer... Always so convenient :/.

Anyway, nice to seem some plot movement. Like many, I've been waiting on the evil monsters to come and wreck havoc for a while now. Though sad that they introduce a character just to have her killed off lol.

Oh and at first I thought the limiter at the start was Kazuya lol. Anyone else thought that? Character designs are too similar.

Yumekichi11 said:
However where her decision to stop being a Pandora due to her future goal and her past encounter with Bridgette is lame! Lame! I can’t believe she would be such a scary cat! She has a 90% compatible rate! Marine would dream of having that! This is totally unbelievable to quit only because of that, I can let the novel future goal slip by but getting intimidated by Bridgette to give up would make Creo and Arnett ashamed.

Scary things are scary =P.
Mar 5, 2011 7:12 PM
Jun 2008
best BGM ever during the battle, probably its the best I heard so far

posting in MAL has become difficult trial to accomplish...
Mar 5, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2010
As good ole' JR who used to announce on the WWF/WWE would say, "Business is about to pick up!" And it sure as hell did!
Mar 5, 2011 7:59 PM

Feb 2011

The words "charged particle cannon" came to mind when i saw this.

anyway about time we got to the novas.

I like how they still found time to be able to include fan service during the fights, keeps me entertained. XD
Mar 5, 2011 9:09 PM

Aug 2010
I don't think satellizer should be that upset just because he likes here because she reminds him of his sister. They changed the bad guys i knew about the Nova but i liked it better when they were fighting other girls. Too bad Cathy : (
Mar 5, 2011 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
The second i saw the word "retire" i was like: "Damn, i liked her, but she ain't makin it to the end of the show"
Mar 5, 2011 10:33 PM
Dec 2010
I am rather disappointed in this episodes.

It was a great episode, but the ending took a different path from the manga, which might me it intends to cut the manga's story short and close this excellent series in 12 episodes rather then 2-3+ seasons like it deserves.
Mar 6, 2011 12:06 AM
Jun 2008
Kugyuuuuuu!!!~~ ^^ the new seiyu is awesome

Hmm,a bit dissapointed since there is no cloth ripping during the battle, I guess only real battle involve in cloth ripping .The BGM during the fight is great, the best I heard so far
Mar 6, 2011 12:10 AM

Dec 2007
Ugh, another sis-con. There's way too many around of them recently.
Mar 6, 2011 12:14 AM

May 2008
awww Cathy was such an awesome character (and she had green hair ftw) oh well now i noe why i dun like giant robots lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 6, 2011 12:20 AM

Jun 2010
Much better episode compared to the previous ones, with slight changes.

I remember in the manga, Cathy had more emphasis in her background.
Mar 6, 2011 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, finally a satisfying episode. I'm reading the manga (well, manwha) and a lot of the eps were disappointing because they stray so far and added so much nonsense.

My only problem with episode 9 is how Bridgette overheard him talking about how he chose her because she looked like his sister. What does that have to do with anything? This is anime original, I hope they don't screw it up.
My tastes > your tastes.
Mar 6, 2011 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
Nova: SHOOP DA WHOOP!!!!!!!!!
Mar 6, 2011 1:59 AM

Feb 2010
it's just horrible how they change all the character not one come close to the orginal.....
Mar 6, 2011 2:15 AM

Feb 2010
aw. Cathy was pretty awesome too :(
Mar 6, 2011 2:27 AM

Jul 2009
Then there's the question of what'll happen to the assimilated Pandoras. Will they be 'spit out', but controlled by the Novas? Or perhaps, just stuck in the Novas, possibly making it harder for other Pandoras to attack. ( Haven't read the manga yet, but planning on it)

If Type-S Novas are the toughest type of Novas , then they're in for a hell of a battle.

Now I'm curious as to how the Novas will react to Kazuya, who has a freezing that resembles theirs.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 6, 2011 2:34 AM

Jul 2009
Argh what a cliff hanger, and just when things started to get serious as well xD

I'm not impressed by the Pandoras performances though.. really now like 8 of them against one Nova and they got completely annihilated.. Talk about a waste of training^^

And the crying and screaming may have been very dramatic and eery but not very warrior like.
Sad silly girls (^.^)
Mar 6, 2011 3:32 AM
Aug 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Fuck. I want to kill scenarists. They don't change story much (as always in this show) but they changed two general moments for worse.

1) WTF they made with Kathy's story. Why they cut "confession scene" and changed her dream from "I want to marry and have children" to "I want to become a writer". Kyouichi is still in anime so making this small tragic romance story would be better than adding this filler affection of Kazuya. (((

2) WTF they made with Kazuya's answer about "Would you be fighting for her?". They make him look like an idiot with such answer. Addition forced drama was not needed here (((

Man, I absolutely agree with you!! The battle is good but they messed up big time. Cassie's story was really sad and tragic in the manga but in the anime, they F*cked it up. Not to mention her blue hair is turned into green hair.... Kugimiya's voice does not fit Cassie at all...My God, they are rushing it, they missed a lot of material in the manga. Now, I seriously dunno if the upcoming episodes will be good..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.