Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2011 9:25 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Could it be? Ajimu or whatever her name is the true evil one?
Mar 1, 2011 11:22 PM

Jan 2010
Despite how bored I am of this manga now, Kumagawa did look pretty bad-ass just now. lol
Mar 2, 2011 5:11 AM
Aug 2009
If Ajimu is not a Plus or a Minus, could it be that she's empty?
Mar 2, 2011 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
Gagamaru has a fair point, there.
Mar 2, 2011 11:00 AM
Mar 2009
Kumagawa now shows complete emotion?

Looks like Ajimu is gonna be the next big, bad villain. Funny how they were talking about Shounen battle manga and this one follows the typical path of them to the core.
Mar 2, 2011 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
Might not be time for another big villain quite yet. Kumagawa still has a whole bunch of Minuses who haven't arrived to call on if this plan doesn't work.
Mar 4, 2011 9:23 AM

Sep 2009
finally kumagawa started to talk normally...didn't think it would ever happen.

but man, did his return looked badass!
Mar 5, 2011 5:19 PM

Nov 2008
SoFarGone said:

thats what i thought after reading this chapter, that Ajimu might be the final enemy after this is over

and Kumagawa's return was pretty badass
Mar 11, 2011 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
there, I colored the last page with the standoff between Medaka and Kumagawa....saw some pics from the next chapter in jap, and it's gonna be awesome!

Apr 15, 2011 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
Hohohohoho... Looks like the next bastard, the real bastard here is Ajimu.... Well what else did you expected since she holds so many minuses and pluses and is stuck there in the middle of Life and Death in the Limbo... Now I'm mor einterested in the origins of Ajimu than the final result of the Student Council Battles.... And it's indeed ironic, just like ChronosXIII says, that Medka Box totally follows all those staple rules for Shounen manga to the core... but hey that Isshin's comedy for you... I still love it

By the way I can't believe we finally see Kumagawa talking normally!!! He can't talk like a decent person!!! Never thought before that was possible... but he's serious now and that's awesome... Even before he was ridden of his so pissing All Fiction, he talked normally to Ajimu... In the end looks like he turned into a quite interesting and badass guy... The reasons why he wanna win the War of the Student Councils is quite good... For a Villain the guys is quite kickass...

Hundred Gauntlet.... Me wonders wha kind of ability is that...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2011 3:32 PM
Mar 2011
huh....
Jan 2, 2013 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
WOW!!! Fucking WOW! That Ajimu can kicks God's ass with so many abilities. This must be the most overpowered person ever created in manga history.
Btw what is she? Why is she in some strange dimension you see when you die?
And if she has so much power how could she have let Kumagaswa remove her face? If she's in that dimension because of what Kumagawa did to her it would make no sense since she could destroy him with a move of her finger.

SoFarGone said:

Very possible not because she enjoys evil but because she sees everything as pointless or insignificant due to her overpowered status. It seems that she's in such a God status in terms of power and has so many contradicting abilities that evil and good all seem like the same pointless shit to her and even powerful people like Medaka are nothing but trash in-frond of her hax abilities.
When you can make and destroy everything nothing seems to have much value or point and you could create the greater distraction just because you were bored.

I wonder if all the plotting Shiranui is making has something to do with this all powerful lady. Maybe Shiranui is also very powerful in a different way and knows her existence and ability and knows that she will be a big thread to existence itself at one point so all this events are something she manipulates to make the student council and Medaka stronger and stronger so when the time comes she would have their help on stopping this op woman.
So if Aijimu in a way is the hidden force of evil then Shiranui may be the hidden force of good. Shiranui basically acting like some sort of God that can't fight completely directly but can act in ways to empower others to fight in a godly battle.
MonadJan 2, 2013 6:24 AM
Jul 11, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2012
Kumagawa was pretty bad-ass in the end. Anyway, as usual I really enjoyed the Kumagawa stuff this chapter & I love his speech to Ajimu about wanting to beat the main characters.
Nov 9, 2014 4:43 PM
Jun 2014
i just had a realization. kumagawa is the anime equivalent to asagi from the disgaea series. to those who do not know asagi from disgaea, she is a girl with dreams of being the main characters and in every nippon ichi game she is involved with tries to be the main character of that game. her voice and personality even changes between each game.
Nov 15, 2014 2:37 AM
May 2013
Wait... How did Kumagawa lost his previous Minus and got All-Fiction? Ajimu did it? Because I don't get why would she take away his Minus and give him a slightly less powerful Minus.

I'm not sure yet if I like that the characters can change their Abnormalities and Minuses. Anyway, Kumagawa was really badass in this chapter, more than usual. And where are Akune and Kikaijima? I thought they were main characters, but they haven't done anything important since ages ago.

And 75 chapters later the Vicepresident's position is still empty. I wonder who will take it. I'd say Kumagawa or Shiranui (most likely Kumagawa since he's having more focus and Medaka said she'd reform him. Is that even possible? Good luck with that xD).
Oct 11, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
Ajimu is probably going to become a villain judging from what she said after Kumagawa left...but Kumagawa looks badass and doesn't talk with those weird brackets now, huh? Can't wait to see what his real minus is now!
Aug 21, 2018 10:47 PM

Apr 2013
This is really fucking boring.

You know why Buffy stayed entertaining, at least for the first three seasons, even with such long episodes and a combined total of over 50 hours?

Because it wasn't just beating supernatural monsters up. It wasn't all drama and clashing ideals for hours on end. There were two plots. The A plot and the B plot. Season 1 was the Master as the A plot. The writers got to play around in a lot of creative episodes in the big lead up to the ultimate fight, while also keeping some of the tension toward the end of each episode as the A plot comes closer and closer to fruition.

Medaka Box is just constant fighting with a stray joke every two chapters. Black and white. Good and evil. Medicine and poison. Happiness and misery. Ajimu was right when she said there's seriously no difference between the two.

Kumagawa is a lot more entertaining than the 13 Party, and he has some cool lines. That's about all that makes this arc special.

Maybe reading 40 chapters in one day was a bad idea?
Jul 19, 2020 11:28 PM
May 2015
Fall said:

You know why Buffy stayed entertaining, at least for the first three seasons, even with such long episodes and a combined total of over 50 hours?

Because it wasn't just beating supernatural monsters up. It wasn't all drama and clashing ideals for hours on end. There were two plots. The A plot and the B plot. Season 1 was the Master as the A plot. The writers got to play around in a lot of creative episodes in the big lead up to the ultimate fight, while also keeping some of the tension toward the end of each episode as the A plot comes closer and closer to fruition.

Medaka Box is just constant fighting with a stray joke every two chapters. Black and white. Good and evil. Medicine and poison. Happiness and misery. Ajimu was right when she said there's seriously no difference between the two.

Kumagawa is a lot more entertaining than the 13 Party, and he has some cool lines. That's about all that makes this arc special.

Fall said:

Cap. So much cap. Too much cap. Cap overload. If I had a dollar for all the cap.
Aug 23, 2020 7:20 AM
Aug 2020
For all of Kumagawa's earlier talk about accepting incompleteness, he's only just now acknowledging his greatest misfortune; the fact that, throughout his life of never winning at anything, he actually DOES want to win. And only now that he's acknowledged that and is committed to following that desire, instead of just trying to lose in a way that hurts his "enemies", will he be able to improve as a person. Even if he loses again, the very fact that he genuinely tried will allow that defeat to change him, unlike his defeat in middle school.
Sep 19, 2021 6:20 AM

Apr 2020
Ajimu has such a ridiculous and overwhelming amount of abilities (or is it minuses and abnormalities?). So it's like she's some sort of god of abilities, assuming that if she can give, she also can take it back. But thats an ironic way to label her like that. She has duality.

Kumagawa finally acknowledged his misfortune and admitting he wants to win no matter what? I assume because of that that the "quotations" in his dialogues are no longer used, or something along that line.

Kumagawa serious mode is activated. I was looking forward on that since the beginning of this arc. But with that, I guess Shiranui's showdown with Medaka would be postponed. Argh, I want to know more about this ominous grinning loli already.
RegulusXSep 19, 2021 7:31 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 102 Discussion

Inarius - Jun 24, 2011

4 by mazuchi »»
Jul 10, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 117 Discussion

RawElements - Oct 13, 2011

29 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 19, 2009

16 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 25, 2010

13 by Gameboy_Matthew »»
Oct 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 125 Discussion

Inarius - Dec 3, 2011

18 by vbzre »»
Aug 27, 2022 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.